Do you have a summer cottage in the Moscow region and are you planning to plant a garden with fruit trees there, preferring apple trees? Are you especially interested in winter varieties? Then this article will be useful for you and help you make the right choice.
If you set out to plant exactly late varieties of apple trees in your garden, then the question inevitably arises before you: which varieties to prefer?
Let's get to know them better.
Well, the name immediately becomes clear that it will not be about small apples. Fetus reaches a rather large size (up to 200g), and under favorable conditions and appropriate care, it can increase mass up to 400g! Apples look light green with a slight blush.
As maturation a little yellow. The shape is rounded, but not quite correct, wide at the base and slightly flattened. Orzhavnost is characteristic of this variety. The flesh has a sweet-sour taste, but the acid in it is less pronounced than that of the Antonovka variety, which is one of the “parents” of the Bogatyr variety.
Self tree has impressive dimensions and reaches 4.5 m in height, and the spreading of the branches can be 6 m. The crown is not particularly thick and there are no young branches in the center. The bark has a rich olive color, the leaves have a slight serration and pubescence from below.
The apple tree blooms in a pinkish color, but the flowers themselves are slightly smaller in size. The first fruits can be expected in the sixth year. It is recommended to remove them at the end of October.
Select advantages this variety.
The first - of course, excellent ability for long-term storage. Fruits may lie until May and even before the beginning of summer, without losing their presentation. Variety can be attributed to skoroplodny. The yield of apple trees is quite high and averages 60-80 kg. But this is not the limit. If you surround the tree with care and create favorable conditions, the figure can increase to 100 kg and even higher.
In addition, the apple tree pleases with fruits annually. We have already noted the pleasant taste qualities, it is worth recalling the high transportability, which is also inherent in this variety of apples. Winter hardiness of the tree is relatively high, the plant is not very susceptible to such disease as scab.
Disadvantages this variety of apples is not so much and, rather, they are aesthetic in nature. Some are not satisfied with the green color of apples, because for a rather long period they do not turn yellow, and besides, rust is inherent in them.
Conditions and the process of planting does not differ from other varieties of apple trees. The best option would be loamy soil, to which one should strive, adjusting its composition, adding peat, compost and river sand.
Without sufficient air saturation, the root system will suffer, which will certainly affect fruiting. In the first year you can not apply fertilizer.
Spring care It consists in early pruning and removal of old branches, as well as shortening the young ones. In early May, it is recommended to do the first spraying and a little later, after the buds swell, the second. This is done to prevent various diseases and pest control.
For feeding in the spring, it is better to use urea and nitrate, and as trace elements boric acid. It is recommended to sow siderat, which will regulate the level of nitrogen, next time, and by the autumn period it will have time to decompose and saturate the tree with nutrients.
Summer care consists in regular watering. In early autumn, it is necessary to whitewash the trunks of trees, and to feed them with superphosphate, compost, potassium, etc. in late autumn.
Sort Antonovka ordinary
More than once, even in our article, we mentioned the name of this variety, since it is Antonovka that is the original form for many new varieties and is very popular among breeders. Yes, and what to say. There is hardly a Russian person who does not know these apples. Therefore, it would be unfair not to recall them.
Winter apple varieties with photos and descriptions
Almost all varieties of winter apple trees (see photo with the name) have an excellent aroma, and it can persist for a long time. The rind of all winter-hardy fruits is much thicker than that of the early and middle-early ones. This also applies to the pulp - it is more solid. These features provide resistance to damage, prevent the processes of decay, and therefore ensures the quality of the fruit, even with prolonged storage.
It should be noted that the winter varieties of apple trees (reviews of experienced gardeners confirm this) are not always suitable for human consumption, if they are only to be picked from the tree. The fruits do not yet have such a rich taste, and many of them can be sour. The period of full ripening occurs approximately in 4-7 weeks, the fruit should lie down well.
Winter-hardy species of these fruit trees are classified into three categories:
- Early winter . The approximate storage period dates back to the end of February (Pepin Saffron, Welsey, Winner, Antonovka ordinary, Parmen winter gold).
- Medium winter . You can eat the fruit right up to the beginning of May (Aport, Lobo, Anis Gray, Antonovka dessert, Ranet, Sinap Orlovsky, Mirnoye, Kortland).
- Late winter . In terms of storage, they are the most stable, can lie down until the beginning of July (Northern Sinap, Mantuan, Rennet of Orleans, Sary Sinap).
The best winter varieties of apple trees for the Middle Band:
- Jonathan . This is an American selection known to gardeners and called Winter Red. The scarlet blush covers the fruits of medium-grown trees almost completely closer to the harvest. Jonathan variety apples are very tasty. After planting a young tree in the soil, a bountiful harvest can be waited in four years. Such winter varieties of apple seedlings do not exceed 3-3.5 m in height. On average, fruits have about one and a half hundred grams of weight. Approximate storage time - 160 days.
- Semerenko . One of the best varieties of winter-hardy apple trees of Ukrainian selection. Named in honor of its creator, breeder Semerenko L.P. The main feature is the preservation of taste and the original flavor, even after prolonged storage. The deadline is 6 months. At the end of this period, apples may lose their shape slightly and become slightly lethargic. As for the yield, the summer residents on average collect from 60 to 100 kg. fruit with apple. Winter varieties in Ukraine are very popular. The color of the fruit is saturated green. It persists during the entire ripening period. When stored, fruits may become soft yellowish. The shape of the apples themselves is round, slightly flattened along the poles.
- Antey . It belongs to the category of late-winter varieties of apple trees. Belarus is the birthplace of Anthea. The description says that trees can tolerate fairly low temperatures. Fruits differ juiciness and incomparable taste. During the growing season they change their color from bright green to burgundy. A remarkable feature is the presence of a wax coating on the skin of the fruit, which gives it a slightly gray tone. The full ripeness of Antey apples comes 8 weeks after harvesting the fruit. An adult tree does not exceed 2.5 m in height. Tear weighty fruits (about 0.2 kg. Each) from the tree is very convenient. With proper storage, the fruit can be eaten until the middle of summer.
- Winter Beauty . This is the result of the work of Russian breeders (authored by amateur breeder EM Kamenjrovsky). Fine fruits possess saturated taste and soft aroma. In large fruits that can reach from 180 to 400 grams. weight, combines the best qualities of the two types - this is Red Delishes and the favorite of many gardeners Antonovka ordinary. It was on their basis that the wonderful beauty of the Winter Beauty apple tree was created. The description of these winter-hardy apples characterizes it from the positive side. They are endowed with excellent properties and have a dessert taste, are stored for a long time, and are very resistant to winter cold. The fruits have a bright green color, which then acquire a delicate yellow shade. Apples are rounded with a slightly elongated bottom. Best of all this variety feels in the Northwest and Central regions.
- Mac . We can say that this is the most unique variety of winter apple trees. Red fruits in the form of a balloon ripen, practically, before all winter-hardy varieties. This is the result of Canadian breeders. McIntosh has unsurpassed tastes that can be fully enjoyed no earlier than a month after harvesting fruits. Trees are quite high - 3.5-4.5 m. The average weight of a fruit is about one and a half hundred grams.
- Antonovka . The most popular apple tree. Winter resistant varieties like this do not have such a bright highlight as Antonovka has - a sour taste, which only emphasizes its unsurpassed taste. Apples are very fragrant, tasty and bright. It is impossible to confuse them with any other kind. Its fruits have a yellowish-cream color. They are quite weighty (200-300 g.). Among the predominant properties should be noted excellent frost-resistant characteristics and long shelf life.
- Winter Lungwort . Refers to the autumn-winter varieties of apples with an average period of ripening. Young saplings can give a crop already in 4 years after rooting in the main soil. The collection of fruits is carried out in early October. Up to one centner of ripe fruit can be harvested from one adult tree. Apples are stored until early March. Apple tree variety Winter Lungwort tolerates very cold weather. An insignificant disadvantage can be considered a slight loss of taste at the end of the prescribed storage period. The taste of ripe and laid-back apples (about 5 weeks) can be described as fresh and sweet with medium juiciness.
- Bogatyr . One of the universal winter varieties of apples. For Siberia, for the Urals and for the whole Central Strip, there is no better option. It belongs to the category of late-winter and is one of the most sought-after among summer residents and gardeners. Bogatyr sapling can withstand very low temperatures, so it is suitable even for northern latitudes. The shade of strong, hard and fragrant fruit is light green. Ripe apples can be covered with a light red blush. Fruits very early. Harvesting can be done at the end of September. Fruits have an average weight of 0.2 kg. Mature trees are slightly taller than humans, which ensures unhindered and high-quality harvesting of ripe apples. The taste of the fruit, mainly sweet, you can feel a slight sourness.
The best varieties of winter apple trees are also:
- Red Delicious.
- Golden Delicious.
The best winter varieties of apple trees for the Moscow region
Experienced gardeners of the Moscow region allocate about 50% of the garden area for winter-hardy apple varieties. This is due to the special climatic conditions of this region. Criteria for selecting winter varieties of apples for the Moscow region are characterized by endowing with such qualities as disease resistance, fruiting period, frost resistance, yield. In this regard, among the best apple trees are:
- Pepin Saffron.
- Moscow winter.
- Moscow Grushevka.
Also, special emphasis is placed on the columnar shape, especially on those areas whose area is limited. As a rule, the kolonovidny form can be imparted to any grade. This is done by grafting cuttings of any compatible grade. The best winter varieties of columnar apple trees for the Moscow region with a photo:
- Moscow necklace.
- Amber necklace.
The newest varieties of winter apple
No matter how good the classic and popular varieties of winter-hardy apple trees, gardeners and gardeners are looking for new items. Selection work does not stop. The result of the work of agricultural enterprises and private gardeners is novelties that are rapidly gaining popularity and are being successfully grown. These are the newest varieties of winter apple are:
- Independence (Independence) . It has a high degree of frost resistance, while the fruits do not lose their presentation until the end of the prescribed shelf life. This variety is bred by Ukrainian breeders and belongs to the group of early winter species with high yields (in excess of 1 centner from a tree). The fruits themselves have, on average, up to 230 grams. weights. They have a pronounced sweet-and-sour dessert taste and soft aroma. The main color is creamy red with specks on the skin.
- Ragweed . This is a Canadian selection. Possess indescribable sweet taste and attractive round shape with a glossy surface. Excellent winter variety of apple trees for the northwest. Fruits reach in excess of 250 grams. weights. The main color is creamy.
- Revena . New winter hardy variety of German breeding. Red-brown or dark red fruits have a regular conical shape with an elongated pole. They can be attributed to the sweetest varieties of all new products. The average weight of the fruit is 160-220 g. Productivity - up to 120 kg. from one tree.
- Era . Unusual novelty Swiss breeders. Era's peculiarity is that their flesh is as red as the skin tone. The surface of the fruit is glossy. Very attractive appearance allows you to use them for sale. Belongs to mid-varieties. Era has a pleasant sweet taste and light honey aroma. The weight of each apple reaches 160 grams. From one tree collect up to 85 kg. ripe fruits.
In addition to these new products, there are also the following varieties of winter-hardy apple trees: Toshiro Fuji (China), Evelina (Russia), Beni Shogun (USA), Rubinette-Katerina (Ukraine).
If we talk about practical advice on choosing a fruit tree for growing in your garden, then in addition to studying theoretical material, you must independently evaluate the taste of apples and determine whether they match your preferences.
What to look for when choosing a variety of apple trees
The main qualities for successful cultivation of the variety are:
- drought tolerance,
- frost resistance
- resistance to diseases and pests.
As well as picking up varieties for ripening periods, it is advisable to plant such apple trees so that they yield the whole season, and the fruit has been kept for a long time fresh in the cold winter when there are so few vitamins. For this, there are apple trees:
- autumn and
- winter ripening.
Consider the best varieties of apple trees for the Moscow region and other areas of the Russian central belt.
Summer fruiting varieties
These varieties are distinguished by the fact that apples ripen from June to August, the month they are not stored for longtherefore, they make homemade foodstuffs or eat them directly after collection.
1. Paping. Starts to bear fruit for 5 or 6 summer. The crown is round. The apples are medium, weighing from 70 to 85 g. The fruit is conical, round, has a straw yellow color. Inside the delicate texture, medium juicy flesh. Ripening of apples occurs in early August. In dry weather they fall off, and in wet weather they hang on branches for quite a long time. Shelf life is small - quickly rot. Over-grown apples become tasteless and too loose. Plants do not always tolerate winter, freeze in very frosty weather. It has averages in terms of scab resistance.
2. Grushovka Moscow. It is considered one of the best varieties for the Moscow region, bred by national breeders. Winter hardiness is excellent. Type of crown - pyramidal. With proper care, gives a very high yield. On the 5th or 6th season, you can collect the first fruits. Small apples - 45-50 grams. They have a light green color of the skin with a yellowish sheen and a pinkish blush. Inside the fruit is a fine-grained pulp structure that contains a lot of juice. Apples sweetish with sourness. They are planted in the first weeks of August, they do it not at the same time, therefore they are harvested several times per season. Trees live a long time, and for this they are valued by gardeners. Pears drawbacks are that she often gets scab and apples can crumble.
3. Pearl. The apple tree is not very tall. Winter cold tolerates well. Apples it gives a yellow-golden color, with white flesh. Although it is summer apples, fruits can be stored for up to one month. This apple tree provides one of the largest fruits in size and weight among similar varieties. It grows in August.
4. Astrakhan white. Very old Russian variety. It differs in fine frost resistance and vigorosity. Harvest can be expected for 6-7 years from the time of planting. Gives fruits evenly and annually. Apples are medium in size, good juiciness, they have the presence of a wine aroma.
5. Mantet. Culture of the American selection. The tree is of medium vigor. The pyramidal shape of the crown. The variety is high yielding, but periodically there is a decline in fruiting. The apples are round, slightly flattened on top, yellowish-green, have a red blush, sour-sweet to taste. They have yellowish flesh, very juicy structure. Apples are not intended for long storage. Very large shedding. Fruits can be stored for two months, which distinguishes the Mantet among similar varietal forms.
6. Terentevka. The tree is resistant to winter cold. The crown has a pyramidal shape. Harvest happens on the 5th or 6th summer. Плодоношение ровное, редко бывает неурожай. Среднего типа урожайности. Яблоки небольшие 35-50 граммов. Желтовато-зеленая кожица плодов покрыта румянцем в красную полосочку. Яблоко сочное, кисло-сладкое, внутри зеленоватого цвета. Долго яблоки не хранятся.
7. Бель чернышевская. The variety is very winter hardy. The wide oval crown of an apple tree requires that trees be planted at a considerable distance from each other. The first harvest is worth waiting for already the 5-6th season. The fruits are round, slightly elongated. The variety has an average size of apples, the weight of which is 60–75 g. The fruits of light green color have a beautiful pinkish blush. Apples of high juiciness and snow-white flesh. They taste sweet with refreshing sourness. In the last weeks of July, you can do fruit harvesting.
6. Candy. Magnificent cultivar for growing on private plots. Bred in the All-Union Michurin Research Institute on the basis of varieties Papirovka and Korobovka. Trees high, fast growing. Fruiting begin in a period of 2 to 5 years, depending on the type of rootstock (at low growth earlier, at a later growth).
Fruits are medium in size, weighing 80-120 g, taste very sweet, with tender pulp. The color of apples is yellow with a bright striped blush. Can be stored up to two months.
The variety is characterized by unpretentiousness, high winter hardiness and good resistance to diseases.
Autumn varieties of apple trees
According to experienced gardeners apple autumn ripening, must take up to one third of all apple plantings. Yes, this is understandable, since wonderful fruits, some of which can be stored until the middle of the winter season, will not leave indifferent any gardener. Stocks can be made of them for future use, they are good and fresh, two weeks after the harvest, when their taste and aroma is fully revealed.
8. Cinnamon New. The high-yielding variety, however, “rests” in some seasons and fruiting decreases. Resistant to scab. The crown structure is round. Fruits on the 6th or 7th summer. Apples are 120-150 grams in weight. They are rounded and elongated, but they are also slightly flattened. The skin is thick, the apples themselves are yellow-green, have a blush of burgundy shades in the form of stripes. Harvest fruits in the first days of September. After three or four weeks they can be eaten, and in the cool they remain until the onset of the winter period.
9. Auksis. The crown of apple trees is small, oval. The size of apples is average, and the weight is 100-170 g. They have a sweet-sour taste. The yellow-green color range of the apple has a blush of red colors. The color of the pulp is yellowish. Stored well, until the last decade of February. The peculiarity of an apple tree is that for its pollination, trees of other varieties should grow nearby. The harvest is worth the wait already on the 4th or 5th summer. The variety is resistant to winter cold. Suffering from scab infrequently. Ripe apples are showered.
10. Zhigulevskoe. Long bred and well-proven variety. It has good winter hardiness. The apple tree is not high, its crown is wide, not thickened, pyramidal. In the fifth year brings fruit. Productivity is flat, annual. The apples are round, of good juiciness, they have a characteristic red color. Their weight is 130-200 grams. Stored well, until January.
11. Bessemyanka Michurinskaya. Tree vigorous. It has a strong, widely spreading crown. Enters fructification by age of 5–7 years. The fruit weighs 100-130 grams, straw yellow in color, on top of which a striped blush of red and orange flowers is applied. Apples can be stored for up to December days. Trees winter well and are highly resistant to scab. Fruit is not spiced at the same time, therefore they are harvested several times during the season.
12. Young naturalist. The trees are average, their crowns are round. Excellent winter hardiness. An apple is round, flattened, about 100–120 grams. The variety is not practically prone to scab. Yellow-green skin with a purple blush on top. Apple sweet and sour with pulp of increased juiciness. They are planted in the last September numbers. Apples are stored for about two months.
13. Autumn joy. The tree has a strong growth, good winters. The harvest gives a good and permanent. Apples are above average weight - 90–120 grams. Round or elongated round shape. They are yellowish-green, the blush on them is red. Inside - good juiciness and light texture, have a very pleasant smell. Apples are spiced in September.
Winter varieties of apple trees
Winter varieties of apples are best stored (often until the spring of next year) for which they are valued among amateur gardeners. Therefore, if you plant on the site of apple trees of winter varieties, then for the whole winter you can provide yourself with tasty, vitamin fruits.
In order for them to have a wonderful taste and smell, they are kept for several weeks in storage in the refrigerator or cellar.
14. Anise Scarlet. Exceptionally winter hardy. The first apples should be expected from the 5th to the 7th autumn. Excellent fruiting. Anise scarlet is unpretentious to the external conditions and soil composition. Few suffer from scab. The apple tree of vigorous type of its crown has the shape of a circle Apples weighing 50–65 grams, they are greenish-yellow, the red-burgundy blush is blurred all over the skin. They are planted in the last September numbers. In a cool place, they persist until December.
15. Anise gray. It is very winter hardy and tolerates arid weather. It bears fruit on the 5th or 6th autumn, high-yielding. To scab medium resistance. The apple tree is a vigorous, crown - pyramidal shape. Harvest ready for harvest in early October. Fruits up to 80–90 g in weight. The peel of apples greenish has a blush with an orange-red shade. The flesh is not very juicy, white-greenish, with a sweet-sour taste and a wonderful smell. Before spring, apples can be stored in a cellar or a cold store.
16. Aport Alexander. The variety is moderately resistant to winter frosts and scab. The plant of vigorous type crown is wide, very sprawling, round shape. Fruits in the sixth and seventh year. Demanding about tillage. The fruit is large, half a kilogram of weight, conical shape, narrowed to its apex. The skin is yellowish in color, it has a maroon-red striped blush, there may be specks. Apples have a strong aroma. Inside they have a lax structure of sweet-sour taste, they have high juiciness. Fruit picking is carried out in October. Stored in a cool place until the first March numbers.
17. Peaceful. Perfectly transfers the winter period. The first fruits are received on the fifth - seventh autumn. High yielding, but sometimes there are periods of rest. Almost does not get scab. The apple tree is vigorous, the crown is rounded, not very thick. Large-fruited variety - apples 150–170 grams. In bad weather conditions or due to insufficient work on the care of plants, the fruits are of different sizes and even shallow. Apples are round in shape, narrowed to the top. The apple is yellow-greenish and has a reddish blush. Inside the reddish flesh is sweet-sour taste. Collection season is October-month. Keep in a cool place until the first March weeks.
18. Rossoshansky striped. High winter-hardy variety. Fruiting occurs about 5 or 6 years from the time of planting. Gives fruits steadily, yields are high. The disadvantage is that it often gets scab. Apples reach up to 350 grams in weight. They are round in shape, tapering slightly towards the top. Apples are greenish-yellow, with a blush of red. The flesh is greenish in color. The fruit has a slightly sour, refreshing taste. Harvesting is done in mid-October. You can store these fruits until spring.
What popular winter varieties of apple trees are best planted in the middle lane
This popular winter variety of apple trees for the middle band was obtained by I. Michurin by crossing Antonovka ordinary cf pineapple. The variety is skoroplodny, high-yielding. Fruiting begins with 4-5 years with a rapid increase in yields over the years.
The tree is of moderate development, forms a rounded mid-spread beautiful crown. Winter hardiness is good. Bloom later.
Fruits of average or below average size (average weight 60-65 g), bulb-rounded, yellowish-green at removal, becoming yellow in maturation. The flesh is juicy, tender, tart acidic excellent taste.
Eating fruits - at the end of September, consumer maturity - in mid-November. 5-6 months are kept in the harbor, they carry long-distance shipments. The best dessert variety.
This is one of those varieties of apple trees, which are best planted in Moscow suburbs on fertilized, moderately wet or irrigated soils. With a lack of moisture gives small fruits.
The tree is vigorous, with a pyramidal crown. Winter hardiness is good. Enters fructification for 5 - 6th year. Yield high flowering - in average terms.
At the age of initial fruiting, yields moderate yields, and at the age of full yields, high yields.
Fruits are medium, flat-rounded, strongly ribbed, yellow-green, with dark red densely arranged continuous and intermittent stripes.
This is one of the best varieties of apple trees for the middle band with a dense, juicy, light green flesh of sweetish taste, with a light acid. I will eat fruits at the end of September. In the maturation 6-7 months are preserved. Transport is well tolerated. Often affected by scab.
The variety is found in several forms, differing in yield, size of fruits and their color. During reproduction, it is necessary to take cuttings from trees more productive, with large and better colored fruits.
The variety was bred by I. Michurin by crossing a bulbous borsdorf with a Chinese.
Trees of medium development. Winter hardiness is average. In fruiting come with 5 - 6 years with a rapid increase in yields over the years. Productivity is high: at the age of 12, it gives up to 130 kg per tree. Fruits are medium or below average size (average weight 60–70 g), round-beamed, smooth, greenish, in the maturation yellow-green with whitish barely noticeable subcutaneous spots, on the sunny side sometimes with a blush. The pulp is dense, juicy, sweet-sour, excellent with a weak spiciness of taste.
I will eat fruits at the end of September. Consumer maturity in November - December. In the bed are saved up to 10 months. This is one of those varieties of apple trees that are best planted in the Moscow region, the fruits tolerate transportation.
Higher yields and fruits of better marketable quality yields in irrigated gardens.
This collection contains photos of winter varieties of apples recommended for the Moscow region of central Russia:
The variety was bred by S.P. Kedrin in 1935 by crossing Antonovka saffron with London pepin. The tree is winter-hardy, of medium vigor, with a flat rounded crown. The variety is winter, its productivity is high - on the 3rd year of fruiting the tree gave 21 kg of fruits.
Fruits are rounded-conical, of medium size, weighing about 100 g (larger than anise), covered with a bright mottled-striped blush on the basic yellow color of the skin in the form of shiny carmine stripes and broad strokes with a strong bluish bloom.
The flesh is light yellow, juicy fine-grained, dense, tender, excellent sweet-sour taste. The removable ripeness of the fruits occurs in the first half of September. Longevity and consumer period are longer than those of anise and anthonovka ordinary (from October to March). Recommended for testing in all areas of the middle band.
The variety was bred by S. P. Kedrin in 1935 by crossing Antonovka with saffron and Pepin of London. Winter-hardy tree, medium thick, with a rounded crown. The variety is typically winter. Productivity is annual, high. In the 3rd year of fruiting, the tree gives 19 kg of fruit.
Fruits of medium size (larger than anise), conical in shape, with pronounced ribbing in the upper part of the fruit. The description of this variety of apple trees recommended for the Moscow region fully corresponds to the name: its fruits are yellow, with orange-red tan on the sunny side.
The flesh is light yellow, juicy, dense, fine-grained, excellent sweet-sour taste. Removable maturity - in the second half of September. Fruits ripen in October - November and remain stored for a long time without loss of high dessert qualities, having in this respect advantages over local varieties.
Then you can get acquainted with the photo, name and description of varieties of apple trees, whose fruits ripen in autumn.
The best autumn varieties of apple trees for the Moscow region and the middle band (with photos)
Anise scarlet (velvet, red, morocco)
Vintage variety, widely distributed in the middle lane.
Trees grow strongly, forming a broad-pyramidal, with dense branching crown. The main branches are firmly attached to the trunk and withstand great harvests. Differ in durability, high frost resistance (but somewhat less than Anis gray) and drought tolerance. Productivity is high. During the period of initial fruiting (5–10 years) it gives moderate yields, while during the period of highest yields (20–50 years) it is high. Individual trees yield up to 200–300 kg of fruits. In fruiting come from 5-6th year. Early flowering.
This autumn variety of apple trees for the middle band is of medium size (60-70 g), very beautiful, flat-rounded, slightly conic, with a diffuse red blush and bluish bloom, fragrant. The flesh is greenish-white, sometimes with a pink tinge, dense, juicy. Taste is sweet-sour, spicy.
Eating fruits - in late August - early September. 3-4 months are preserved in the bedding. Well tolerated long-distance transportation. They are consumed fresh, good for technical processing (jam, candy, etc.) and lobes.
Fruits in maturation are sometimes affected by bitter rot (pepper vodka), therefore during storage they should be checked more often. With a large drought resistance of the variety in irrigated gardens it gives higher yields of the best commercial qualities of the fruit.
Trees are vigorous, with an elongated oval-rounded medium-dense crown and straight main branches. In adult trees, under the weight of the crop, the crown becomes sprawling. Winter-hardy. Productivity is high. Fruiting begins from 6-7th year. Flowering is more average. At the age of initial fruiting, yields moderate yields, and in full fruiting, high, superior to many local varieties. Individual trees yield 250–350 kg of fruit.
This one of the best autumn apple varieties for the Moscow region has large fruits (average weight 120 g), flat-rounded, slightly conic at the top, wide-ridged.
The skin is yellow, dull, thick, on the sunny side is covered with a solid blush, through which the red stripes pass. Large subcutaneous points scattered throughout the fruit, giving it a "marbling".
The flesh is yellowish-white, medium dense, moderately juicy, good sweet-sour taste.
Eating fruits - in late August - early September. In the bed are saved 2-2.5 months. Well tolerated transportation. Consumed fresh and for technical processing. Good for lobes.
Apple "Borovinka" in the photo
Central Russian variety, ubiquitous in the middle lane.
Trees of average development with a spherical, medium-thick crown covered with dark green foliage. The main branches under the weight of the fruit sometimes break off. Therefore, by the time of full fruiting, they should be strengthened by binding. Winter-hardy. Productivity is high, annual. Fruiting begins from the 5-6th year, sometimes earlier, with a rapid increase in yield. In the period of greatest harvests, 300–350 kg of fruit are often taken from individual trees. Early flowering. Good pollinator for many varieties.
It responds well to fertilizer and irrigation.
In low places, as well as in rainy years, fruits are affected by scab.
Pay attention to the photo - in this variety of apple trees, recommended for the Moscow region, fruits of medium size or large (average weight 80-100 g), round or flat rounded, smooth or with weak ribbing:
The peel is yellow-green, smooth, shiny, covered with pale red or carmine wide stripes throughout the fruit. Subcutaneous points are clearly visible. The flesh is yellow-white, juicy, with a pleasant tart-acidic taste.
I will eat fruits - the end of August. Consumed fresh and for technical processing. Transportation is well tolerated. In the bed are saved about 2 months.
Below you will learn what other varieties of autumn apples can be planted on the site.
The most fruitful autumn varieties of apple trees: description with photos
Twist white (Twist rose, Twist, Half-twist)
Trees of this variety of autumnal apple trees for the Moscow region are vigorous, durable, with a wide-spreading or rare crown. The variety is highly resistant, fruitful.
Fruiting begin with 6-7th year. Flowering is more average. At the age of the initial and growing fruiting (7–20 years old) they give moderate yields, while at the age of the largest yields they are high, almost like Anis and Malta cross.
Fruits of medium size (average weight 75–100 g), flat-rounded or round, smooth, with a weak depression for the stem, sometimes without it. Peel snow-white, shiny, covered with weak pink stripes, strokes or continuous scour. The flesh is white, juicy, sweet-sour, slightly astringent, mediocre taste. Fruits are often affected by scab and fruit rot.
Eating fruits - in late August - early September.
Consumed fresh and for technical processing (gives a good quality dough), suitable for lobes. Saved about one and a half months. Unsuitable for long distance transport.
Apple-tree variety "Antonovka six-gram" on the photo
Trees are powerfully developed, with an oval-rounded, medium-sized crown covered with large leaves.
Winter-hardy, high yield. Bloom later. At the age of 24-30 years it gives an average of 100-150 kg of fruit from a tree, and 300-500 kg are taken from individual mature trees. Fruiting from the 7-8th year.
На фото видно, что у этого осеннего сорта яблонь для Подмосковья плоды очень крупные (средний вес 250 —300 г), репчато-овальные, ребристые, желтовато-белые:
Мякоть сочная, белая, мелкозернистая, нежная. The taste is sweet and sour.
Съем плодов — в середине сентября. Плоды потребляются в свежем виде и для технической переработки. Для дальней транспортировки непригодны. В лежке сохраняются около 2 мес.
Apple tree variety "Bellefle Chinese" in the photo
Trees are vigorous, with an oval-rounded medium-thick crown. The winter hardiness is average, the yield is good. Fruiting begin with 7-8th year.
In the period of initial and increasing fruiting, the yield is moderate, and in the time of full fruiting, it is high. Flowering - on average.
As can be seen in the photo, this autumn apple variety for the middle band has large fruits (average weight 150-200 g), round, slightly ribbed:
The peel is golden yellow, shiny, with bright red stripes. The flesh is white, juicy, fine-grained, tender, aromatic, excellent, with a light acid and spice taste.
Eating fruits - in the first half of September. Fruits are stored up to December. Well tolerated transportation. The best dessert variety.
Kitaya Sanina (Ranitka Sanina)
Volga large-fruited Chinese variety. Distributed throughout the middle lane.
Trees grow strongly, forming a rather dense oval-rounded crown. Winter hardiness and high yield. Drought resistant. Begin to bear fruit from the 5th to the 8th year (later than the other whales). During the period of initial and increasing fruiting, yields moderate yields, and in the period of full fruiting - high.
Fruits are larger than many Chinese varieties (average weight 25-30 g), have an elongate-oval or ovoid shape. The peel is green-yellow, covered over almost the entire surface with a red, diffuse blush. The flesh is dense, tough, sweet-sour taste.
Eating fruits - at the end of August. May last 2-2.5 months. Well tolerated transportation.
The fruits are mainly used for technical processing (confectionery, jam, juice, wine, etc.).
There are trees with a rounded, slightly spreading crown and more pyramidal. The first usually enter fructification earlier and their productivity is higher. When breeding varieties of cuttings must be taken from fruit trees.
See photos of varieties of apple trees, which are described above:
What are the best varieties of autumn apple trees is better to plant in the suburbs
Chinese Volga №1 (ranetka)
The most common variety in the middle belt is Chinese, which is found in all the gardens of the region.
Trees develop strongly, forming an oval-rounded, somewhat spreading crown. Differ in high winter hardiness and good annual yield. Fruiting begin with 3-4th year.
Fruits are medium (for chinates), round or oval, with a yellow skin, covered over almost the entire surface with a diffuse blush, with a non-falling cup. Pulp is dense, juicy, sourish taste. Go for technical processing. When processed in the cold way, give the best seeds for producing rootstocks.
This variety of autumnal apple trees for the middle band is the best representative of the group of Volga chinos, similar to them in morphological and biological features.
Trees are highly developed, with medium oval-rounded crown. Winter hardiness is average. Productivity is good. Fruiting - from 6-7th year. Flowering - in average terms. The flowers are frost resistant
Fruits are large (average weight 120-150 g), round or oval-round, smooth, light yellow, with a slight blush on the sunny side. The pulp is juicy, medium dense, granular, with a faint aroma. The fruits of this one of the best varieties of apple trees for the Moscow region taste sweet and sour, slightly spicy.
I will eat fruits in the middle of September. In the bed are saved 2-2.5 months. Carriage endure well. The best dessert variety. Recommended for production testing.
Spartacus. Vigorous tree with wide pyramidal crown. High-resistant and fruitful: in the 3rd year of fruiting 15 kg per tree was obtained. Fruits are large, reaching a weight of 200 g with an average weight of 110-120 g, round or flat-rounded, stupid. The color is yellowish, with a pink-red striped blush. Cream-colored flesh, juicy, medium density, excellent sweet-sour taste, aromatic. Eating fruits - in the first half of September. Late autumn cultivar. Zoned in all areas.
Apple tree variety "Zhigulevskoe" in the photo
The tree is vigorous, winter-hardy and fruitful. The fruits are very large, with an average weight of 150, the largest — 250 g, of a flat-rounded shape.
Look at the photo - this is one of the best varieties of apple trees, the main color of the skin is bright golden yellow, the cover coat is bright carmine-red, blurred, sharply outlined and prominently visible on the main background:
The flesh is creamy yellow, juicy, medium density, excellent sweet-sour taste. Removable maturity occurs in late August - early September, with a period of consumption - September - November. Recommended for testing in all zones.
Trees of medium vigor, with a rounded mid-crown. Winter hardiness is high. The variety is typically winter, fruitful, with a weakly expressed periodicity of fruiting. The main crop is placed mainly on kolchatka. The crop of uterine tree in the second year of fruiting was 10 kg, and in the next 2-4 years - up to 20 kg.
Flowering takes place in average terms and coincides with Anis gray, Reneta bergamotny and Borovinka. The flowers of this apple variety for central Russia are relatively resistant to frost.
Fruits firmly hold on the branches, more resistant to scab and moth, than Skryzhapel. They are more resistant to putrefying diseases, both in the garden and during winter storage compared with other varieties. Fruits of average or above average size, average weight 100–110 g, are covered with a striped merging red across the main yellow field, with numerous rather large subcutaneous points giving the fruits a kind of “marbling”.
The flesh is whitish, dense, juicy, fine-grained, sweet-sour, with a weakly pronounced spiciness of excellent taste (higher than Skryzhapelya). The removable ripeness of the fruit - at the end of September. They ripen well in maturation in November - December, acquiring by this time their characteristic qualities. In the bed can be stored until spring.
Bred by S.P. Kedrin in 1935 by crossing Antonovka with saffron with Pepin of London. The tree is medium. Winter hardiness of a grade is high, not lower, than at standard grades - anis and Borovinka. Productivity is good, annual.
Fruits of medium size, with an average weight of about 100 g, and the largest about 130 g, are flatly rounded, with noticeable ribbing and tubercles in the calyx, as in calvilles. On their basic yellow color, a bright speckled blush with prominent strokes is blurred, which gives them an attractive appearance. This is one of the best varieties of apple trees for central Russia with a creamy yellow, juicy, dense, not coarse pulp of sweet-sour, excellent taste.
Eating fruits - in the first half of September. The shelf is longer than that of Antonovka ordinary and aniseed.
The following is a description of varieties and photos of apple varieties, fruit-bearing in summer.
The best summer varieties of apple trees for the Moscow region and the middle band
Grushovka Moscow (Skorospelka)
Old Russian variety, distributed everywhere.
Trees reach large sizes, form an elongated-oval crown with strong and thick main branches of medium density, covered with light green long leaves. Frost high yielding durable. The variety is skoroplodny - begins to bear fruit from the 5-6th year with a rapid increase in yield, at the age of full fruiting (20-50 years), yields of 200-250 kg per tree per year are not uncommon. Early flowering.
Fruits are small, flat-conical, with a thin shiny skin, covered with pink-red stripes. The flesh of this one of the best summer apple varieties for the middle strip is yellow-white, juicy, soft, with a pleasant sweet-sour taste. The fruits begin to ripen in early August. Their maturation is uneven.
Eating fruits - in the 2-3 reception, in order to avoid falling.
For long distance transport is not suitable. Can last 1-1.5 months. Consumption - fresh and for technical processing.
Pouring white (Pudovschina, Dolgostebelka)
Trees of moderate growth, form spherical srednegusty krone with light green foliage. The variety is winter hardy and fruitful, especially on strong soils. Strongly affected by scab, especially in low places. Fruiting begins with the 5-6th year. Flowering is more average.
The fruits of this summer variety of apple trees, recommended for the Moscow region, medium or lower than the average size, rounded-conical shape, light yellow. The flesh is white, fine-grained, sweet-sour taste. Ripen in the second half of August. Fruits last about a month, but quickly deteriorate in taste. Shipping is bad. Consumed fresh, can go for technical processing.
The spread is small. The trees are vigorous, with an oval-rounded crown, covered with light green leaves. Winter hardiness is average. By scab steadier pouring white. Productivity is good, almost annual. The variety is skoroplodny, early summer. Fruits in 4-5th year. Blossoms in average terms.
Fruits of medium size (about 80 g), rounded-conical or oval, with wide ribs, on one of which a seam stands out (fold - the main distinguishing feature), light yellow, with bloom and green subcutaneous dots. The flesh is white, juicy, excellent tart-sweet taste.
Eating fruits - in early August. Consumption - fresh. Saved about a month. This is one of those varieties of apple trees for the Moscow region, which is recommended to grow for quick consumption, as the fruit is not transportable. Good dessert variety.
Trees are vigorous, with shirokoraskidisty srednegustoy crown. Their winter hardiness is good, not lower than Anisa scarlet and other winter-hardy varieties. Fruiting begins from 6 —7 years. Productivity is high: during the period of full fruiting, it gives an average of about 80 kg per tree, and from individual trees 150-200 kg or more.
Fruits of medium size, but larger than Anis scarlet, flat-rounded, with white skin, covered with bright raspberry-red blush and light bloom, very beautiful.
The flesh is juicy, tender, white, good sweet-sour taste. Fruit ripening in mid-August. Well tolerated carriage. Saved about 40 days. Consumed fresh.
Next, you will find out what other good varieties of apple trees are recommended for the middle zone and the suburbs.
The following describes what other varieties of apple trees are best planted to collect the summer harvest.
What other varieties of summer apples can be planted on the site
Chinese early golden
Trees of medium development, with a pyramidal crown. Differ in high winter hardiness. The variety is early summer and skoroplodny. Enters fruiting 4-5th year. Productivity increases rapidly. In the pore full fruiting yields medium or good yields. The flowering of this summer apple variety for the middle band is early. Fruits are small (average weight 30-40 g), rounded, golden yellow. Often poured. The taste is sweet, pleasant.
I will eat fruits - in the end of July - the beginning of August. 2-3 weeks remain. Consumed fresh and for technical processing.
Repka Kopylova (Turnip red). Trees of moderate growth, with long main branches, forming a broom crown, spreading out in old age (they need backwaters). Winter hardiness is average. To scab fairly stable. Fruiting begins with 5 — b years. The yield is average or good, almost annual. Early flowering.
Fruits of medium size, onion shape, with a thick dark purple solid blush and a bluish bloom, through which blurred white subcutaneous spots appear. The flesh is greenish-white, juicy, mediocre sweet-sour (fresh) taste.
I will eat fruits in the middle of August. Saved about 20 days. Not transportable. Consumed fresh.
Apple-tree variety "Arcade sugar" in the photo
Sugar arcade (smoky)
Distributed slightly. Trees are vigorous, form an oval-rounded crown with strong main branches.
Resistant to frost. Yield is average. Enters fructification from 6 - 7th year.
Look at the photo - in this variety of apple trees for central Russia, the fruit is below average, round-conical or round-cylindrical, yellow-green with an orange-reddish tan:
The flesh is whitish, loose, juicy, sweet honey taste.
Eating fruits - in late July - early August, but the fruits are suitable for consumption long before ripening. Can be stored for about 3 weeks. Not transportable. Fresh consumption.
Daughter Papirovka (filling Volga)
The tree is medium. Winter hardiness is not lower than that of the local standard varieties, anise, etc. The yield is good, annual. Mother tree in the 3rd year of fruiting gives about 15 kg of fruit.
Fruits of medium size, Alabaster size, with an average weight of about 80 g, round or flat-rounded, weak broad ribbing, sometimes with a "seam", like in Alabaster. Coloring of a peel is greenish-yellow, with golden suntan and appreciable large hypodermic points.
The flesh is creamy, tender, juicy, sweet-sour, excellent taste. Maturation —in the first half of August. This is one of the best varieties of summer apple trees recommended for Moscow region, resistant to scab.
- Late variety Belarusian breeding,
- Eating apples, be sure to feel the taste of Antonovka. If you tried it. And a mysterious variety of Lovefam,
- It has a full set of the best qualities.:
- Starting with yields and precocity,
- After all, winters sure
- With illnesses cope with your help.
- Every year you need to collect good harvests. Apples are very attractive:
- With a crimson blush on the green surface of the fruit. Not very clear. Blurred and with stripes. And also faint edges,
- Good size - about 150 g,
- Can keep their qualities until April,
- And the tasters were stingy with ratings - only 4.2 points. And even exactly 4.
- Bred breeders Belarusian Research Institute of Fruit,
- Best qualities from parents. Apple trees Banana and Belarusian raspberry,
- Small of what late winter
- But also winter hardy,
- And also scab he is not afraid,
- Their best qualities acquire only in December. After lie in storage 2-2.5 months. And by May holidays you can treat your friends with these apples,
- You can plant on a dwarf stock. And you will try the first apples already on the 3rd year after planting. And on the seed stock only after 5-6 years,
- Medium trees every year give decent yields
- Farmers receive up to 300 quintals. True, per hectare,
- Juicy and beautiful coloring apples have a weight of 130-170 grams. Each one.
You can find out more about Alesya here.
- Medium thick trees
- Dessert variety of the amateur breeder A.M.Kamendrovsky. He used Antonovka ordinary and Red Delicious,
- Apples with an average weight of 150-200 grams. Elongated shape. Yellow-green color when bookmarked at the end of September. Then it turns yellow. But with a blush,
- About 150 kg from a tree can collect. Every year and without interruption,
- Taster rating 4.4 points,
- Tolerates Moscow winters,
- Trouble-free transportability will help you implement them.
Read more about the winter beauty apple in this article.
- Tall trees in conditions of Moscow region, they winter well,
- On a dwarf stock, you can have the first apples in the 4th year. Less often on the 3rd year,
- Able to resist diseases and pests. Including scab. With your help,
- The red color of the fruit does not differ in large size - just 90-120 grams,
- From every adult tree can collect more than 100 kg. Record - 211 kg,
- But they are kept well - and until April, quality ones are preserved. Juicy and tasty.
You can find out more about the Asterisk variety here.
- I.V. Michurin used Ruby and Bellefle-Chinese. One hundred years ago,
- Late winter variety. More valued for its magnificent and memorable decorative look.
You must know:
- He does not belong to the skullcap,
- Not every year you will have a harvest with them,
- Size, as it were small. Only 80-100 grams. Red apples slightly elongated shape.
What will pleasantly surprise you:
- The taste of bright pink flesh is a little bit tart. And once again - pink flesh,
- May persist until March.
- His breeders are happy to use for the cultivation of varieties with pinkish pulp,
- Take into account its adaptability to Russian winters, yield, average resistance to scab and not high crowns.
Siberian selection with the participation of the Altai dessert and Gorno-Altai. Attractive apples. But this is a summer variety.
You will learn more about the apple tree variety Darkie from this article.
- An employee of the Moscow State University has developed this variety with the familiar varieties of the Cinnamon New and Northern Synapse varieties.
- You don't need a lot of space in your garden. The tree has a medium crown,
- Sort has the necessary stability for your region and on frosts, and on diseases (and most importantly to scab),
- Large fruits are sweet and juicy. On a light green surface, you will definitely notice pinkish stripes.
- You can try the first fruits not earlier than 5-6 years after planting,
- Apples can be used immediately after removal for storage. This variety coincides removable and consumer maturity of the fruit. And it is necessary to remove in early October,
- You can treat them in March. Under normal storage conditions,
- Will be stored in the refrigerator - extend the pleasure for almost a month.
- Hightrees winter hardy
- Apples appear on the 4-5th year after you planted. Их употребляют с момента съема с деревьев в первых силах октября,
- Округлые желто-зеленые плоды в среднем имеют вес 110-120 грамм. И красноватый румянец с полосами. Они сладкие и сочные на вкус. Кислота даже не ощущается,
- К болезням, особенно к парше устойчивость хорошая.
Более подробно о сорте Медуница зимняя вы можете узнать здесь.
- S.I. Isaev were chosen to cross Antonovka ordinary and Jonathan,
- It turned out good late variety. Both height and crown inherited from parents - tall,
- The variety for the Moscow region has good performance in winter hardiness and disease resistance,
- Store apples until March. In a refrigerator.
- The elongated fruits are large. Up to 160 grams. But they can become shallow under adverse conditions. And noticeably
- Yellow-green color can turn red on the sunny side,
- And attention attracts spicy reddish flesh.
- Selection of MSU (S.I. Isaev). The qualities of the Cinnamon New and Northern Synapses are used and improved.,
- Since 2001, it has already been zoned. In many regions,
- You will not see the first apples soon (you should wait for 6-7 years after planting). But they are worth the wait. Many of them weigh over 200 grams,
- They are eaten both during removal for storage and before May flowering. In special storage conditions - even more. For a couple of months,
- Yellow-green color turns to golden when stored,
- The popularity of the variety is also growing due to its fitness for growing in difficult conditions.
You will learn more about the Moscow apple variety later in this article.
Oryol breeders bred it back in 1954 by crossing the varieties Pepin saffron and Skryzhapel.
What attracts attention:
- Tall tree Therefore, so called. Almost half a dwarf,
- Quickly begins to yield. And good
- Climatic conditions near Moscow are absolutely suitable.. And don't scare him with a scab,
- Medium-sized fruits have a yellow-green color. And on it are reddish stripes. Pay attention to the hypodermic white dots,
- Taster ratings are not very high - 4.3 points. Though it has sugar, it has 10.6%.
- Winter variety,
- Kandil Chinese used to deduce him
- This variety is often asked in nurseries,
- Farmers don't even ask. Just buy solid parties. And planted a good plantation.
And there is because of what:
- The geography of its cultivation is very wide - Center of Russia, Volga region, Eastern Siberia,
- Him winter hardiness and yield this allows,
- Decent yields are obtained with proper agrotechnics (pruning, watering, feeding, etc.),
- ATcous and last look.
You need to collect them in early October. You can keep until May. And sell in the markets.
You can find out more about the North Sinap variety here.
- Breeders of Moscow State University in 1951 received it from the varieties Bessemyanka Michurinskaya and Welsey,
- Winter hardiness is slightly lower than that of Antonovka. Scab resistance - on average,
- Still used in plantations and gardeners,
- Medium tall trees come early in fruiting,
- And grow quite large attractive fruit with green color. And it is clearly visible crimson blush. Not distinct, but blurred,
- Tasty and juicy green flesh. With a good sugar content - more than 10%,
- You can store apples until the end of April.
Beauty of Moscow
- Middle-height trees,
- Antonovka and Welsey in parents,
- The end of September is the time of gathering. And stored 80-90 days,
- Red blush. Dessert taste
- From 5-6 years after planting begin to bear fruit,
- Good winter hardiness and disease resistance give a good opportunity to grow in the gardens of the Moscow region. And for industrial plantations,
- Small size of apples. Their average weight is about 120 grams.
You will learn more about the variety of apple trees in Moscow in this article.
- Ural selection,
- One of the varieties collection of dwarf apple trees scientist breeder M.A. Mazunin,
- They were bred with the participation of the Vydubetskaya variety, weeping,
- Therefore, it can grow even on a seed stock only up to 2.0 meters,
- The harvest from one tree reaches 65 kg,
- Variety zoned in the Urals. But grown in the suburbs,
- Large greenish-yellow apples with a slight blush,
- Begins to bear fruit for 3-4 years after planting,
- You can keep these apples in the usual basement for no more than 100 days.
Read more about Sokolovskoy apple in this article.
- It was derived by M.A. Mazunin and his colleagues V.I.Putyanin and N.F.Mazunina. In the Urals,
- Its main advantages are: short stature, high winter hardiness,
- Flat-round forms do not exceed 2 meters on the clone rootstock. And on the seed - no more than 2.5 m,
- Yellow-green with inconspicuous red color and slightly flattened fruit on the scales will show no more than 120 grams,
- Pretty early begins to bear fruit - even after 2 years. Moreover, impressive yields - up to 130 kg per tree.
- Because of the short storage period (a little more than 60 days), it is even considered more late autumn than early winter,
- Professionals often use it to breed low-growing varieties.
You can find out more about the variety landed here.
- Since 1996, he is already in the State Register. Derived thanks to all the same Antonovka,
- Medium tall trees bear and medium-sized fruit,
- Slightly noticeable blush on a light green background,
- Long retain their qualities. Therefore, in the spring you still eat them. With pleasure,
- Immune to scab,
- The first apples will appear soon - already from the second year after planting,
- And the annual yields, satisfying and farmers. All this to the fact that it is increasingly planted in their gardeners.
You can get more information about the Imrus apple variety here.
- Who longs for Renet Simirenko's apples will definitely pay attention to this variety. Little is said about him
- And in the state register only since 2002,
- Genetic resistance to scab laid by the creators,
- Frosts are not scary
- And fruits with dark green become yellowish with a blush when stored. At the end of September, they must be removed and stored.
You will learn more about the variety of apple trees Bolotovskoe from this article.
- Sure. Having seen apples you will want to get them. To eat
- And then you want to plant on the site,
- Intense crimson color,
- Sizes of apples (about 130-150 grams),
- Any doubts will disappear if you find out that diseases he is resistant,
- Scab immunity - one of the main problems solved when it is derived,
- You need to shoot apples in early October. And in February, with pleasure to eat.
Read more about Apple Venyaminovskoe read in this article.
For resistance to scab and other diseases
For yourself, you should already mark, which is often found in the characteristics of the virtues of apple trees, their resistance to such dangerous disease like scab. And not without reason:
- After all, scabbed apples can not be sold,
- And the food itself is not nice.
Scab on the apple tree.
That create varieties even immune to such a sore. Employees Orlovsky Research Institute specialize in these varieties:
Semi-dwarf and dwarf
Often used by gardeners. Attracts annual fruiting and precociation:
- Grushevka Moscow region,
Conclusion, useful tips and videos
We have considered the best winter varieties of apple trees. However, it is important not only to grow high-quality apples. But also save them. Some tips on preparing and storing apples for storage:
- Avoid bumps and drops of fruits
- Prepare a ventilated room. Dry
- The temperature for their good storage should be kept low - only 2-3 degrees,
- Collect the apples slightly underripe,
- Use wood shavings, paper, dry sawdust for laying apples,
- I will not advise you to handle apples before storage,
- But they do it. Not all.
Watch the video on how to store apples:
A fairly common winter-hardy variety is characterized by medium-sized, greenish-yellow fruits with a small blush color. The flesh, dense and juicy, has a sweet-sour taste. The variety is rarely exposed to pests. With proper care and annual pruning the tree of this variety is able to produce up to 160 kg of fruit.
Coloniform variety of very late maturation. Fruits of medium size (170–200 g), spherical in shape, have a yellowish peel, completely covered with a pronounced blush. The flesh is juicy, dense, sweet-sour.
Apple Tree “Moscow Necklace” is loved by gardeners for its frost resistance and exceptional yield. The demand for this columnar variety is so great that it is not easy to buy seedlings even in a nursery. The maximum yield from a five year old tree is 6-10 kg of apples.
This famous variety is bred by Michurin himself. Fruits of medium size, yellow color with dark blush have amazing wine-sweet taste and pronounced aroma. Apples are stored for a long time, almost until the new harvest. 220–280 kg can be collected from a 20-year-old apple tree.
Excellent Belarusian varieties of apples of winter ripening live in the Moscow region.
For example, Belarusian sweet apple is distinguished by its sweetness and regular fruit bearing. Alesya apples are stored until April, and the tree is compact and does not have scab. The Syabrynya variety is winter-hardy, highly-yielded, and is immune to scab.
By the time of ripeness, the fruits acquire a special sweetness, covered with a beautiful golden-red blush.
In the south of the Moscow region, it is possible to grow apple trees of such winter varieties as:
- Academician Kazakov (fruits are juicy, sweet, with light sourness, stored until April, average yield - 183 centners / ha)
- Vikor (apples are sweet and sour, with strawberry notes, but they remain only until February, the yield is about 80 c / ha).
Fans of small varieties will enjoy the so-called “paradise apples” of the high-yielding and winter-hardy variety of the Canadian selection of Chinese Kerr. The apples, though small (20 - 50 g), but juicy, tasty, are stored until February - March, the tree gives about 110 kg per tree.
As you can see, in the suburbs you can grow many good varieties of apples, which will provide vitamin reserves throughout the year. By selecting several of the above varieties, you can grow a wonderful apple orchard in your Moscow area, giving a high yield of tasty, healthy fruits.