As a result of the professional and talented activities of amateur breeders, more and more new hybrid forms of grapes with excellent properties and characteristics are emerging. In recent years, the most successful grape hybrids include forms of the breeder VN. Krainova. One of them is a sort of transfiguration. Despite the fact that the full description of its properties and characteristics has not yet been completed, it has already become one of the most popular and popular varieties in the plots and in the markets, thanks to its excellent taste and appearance. In addition, the growth of the geographical coverage of growing Transformation is due to its good stability, unpretentiousness and low capriciousness.
Transformation - grapes, which is famous for its early ripening
The big problem today is the limited information available on the grapes Transformation. For this reason, it is worth setting out in detail known information about the variety, providing the necessary description of the properties and characteristics.
Grapes Transformation is a hybrid form of grapes, derived from amateur-level breeding activities. The author of this variety is amateur breeder V.N. Kraynov from Novocherkassk. Parental forms are not specified. Since Transformation is a young form, it is at the testing stage and all its characteristic features and properties are unknown. At the moment, the hybrid is not included in the official register of grape varieties, although in the near future we can expect to be assigned the status of an independent varietal variety. One of the most popular forms that are grown by growers in the territory of the Russian Federation, Ukraine and Belarus. Climatic stability makes the hybrid variety in demand among growers of not only the south, but also of the temperate zone.
Victor grapes - one of two varieties, thanks to which Transformation grapes were obtained
It has similar characteristics in taste and appearance with other hybrid forms of Kraynov - Novocherkassk and Viktor Jubilee. These three hybrid forms (Transformation, Anniversary of Novocherkassk and Victor) belong to the so-called famous “Three Krainov”. Due to the lack of sufficient information on the forms, their similar characteristics, it is believed that they belong to the same grape variety.
Description of the characteristic characteristics of the variety:
- Treats forms with early terms of maturing. The period of development is 110-120 days.
- Grapes have a high degree of tallness. Shoots mature well. Shrubs varieties have a strong, branched root system. Shoots are prone to fattening unless special measures are taken.
- It has excellent survival and compatibility properties. It is actively used as a scion when grafting to improve the properties of fruiting and resistance on the bushes of other varieties. The cuttings are distinguished by a high degree of rooting on the rootstocks of a wide variety of varieties.
- High yield. The average yield is 20 kg. from one bush. From the point of view of averages of the fruiting seasonally, the shape is stable and stable. This property allows you to use Transformation as the main variety for mass cultivation.
- The high level of pollination, due to the oboepoloy structure of the flower.
- The level of resistance to fungal infections is medium. Requires constant preventive treatment in the form of spraying the bushes with special preparations.
- Wasps are a danger.
- Frost resistance to -23 degrees. A number of sources indicate a low degree of frost resistance and a mandatory requirement to carry out careful covering work for the winter period.
- High degree of adaptation to new growing conditions, to changes in climatic and soil parameters of growth.
A special feature of the Transformation grape is that it is able to produce a second crop due to the ripening of berries in the stepchildren. That is, the crop ripens twice during the season: the main from the mother shoots - in late July - mid-August, on the stepson ripening occurs until mid-October. It all depends on the climatic conditions. A number of winegrowers indicate that the development of stepchild shoots leads to an “outflow” of nutrients and a decrease in the indicators of the main crop from the mother vine. To avoid this situation, stepchildren are removed.
It does not differ capriciousness in relation to the quality and type of soil. The high level of height of the variety requires a special careful approach to the planning of the site during the landing. Transformation "does not like" close neighborhood with trees and other shrubs. The optimal sizes of free space for one bush are the following parameters:
- the distance between the bushes in a row is 1-2 meters,
- the distance between the rows is 2–3 m.
- depth at not less than 60 cm.
The large size of the bunch and the fruits, as well as the active “pinching” require paying special attention beyond the level of the load on the bush. For this you need to carry out circumcision and molding. At each shoot, it is advisable to leave only one ovary. The optimal load on the bush - 35 shoots. Pruning of the shoots is made on 6-8 eyes.
One of the problems in our vineyards is protecting the berries from wasp damage.
Description of methods of counteracting wasps:
- Destroying wasp nests in close proximity to the site.
- The use of special mesh bags.
- Use special sweet baits.
Since the Transformation is conditional covering material and requires protection for the winter period, especially close attention should be paid to covering. The most common way to cover this variety is to use the soil. Description of soil cover:
- the procedure is carried out after the end of the foliage period and before the onset of severe frost,
- after cutting off the sprouting shoots and making replacement knots, the bush is neatly placed on the ground,
- laid plant is covered with earth,
- hay is laid over the soil,
- the resulting cover is covered with slate or staples for fixation.
Instead of soil, other covering materials are also used: coniferous spruce branches, film, agrofibre, etc.
For young bushes, the best option is a method of hiding with a bucket.
- the old bucket is taken, the bottom is removed,
- the resulting bucket is put on a bush,
- the space in the bucket is gently covered with earth, so that the young plant is
- completely covered
- do not tamp the soil, such actions can damage the plant.
Description of the characteristic signs of the bunch and berries:
- Cluster weight from 0.7 to 1.5 kg. The size of the bunch is impressive. The maximum weight of the bunch is 3 kg.
- The shape of the bunch is conical, cylindrical. Many winegrowers point to the frequent formation of shapeless clusters. Clusters of medium or loose density.
- The berry has an elongated oval shape. The average weight is 14 g. The maximum weight values are 20 g, which is a serious indicator. Fruit size is 3.6 x 2.4 cm. Under particularly favorable conditions, the berry can reach a size of 5.2 cm in length.
- Color - pink or yellow-pink. If the summer was distinguished by a large number of clear sunny days, and the grapes were constantly lit, the berries can keep a yellow color. Also, the color varies depending on the growing region from pale pink to bright red. Moreover, the northern samples have a brighter and more saturated red color.
- The skin is thin, when eaten, it is not felt and does not affect the taste indicators of grapes. There is a thin wax coating with a shade of white.
- The pulp is fleshy, contains a large amount of juice. A high degree of softness of the berry serves as an indicator of the degree of ripening. The softer the berry, the better it is ripe. The presence of small bones does not affect and almost imperceptibly.
- The taste of berries - harmonious, sweet with a faint note of sourness. Winegrowers note a pleasant taste, but no frills. This combination is caused by a high sugar content (18 g per 100 cubic cm), with a slight acidity (6 g per 1 thousand cubic cm). When the bush is overloaded, the taste characteristics sharply deteriorate, the berries become fresh, watery, with low sugar levels.
- Horn is practically absent and does not depend on the quality of the soil, seasonal weather conditions.
Grown for consumption in fresh table form. Private growers due to the sweetness and juicy pulp is actively used for making wine. Variety Transformation is very much appreciated by growers and consumers for the beauty of the clusters and berries, that is, for the quality presentation. Grapes have a good level of transportability.
The variety to which I do not have any complaints, let's say for a beginner to plant, so as they say the first pancake does not turn out to be a lump. conditions about Tason and other varieties that have disappointed. I tried the top berries have a sweet-sour taste that is pleasant.
The Transfiguration is good for everyone, both the look and the yield, but there is no taste, from the word at all. Why is there taste, even if it was sweet, I feel awkward in its implementation, people buy it for appearance, literally make people try the berry, as if I disclaim responsibility, they say they knew what they bought, and imagine, try and buy, although grass. It doesn’t work for me to achieve what would have been, wasn’t overloaded, but anyway ... maybe someone knows the approach to it.
Grape growing is, of course, troublesome, requiring knowledge and labor. Therefore, many gardeners are hesitant to plant a grape sapling on their land. Variety Transformation should be an exception - the resulting crop will reimburse all the efforts of the gardener.