Korean carrots can be made in different ways, there are many recipes for cooking. They differ in the composition of the spices, the proportions of the ingredients, the way the oil is processed. If you wish, you can try different recipes and choose the most optimal one for you, because everyone has different tastes. In this article I will write a Korean carrot recipe at home that my family likes most.
By the way, the amount of spices and vinegar can be changed to your liking. Try the finished salad and add the ingredient you are missing. It is always better to first put less, and then bring to taste.
It is interesting! In Korea, there is no such salad, which we have called the Korean carrot. This recipe was invented in the USSR. In the markets, such a carrot was sold by Koreans, which is why it received such a name. It is believed that in Korean carrots it is necessary to put coriander. In store versions, there is always glutamate sodium in the composition (flavor enhancer). It is considered an unhealthy supplement.
The recipe for pickled cabbage with beets is already on my blog. Be sure to check out. Also read the recipe for sauerkraut.
Carrots in Korean, as in the store.
For this recipe you need the following ingredients:
- carrot - 1 kg
- garlic - 4 cloves
- paprika - 1 tsp
- hot red pepper ground - 1/3 tsp.
- Coriander - 2 tsp.
- sugar - 1.5 - 2 tbsp.
- salt - 0.5 tbsp.
- refined vegetable oil - 100 ml
- Vinegar 70% - 0.5 tbsp. (or 3.5 tbsp. 9%)
The method of cooking successful Korean carrots.
1. Carrots for this salad is better to take thick, so it will be more convenient to rub it. Grate need for grated for Korean carrots. If you do not have such a grater, buy. They are sold in all stores of dishes. If made on a coarse grater, the taste of the salad will turn out different and the appearance will not be as presentable.
You can go a more complicated way: cut carrots into slices using a peeler, and then cut these slices into thin strips with a knife. Grate the carrots into a large bowl for easy mixing.
2. When all carrots are grated, put sugar and salt in it. Sugar first, put 1.5 tablespoons, better then add if necessary. Different carrots have a different sweetness, so the amount of sugar in each individual case may vary. And salt the carrots.
3. Use your hands very carefully, without kneading, mix the carrots with sugar and salt. Do it in such a way as if pouring carrots. If the carrot is crushed, it will not be juicy. Stir until the salt and sugar dissolve, that is, their crystals will not be visible on the carrot.
4. It is better to take coriander in grains and independently grind it in a mortar or a coffee grinder. In this case, you will get a completely different flavor, much richer than the finished ground coriander. Try grinding the spices yourself and see a huge difference with the ground spices in the bags.
So chop the coriander in the mortar. Sprinkle carrots on them, and sprinkle them with paprika and hot peppers. Hot peppers need to take to your liking, depending on how sharp the carrots want to get.
Gently mix the carrot with the spices until it becomes a uniform color.
5. Rub the garlic on a fine grater and put in the salad too. Stir. While mixing, do not wrinkle the carrots so that the juice stays inside.
6. Now you need to fill the carrot with oil and vinegar. To make them well mixed, pour in a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Pour some acetic acid into this oil (70%). And pour the resulting dressing orange root. Stir a little and pour in the rest of the oil. Spread the butter all over the salad, you can throw a little carrot.
7. Salad for this recipe can be eaten immediately. After it is well sprinkled with spices, it will already be tasty. It is necessary to pour each time carefully, so that the carrots well absorb all tastes and aromas.
If you want an even richer flavor, fold the carrot into a jar, cover with a lid and let it stand in the refrigerator for several hours. During this time, this Korean salad will marinate very well and it will be very difficult to resist it.
In the process of cooking in carrots in Korean, you can add a little soy sauce. Get a new flavor.
Another way to cook Korean carrot.
I will not now describe in detail the same thing that was written above. Carrots also need to rub. But in this version, spices and butter are not added alternately; carrots are not poured several times.
It is known that all spices reveal their aroma in vegetable oil, especially in hot oil. Therefore, the carrot is first mixed with sugar and salt (as in the previous version). Next, the carrot is filled with a pile of spices: pepper, coriander, paprika, garlic. Vegetable oil should be heated in a frying pan and spiced with hot oil. Then mix everything and add vinegar.
Put this carrot in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
This option of cooking Korean carrot is also quite popular. Try both of these options and choose the best one!
Write in the comments how you cook carrots in Korean. And visit my blog more often, there are a lot of interesting things here!
How to cook Korean carrots for the winter
Let's start with the carrot. We clean and wash it, then rinse and dry it once more. Next, the most laborious and traumatic part - the carrot must be rubbed. Ideally, if you have a special grater with a thin or medium square section for this purpose - with it you will get a neat thin and long vegetable straw.
It looks, of course, very appetizing. To make the carrot threads long, you need to rub the carrots flat, stretching along the grater along the entire length. The usual large grater will also fit perfectly, the carrot will not look so impressive with it (in my opinion), but the main thing is to make it tasty, right? And the choice of grater does not affect the taste at all.
As finished with a carrot, peel the onions and chop them into smaller cubes. Here I’ll share with you a recently opened, simple way to avoid cramps in the eyes when grinding an insidious “lacrimal” vegetable: just put cold water in your mouth so that your cheeks swell as much as possible and calmly chop the onions without tears.
Now the last vegetable is next in line - garlic. Everything is quite simple with him. We clean and pass the teeth through the press. In the absence of the press, you can use the smallest float that you can find.
Vegetables are prepared, it remains only to fill them. We put vegetables in one container, we fall asleep sugar.
We fill them with oil.
Regarding seasoning. You can fill the salad with seasoning, but it is better not to experiment and choose a mixture from a trusted manufacturer, the taste of which suits you.
Or collect a mixture of spices to your taste. Try, for example, this option: mix together literally on a pinch of ground red (hot) and black peppers, curry, turmeric, ground coriander and whole (crushed with a knife) and sodium glucomat (if available and if desired). Or a simpler version, also very tasty: 1 tsp. ground black pepper and 2 tbsp. l ground coriander.
Next, mix the vegetables well and, having closed the container, leave the salad to infuse for 8-10 hours or just for the night.
During this time, carrots will infuse, marinate, soak in seasonings and give juice. In principle, it is now fully ready for eating. But our goal is to keep the salad for the winter. Therefore, we prepare jars and lids for it (wash and sterilize), lay out the salad, tamping it tightly, along with the resulting juice.
We cover the jars with salad lids and sterilize them in actively boiling water: for cans up to 500 ml, 10 minutes is enough; for larger cans, we increase the time by 5-10 minutes.
After sterilization, we tighten the jars with lids, turn them upside down with the bottoms and, wrapping them up warmer, leave them for about a day. Store in a cool place to demand. Jars can stand for a long time - up to 10 months, but they are always eaten before!
- Carrots 1 kg
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Sugar 1 tsp.
- Salt 1 tsp.
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground red pepper to taste
- Coriander Seeds 2 Pinches
- Ground coriander 1 tbsp. l
- Bulb onion 1 pc.
- Vinegar 9% 1 tbsp. l
- Vegetable oil 7 tbsp. l
We will rub carrots with a grater for Korean carrots. If there is no such grater, cut with a knife in a long straw, cut into chips, using a simple coarse grater
Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar. Stir the mixture with your hands so that the workpiece gives the juice
Chopped garlic, finely chopped onions are sent to a bowl of carrots, as well as ground coriander, black and red peppers. All poured into one place so that all spices are mixed into one spice
Pour vinegar and vegetable oil. Now we need to mix everything thoroughly.
We will cover our bowl and put it in the fridge for a day.
The next day, we sterilize the jars, keep the lids in boiling water for 5 minutes. Spread the contents of the bowl on the banks, evenly distribute the juice, which has identified carrots
For sterilization, put the jars in a large saucepan and boil for 10 minutes, over medium heat from the moment of boiling. Banks are covered with lids, not twisting, but at the bottom of the pan we lay a piece of matter.
So that the banks do not touch the bottom of the pot, otherwise they may burst. Fill with warm water, put the pan on a strong fire
Hot cans roll the key, screw-twist
Check for tightness, close something warm, leave to cool for 12-14 hours
Salad is ready, you can keep in the pantry.
Try to make very tasty.
For sterilization take a large pot. To prevent the banks from cracking, we place a towel or piece of cloth on the bottom. Pour warm water to the hanger cans
Fold the workpiece in the pan, turn on the stove. Boil on medium heat for 10 minutes, no longer needed.
After sterilization, tighten the caps tightly, or roll the key
We turn over the cans to ensure good sealing.
We cover with warm clothes, leave to cool for 12-14 hours. By this time, complete cooling will occur.
Korean carrot is ready, you can remove it to a permanent place of storage
Try it, this is a very simple cooking recipe.
Salad preservation for the winter
Go to the harvesting of the salad for the winter, for this we sterilize cans for a couple of 10 minutes
Putting vegetables in jars, ramming with tolkushki
Close the sterile lids, which are held in boiling water for 5 minutes.
In the end, we got a few jars of very tasty salad
We have not sterilized the blank, so we will keep it in the refrigerator. If sterilized for 10 minutes, it can be stored in a closet at room temperature.
For this you need to take a large saucepan, put a towel on the bottom, pour warm water. Put inside the workpiece.
Heat until boiling, then, reduce the heat and boil for 10 minutes.
In this case, the banks should be covered with lids, but not twisted.
After sterilization, the caps are screwed on and the jars are checked for tightness.
Cover with a blanket and cool 12-14 hours.
Carrot salad in Korean after sterilization may be in the apartment and is ready for use at any time. I recommend to try this recipe, yum fingers.
Korean carrots for the winter - a classic recipe
This is the easiest recipe for preparation, traditional, not requiring cooking.
To cook Korean carrots for the winter in the traditional way you will need:
- 3 kg of carrots,
- 4 medium sized onions,
- 2 heads small garlic,
- 1.5 packs of 15-20 grams. (4 spoons with top) seasoning in Korean (sold in any store),
- 700 ml. distilled or boiled water, but always cooled (cold),
- 350 ml. vegetable oil (oil should not have a smell),
- 6 tablespoons of sugar (tablespoons)
- 2 or 2.5 (to taste) spoons table. salt,
- 4 spoons of any vinegar (to your taste).
The classic recipe for cooking carrots in Korean for the winter - step by step with the photo:
Wash carrots thoroughly, peel with a peeler, and rub into a large bowl using a special grater in Korean.
In cold water (this is a prerequisite, you do not need to heat the water), dilute the salt with sugar until complete dissolution, and as soon as the products have dissolved, add the vinegar essence to them and mix.
Pour marinade carrots, using a spatula gently, so as not to damage the beauty and structure of the vegetable, mix everything. Set food aside for 3.5 hours.
Attention! If you chose a classic Korean carrot recipe for the winter, then it is worth at least 3 hours to draw carrots in the marinade and at most four at room temperature.
With garlic, clean the top husk, push each tooth through the garlic box. If you do not have garlic shoots, you can grate the garlic on a fine grater or on the same as carrots.
Add the garlic, along with the Korean seasoning and sunflower oil in the carrot, again, gently mix all the ingredients.
Now you should do onions. It also needs to be cleaned, cut into your taste with thin rings or halves of rings.
Put the onion in a frying pan lightly oiled with vegetable oil and fry for a while. Onion is ready when it gets a beautiful caramel color. Add hot onion straight from the pan to the carrots and mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
Prepare, that is, sterilize the jars for your salad. It is best in this case to take a small twisting (screw) banks.
Attention! Screw lids for cooking dishes for the winter should be taken only new, second-hand lids can close the banks only if you do not plan to store carrots for a long time.
Spread cooked Korean carrots in cans, properly tamping food. Leave about 2 cm on top of the container. The carrots in the marinade should be left in a bowl, where they were pickled, leave the juice. It should be added to each of the cans with salad, distributing approximately equally.
Close the jars tightly with sterile caps and you're done. Store Korean carrot, made according to the classic recipe, should, as in principle, and any other seaming in a cool place. Shelf life 1 year.
Cucumbers with carrots in Korean for the winter - the most delicious recipe
How to make cucumbers with carrots in Korean for the winter quickly and easily. The second rather interesting and unusual recipe for homemade carrots for the winter.
What we need:
- 1 kilogram of carrots,
- 1.5 kilograms of cucumbers (in this case, cucumbers you can take absolutely any, even yellowish and large, non-standard),
- 120 ml. vinegar (use only nine percent),
- 200 ml. any vegetable oil (you can use olive oil),
- 1 pack (20 grams) of purchased seasoning in Korean.
- 10-12 cloves (1.5-2 heads approximately or 80-85 grams) of garlic (the more, the sharper the dish, respectively).
- 120 grams of sugar
- 2 lodges table. salt (adjust to your own taste),
- Optionally, you can add 2 spoons of soy sauce (not necessarily, but it turns out tastier).
How to cook cucumbers with carrots in Korean:
My cucumbers and peel them off the skin (if you take old overgrown vegetables), you do not need to remove the skin from young cucumbers. Clearing the skin, leave the cucumbers' ass untouched yet. Soak cucumbers in cold water for 5 hours.
We take out cucumbers from water, spreads on paper towels, give dry.
Cut off the ass cucumbers and cut vegetables into long thin slices, about 5 cm in length. We make a kind of straw, but not very thin, thicker than carrots grated on Korean.
Carrots clean, my, terem in Korean.
Attention! If you do not have a grater in Korean, it doesn't matter, you can cut a carrot into a straw using a knife to prepare this salad, just try to cut the vegetables as thin as possible.
We mix carrots with cucumbers and add garlic cloves passed through the garlic box to the vegetables. Garlic can be grated, if not garlic.
We mix together in a separate container sunflower, sugar, vinegar, seasoning in Korean and salt, add soy sauce, if you decide to use it. Fill the marinade with vegetables, using a spatula, mix all the ingredients.
Put your dish in the fridge for 8-9 hours (you can put on all night).
Having gotten the salad, mix it again, the vegetables will have to put the juice in and fully immerse themselves in the brine, they will emit a wonderful aroma.
Cucumbers with carrots in Korean are ready for the winter, now it remains to decompose the salad into sterile jars and immerse these jars for sterilization. To do this, we place the container with the salad in a saucepan, putting a towel on the bottom of the saucepan, fill the saucepan with water and put it on the fire for 25 minutes.
Attention! Initially, we make fire on the stove strong until the water boils, then we reduce it and sterilize the product on low heat.
After the sterilization has passed, we twist the jars with lids, wrap them in a blanket and leave them in this form for a day. In this case, you do not need to overturn the tank. It is best to keep salad in a cool place in winter, the storage period is not more than one and a half years.
Delicious Korean carrots for the winter with seasoning without sterilization
For the preparation will need:
- carrot 3 kg.,
- garlic - 15-17 cloves,
- упаковка специй для морковки по-корейски (можно добавить больше, будет насыщеннее и острее),
- 1300 мл. воды,
- сахара 17 ложек,
- соли 3-4 ложки,
- 550-650 мл. масла растительного,
- 9 процентного уксуса 10 ложек.
How to properly and tasty cook boiled carrots in Korean for the winter with seasoning - a step by step recipe:
Rinse carrots, peel and peel in Korean. Add to the carrots chopped garlic with a knife or garlic. Mix the ingredients.
Pour the carrot with garlic seasoning, mix the dish well, and set aside the mixture of vegetables for half an hour (you can leave for a longer time, for example, an hour or a half). It is necessary that the carrot has started a little juice.
While the seasoned carrot is infused, sterilize the jars, boil the lids for seaming or twisting the cans.
Spread the carrot in Korean in jars, leaving about one and a half to two centimeters above the container.
In a saucepan, place the ingredients for the marinade: vegetable oil, water, vinegar, granulated sugar and salt. Bring these all products to a boil, while stirring to dissolve the bulk solids in the marinade. Boil no more than five minutes, two or three is enough.
Hot marinade, boiling, pour carrots straight from the stove, roll up the jars, shake them several times, turn them upside down, cover with a blanket and leave to cool for a day.
Attention! If screw cans are used, you do not need to turn them upside down, tighten the lids tightly enough and shake the containers several times, then wrap them before cooling.
Korean carrots for the winter with seasoning ready. To taste it will turn out crispy, but semi boiled, very tasty and fragrant.
Spicy Korean zucchini with carrots for the winter
This is a rather unusual, but very tasty combination of vegetables. It turns savory salad, which can be served with any meat, as well as fish or as an independent snack.
You will certainly like rolled up zucchini with Korean carrots, and you will want to make such a salad over and over again.
To prepare you will need:
- 1000 grams (kilo) carrots,
- 6 kg peeled zucchini skin and seeds,
- 1 kg of onions (suitable for any variety, including white and red),
- 3 garlic heads,
- 1 chili pepper,
- 300 ml of any oil (vegetable, olive),
- 180-200 ml. vinegar table,
- a glass of sugar
- 1.5 or 2 to 20 gr. Korean-style condiments (to your taste, the more you add, the sharper the dish),
- 3.5-4 spoons of salt (adjust to taste, so as not to overdo it).
Step-by-step recipe for zucchini in Korean with carrots for the winter:
Before cooking, prepare the jars for salad and lids for seaming. Banks need to be sterilized, boil lids. We recommend making zucchini with Korean carrots for the winter, taking capacity from half a liter to a liter, not more. So it is convenient to store a salad, and you can eat it all at once after opening a can.
Attention! If banks are sterilized in the oven, they should be put in a cold oven, and then turn it on at 120 degrees for 15 minutes for half-liter jars. If the containers are large in volume, the sterilization time should be increased.
Go to the vegetables. My squash, scrape with a knife or peeler peel. At the same time, if the zucchini you take very young, then this is not necessary.
We cut the vegetables in half, extract from the inside all the seeds and fibrous structure (pulp).
Rub the zucchini in Korean (on the same grater). If there is no corresponding grater, vegetables should be cut into very thin straws.
Wash my carrots and shred them on a special grater with long strips. Pour it to the zucchini. We clean the onions, cut them into half rings, and if the heads are too big, then add them to the grated vegetables in smaller pieces.
Chili my, remove the stem, cut arbitrarily or very thin rings and semi rings. Add to the products. After chili, garlic squeezed through a garlic box is sent to a container of vegetables. If desired, garlic can be finely chopped with a knife.
We pour in seasoning, salt, sugar to the cooked vegetables, pour the mixture with oil and vinegar, mix it with our hands. Leave the food in the marinade for one hour.
We take out the jars from the oven, fill them with salad almost to the top. Leave only the neck of the cans empty. Juice, which stood out from the products, pour over the vegetables.
Put the jars in the pot, the bottom of which is covered with a towel. We collect water until the banks for a third will not be covered.
We turn on the fire at full capacity, we cover all the jars with lids. As soon as the water begins to boil, turn the light down to the smallest and so sterilize the products for 20 minutes if the containers are half liter and 40 minutes if the jars are taken liter.
After the right time, we take out the cans, close them with the help of a seamer, shake them several times, set them down with their necks, wrap them up and leave them for a whole day. And do not forget to make one jar for yourself to sample.
You can not roll it up, but simply cover it with a capron lid and leave to cool on the table. As soon as the salad has cooled, you can try it, and roll up the cans in the refrigerator for storage. Courgettes with Korean carrots for the winter ready.
Korean carrot spicy
If you decide to cook a sharp version, then you will need:
- carrots - 5 kg
- garlic - 300 g
- onion - 2 pieces
- vinegar 70% - 30 ml
- vegetable oil - 100 ml
- salt - 15 g
- sugar - 4 teaspoons
- dried cilantro - 2 tablespoons
- red and black ground pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Bear in mind that this salad has a very simple recipe and cooking does not take long, so even a newbie in the kitchen can easily cook. The first step is carrot laundering. Vegetables should be washed under the treated water, then peel and grate. Normal grater can not be used, because there will be no good result.
- Be sure to use the grater designed for this salad. Carrot slices should be very thin and long.
- The second step is to add carrots. Already prepared carrot seasoned with sugar and salt, mix well, leave for 20 minutes. Then add black and red pepper, mix again and leave for 20 minutes. After adding vinegar, diligently mix, so that all the seasonings soaked in carrots. Leave another 30 minutes.
- While the carrot is pickled, it is necessary to heat the vegetable oil, put the finely chopped onion and fry until the last one becomes golden. When the onion is ready, you need to remove and put dried butter in cilantro. Another minute rummage cilantro and together with onions add to the carrot. The prepared mixture is left for 20 minutes and at the end it is necessary to put chopped garlic.
- Ready salad should be mixed well and that's it. Glass jars must first be thoroughly washed, sterilized, filled with ready-made salad and rolled up. Attention, the workpiece must be stored in a cold place.
Korean carrots ordinary
When there is snow and frost outside the window, I want to stay at home and eat something delicious. Each housewife has in her closet delicious billet, one of which is Korean carrot salad.
To make this version of salad you need:
- carrots - 2 kg
- onions - 3 pieces
- garlic - 2 heads
- vegetable oil - 1 cup
- boiled water - 0.5 l
- salt - 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar 70% - 2 tablespoons
- granulated sugar - 4 tablespoons
- seasoning for this salad - 1 pack
- The preparation of this variant of the salad is different from the previous one. The first step is to prepare the pot. To do this, take a deep plate, pour water, then put vinegar, sugar and salt.
- After should be thoroughly mixed until ready. After ready to pour, proceed to the carrot.
Carrots need to be washed, cleaned and grated. We divide the finished filling in half, pour half into carrots, mix and leave for 3 hours. After a set time, rub the garlic and add to the carrot mixture, mix again and make a funnel in the center.
- In parallel, prepare the seasoning from the package and fry the onion in vegetable oil until cooked. First, add seasoning to the center of the carrot mixture, then fried onions. In the end, we mix everything up and fill the pre-sterilized jars. Winter billet should be stored in a cold place, preferably in the refrigerator.
Korean style carrots
Introducing the third and easiest carrot salad recipe in Korean. You can leave this type of salad for the winter, or try it in a few days.
- carrot - 1 kg
- garlic - 1 head
- hot red pepper - 1 piece
- salt - 4 tablespoons
- sugar - 6-7 tablespoons
- regular vinegar - 3-4 tablespoons
- vegetable oil - 1 cup
- water - 0.5 l
- Carrots should be prepared as in the previous versions and mixed with chopped garlic. Then take the pre-washed jars, put on a slice of hot red pepper and add carrot mass.
- Banks filled with boiled water and leave to cool for 10-15 minutes. During these minutes we prepare the fill. Mix water, salt, sugar, vinegar and vegetable oil, mix well and bring to a boil. At the end we pour the usual water out of the cans, add the finished hot fill there, immediately close the jars. Banks must be turned over and left for some time.
- Experienced housewives prepare this salad because of its unique flavor and color. Vedas bright orange salad can not only decorate your everyday, but also a festive table.
Korean carrot recipe
Making a Korean carrot is a simple matter. The cooking process takes only 15 minutes, plus a day for the marinade. Agree that 24 hours and 15 minutes for such a tasty dish, made by yourself with love at home, is quite a bit. What do we need to make Korean carrot?
- Fresh carrot 1 kg,
- 4-5 cloves garlic,
- Pepper red and black 4 small spoons,
- Vinegar 9% 2 large spoons,
- Salt and a half small spoons,
- Sugar is half a big spoon,
- Vegetable oil 50 g
In addition, in order for Korean carrots to succeed, in addition to products, you will need to purchase a special grater. With the help of it you can chop a vegetable on long thin sticks, as it should be for this recipe.
Step by step cooking:
- We clean our main vegetable.
- Rub the root with long stripes on a special grater, which was mentioned above.
- Add salt, sugar and vinegar. This is the basis of any marinade for Korean carrots, no matter how many recipe options exist. Leave the dish to marinate in these spices for 30 minutes before extracting the juice.
- After this time, the Korean carrot seasoning comes into play. Add about 2 teaspoons of black pepper and the same red - this is what gives the most unique savory taste. What makes carrots in Korean carrots in Korean. And also add finely chopped garlic for extra flavor and ostrynki. In general, Korean carrot seasoning is a flight of fancy. Each cook adds something to his taste: someone with coriander, someone with paprika, someone with onion ... Experiment based on your preferences.
- Heat oil in a pan, but do not boil. And then add to the almost finished snack.
- Ready salad leave for the night, and even better for a day, pickle. After 24 hours you can already enjoy the taste!
How to choose a carrot for the recipe
In order for the Korean carrot dish to be fragrant, bright and juicy, first of all you need to choose the right root vegetables. Here you need to pay attention to their maturity and quality. The hue of vegetables does not play a special role, it depends only on the variety and your preferences.
So, what kind of roots you need to buy:
- The color of the fruit should be rich and bright, it will be evidence of the presence of large amounts of vitamins in carrots.
- The integrity of the surface is also important: the fruit must be smooth, without deformation, dark points, cracks or other damage, otherwise all these defects will affect the taste characteristics.
- Fruits should not be lethargic, otherwise carrots will be hard to grate and to taste it will not be juicy, tough and not crispy.
- At the cut between the root crop and the tops, the carrot should be bright green.
- If the vegetables are washed before being sold, they will not be stored for a long time, but such carrots are quite suitable for making salad.
- If the cut of the middle part of the fruit has a color different from the color under the skin, then this suggests growing them with the help of an increased amount of chemicals.
- If processes are visible on carrots, then these can be either over-ripe fruits, or fruits with an increased dose of nitrates.
- Root crops should not be wet and as if covered with a fat film - most likely, they were treated with chemicals.
- If thin black stripes are visible on carrots, then pests have started in the fruit, which means that such vegetables should not be eaten. This also applies to carrots damaged by rodents.
Here are the ingredients of the salad:
- 1.5 kg of peeled carrots,
- 250 g of peeled and chopped onions,
- 1 tbsp. salt spoon,
- 100 g sugar
- 50 ml of vegetable oil,
- 50 ml of vinegar 9 percent,
- 1 tbsp. spoon of ground coriander,
- 0.5 bags of "Seasoning for carrots in Korean",
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper,
- 1 head of garlic.
Kitchen appliances and utensils
To prepare for the winter of Korean carrot salad, you need to prepare such tools and dishes:
- special "Korean grater" for rubbing carrots with long stripes,
- an enameled glass or plastic container with a lid for mixing the ingredients of the salad,
- 0.5 liter jars
- covers for preservation,
- knife and board for slicing onions,
- garlic chopper
- a pot to sterilize the salad cans
- towel for wrapping cans after rolling.
Step-by-step recipe with photos
Now let's proceed to the direct preparation of snacks:
- Wash carrots thoroughly, clean or scrape them, rinse with running water. Grate the roots on the "Korean grater". Fold the grated carrot into the mixing container.
- Chop the onion and add to the carrot.
- Squeeze the peeled garlic through the chopper and pour it to the carrots and onions.
- Add sugar, salt, coriander, black pepper and seasoning, pour vegetable oil and vinegar on chopped vegetables.
- Stir the ingredients thoroughly with a spoon, and then slightly remember with your hands so that the vegetables begin to give out the juice.
- Cover the container with the salad lid and place in the fridge for a day.
- Wash soda cans and sterilize.
- The next day, arrange this snack on the banks and pour evenly allocated juice.
- Place the jars of salad in a pot of warm water, bring the water to a boil and sterilize the jars for 10 minutes.
- Then remove the jars from the pan, cover them with boiled lids and roll them up. Cover the top with a towel to cool the cans.
Video: how to cook carrots in Korean
How to store the workpiece
The requirements for storing canned salad in Korean are the same as for any other preservation. To harvested salad well preserved throughout the winter, banks need to be protected from direct sunlight, high humidity and temperature changes.
For this suitable cellar or storeroom. If the house does not have these premises, then a mezzanine or a glazed and insulated balcony will fit perfectly for this.
What to bring carrots to the table
Korean carrots can be present in the daily meals, as well as at festive feasts.
This salad is eaten both as a separate dish and as an ingredient in other salads, for example, with chicken or sausage.
Also the rolls of pita bread, in which this snack is wrapped, are very popular. Served spicy carrot to such dishes and side dishes:
- mashed potatoes,
- fried potatoes
- pork shashlik,
- oven-roasted pork,
- meat cooked in French
- roast lamb,
- boiled or baked mackerel or trout,
- baked in the oven or smoked chicken.
As you can see, it’s easy to prepare Korean carrots for the winter at home according to our simple recipe. There are also no special requirements for storage of the workpiece in the winter.
Therefore, we recommend you to try this spicy dish yourself, which will delight you and your loved ones during a simple meal, as well as on a festive table.
Feedback from network users
1 kg of carrots (I take a large, massive, you can even slightly more than 1.100 - taking into account the cut tails and skins) 2 tablespoons without a hill of salt (small!) *** 1 onion (optional) 4-5 tablespoons vinegar 0.5 cups unscented sunflower oil 3 tablespoons sugar 0.5 teaspoons black pepper 1 teaspoon sweet paprika 3 tablespoons coriander (ground) 4-5 cloves of garlic
Add the carrot, cut in an appropriate way, into a deep bowl, sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons of salt, mix and set aside for 10-15 minutes. At this time, peel the onions and chop them large. In hot oil, fry it and throw it away. Oil is drained. (I sometimes miss the action with onions, in principle, this does not really reflect on the taste.) While the butter is hot, we drain the resulting juice from the carrot (we don’t need it). Squeeze the garlic into a bowl of carrots and sprinkle with coriander. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, pepper and paprika. Pour the hot oil into a glass, add vinegar and mixed spices, then pour the hot mixture into a carrot. Тщательно перемешиваем, наслаждаясь ароматом, и отправляем настаиваться в холодильник на ночь. На следующий день ароматная, пикантная морковка готова!
*** так как многие, кто готовил морковку, жаловались, что она выходит слишком солёной, то показываю, что я использую очень, очень мелкую соль. Если ваша - крупнее, то уменьшайте количество. Carrots should not be salty, salt is needed for the carrot to give juice and soften.