There is an opinion that the ear mite in rabbits (or psoroptosis) is not at all a dangerous disease that is not worth paying attention to. In fact, everything is much more serious. The ear tick causes severe complications in animals, otitis, an infection can get into the brain, which can be fatal.
Psoroptosis requires mandatory and immediate treatment. The sooner you start tick therapy, the better your chances of preserving the health of the animal. We will understand what to treat a rabbit from ticks, how psoroptosis manifests itself and what to do to avoid infection.
Symptoms, photo of ear mite in rabbits
The ears of these animals are places of increased concentration of blood vessels. Their presence makes rabbit ears especially attractive for dangerous bloodsuckers, ear mites. Although, another species, ixodic ticks, in rabbits live on their backs and on other parts of the body.
Infection in rabbits in rabbits occurs either from the rabbit to the offspring, or from adults through skin scales, etc.
Also, ear diseases in rabbits can occur with the following factors:
- The crowding of animals (wrong content).
- Bad nutrition (vitamin deficiency).
- High humidity.
- Infection with helminths or infectious diseases.
In winter and spring, psoroptosis is particularly acute.
The first 5 days after infection is an incubation period. This period of time occurs with virtually no symptoms.
Further, small yellowish mites appear in the animal's ears, visually resembling a dirty patina. How mites look in the ears of a rabbit can be seen in the photo:
Because of this, rabbits scratch their ears even more. If you do not take action, irreversible processes can occur. If psoroptosis (ear mite) is detected in rabbits, start treatment immediately!
How to treat ear mite in rabbits? Folk ways
The use of camphor oil or turpentine is an effective folk treatment for rabbits for ear mites. For treatment, oil should not be diluted. It must be collected in a syringe (without a needle) and irrigate the inner affected surface of the animal's ear. Treat the ear mite with camphor oil simply and effectively.
Similarly, psoroptosis treatment can be carried out using turpentine. However, in this case it will be necessary to dilute it with vegetable oil in the following ratio: two parts of oil to one part of turpentine. After 2 weeks, the procedure should be repeated.
How to treat a rabbit tick? Preparations
Folk remedies for the treatment of ear mite in rabbits, it is desirable to combine with medication. Depending on the degree of damage to the animal by parasites, sprays from ticks for rabbits “Tsiodrin”, “Dikrezil”, “Acrodex”, “Psooptol” can be used. However, before buying the drug, you should contact the veterinarian to examine the animal and prescribe a remedy that will be optimal for use in this case.
To protect the rabbit from ear mites, it is necessary to regularly conduct preventive examinations. Pregnant females are inspected for the presence of parasites 2 weeks before capping.
If you take a new animal, be sure to endure quarantine for a period of 2 to 3 weeks to prevent the spread of rabbit disease.
If you have been in contact with infected animals, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly and disinfect clothes. Do not touch healthy animals with dirty hands - you can infect them, because scales or scabs may remain on the hands.
For prophylactic purposes, it is necessary twice a year to process the cages and enclosures in which rabbits are kept. The low temperatures are good at killing ticks, however, at the time of cooling the animals must be moved to a warm place so that they do not get sick.
Rabbit scratches his ears
Diagnosis of any disease begins with the identification of one or more characteristic signs. The first classic sign of psoroptosis is itching, which is accompanied by scratching the rabbit's neck area. The second sign of ear tick itch if the rabbit is shaking its ears. Other - unlikely, tested in practice.
Psoroptosis in rabbits - what an ear tick looks like
Psoroptosis in rabbits or ear scabs in rabbits causes a microscopic ear mite. Its Latin name is Psoroptes cuniculi.
This type of tick doesn’t dig its skin
The size of the rabbit ear mite in length from 0.4 to 0.8 mm. To the naked eye, rabbit ear mite, a person with very good eyesight will see. A detailed view of the structure is possible only under the simplest (school) microscope with a minimum (twentyfold) magnification of the lens.
A photo. Psoroptes cuniculi with a 40s microscope magnification. The ear flare is clearly visible when magnifying the 20's.
Can a rabbit have otodecosis - cat's ear?
Externally, Psoroptes cuniculi, resembles an ear mite in a cat. They even belong to the same genus of ticks - Psoroptes. The ear of a cat's scabies is called Otodektoz, and the rabbit is called Psoroptosis. Meanwhile, they never parasitize each other's ears. Cases of spontaneous infection of rabbits with cat ear are known, but the disease is mild and ends on its own without treatment. The person also does not have ear rabbit scabies. For the treatment of ear mites, cats and rabbits use the same medication. Acaricides are made on the basis of the same means.
Ear Tick Rabbit Can Be Treated With Cats
How rabbits catch ear mite, how it develops
- The infection of the rabbit with the tick Psoroptes cuniculi occurs from the first days of life when the rabbit comes into contact with the nursing rabbit or with the rabbit among themselves. Adult rabbits are less commonly infected during mating, through nursing items, and litter.
- Inside the auricles of a rabbit, the ear mite goes through four stages of metamorphosis (transformations): an egg, a larva, a nymph (protonimph, teleonym), an imago (adult).
- The development from egg to imago is completed in about 14–20 days, a maximum of 1.5 months.
- The individual lifetime of the rabbit imago mite is from 3 to 6 weeks.
Does the scabies mite live in the rabbit's ears?
- The only place of parasitism of the Psoroptes cuniculi ear mite is the auricle moves to the eardrum. Ticks fall out of the auricle only to infect another animal.
- Psoroptes cuniculi belong to the group of cutaneous parasites. However, the earwax pathogen is not present on exposed areas of the skin, only inside the ears. Crusts on the head, neck, back - these are just the effects of itching, or traces of other rabbit ticks (Haletiosis - addermus and Leporakarus - fur tick).
- The rabbit ear tick does not move inside the skin, it is not an intradermal parasite. Those who claim the opposite are not professional acarologists.
- The eardrum is a natural barrier against the penetration of the ear mite into the middle and inner ear. The forced tilt of the head, drooping of the ear in a rabbit is evidence of the destruction of the eardrum and complicated pathogenesis, accompanied by the release of exudate (serous, catarrhal, purulent, hemorrhagic).
- Ear tick can parasitize the ears of a rabbit throughout the life of the rabbit. Adult rabbits are sometimes diagnosed with latent or hidden scabies, which can have serious consequences for the rabbit (lymphoextravazate, ear polyps).
How to understand that a rabbit has become infected with psoroptosis - an ear mite
The first signs of ear scabies baby rabbits, when infected from the mother, begin to appear immediately after infection.
The term "incubation period" for parasitic diseases is not used.
It is replaced by the term “biological development cycle”. On the basis of the characteristic signs, the owner notices the disease of the ears of his pet and, on their basis, turns to the veterinarian for help.
- Itching in the ears. Rabbits scratch their ears, shake their heads, especially intensely in the first weeks of illness. In the future, as it gets used to itching, rabbits itch less often. Exhausting itching leads to depletion of the protective forces of the body of the rabbit, growth retardation, slower development.
- Earwax accumulates constantly, despite regular hygiene procedures in the ear canals. Sulfur accumulates closer to the base of the ear. Sulfur in rabbits in the ears is removed with a cotton swab. Sulfur in the form of scales, it can be dry and wet.
- Some rabbits are so accustomed to the constant itching that they behave like healthy animals, dirty ears indicate a disease. Cleaning the ears of a healthy rabbit is not required.
If the rabbit's ears are constantly dirty - this is also a sign of ear scabies.
The final diagnosis for psorioptic disease is made when ticks are detected when examining ear wax.
How to detect a rabbit ear mite under a microscope
It is not difficult to diagnose the ear mite even at home. To do this, you must have excellent vision, a magnifying glass or simple equipment, such as:
- the simplest microscope, with an increase in the lens 20x,
- glass slides or watch glass,
- blunt tweezers,
- mineral oil, or 10% aqueous solution of baking soda,
- tailor or dissecting needle.
Wrap a piece of cotton wool over the free end of the tweezers. If you do everything correctly, the rabbit allows you to clean your ears without special fixation. Tweezers with a dry fleece gently penetrate into the ear by 2-3 cm, collect sulfur.
Do not be afraid! It is impossible to damage the eardrum in the rabbit's ears, tweezers with blunt ends and protected with a piece of cotton.
Transfer the sulfur to the glass, add a drop of any liquid mineral oil or soda solution, divide the sulfur into small particles using a needle. After dissolving the crusts and sharpening, you will see moving ticks. The smaller the drop, the easier it is to find ticks. To better see the structure of the mite under a microscope, you can press the sample between two glass beads.
Tick, sandwiched between the glass is flattened, but not destroyed
So it is easier to detect under a microscope. Tick on the photo illustrating the article, just fixed. The magnification of a school microscope is two times less than in the photo, but enough for a detailed study of the tick. If instead of oil you use any transparent synthetic glue (for example, a two-component epoxy), then after compression and drying, you will receive a preparation that can be stored for a long time in the collection of micro-preparations of your own zoological museum. In the same way, you can make a cat tick drug and compare the differences. They are not significant, but there is, check your attentiveness.
Symptoms of ear rabbit scabies, psoroptes without complications
Mouth apparatus scabbed mites piercing-sucking, tapered. Itch mite feeds on lymph, tissue fluid, serous exudate, dead epithelium of the rabbit auricle. The parasitic mite stimulates the formation of earwax.
A triad of clinical significant symptoms of rabbit ear scab is noted immediately after infection:
- The strongest itch, the rabbit shakes his head, itching all the time, the animals lose their appetite, they are restless, all the rabbits have similar symptoms from the same litter (nest),
- The earwax is moderately intense, the crusts are moist, gray, the skin of the auricle, after cleaning, looks healthy, but forms again after a short period of time,
- Allergic reactions of immediate type in response to ear mite invasion. Externally manifested by tearing, crusts under the eyes, rhinitis. In a laboratory study of peripheral blood, eosinophilia and a shift to the left are found in rabbits.
Bacterial otitis, complicating ear scabies in rabbits
The pathogenesis and clinical symptoms are varied, usually involving inflammation of the nasal passages and throat. Otitis is dangerous after the eardrum is destroyed and the infection penetrates into the middle ear. This is manifested by severe pains - puncture of the head. And the question why the rabbit has one ear hung means that the animal develops otitis media. Otitis treats:
- course injections of penicillin antibiotics, up to 7 days in a row,
- blockages of the ear nerve 2% novocaine in combination with dexamethasone, once every 2-3 days,
- daily hygienic cleansing of the ears, the release of the auricle from exudate
Only after the improvement of the general clinical condition in the rabbit, we proceed to the treatment of the ear tick with complex medicines for the ear tick (see below).
How to clean your rabbit's ears, the treatment scheme for ear scabies at home
The procedure for treating an ear mite (simple form) in rabbits is uniform, regardless of what medicine you use (folk, simple, complex composition, injection), do so:
Cleaning the ears → medicine for ticks → removal of drug residues, except for shots
- Before applying drugs from ticks on the ears, you should carefully and as much as possible remove all crusts from the ear canals. Under the crust, eggs of a tick are inaccessible for medications, therefore, invasion will resume. In the crusts, egg tick eggs are incubated.
- The treatments are repeated two or three times with an interval of 7 days, thus the chain of development of the ear tick from egg to imago is broken. Separate stages are not available for the acaricidal effect of the drug (external and even injection).
- Simultaneously change the litter. Wash the cage and all care items (bowls, toys, combs, etc.) with hot water and soap.
- If several pets live in the house, next to a sick rabbit ear scabies, it is necessary to treat everyone, regardless of the presence or absence of symptoms (itching, ear sulfur). We always process both ears.
- Female rabbits, before mating, are examined for infection with an ear mite (by external examination, in some cases under a microscope). Animals are treated only before mating, pregnant and lactating females are not subject to tick treatment.
- When processing, the increased individual sensitivity of rabbits to individual components of the preparations should be taken into account.
- It is impossible to treat with acaricides, for ear mites, rabbits with signs of purulent otitis. First, get rid of purulent otitis, and then from the tick.
- Rabbits cannot be treated for ear mites with signs of infection. First, get rid of the infectious disease, and then from the ear mite.
Before applying the medication it is necessary to thoroughly clean the ears of the rabbit. Many veterinarians who treat rabbit ear mites neglect this important rule. Do not forget that ticks are resistant even to radiation, evolutionarily they are much older than any mammal, and therefore well protected from external influences.
Under the protection of sulfur, ticks are not available for acaricides
How to treat sulfur in the ears of rabbits. It uses cotton pads on tweezers to clean the ears. Vata can be impregnated with any hygienic solutions, for example: medical dioxidin 1% solution is produced in ampoules or vials.
Dioxidine 1% solution is cheaper and more effective than similar veterinary drugs
Compare preparations for hygienic and antimicrobial treatment of the ears - Dioxidin 1% solution and Drops of ear Otoferonol. The only drug that is part of Otopheronol: Cycloferon (antibiotic), and the price is two times higher. Microscopic wounds left by tick bites are better treated with antiseptics, and not with ordinary oil. It is important that after treatment in the ears did not remain liquid, it must be removed with a dry cotton swab.
Leave fluid in the ears - create the conditions for otitis
List of simple preparations for ear mites in rabbits
A good medicine for ear mites is not necessarily expensive, the main condition is to clean the rabbit's ears before treating it with medicine.
Prepared drugs for the impregnation of cotton wool and treatment of rabbit ears with acaricides for ear scabs, the best options for how to treat a rabbit with a tick. Preparations containing only one component (active ingredient) are intended for the treatment of rabbit ear scabies at home. Do not be confused by the presence of additional substances. In this case, they do not play a role in eliminating the symptoms, but are exclusively form-building substances, in order to obtain a medicine in the form of an ointment, spray, solution, gel, and so on.
- Stronghold from ear mite. The active ingredient is selamectin, when the rabbit's ear mite is applied with a drop, after cleaning the ears.
- Aversectic ointment from ear mites. Active ingredient Aversektin-S, fillers PEG1500, PEG400, glycerin. This remedy for ear mites, designed specifically for the treatment of rabbits.
- Celandine Maximum spray, active substances acaricides (fipronil and pyriproxyfen), glycerin fillers, lavender essential oil, isopropyl alcohol. Rabbit ear tick spray for rabbits is one of the best drugs from the list, than to treat rabbit ears, designed, including for rabbits. Do not allow the drug to get into the eyes of a rabbit.
- Lawyer - from fleas and ticks in the cat. The composition of imidacloprid (insecticide - from insects), moxidectin (acaricide - from ticks). Lawyer (composition for dogs), rabbits will be too strong.
- Acaromectin. As an active ingredient Ivermectin 1%, excipients isopropyl alcohol and mineral oil. Клещи у кроликов в ушах, лечение акаромектином оптимально по соотношению цена-качество,
- Микодемоцид – капли от ушного клеща, одно из средств, чем лечить ушного клеща. В качестве действующего вещества Хлорофос 0,7% р-р, вспомогательные вещества изопропиловый спирт 4% и облепиховое масло до 100%. The tool has an unpleasant smell of chlorophos. Preparations on the basis of FOS are limited in veterinary use. Let the veterinarian handle the ears with this drug.
- Dana Spot-on to combat ectoparasites of carnivores. Spot on is a designation for topical use. The drug is designed for dogs and cats, but can be used to treat ear mites in rabbits. The active ingredient is fipronil (acaricide), excipients: isopropyl alcohol, DMF, citric acid, PEG.
- Butox 50 or Butox 7.5. Both are based on deltamethrin, it is a professional tool
List of complex preparations for ear mites in rabbits
These medicines are usually expensive, at home I would not advise using it without the recommendation and prescription of the attending physician.
These drugs are used to treat ear mites with complications. They contain together medicines for ear mites and additionally antimicrobial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, immunostimulating components, such as:
- antiallergic drug, such as prednisone,
- antibacterial drug, such as gramicidin, polymyxin,
- antifungal component, such as clotrimazole,
- relieving pain in an animal, such as lidocaine.
Below are the multicomponent anti-scabs drugs that can be used to treat ear scabies in rabbits.
- Ear drops Anandin plus. Contains: Permethrin (acaricide), gramicidin-C (antibiotic) and glucamopropylcarbacridone (immunomodulator)
- Amitrazine. Contains Amitraz (acaricide), active filler Dimexide (an antibacterial agent) and rapeseed oil. Inexpensive tool than to treat ear mite in rabbits, combined with the beginning otitis.
- Ivermek spray. Contains: Ivermectin (acaricide), lidocaine (for pain), chlorhexidine (antiseptic), panthenol (wound healing).
- Ivermek - gel. Contains: Ivermectin (acaricide), lidocaine hydrochloride (for pain), dexpanthenol (wound healing).
- Amidel gel. Contains: Amitraz (acaricide), lidocaine hydrochloride (for pain) methyluracil (wound healing).
- Surolan Contains: Miconazole nitrate (antifungal), polymyxin-B (antibiotic), prednisone (for inflammation and allergies).
- Aurikan Contains: Sulfobenzoat (acaricide). Diazinon (insecticide), prednisolone (against inflammation and allergies), hexamidine dialisate (antiseptic), tetrakine hydrochloride (from pain).
- Anandin plus. Contains: Permethrin (acaricide), anandin (immunomodulator), gramicidin-C (antibiotic).
- Amit. Contains: Amitraz (acaricide), prednisolone (against inflammation and allergies), Dimethyl sulfoxide (antiseptic).
- Dekta. Contains: Fipronil (acaricide), chloramphenicol (antibiotic), lidocaine hydrochloride (for pain), dimethyl sulfoxide (antiseptic).
- Otoferonol Gold. Ingredients deltamethrin (acaricide), cycloferon (antibiotic), propolis extract (natural immunomodulator).
- Otoferonol Plus. Ingredients Deltamethrin (acaricide), cycloferon (antibiotic).
- Otoferonol Premium. Ingredients: Permethrin (acaricide), dexamethasone (for inflammation and allergies)
List of injection drugs (shots) from the ear tick
The group of macrocyclic lactones or ivermectin for rabbits is one of the most effective and convenient to use when treating acarosis. Most macrocyclic lactones can be used as an injection under the skin of a rabbit.
Beware of side effects in rabbits
By the way, this group of drugs destroys some of the other parasites of the rabbit (roundworms, fleas, tick mites). Here are some injectable forms of macrocyclic lactones that can be used in the treatment of rabbit ear scabies. Ear scabies in rabbits drug injection treatment.
A photo. Injectable drug Ekomectin 1% solution developed including for the treatment of rabbits, registered in Russia
- Ecomectin 1% (Belarus) Active ingredient ivermectin. One of the few drugs that are developed, including for the treatment of rabbits. Dose of 0.1 ml per 5 kg of body weight. Subcutaneously, used for passalurosis, trichostrongylosis, psoroptosis. The Belarusian drug (Beltekotekhnika) is sold in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia.
- Dectomax (USA) Active ingredient doramectin. It affects ticks for up to 28 days. Dose of 0.2 ml per 5 kg of animal mass, subcutaneously, once.
- Akaromectin (Russia) Active ingredient ivermectin. Injecting acaricide Dose of 0.2 ml / 5 kg animal mass, subcutaneously.
- Abivertin (Russia) Active ingredient abamectin. The rabbit is injected subcutaneously at a dose of 0.2 ml / 5 kg of animal weight.
- Ivertin (Russia) Active ingredient ivermectin. Rabbit is administered subcutaneously at a dose of 0.2 ml / 5 kg body weight.
- Aversect-2 (Russia) Active ingredient aversectin and novocaine. Rabbits apply very carefully due to pain reactions. Dosage 0.1-0.2 ml / 5 kg of animal weight.
- Ivermek (Russia) Active ingredient ivermectin, tocopherol acetate or vitamin E. Dosage 0.2 ml / 5 kg rabbit weight.
All the above mentioned antiparasitic drugs (domestic, from near and far abroad) are officially registered in the Russian Federation, you can buy them at any veterinary pharmacy, without a prescription. All drugs have therapeutic limitations. Carefully read the instructions for use. If you pay attention to drugs with the same name, but having some additional words in the name have different purposes. The recommendations set forth in the article are informative in nature and cannot reflect the true pathogenesis of a particular clinical case.
Ear mite preparations that are not commercially available
Such acaricidal drugs that are advertised on the Internet as the most common for the treatment of ear mites are absent in the register of veterinary drugs registered in the Russian Federation:
- Psoroptol (ointment, spray, drops, emulsions, gel), as well as a nonexistent dosage form - foam,
- Dicresil (ointment, spray, drops, emulsions, gel, foam),
- Acrodex (ointment, spray, drops, emulsions, gel, foam),
- Cyodrin (ointment, spray, drops, emulsions, gel, foam).
- Neostomosan (based on transmix and tetramethrin) this drug has expired registration in the Russian Federation since 11.28.2016. Previously, this drug was widely used as an acaricide. However, it is possible to find this drug. At present, Neostomozan is registered in the Belarusian Registry under the number 5293-10-16 of the CPAA since 07.04.2016.
A drug that is registered in one of the countries of the customs union is considered legal in any country that is part of the customs union. Some of these drugs were used previously in veterinary acarology, but at present their registration has been canceled due to the toxicity of the active substance or for other reasons. Perhaps these are medications, perhaps they exist in the veterinary registry of Belarus, Armenia, and then they can be found, respectively, in the medical or veterinary pharmacy of the Russian Federation. Any medications are registered only in Ukraine and not registered in the Russian Federation, are clearly absent in the legal turnover in the Russian vetptekakh.
Pathogen Sarcoptes scabiei (itch itch) - intradermal parasite of white or yellow-white color. The male is no more than 0.23 mm in length, and the female is 0.45 mm. Have a wide oval body in the fold, not divided into segments. On the part of the legs of the sucker, the rest - with bristles. Eyes are missing. With the help of the gnawing-sucking mouth apparatus, they make passages in the skin and live there. They feed on blood. Path of infection:
- from a sick rabbit (during mating, when crowded, from mother to children when feeding),
- through objects with which patients with agricultural or wild animals contacted,
- from a person (carries on clothing, items eared).
- itching (eared combing harassing places),
- hair loss in places of scratching,
- dry skin either with a purulent crust,
- loss of appetite.
Ear tick can be seen under a magnifying glass. To inspect the animal, it is necessary to equip with a magnifying glass, petroleum jelly, a tool that can be scraped with glass. Taking a scraping from the affected area, place it on a piece of glass on which Vaseline, preheated to 40 ° C, has been applied. Examine the sample under the magnifying glass. If you see a lot of small yellow insects, then your pet attacked a tick.
In the laboratory, a specialist also takes a scraping from a rabbit's auricle and studies it with modern equipment. Further, a cytological examination, examination of the middle ear with an otoscope, X-ray or CT can be performed.
Itch mite gives characteristic symptoms and the presence of small bumps on the skin, which eventually transform into bubbles. When they burst, watery fluid is released. Drying, it turns into a crust or scabs. In the clinic, a veterinary specialist will make a scraping of the damaged area of the skin and examine it under a microscope, having previously treated it with an aqueous solution of potassium or sodium. If the eared catches a scabies mite, then the parasite and its eggs will be visible under the magnification.
Fur tick can be found on the fur coat of the crawl during the inspection. It can be seen with the naked eye on the fur of any color.
Veterinary drugsItch mite is treated with acaricidal ointments: sulfuric, sulfuric tar, Yam ointment, birch tar, sulfur powder. If the affected area is extensive, then it is necessary to bathe the patient in a warm solution (+39 ° C) of one percent chlorophos. The solution is not washed off, and the animal must be dried after bathing so that it does not lick the wool. It is advisable to wear conical collar. You can do without swimming. In this case, the rabbit is sprayed with a 2% chlorophos solution or a 0.1% butox solution, alternating with a 0.3% ASD-3 emulsion.
From the ear tick, the following drugs are used:
- Ivermectin is an injectable drug, administered once under the skin in a dosage of 0.2 g per 1 kg of animal weight.
- Stronghold is applied to the withers once in a dosage of 6 mg of selamectin per 1 kg of weight, which is similar to 0.1 ml / kg of a 6% solution and 0.05 ml / kg for 12%.
- Butox-50. One ampoule of the drug is diluted in a liter of water. This solution is sprayed on the ears of the animal. Repeated therapy is carried out in 10 days.
If there are pockets of severe inflammation and itching, then help relieve irritation: ryan, ribotan, aspirin.
Folk remediesThe ear mite is treated with camphor oil and turpentine. Oil is collected in the syringe and injected into the auricle. Excess promakatsya napkin. The same method is used for processing with turpentine, but it must first be diluted with vegetable oil (2 parts oil and 1 part turpentine). If necessary, the procedure is repeated after 2-3 weeks.
At the initial stage we apply a solution of iodine, alcohol and vegetable oil. The components are mixed in equal shares. This solution is instilled into the ears. The scabs and crusts formed on the skin are softened with the help of warm vegetable oil and a mixture of glycerin and iodine (4: 1). Lubricate wounds need daily.
- Regularly inspect animals (at least 2-3 times a year).
- Disinfect the instrument and cells with antiparasitic agents at least twice a year.
- Having bought an animal, place it in quarantine, isolating it from the rest.
- Noticing the signs of the disease in one individual, urgently isolate it from the rest.
- Isolate the rabbits from potential carriers of ticks (homeless cats, dogs, rats).
- If the female has to bring posterity the other day, examine her for the presence of parasites.
- Treat the sick rabbit with gloves only.
Can I eat infected rabbit meat
If the treatment of the rabbit from ticks was successful and quarantine was sustained, then its meat is usable. Otherwise, it is undesirable to consume contaminated meat. Identify the tick in a pet as early as possible. After all, the parasite not only delivers a lot of inconvenience to eared, but also harms its health. A neglected disease can lead to irreparable consequences, including death.