Raspberry leaves contain a lot of tannins, they have a slight hemostatic effect, therefore infusion of them treats inflammation of the oral mucosa and diarrhea. Tea and infusions of raspberry leaves have a strengthening effect on the gums, clean the blood, they are used for gastrointestinal diseases and rashes on the skin. Vitamin C, which is contained in raspberry leaves, is necessary for the treatment of colds.
Raspberry leaf tea is especially useful during pregnancy - it strengthens the walls of the uterus, preventing miscarriages, and has a beneficial effect on all the functions of the reproductive system. They contain a lot of magnesium, potassium, iron and B vitamins, these substances have a complex effect, eliminating nausea in toxicosis, pain in the legs and giving a restful and sound sleep.
Currants, its buds and leaves are also rich in vitamin C, they contain essential oils and volatile production, giving them a unique characteristic aroma. They also have a rare vitamin P, potassium salts. Currant leaves in the form of infusions and teas are used as a general tonic, they also have a diuretic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. In addition, they contain substances that protect against pneumonia.
How to properly collect and dry the leaves of currants and raspberries
The maximum amount of vitamins and other nutrients in currant raspberry leaves is contained during the flowering of the plant, and it is best to collect and dry them at this time. But, if you did not have time, you can tear off the mature leaves that have a rich green color during June, choosing leaf plates that are not affected by fungus or rust, from which black currants often suffer. It is necessary to collect the leaves in dry weather, after the morning dew evaporates from them. To enhance the healing properties of tea from the leaves of black currant and raspberry, drink it with lemon and honey or milk and honey.
In order to preserve their natural aroma and hay flavor in your phyto tea with raspberry and currant leaves, the raw materials must be dried properly so that the leaves are fermented like real black tea. Cover the leaves by spreading them out for a day in a dry, shaded place, no more than 5 cm thick in layer. Turn the leaves periodically so that they are not only fading at the edges. Store fermented dry tea from raspberry and currant leaves in a special container with a ground lid.
The next day, collect the leaves in a pile of 8-10 pieces and twist sausages from them, rolling between your palms. During this procedure, the juice should stand out, while the leaves darken. Put these twisted sausage leaves in layers in a deep enameled bowl, cover it with a wet clean cloth and leave in a warm place for 6-12 hours. The warmer, the fermentation will be faster. The readiness of the leaves and the end of the fermentation process are checked by the aroma secreted by the leaves - the smell of grass disappears, and a pronounced aroma of flowers and fruits appears. After that, the leaves need to be cut and spread out on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Put them in the oven and dry at 100 ° C for one hour.
Raspberry Leaf Heal Tea - Cooking Secrets
Raspberry has long been known for its pronounced healing qualities.
Many people pick only berries, not knowing that the leaves of this shrub bring no less benefit to healing the body.
This is one of the most effective and safe methods of treating viral and catarrhal diseases, as it can be used to treat young children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
In addition, they contribute to the strengthening of immunity in people weakened by the disease.
In addition to treating the common cold, this remedy is also used to treat the more serious diseases, in particular, gynecological problems.
What are the benefits of raspberry leaves for health?
Due to this composition, it is simply an indispensable tool in the treatment of very many diseases:
- Due to the presence of astringent and tanning components, this plant is characterized by hemostatic abilities.
- In addition, it is widely known for its diaphoretic and antipyretic quality, which is why it is often used in the treatment of colds.
- They have a pronounced expectorant and anti-inflammatory quality, are used for prevention during the epidemic of many colds.
- This raw material has pronounced antitoxic qualities, removing accumulated slags and toxins from the body.
- Another advantage is considered a powerful strengthening effect. This tool is widely used in the composition of various beverages to strengthen the immune system.
- They are very useful for conception and help strengthen the woman's body before giving birth.
How to harvest, ferment and store raspberry leaves?
To get a healthy vitamin drink, you need to know when to pick raspberry leaves for tea:
- It is the wild plants that grow near the reservoirs and on the forest edges, among many other bushes, that have the best healing qualities.
- Preparation of raw materials is carried out during the period of active flowering, since at this very time the plant is accumulating the greatest amount of vitamins and trace elements.
- Bushes should be located away from the roads and businesses.
- Dry and warm weather is suitable for collecting.
- You need to collect only green leaves without characteristic signs of wilting, disease and various injuries, located at the very top of the shoots.
It is very important to know how to dry raspberry leaves for tea in order to preserve maximum nutrients.
How to dry raspberry leaves:
- Drying is carried out in the open air under a canopy, spreading the raw material in a thin layer on a burlap.
- After complete drying, you need to ferment.
- To do this, take a few leaves and roll them between your fingers so that they become somewhat darker.
- You can store the harvested raw materials for 2 years.
Tea from raspberry leaves - how to brew?
Raspberry leaf tea is a delicious and healthy drink that helps to cope with many diseases and helps strengthen the immune system.
To prepare such a drink is very simple, and it has practically no contraindications.
However, in order to get the maximum possible benefit, tea making technology must be respected.
Raspberry Tea Recipes:
- Raspberry Leaf Tea for Immunity
With pathologies of the respiratory system and to improve immunity, for making tea, you can take not only raspberry leaf, but also prepare special fortified cocktails with the addition of dried rosehip berries.
For one cup of boiling water you need to take 1 tbsp. l each product (dry) and insist for 15 minutes. The resulting drink can be consumed as a tea or gargle them, beforehand.
- Tea from raspberry and currant leaves
To strengthen the immune system you need to regularly consume tea from raspberry leaves and currants.
To do this, take the mixture in equal proportions, pour boiling water and insist 5 minutes.
In the finished drink, you can add berries and insist another 3 minutes.
Then strain the resulting drink and take 3 times a day to improve the immune system.
- For the treatment of gynecological diseases
Raspberry leaf tea can be used externally.
It is necessary in equal proportions to take the crushed leaves, roots and stems of the shrub, cover with water and boil for 10 minutes.
Strain the finished product and conduct syringing or special baths for the treatment of candidiasis and inflammatory processes.
It is believed that drinking tea from raspberry leaves in sufficient quantities at a later period during pregnancy prepares the woman for easier childbirth.
Despite the fact that the benefits of tea made from raspberry leaves are obvious, this tool still has certain contraindications.
In addition, you need to refuse to take this remedy if you are worried about chronic constipation, have stomach problems, as well as asthma and allergies.
Tea with the addition of crimson leaves will help get rid of many diseases, strengthen the immune system and improve overall health.
Raspberry Leaf Tea
Many people know the sweet and tasty berries - raspberries. Everyone knows its main use - treatment of cold. But not everyone knows that tea made from fresh or dried raspberry leaves has a lot to the human body. But in order for this part of the plant to bring maximum benefit, you need to know when and how to collect raspberry leaves for making delicious tea. From fresh greens squeeze the juice and use it as a lotion. In addition, it is very important to know how to brew fresh or dry leaves of raspberry, so that the beneficial substances are completely in our body. But first things first. For a start, let's figure out what the benefits and harm of raspberry leaves.
Each leaf of raspberry bush is a rich composition of biochemical components:
• tannic and astringent substances,
Tea from fresh or dried raspberry leaves is used for the same purpose as its berries: to alleviate the condition, as well as to cure cold and flu. Infusion of this raw material has the ability to relieve inflammation, free the airways from accumulated sputum. This tea can be used both for ingestion and for rinsing the throat or mouth of the patient.
The leaves of this shrub contain flavonoids, which give them the ability to stop bleeding. That is why this plant is recommended for the treatment of diseases that cause internal bleeding. Crimson leaves are used in the treatment of hemorrhoids, bleeding in the digestive tract, enterocolitis.
This raw material shows its astringent properties in the treatment of diarrhea and indigestion. In addition, this tea is able to clean the body, removing toxins from it, slags.
Another plus raspberry leaves and tea from it - This is the stimulation of work and the restoration of the strength of our immunity. If the pharmacy looks at the composition of vitamin tea, then it will necessarily be leaves of this shrub.
For women, this tea has its own positive properties. It is used to treat inflammation of the appendages. For the beauty and youth of the skin, this ingredient is used as a wash. It helps to treat psoriasis, acne and other skin rashes.
But even, it would seem, such a useful product has its own contraindications, which should be considered when starting treatment with this drink. Starting to take raspberry leaves, its beneficial properties and contraindications must be taken into account without fail. Doctors call such cases in which it is better to refrain from drinking:
• women in the position in the early stages,
• history of asthma,
• allergic reaction to a berry or a flowering shrub.
Once again we recall that the leaves of raspberry useful properties and its contraindications should be carefully studied before use, and it is better if this is done by a doctor. That he will be able to identify all the disadvantages and advantages of using this plant in a particular clinical case.
Tea from dry or fresh raspberry leaves for the treatment of various diseases
The complex of useful and necessary substances contained in raspberry leaves helps to solve a lot of health problems. Consider cooking recipes and how to brew leaves of raspberry for the treatment of various ailments.
1. Diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract. For the treatment of such ailments, you can only take a raspberry leaf and make a fat from it, or make a kind of vitamin cocktail, supplementing it with raspberry berries, a currant leaf. On one glass of boiling water is taken approximately 2 tbsp. spoons of each product. Infused tea can be drunk with the addition of honey or gargling (sore throat, pharyngitis, tracheitis) or oral cavity (stomatitis).
2. Ailments of the digestive tract. Preparing this fat is very simple by pouring 1 spoon of raspberry raw material in boiling water in fresh or dry form. This drink will help to solve not only the pathological conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, but also to relieve discomfort in the stomach, improve metabolism, increase appetite. It is taken with caution during gastritis.
How to make raspberry leaves to raise immunity
Enhancing immunity is a matter of concern to everyone. Raspberry tea (leaves) can very easily cope with this task, because it contains the most precious vitamin C, which helps our body to withstand a cold.
For this purpose, tea from raspberry leaves is prepared according to several recipes.
1. 3 servings of green tea, 2 servings of raspberries, 1 serving of blackberries, 5 g each of raspberry and currant leaves. To begin with, dry ingredients (leaves of bushes and tea) are brewed in 1 cup of boiling water. Infused no more than 5 minutes. Next, add another 250 ml of boiling water and berries and leave for about 3 minutes. Infusion is drained and decanted. To strengthen the immune forces drink 3 times a day, 200 ml.
2. For the next drink, apply in equal quantities ingredients such as the leaves of three shrubs (raspberries, blackberries, black currants). The finished mixture is poured boiling water and put on the fire for 10 minutes. Then insist no more than 2 hours and decant. This tea improves blood circulation and metabolic processes in the body, restoring the work of its systems.
3. Another recipe for strengthening immune forces. It is especially useful in the period of increasing colds. Every day, prepare a drink from equal parts of raspberry (leaves), rose hips and ashberries. It is taken twice a day in small portions on an empty stomach.
The benefits and harm of raspberry leaves to treat women's problems
Female diseases are treated by collecting roots, stalks and leaves of a bush. Each raw material is taken in the same proportions and filled with water. Cook on fire for 10 minutes. Filter and take as a douching or bath for the treatment of candidiasis of the genital organs in the complex therapy of inflammatory processes.
In the popular recipes of our great-grandmothers there are also delusions about the treatment with leaves of this shrub in combination with clover and problems with infertility. The infusion of these ingredients is taken for several months, 250 ml daily.
Three parts of a raspberry leaf and one part of currant greens are brewed in 500 ml of boiling water. This collection helps with reduced ovarian function. The resulting fat is divided into three parts and take with these pathologies.
For the treatment of inflammation of appendages using not only the greens, but the color of raspberry.
Such are the leaves of raspberry and its beneficial properties, but also contraindications should not be forgotten, consuming them to women. So, they are not recommended during pregnancy, as they have the ability to tone up. This can cause uterine tone and problems with pregnancy. Especially not recommended crimson infusion during pregnancy to 35 weeks.
How to collect raspberry leaves for tea and how to brew raspberry leaves
For brewing, both dried shrub leaves and fresh plant parts can be used. It is necessary to accept strictly according to the recipe for treatment of a certain disease. If the recipe states that other ingredients should be added to the raspberry leaves, they must be present in the preparation of the infusion. This will help achieve the desired result.
Remind youthat many diseases are treated by long use of infusion and tea. Often, to achieve a positive result, it is necessary to drink daily for a month or even several.
The benefits and harms of raspberry leaves largely depend not only on how to brew, but also on how the product was collected. It's no secret that the maximum amount of useful substances any plant receives at a certain point in its growth. For raspberries, this is the end of May and the beginning of June. It is during this period that all useful substances can be podcherpnut fully.
How to collect raspberry leaves for making tea? Find shrubs that grow to the maximum distance from highways or industrial areas. Such raw materials will be as useful as possible and there will be no accumulation of heavy compounds for the body.
For drying, choose whole leaves. They should not be damaged by disease, bitten by caterpillars, yellowed. You should not break off and too young or, conversely, the old greens. Be guided in the selection of a medium-sized sheet.
Spread the collected sheet on a flat surface and dry at room temperature in conditions of moderate humidity and good ventilation. Do not allow direct sunlight.
To understand that the product is dried, you need to take one of the leaves and grind it in your hand. If it crumbles and is fragile, then the workpiece is ready. To keep the collected leaves for a long time, pack them in fabric bags.
Only by following the rules how to make raspberry leaves, how to combine them, how to collect raspberry leaves to make tea, can you improve your health. Но не забывайте, что есть польза, но и есть еще и вред листьев малины, поэтому перед применением полностью исключите все противопоказания и смело начинайте терапию. Если возникают сомнения, то лучше проконсультируйтесь с врачом о целесообразности такого лечения в вашем случае.
Какие листья малины собирать для чая?
The most useful are wild raspberries, which grow far from the road and the exhaust of harmful gases, but suitable for the collection of leaves and garden raspberries. Mostly harvested upper trifoliate leaves and young shoots of the first year. Immediately throw away the leaves with specks, traces of insects or diseases. Leave only healthy fresh monochromatic green leaves.
Raspberry leaves: when to collect and how to dry
On the choice of a calendar day, there are several opinions. Some believe that the most vitamins in May leaves before flowering. Others combine two things in June: pinching up the branches and collecting leaves. Still others collect raspberry leaves from spring to autumn at any free time. Add that to collect the perfect sunny day after rain, when the leaves are clean from dust, and there are no midges and bugs yet.
We offer you to get acquainted with the three ways of drying raspberry leaves:
Method number 1. Cut off the young raspberry branches, tie them in a bundle, rinse in water and hang. Then the dried leaves with branches break and fold. You can move the brooms in a dry indoor area.
Method number 2. We look through each leaf so that it is healthy and beautiful, and put it in a pile.
We lay on a flat place, and from above we press the board with the load. Ten minutes later laid out for drying, then periodically turn over.
Method number 3. Clean leaves are laid out, as in the previous method, but not to absolute drying. Slightly dried leaves are twisted into several tubes, folded into a container and covered with a damp, clean napkin, after six hours a delicate aroma will appear.
Shred tubules and leave to dry. Or put in the oven (100 degrees) with the door open, stir with a wooden spatula.
How to store raspberry leaves for tea
- Sew a bag of natural fabric, turn the seams out. Wash it in salted water and dry it. Pour collection into it, tie it with a ribbon and move it onto prepared hooks.
- It is much more convenient to store the collection in three-liter glass jars.
Wash the container with liquid soap and hold the water bath over the hot steam. Then wipe dry with a napkin. On the dried inner surface of the jar should be white salt stains. Place the dry raspberry leaflets there and close with a tight lid.
How to brew tea from raspberry leaves
To get a nice tea pour a glass of hot water (200 g) two tablespoons of dried leaves. If you have prepared whole leaves, then there are five pieces per glass. Heat on the water bath for 30 minutes, then let it infuse for an hour. Add sugar to taste.
How useful tea from raspberry leaves?
To clean the vessels, pour two tablespoons of dried leaves with two cups (400 g) of boiling water and leave for 8 hours. Then eat portions five times a day.
Medicinal properties of the plant are recognized as official medicine. It is believed that the decoctions have a positive effect on the female body, facilitate the state of colds, cough, painful menstruation, and loss of strength. Recently, it is recommended for weight loss.
Grandmothers always brew their grandchildren medicinal tea with raspberry leaves and berries for colds and fever. A decoction of this plant soothes the nerves, try to drink it before bedtime. In the fragrant broth more benefits than contraindications.
How useful raspberry leaves
Tea with raspberry leaves has such beneficial features: It not only helps to cope with cold symptoms, but also has an anti-inflammatory effect, like aspirin, has an expectorant effect and increases the immunity resistance to viral diseases.
Used to treat all diseases of the respiratory tract, as well as to stop bleeding. In this case, both tea and infusion are used, which can be rinsed out of the mouth. It is worth saying that raspberry tea is recommended to be used by people whose work is connected with harmful production, since such a tool removes poisons and toxins from the body.
The astringent properties of raspberries help tablets to deal with liquid stools as well as tablets, and if you have a sufficiently large amount of raw materials, then you can take a bath with raspberry leaves, which will help get rid of many female diseases.
In cosmetology, shredded green plates are used to create effective masks. Raspberry helps to get rid of teenage acne, and also removes inflammation. More on their basis is preparing a decoction, which is used for rinsing hair. This tool helps against hair loss and accelerates their growth.
Raspberry greens are not only used for making tea, so this raw material is very valuable. Next we will talk about when to collect raspberry leaves for tea and other needs.
When, how and where to collect
To get quality material, you need to collect greens in the first 2-3 weeks of June. At this time, the leaves have the greatest value, as the plant directs all its forces to the development of the green part, and not to the formation of fruits. Should choose bright intact plates. It is better to give preference to leaves that are near the top of the bush, because they receive the most light. Also note the presence of insects or fungus. We do not need such greens, as its use can lead to poisoning.
It is worth telling about when you need to collect raspberry leaves for drying for the winter. The collection period for further storage is not limited to the first weeks of summer, but it is better to collect raw materials before flowering. If you collect in the process of flowering, then you at least harm the plant, and as a maximum, you will receive products of not the best quality and leave yourself without the lion's share of the crop.
You need to collect in the morning, when there is no dew on the bushes, and the sun is still not very hot. It should be understood that if the plant already suffers from weather conditions or lack of nutrients, the absence of several leaves can “finish off” it.
How to dry raspberry leaves
After collection, they must be rinsed under running water and spread on a woven fabric under a canopy in a single layer. The canopy should be well ventilated and completely protect the leaves from sunlight. Also do not forget that raw materials are needed turn over regularlyso that it does not bloom.
Fermentation of raspberry leaves
Before describing the fermentation of raspberry leaves, it is worth figuring out what this process is and why it is needed.
So, fermentation in this case, it is the process of decomposition of organic matter under the action of enzymes. Fermentation is carried out to obtain a high-quality product from tea leaves. Simply put, fermentation is the oxidation of production under the action of oxygen, in which enzymes participate.
More or less figured out, now let's talk about the sequence of actions that will help us make real tea.
- The first option (time consuming). Take the pure green raspberries and grind in the palms so that it darkens and curls into a "sausage". This action should be carried out with all the leaves from which you want to get tea.
- The second option ("mechanized"). We take the same washed green leaves and skip through a meat grinder. In this case, it is better to use an old mechanical machine, since the electric one will twist everything into a homogeneous mass and no tea will work out anymore. It is important to use the largest grid so that the leaves are not very crushed.
If you are using the first option, then after grinding it is necessary to pour everything into a large container and put it under a press. If the second option was used, then simply pour it into the bowl and press it with your hand.
Next, you need to cover the bowl with a damp cotton cloth and send it all to a warm place for further fermentation.
In order for everything to go as it should, you should regularly check the humidity of the fabric, and if it is dry, re-wet it. It is worth remembering that the optimum temperature for fermentation is 22–26 ° C, not more, but not less. In the case of a decrease or increase in temperature, the fermentation will stop or will go wrong.
The finished mass should have a greenish-brown color and give a fruity smell. After fermentation, the raw materials are laid out in a thin layer on a baking sheet and dried in the oven for about 2 hours. The optimum temperature is 100 ° C.
Now tell you about what kind of fermentation is:
- Lightweight If the tea is fermented from 3 to 6 hours, its taste will be soft and light, but the aroma will be too strong.
- Average. After 10–16 hours, the taste qualities change: the taste becomes tart and sourness appears. The aroma becomes less “acidic”.
- Deep After 20–36 hours, only a faint aroma remains, and the taste becomes more tart.
Recipes tasty and healthy tea
It's time to talk about the variety of options for tea from raspberry leaves, as well as how to prepare them. Let's start with the fact that to get a tasty and healthy drink it is enough to take 1 tsp brewing on a standard cup of 150-200 ml.
Traditionally, raspberry can be brewed in a pair with fruits or raspberry jam. So you will not only improve the taste of the drink, but also make it more useful, and most importantly, you will refuse to use sugar, which will only reduce the usefulness of tea.
If you have a currant growing in your garden, then you can add a bit of its greenery to get fortified tea. Also suitable leaves of lingonberry, if it grows in your area.
In addition, raspberry tea goes well with mint and melissa. And if you need to be beaten from a cold, then feel free to add lemon.
Despite all the positive qualities and benefits, raspberry leaves have not only medicinal properties, but also contraindications, namely:
- intolerance to both fruits and raspberry leaves,
- severe constipation (the problem will only worsen due to the binding properties of raspberries)
- increased acidity of the stomach (raspberry contains a large amount of acid),
- kidney disease
- stomach ulcer,
In conclusion, it should be said that raspberry leaf tea brings undoubted benefits to our body, but harm is not excluded. It should be understood that any tea has a diuretic function in one degree or another, so you should not get carried away with tea drinking, if you have problems with the excretory system. Do not ignore contraindications, otherwise the treatment will end with the appearance of new “sores”.
The time of collection of raw materials for tea preparations
Before starting the collection of certain plants it is better to ask when to collect the time. Each type of leaves, flowers and berries has its own ripening period, during which the nutrients reach the highest concentration. Lingonberry color, blueberries, cranberries are collected for drying until late autumn. All summer you can harvest the leaves and berries of black currant, strawberries, raspberries, but the best month is September. All plants are divided into three groups:
- Deciduous trees for raw materials - walnut, maple, linden. They have a specific taste, but are rich in vitamins and microelements. They are recommended to use after a long illness and overwork.
- Walnut and berry bushes: hazel, dogwood, blackberry, sloe, raspberry, gooseberry, dog rose, currant (red and black). The composition is useful for vitamin deficiency, cleans well and has an astringent effect. This group also includes strawberries, mint, chamomile, melissa, dandelion and strawberries. This collection is effective when there is dysfunction of the nervous system, it is very soothing, and also effective against insomnia.
- Fruit and fruit trees: black chokeberry, apple, sea buckthorn, quince, red cherry, plum, cherry, pear.
The peak of the accumulation of nutrients in plants always falls on the period of their flowering, so this is the best time to collect. Also, maturation is influenced by the climatic zone where plants grow. So, the basic rules of collection:
- Harvesting should be done before lunch in the morning, in clear, sunny weather, when the dew drops evaporate completely.
- April-May is suitable for collecting raw materials from all types of trees (fruit, fruit and berry and deciduous). Younger leaves contain a greater concentration of tannins, which give the drink a rich taste and aroma.
- In early June and before the first days of July, the foliage, inflorescences and fruits from the bushes are torn off.
- You should always leave the leaves on the branches so that the plant can renew its strength and preserve its ability to bear fruit.
- In July, collect herbs as they bloom.
- All plants should be divided into separate containers, since each has its own specific treatment.
- It is forbidden to tear plants during rainy weather. The leaves accumulate a lot of moisture and after drying become very fragile, they also deteriorate during fermentation.
Many people doubt whether it is necessary to wash the biomaterial before drying. It is advisable to wash the collected plants under cold running water. So pollution and insects will be removed. From the roots and tubers of medicinal plants should always wash off the remnants of the earth.
Drying and storage technology
There is a fairly simple technique that shows how to quickly collect the collected leaves and berries of plants. Raw materials can not be left without treatment for more than three hours, otherwise the nutrients in it will decompose very quickly. You need to start with sorting and cleaning. Inseminated and brown leaves and flowers discarded. Next, you must perform the following steps:
- first cuttings are cut from the leaves,
- then, on a flat surface or sheet of paper, all the leaves should be spread with a loose layer of no more than 5 cm (this should be done quickly to avoid destruction of the structure by the action of enzymes or mold on moist and compressed plants),
- the roots and rhizomes need to be washed under cold running water, large - cut,
- those parts of plants that are underground (roots, tubers), as well as the fruits and seeds are well dried in the sun,
- when the raw material is dried, it must be periodically mixed,
- fruits and seeds are best dried in the oven, pre-wrinkled,
- It is important not to allow exposure of direct sunlight to raw materials in order to avoid evaporation of essential oils, loss of all taste properties and beautiful color,
- flowers and leaves should be dried in a dark cool room,
- for drying the leaves in the oven, they are laid out on parchment, dried at a temperature of 100 ° C with the door ajar, then they reduce the temperature by 2 times and finally dry for 30-40 minutes until ready.
Plants that are dried properly retain their flavor and color. The drying process can be considered complete when the roots lose their flexibility, become brittle, and the inflorescences and leaves become fragile and easily collapse when compressed. It should be remembered that during thermal drying some of the nutrients are lost.
Storage conditions must be strictly observed:
- the storage area must be dry, dark and clean, free from insects,
- it is better to choose containers for storage of glass, paper bags or cardboard boxes, double plastic bags,
- It is desirable to put down the date when the tea harvesting was made.
Duration of storage of flowers, various herbs and fruits is 1-2 years. Rhizomes, roots and bark are stored for 3-5 years. Some plants can be stored much longer.
How to dry currant leaves?
To dry the leaves of a plant such as currants, you need to know when to pick them properly. From May to June the flowering of the bush takes place - this is the best time to collect raw materials for tea. Those who adhere to the harvest of the lunar calendar, should wait for the period of the rising moon and new moon. It is believed that at this moment the greatest concentration of vitamins and trace elements accumulates in the leaves.How to dry currant leaves?
Currant leaves should be cut off in the central part of the branch. At the base they are already old, and the young leaves at the end of the branch can not be touched, otherwise you can damage the bush entirely. The time of day when it is better to harvest is morning (10-11 hours). It is necessary to wait until the dew dries, but in the strong heat it is not worth collecting leaves. The weather should not be rainy. And it is better to focus on the appearance of flowers, and not on the calendar, because different varieties of currants bloom in different periods.
The rules showing how to dry the plant for the winter are as follows:
- A thin layer of leaves to spread out on a flat surface on a clean cloth or paper without any drawings, inscriptions and paint. It is strictly forbidden to lay out newspapers - graphite is very harmful and is easily absorbed into wet leaves.
- It is important to choose defective leaves with insect damage or leaves with mold.
- Regularly you need to mix the raw materials for better ventilation and drying from all sides.
Do I need to wash currant leaves before drying? It is advisable to wash them with running cold water. This will help get rid of dirt and insects. Keep the leaves should be in a bowl of glass or ceramic, tightly covered with a lid, in the dark.
The preparation of herbs from the fermentation method
Травяные чайные заварки в домашних условиях можно приготовить простым, ускоренным способом — ферментацией. Его можно применять к любым фруктовым кустам и деревьям, а также лекарственным травам. Подобный способ позволяет смешивать несколько видов растений одновременно и делать чайный сбор. A wonderful combination of leaves give currants, strawberries, raspberries and lemon balm. To get a good product, follow the instructions below:
- Leaves spread one air layer to the surface and leave to dry in the shade for a day,
- several dried leaves (5-7 pieces) are folded together and rolled up with a pipe,
- the pipes are laid out on the table and rolled up before the juice appears,
- then, after extracting the juice, the leaf rolls are placed in an enamel container and covered with a cloth that is richly moistened, placed in a dark room for 6-10 hours for fermentation,
- then the raw materials are crushed into pieces and spread on a baking sheet,
- drying is performed in the oven with a slightly open door at 100 ° C for 40-50 minutes, stirring occasionally,
- finished tea leaves are laid out in a dry container and tightly closed with a lid.
Preparation of herbal tea using fermentation
This method can be used to make birch leaves and thorns. At home, they also dry bay leaf and boom leek.