The most effective soil for growing tomatoes is “Pink Honey”, where legumes, cabbage, garlic, carrots, onions, and radishes used to grow. It is best to plant tomatoes in different places each year so that they do not pull the same nutrients out of the soil. When planting, remember that this variety, like many others, is very picky about heat. Therefore, the seeds germinate only at a temperature of + 20-25oC. If the temperature drops below + 15 ° C, flowering and the formation of fruits may slow down.
Too much heat for pink honey is also undesirable. Thus, at a thermometer mark of +35 ° C, pollination will not occur, and therefore there will be no fruits. If you need to accelerate the germination of seeds, use special growth promoters. They also create resistance to diseases and promote good fruit ovary.
The grade "Pink honey" is drought-resistant. However, this does not mean that you can forget about watering. On average, water adult tomato bushes 2 times a week. The rate of moisture for one plant: a bucket of water. Note that an excess of moisture in the soil can destroy the plant, cause gray mold or a disease called blackleg. If possible, plant seedlings of “Pink Honey” tomatoes in shading, so it will grow better. In direct sunlight, tomato bushes will be frail, there will be few leaves on them. Such plants very quickly catch different sores and therefore need treatment.
Fertilizing fertilizer affects the number of ripening fruits, as well as their quality. In order for tomatoes to grow green vegetative part, use nitrogenous, as well as organic fertilizers. Chicken manure and cow dung diluted with water in the ratio of 1:20. Do not allow surplus of this type of fertilizer, since excessive growth care often reduces the quality of the crop. Be sure to feed the tomatoes "Pink Honey" potash and phosphate fertilizers. From this, the fruits ripen faster, and their taste becomes more pleasant.
Characteristics of tomato "Pink Honey"
The fruits of tomatoes "Pink Honey" are very large, soft and fleshy. They have a pink color. The shape is usually rounded heart-shaped. The mass of fruits can reach 1500 grams: this is a pretty good indicator for a tomato. If on one hand several fruits are tied, their weight is usually less.
According to the manufacturer, the “Pink Honey” tomato can grow even on saline soils. Tomato ripening: by the end of summer. In other words, this kind does not apply to early ripening. The plant height often reaches a length of 60-70 cm. If you grow a pink honey tomato in a greenhouse, its height can be more than one meter.
Description and characteristics of the variety
Tomato variety Pink honey bred by Russian breeders and listed in the State Register of Breeding Achievements in 2006
- Large-fruited variety, not a hybrid. It occupies a leading position in its group.
- It is possible to grow up both in the greenhouse, and in an open ground.
- Determinant and semi-determinant variety. Shrubs grow to a height of 0.6-1.4 m.
- Requires tying and pinching.
- Keeps all qualities of a grade at independent collecting seeds. They are suitable for sowing seedlings and provide good germination.
- The average term of maturation. Tomatoes begin to harvest in 110-115 days after germination.
- Recommended for planting in the climatic conditions of Siberia and central Russia.
- It is better to form a shrub in 2 stems, to increase the ovaries they carry out a pinch.
- Medium resistant to diseases of culture and weather changes.
- Resistant to drought.
- On one brush 3-10 ovaries are formed.
- Productivity is high - up to 6 kg from 1 bush.
- Large tomatoes, weighing up to 1.5 kg. The first tomatoes are the largest, the next ones weigh 600-800 g.
Important! Particular attention should be paid to the bushes on which giants weighing 1 kg or more ripen, it is necessary to strengthen the support and tie up in several places so that the trunk does not break.
- Heart-shaped, slightly ribbed.
- Pink colour.
- The flesh is fleshy, on the break sugarless sugary, without the inherent tomato sourness.
- Inside 4 or more seed chambers.
- High dry matter content.
- The skin is thin.
- Stability is weak.
- Non-resistant to transport.
- Sometimes on immature tomatoes a greenish stain appears near the stem. After the fruit ripens it will disappear.
Emaciated Stepanenko: I weighed 108, and now 65. At night she drank warm. Read more here.
A photoTomato Pink Honey presented below
Advantages and disadvantages
- Resistant to frost and drought.
- Excellent taste.
- Resistant to phytophthora and cladosporia (in bad weather).
- Universal grade.
- Suitable for growing on saline soils and in regions with harsh climates.
- Easy to care.
- Does not transfer freight over a long distance.
- Unsuitable for storage. Tomatoes must be consumed or processed within 10 days after harvest.
- Fruits crack.
- Requires pasynkovaniya to increase the number of ovaries.
- It is impossible to preserve the whole fruit.
Features of growing
I was able to get rid of ARTHROSIS AND OSTEOCHONDROSIS PER MONTH! Operations are not needed. Read more here.
Tomatoes Pink honey in central Russia, Siberia and the Urals is recommended to be grown in greenhouses and greenhouses with film cover. In the southern regions can be cultivated in the open field. In any case, it is better to plant seedlings, not seeds.
For tomatoes, you need to choose a place according to the rotation,where did cabbage, radishes or onions grow? This will reduce the risk of contracting solanaceous diseases.
In central Russia, seeds are sown in the third decade of February or in the first decade of March.
When the seedlings appear 2-3 true leaves, they do a picking.
In a permanent place transplanted 1.5 months after sowing. 2 weeks before that, hardening is carried out, bringing plants out to the street for the whole day. At night, they are entered into the room.
Disembarkation at a permanent place is carried out when the risk of freezing by the night is passed away and the ground warms up to 15-17 degrees according to the 50 x 40 cm scheme, 3-4 bushes per 1 square meter. The main thing is that the interval between plantings should be at least 50 cm. Ripe fruits can be collected in August.
Tomatoes Pink honey is consumed fresh, in salads. Also from them prepare juices, pastes, ketchup, adjika and even jam. Adds extraordinary taste to liquid dishes in the form of a dressing. For whole-fruit canning is not suitable because of the large size of the fruit. Vegetable is useful for people with obesity and those who have kidney disease and cardiovascular system.
Watch the video! Pink Honey Tomato
It is more rational to combine the first stepson with the garter of the bushes on the supports and do this before the first fruit cluster blooms, approximately 2 weeks after the seedlings are planted in the ground. Remove stepchildren no longer than 4-5 centimeters, pinching with their hands and leaving a stump no shorter than 1 centimeter. If there are bushes with signs of disease, then first perform stading on healthy bushes, and the next day - on suspicious ones, so as not to infect others.
If we talk about the predecessors of this type, then for tomatoes of any varieties and hybrids, it is undesirable to precede all types of solanaceous: potatoes, eggplants, pepper, tobacco, since they share common diseases, such as late blight and cladosporia, not to mention soil depletion in the mineral series . The best precursors for tomatoes are considered to be legumes, cruciferous (cabbage, radishes, radishes, turnips), roots and garlic, with which tomatoes have no common diseases. With proper crop rotation, most pathogens die.
Use in cooking is very wide - the fruits of this variety are used the same way as all his other tomato relatives: in fresh salad, in borscht dressing, in various stews, sauces in vegetable caviar, for canning for future use in the form of tomato paste, tomato juice, it is not suitable only for canning in whole or in cut form due to the size of the tomatoes and too thin and delicate skin. Some originals even make jam from it, but they don’t argue about tastes, as they say.