Along with wine, Campari (Campari) and sambuca (sambuca), limochecello is among the top 5 popular alcoholic souvenirs from Italy. The colorful lemon taste of the Italian Riviera has spread far beyond Europe. Comic actor Danny de Vito has a personal brand of limoncello. In his own restaurant in Florida, he treats friends with Danny DeVito’s Premium Limoncello. Let's try to find out why Prince Lemon is so captivating.
Liqueur from sunny Italy
Lemoncello - Italian lemon liqueur with a strength of 25 to 37 °. Content of sugar is from 20 to 40 grams per 100 ml. Such a broad definition is associated with a variety of recipes for making liqueur. Limoncello is one of the most popular drinks among Italians. This is due to the availability of lemons and relatively simple manufacturing technology.
Limoncello liqueur is widespread in the southern regions of the country: Capri, Sicily, Sardinia, Ischia. Three regions are competing for the right to be called his homeland. The official version gives this title to the island of Capri. There in 1988, Massimo Canale registered a lemon liqueur. He patented his grandmother's recipe and the name "limoncello".
On Amalfi Island and Sorrento, this version is disputed. For centuries, sunny liqueur of opaque straw color has been made by peasants of these provinces. In ancient times, he was known as "alcoholic lemonade."
Depending on the region of production of liqueur, it is customary to single out Limoncello di Sorrento, Limoncello di Sicilia, Limoncello di Capri. All varieties are the most important:
- ripe and juicy lemons are used,
- lemons are soaked with the purest alcohol,
- tincture filled with sugar syrup.
The rest of the homemade limoncello recipes differ dramatically. Different sorts of lemons are taken. Each region considers its lemons the most fragrant. The proportions of sugar and water differ. Soaking time varies from a week to six months. This gives a wide scope for fantasy. In our recipes, we outline the outline of the production of limoncello, and you can choose the taste, sweetness and strength.
Limoncello is one of those cases where the quality of raw materials is especially important. The color, taste and aroma of the drink create essential oils. They are contained in the peel, and not in the pulp. Finding good lemons in our not fertile latitudes is difficult. But knowing a few secrets, you can.
- Ripe lemons have a brilliant skin. In unripe fruit matt surface. To get rid of wax, pour boiling water over lemons. Then wipe dry with a woolen cloth.
- Squeeze the lemon in your hand. Moderately ripe fruit a little springy, but remains dense. Overripe - softens. In overexposed and overripe citrus, the amount of vitamins decreases.
- Lumpy lemons have a thicker skin than smooth ones. This is usually a flaw. In our case, rather an advantage. Only the skin containing a maximum of vitamins and oils will be used. Therefore, the weight loss of the pulp is not terrible for us.
- Brown spots talk about the use of antibiotics and chemicals. This gives bitterness.
- Does the film easily lag behind the pulp? This is a sign of hypothermia or even freezing of the fruit.
- And, of course, the smell. In real lemons not treated with chemistry, it is impossible to beat it off.
List of ingredients:
- lemons - 1 kg,
- medical alcohol (strength 96 °) - 500 ml,
- granulated sugar - 500 grams,
- distilled water - 650 ml.
- Remove the top zest from the lemons. You can do this with a vegetable knife, grater or kitchen knife (if your hand is full). White skin does not need to affect. It will give excessive bitterness.
- Put the zest in a tightly screwed jar and pour alcohol. Insist lemons on alcohol for 3 to 7 days. Some traditional recipes are advised to withstand up to 5-6 months. Perhaps it improves the flavor. But you can check the statement only in a practical way.
- In the process of infusing 4-5 times a day, shake the jar and alter the contents.
- After the period of time we filter the infusion through folded gauze. The remaining crust squeeze too.
- Now cook sugar syrup. We put sugar in water and heat it on medium heat until it is completely dissolved. To prevent the syrup from boiling, reduce the heat. If the syrup is boiling, remove the foam.
- Cooled to room temperature, the syrup is added to the lemon tincture. Transparent tincture will be cloudy. This should not be scared. Alcohol bound essential oils. They were released after diluting with water and fogged the drink.
- Bottled liquor and put in the fridge. Give him time to relax. After 5-7 days, the taste will take shape and limoncello will be ready for use.
The classic recipe for Limoncello is strong - 32-36 °, and sweet - 30 grams of sugar 100 ml. To reduce strength or sweetness, change the amount of sugar and water.
Recipe on moonshine
To cook limoncello on moonshine at home, you need to be sure of the quality of the product. Moonshine should undergo mandatory purification and better double distillation.
List of ingredients:
- lemons - 1 kg,
- refined moonshine - 1 liter,
- granulated sugar - 200-500 grams,
- distilled water - 200-300 ml,
- lime juice 1
- vanilla - on the tip of a knife,
- saffron - pinch.
- Prepare the lemon zest. Remove only the yellow part of it, without white skin. We put the zest in a jar and fill it with moonshine.
- In another container, bring water to a boil and add sugar. After the sugar has dissolved, remove the syrup from the heat and cool it.
- While the syrup cools squeeze the juice of two lemons.
- Add fresh juice and sugar syrup to the container with zest. Tightly close the liquor and remove for 2-3 weeks. Keeping in a darkened cool room. Every day we shake up the container.
- At the end of the infusion, we filter liqueur after 2-3 standing gauze.
- We fill limoncello with lime juice, vanilla and saffron. Spices are needed to disguise the brew. In large quantities, they spoil the liquor. Therefore, we add according to the principle: “Better less, yes better.”
- Seasoned liqueur is kept for another 3-4 days, filtered and consumed.
Recipe for vodka
If you still want to achieve a characteristic lemon bitterness in the liqueur taste, we use zest, juice and fruit pulp.
List of ingredients:
- vodka - 500 ml,
- lemons - 500 grams,
- granulated sugar - 400 grams,
- distilled water - 150 ml.
- Before making liqueur, pour lemons with boiling water and boil for 3-5 minutes. This will help get rid of wax and soften the fruit.
- When the lemons cool, mode them into large pieces. Squeeze the juice, grind the remaining cake together with the zest.
- Cake put in a jar and pour vodka. Squeezed juice while leaving. Close the jar with vodka and remove to a cool place without a source of natural light. We shake every day.
- Separately prepare the syrup. To do this, mix water, sugar and a tablespoon of lemon juice in a cookware. Heat the liquid until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Strain the lemon fresh juice and mix with the cooled syrup. To taste, be guided by your wishes. If the syrup seems sour, pour in some sugar and boil again until it is dissolved. Unlike tincture syrup stored in the refrigerator.
- After a week, add the syrup to lemon juice. All components must be given time to contact. To do this, put in the fridge for another week.
- Strain liqueur through gauze, bottled and try a drink made with your own hands using Italian technology.
The Italians are advised to add cinnamon sticks to the limoncello along with the lemon zest.
To achieve a greenish hue of liqueur, 1 of 6 lemons must be green. On the contrary, a more saturated color will add the replacement of every seventh lemon with an orange.
Ready limoncello can be stored in the refrigerator. The term of such storage is not less than 6 months. In the freezer - up to several years.
Instructions for making liqueur
This name refers to Italian liqueur, i.e. strong alcoholic drink or in another way lemon tincture.
The country of the sunny coast assures the whole world that they prepare it according to a special recipe so that the aroma turns out to be excellent. If you cook limoncello at home - the taste is no less than quality.
In addition to the cooking technique, you need to know what is combined with the tincture of lemon and how many degrees it contains.
The first thing how this drink differs from other alcoholic ones is its degree. Its largest value is 40%, so the tincture is classified as strong. Only such champions are rare - the degree often varies from 25 ° to 32 °.
In addition to high strength, the drink has a high content of vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system and promotes recovery from colds.
Only this does not mean that you need to use liquor uncontrollably - there are special recommendations.
How to drink limoncello
According to Italian traditions, the stages of drinking this drink are as follows:
- timing and meals,
- cooling containers with a drink and a glass,
Before drinking, place the container with it for 15 minutes in the freezer. Drink glasses too cool. In addition, observe the rate of drinking in small sips, soak between use of a break of about 20 minutes. Serve the tincture not as an aperitif, because a large amount of sugar affects the appetite. Desserts, ice cream or fruit, cocktails - that's what limoncello is drunk with.
Limoncello prepare at home in several ways. All of them are united by 3 ingredients - lemon peel, sugar and water. They often experiment and add limonella to the recipe - a hybrid of kumquat and lime. The drink is prepared on the basis of alcohol, vodka or even moonshine. In addition, any variation of this popular drink insist at least 5 days.
To properly insist alcohol on lemon, you need to prepare the following products:
- water - 0.65 l,
- Lemons - depending on the size of 6-10 pieces,
- 95% ethyl alcohol - 0.5 l,
- granulated sugar - 0.5 kg.
Before you start, rinse the fruit thoroughly, because the drink is made from pure peel only. After drying, proceed to the classic recipe:
- Peel off the skin. Try not to touch the white fibers, because they contain bitterness. The mass of peel should be about 150 g.
- Peeled lemons put in the fridge.
- Place the zest in an infusion container, pour in alcohol there, cover with a lid.
- Label the container with the date of filling.
- Send alcohol with lemon in a dark, cool and fireproof place.
- Insist liquor about 5-10 days, do not forget to shake.
- When the infusion time is over, simmer over a low heat of sugar and water syrup.
- Strain the infusion, folding several gauze layers, squeeze the peel.
- Wait until the sugar syrup has cooled, then mix it with the tincture.
- Ready lemon syrup leave on the shelf of the refrigerator for 5-6 days.
Lemon vodka tincture requires the following ingredients:
- water - 3.5 st.,
- lemon - 10 pcs.,
- sugar - 2.5 st.,
- Vodka - 0.75 liters.
The first cooking step is the same - wash and dry the lemons. Then lemon vodka is prepared according to the following instructions:
- Cut off the crust without affecting the white layer, as shown in the photo.
- Fold the zest in a jar, cover with vodka and close the lid.
- For about a week, send the liquor to a dark and cool place.
- Do not forget to shake the jar every day.
- Bring water to a boil, add sugar.
- After the sugar has completely dissolved, turn off the heat and let the syrup cool.
- Using gauze, strain the lemon drink and mix with the syrup.
- Liqueur send another 5 days in the fridge.
To prepare a lemon tincture at home, the following ingredients are required:
- high-quality moonshine double distillation - 1 l,
- lemon - 9-10 pcs.,
- sugar - 0.5 kg,
- clean water - 0.3 l.
To begin, prepare the zest, cut it with fruit with a vegetable knife. Next, follow these steps:
- Fold the peel in a jar, pour in the brew there, close the lid.
- Send the jar to a dark room with a positive temperature for about 5-6 days.
- Shake the container occasionally.
- After infusing the liqueur, prepare the sugar syrup - pour the granulated sugar into the boiling water and cook until it is completely dissolved.
- Mix the cooled syrup with lemon juice.
- After 5-6 days, strain the finished drink.
We offer another drink that can be prepared independently. You will find everything about mulled wine - the recipe of cooking, useful properties and rules for choosing ingredients.
What is Limoncello?
The drink under discussion is a traditional Italian liqueur made from fresh lemons. In Italy, it is served on the table for almost all holidays. “Limoncello” is drunk both as an independent drink and as a part of cocktails.
The drink prepared according to this recipe is softer, with a creamy, delicate flavor and very sweet.
- alcohol 95-96% - 0.5 l,
- lemons - 7 pieces,
- milk (fresh) - 0.5 l,
- cream - 0.5 l,
- granulated sugar - 1 kg,
- vanilla - a pinch.
Take off the lemon zest in a glass dish, pour alcohol, in the recipe you can use vodka instead of alcohol, but take it in the amount of 0.7 l. Closed dishes with the contents insist 2-4 weeks in a dark, warm place.
Prepare a mixture of cream and milk, add vanillin. Put the saucepan on a slow fire, bring to a boil and remove from the stove, add granulated sugar, stir until dissolved. Cool milky creamy syrup to 25 degrees.
Alcoholic infusion filter using a gauze filter, mixed with milk mixture. Stir thoroughly, bottle. Ready liqueur stand for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator, after which you can taste.
Recipes for making cocktails using Limoncello liqueur
From homemade limoncello, it’s not difficult to make some simple recipes of popular cocktails. The drinks made on the basis of limoncello have a refined taste and a bright aroma.
Candy shot - a recipe for making a cocktail.
Mix in a shaker mango juice - 15 ml, coffee liqueur - 15 ml and limoncello - 15 ml.
Fill the shaker with ice and beat well.
Pour using strainer in a stack.
As decoration use lemon zest.
Cocktail Recipe - Mandarin Dawn
- Limoncello Liquor - 30 ml.
- White Vermouth - 20 ml,
- tangerine juice - 50 ml,
Tangerine dawn is prepared in a shaker. Vermouth, limoncello and tangerine juice are vigorously shaken in a shaker, ice is added. Pour into cocktail glasses.
Cocktail - Skittles
- Strawberry - 30 gr.
- Ice cubes - 200 gr.
- Lemon - 150 gr.
- Limoncello - 40 ml.
- Honey syrup - 15 ml.
Peel the lemon by cutting off the top. Mix in a shaker a quarter of a lemon, strawberries, syrup and limoncello. Strained drink pour into an empty lemon. Top to decorate the composition with a cut off top of a lemon with a strawberry berry on a skewer.
- lemon liqueur - 30 ml,
- cream - 30 ml.
A simple recipe. On top of Limoncello gently pour in cold cream. It turns out the drink with the taste of ice cream and a hint of alcohol.
Cocktail - 48 drops
- Limoncello - 30 ml
- Vodka - 30 ml
- Sherry Fino - 30 ml
- Orange - 5 g
In the shaker pour all the ingredients.
Fill with ice and whip.
Take a cocktail glass, pre-chilled.
Using a strainer to pour a cocktail.
As decoration use orange peel.
Strong "Cheeky Pooks"
Ingredients: Limoncello - 20 ml, 15 ml each, Gina and Blackcurrant liqueur, ground black pepper - 1 gr.
Preparing a cocktail layers, alternately in a pile of pour gin, followed by limoncello, add liqueur, sprinkle with pepper
How and with what to drink home limoncello
Limoncello drink chilled. Before use, put a bottle of drink for a couple of hours in the freezer, and more. Liqueur glasses also put in the freezer. Drinking liquor can be savoring and you can drink in one gulp.
Snacking Limoncello should be sweet dishes of cakes, candy, ice cream, chocolate. At home in Italy, it is generally accepted to drink it without a snack, but the main thing is in moderation, because the strength of the drink is quite tangible.
Traditional recipe Limoncello
Only 7 d 30 min
- 8-10 large lemons
- 1 liter of grain alcohol 95.6%
- 1-1.2 liters of clean water
- 600-800 grams of sugar
On the way to the perfect limoncello
Obviously, lemons here play an important role and their choice should be approached thoroughly. Well, if it will be lemons from farmers who do not use pesticides or use them in minimal quantities. In any case, before removing the peel, they should be thoroughly washed under running water, even with a hard brush. According to the experience of the Sorrentine, the best home limoncello is obtained from fruits with a thick, wrinkled skin, and their peel even without albedo should be a little bitter.
Choosing the right proportions
The balance of ingredients is as important as the lemons themselves. The Italians left a few tips on this. For example, for every 100 ml of alcohol it is recommended to take about 30 g of lemon peel - a bright, fresh lemon taste is guaranteed. Чтобы получить ликёр средней крепости, в районе 35%, следует использовать порядка 120% воды по отношению к спирту и около 80% сахара, чтобы получить напиток с сахаристостью 30%. Такой лимончелло, крепостью 35-38% и сладостью 300 г/л, считается на юге Италии классическим.
Есть очень простой и достаточно точный способ определить крепость будущего ликёра. Для этого можно воспользоваться следующей формулой:
liqueur strength = (alcohol volume / total volume) * alcohol strength
For example, apply this formula to our basic recipe for the maximum water and sugar task for a syrup. Each 100 g of sugar will increase the volume of the drink by about 60 ml, that is, 800 g of sugar = 480 ml of increased total volume (total volume = 1000 ml of alcohol + 1200 ml of water + 480 ml from sugar). We get: (1000/2680) * 95.6 = 35.7%. It suits us.
Now it is easy to answer a fairly frequent question: is it possible to use vodka instead of alcohol? It is possible, but: (1000/2680) * 40 = 15%. Not really, huh? What should be done? That's right, reduce the amount of water and, accordingly, sugar, for example, to 300 ml and 400 g. Then: (1000/1540) * 40 = 26%. Already better, while the sugar here is about 260 g / l (divide the amount of sugar in grams by the volume of the drink in liters). Using this formula to adjust the liqueur to your liking is very simple.
For starters, I recommend using less sugar and more water. A good start: take 1 liter of water and 660 g of sugar for 1 liter of alcohol (strength ≈ 37%, sugar ≈ 26%). Women will definitely appreciate the less strong version with the same taste: for 1 liter of alcohol - 1.6 l of water and 800 g of sugar (fortress ≈ 30%, sugar ≈ 26%)
Other nuances and tips:
- Vodka, with recalculation of proportions, can be used, but with an increase in maceration time, at least up to 20 days, preferably up to a month. However, it is not worth expecting from such a drink the same bright taste as from limoncello on alcohol - for a normal extraction of essential oils you need at least 50%, or at least 70% alcohol at least. With kazonka it is better to prepare lemon vodka.
- In Italy, strong grappa is often used as an alcohol base. Not a bad option, but to get a really pure lemon flavor, the choice is better to stop on neutral high-grade grain alcohol.
- Sometimes an oil “cap” (film or lumps of yellow color) is formed on the surface of the liqueur. For me personally, this is an indicator of quality lemons and I don’t touch it. If it confuses you, just filter the drink through a cotton filter (funnel with a cotton swab or disc).
- According to a similar recipe, you can prepare other liqueurs based on citrus peel: orange, grapefruit, lime, pomelo, etc. Sometimes it turns out very interesting.
- Milk can be used instead of water. Then you get a cream limoncello - no less popular digestif in Italy.
What to do with the remaining lemons?
A question that is relevant to many, which is rather strange, because usually the majority of drinkers cannot take away the fantasies (ha-ha).
- make delicious, real lemonade, lemon jelly or any other dish or drink with lemon juice,
- freeze the juice in ice forms - these cubes can be used to make cocktails, sauces for salad and other culinary purposes,
- make a sour mix and cook a huge amount of cocktails with it, including homemade limoncello,
- use juice for cosmetic and domestic purposes (lemon juice is an excellent means that degreases and kills unpleasant odors).
This is from the obvious options. You can also make delicious jam:
- 6 peeled lemons
- 650 g sugar
- 60 ml of water
- 1 large apple
Remove from the lemons the remains of albedo, finely chop and remove the bones. Mix in a saucepan with sugar and water, leave for 24 in the refrigerator. Then add a boneless sliced apple into 4 pieces, but with a peel, and cook over low heat for 45-50 minutes. Hold the classic jam test on a saucer. Transfer the finished jam into sterile jars that need to be rolled up and set upside down before cooling. Done!
... or the classic Sicilian dessert drink with the beautiful name Granita (Granita):
- 500 ml of lemon juice
- 1 liter of pure water
- 300 g sugar
Prepare syrup from water and sugar, cool. Add lemon juice, mix well, add more sugar if necessary. Pour the mixture into a large glass container and send it to the freezer. Every 20 minutes, the dessert should be mixed with a wooden spoon to obtain a creamy mass with tiny ice. Serve on a hot summer day with a bun. Done!
... or "Drunken Lemon" according to the recipe of Italians:
- peeled lemons
- quality grappa or chacha
- granulated sugar
- whole carnation
Use a sharp knife to peel albedo from the lemons and cut it into thin slices 3-4 mm thick. At the bottom of the jar with a volume of 300-500 ml layered lemons with sugar: a layer of lemons - 2 tsp. sugar - a layer of lemons - sugar, etc. At the end, add a couple of buds of carnations and fill to the top with grappa or chachi. Send the jar in the fridge for 1-2 months, after which the lemons can be consumed in the appropriate atmosphere, washed down with delicious nectar from grappa. Done!
By the way, the pale rind, remaining after the maceration, can also be used. But the process is quite time consuming. First you need to lay it on paper towels or a clean cloth and leave to dry for 1-2 days. Periodically, the zest need to stir. Then put it on a baking sheet and send it to the oven, preheated to +80 .. + 100 o C, for about 10 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave with the door open so that the steam goes outside. Repeat the procedure with the oven until the pieces of zest break easily between the fingers. Now the zest can be crushed: first in a blender, then in a coffee grinder. The resulting powder can be used as a flavoring for cookies, pies, creams, etc.
Traditional serving limoncello on the Amalfi Coast
And homemade limoncello should be consumed for its intended purpose, preferably as it is customary to do on the sun-drenched shores of Italy. Traditionally, it is served heavily chilled (straight from the freezer) as an afternoon digestif. Along the Amalfi Coast, they drink lemon liqueur from small ceramic cups, which are also sent to the freezer for a couple of hours. There, such a pile became a part of the whole ritual, like coffee, as a mandatory attribute after important lunches or dinners. Recently, limoncello has also settled in kitchen cabinets and bar shelves, as an ingredient in fruit salads, ice cream, confectionery and numerous cocktails.
What is limoncello
Limoncello is an Italian lemon liqueur. It is made by infusing lemon peels on various alcohol-containing liquids.
Why is it popular in Italy? Because it is in Italy that a large number of these fruits grow. Due to the fact that he is very prepared from the ingredients that are always at home and the cooking process does not take much time, home limoncello received deserved recognition around the world. In Russia, he does not use special demand. This is due to the fact that it is based on lemons, which are not so popular in our country.
It is produced in the southern part of the country: in Capri, Sicily, Sardinia, Ischia. Currently, these cities are fighting for the title to be considered the birthplace of lemon liqueur. The official version says that his homeland is the island of Capri. It was here in 1988 that Massimo Canale patented not only the technology of its creation, but also the name.
However, residents of the Amalfi Islands and Sorrento do not agree with the accepted version.
They believe that the straw-colored opaque liquid was first produced by their peasants, who called it “alcoholic lemonade”.
Currently, there are several varieties of Italian limonino liqueur, the name of which contains the name of the city in which it is created. This is Limoncello di:
However, regardless of how liquor is called, all its three varieties have common qualities:
- only mature fruits are taken for them,
- crusts are drawn in pure alcohol in a special way,
- sugar is used to refill citrus tincture.
Limoncello at home
In order to make limoncello at home, you can use one of the recipes that can be found on the Internet. Each of them uses its own variety of citrus, as each city where it is produced, believes that it is they who grow the most delicious lemons. Also different is the technique of preparing alcohol strength and the number of ingredients added to it. Many people put these ingredients in their own discretion.
How much sugar, and what amount of alcohol in limoncello?
The classic alcoholic drink limoncello is made on the basis of 96% grape spirit, but when replaced with other alcohol-containing ingredients, the taste does not get any worse. The strength of the Italian Limoncello varies from 25 to 37 degrees. Sugar in it is added from 20 to 40gr. on 100 ml.
Citrus soaking time is also different in all recipes: they vary from 7 days to 6 months.
Before cooking limoncello at home, a person is recommended to purchase good quality lemons.
Recipes limoncello at home
Most people who love alcoholic beverages are interested in whether it is possible to make lemon Italian liqueur at home? You can make it at home in a few minutes. To do this, you need lemon peel, filtered water and granulated sugar. Some are experimenting and adding limonella to the basic recipe. This is a substance that includes kumquat and lime. However, if you do not have it, you can cook without it. The taste of this will not get worse.
Before you prepare lemon liqueur, you need to pay attention to the fact that its strength reaches 37-39 degrees. In addition, remember that it is very sweet and smells of citrus, so people with allergies to use it is not desirable.
The classic recipe for limoncello begins with the preparation of products. Have to take:
- 1 kg of citrus,
- 500ml 95-96% alcohol,
- half a kilo of granulated sugar,
- 0.7 liters of mineral water.
Preparing alcohol like this:
- We take the fruit, wash them under the tap, scald with boiling water, remove the wax from them. Prepared fruits are well rubbed with a towel. Knife we remove from them the entire peel. Touch the white skin is not desirable, because it will give a bitter taste to alcohol. Thus, about 150 grams of peel is obtained on the table.
- In a deep dish put all the skin and pour it with alcohol. Cover the pot with a lid and put it in a dark place for 1-2 weeks. Every day, it is desirable to shake.
- Next, the tincture should be passed through cheesecloth. Squeeze the rind well.
- The required component of this alcohol is boiled sugar syrup. It is easy to prepare: sand and water are mixed in a saucepan and boiled over low heat. Grains should be completely dissolved, but not boil. Syrup is set aside to cool.
- Next, it should be mixed with alcohol.
A little trick: to get alcohol with a pronounced citrus taste and smell, the syrup can be cooked from lemon juice.
- The finished tincture is bottled in beautiful bottles and placed for 1 week in a cool, dark place. She kept about 5 years. Its strength is 40%.
In order to fully enjoy the unusual taste of limoncello liqueur made according to the classic recipe, it is recommended to drink it without jamming any dish.
The following way of quick cooking limoncello on vodka at home is somewhat different from the classic and is considered by many the quickest recipe, which prepares alcohol. And his taste is not worse.
- 1 liter of vodka
- 15 lemons,
- 4 cups brown sugar,
- 5 cups of water.
We start cooking by taking the fruits, washing them thoroughly under water and drying them. Next, they want to remove all the yellow peel. It should be put in a jar and pour alcohol tincture. Next, the bank is removed in a dark corner of the apartment. Withstand it takes from 5 to 40 days.
In a separate container, sugar and water are mixed, and placed on the stove over a slow fire. The composition is boiled for 5-7 minutes. During this time, the sugar must be completely dissolved. The resulting syrup is required to cool. Composition with zest is required to pass through cheesecloth and mix with sugar syrup. Next, you need to pour it into the bottle and set aside for 5-40 days.
Remember that if you keep the bottle in the freezer, this will make the liquor more thick.
Limoncello on moonshine at home
Before you learn how to cook limoncello for this recipe at home, you need to make sure that the moonshine is of good quality. Before use, it must be cleaned and distilled through coal two times.
For alcohol we need:
- 1 kg of citrus,
- moonshine - 1 liter,
- granulated sugar - 200-500 grams,
- water - 200-300ml,
- juice from one lime,
- a little vanilla,
It is prepared as follows:
- We take citrus, wash and remove from them the entire yellow shell. The recipe for the production of limoncello liqueur states that the white part of the skin can not be touched. Otherwise, the finished composition will be bitter. If it is on the plate, it must be removed immediately.
- Crusts lay out in a deep container and pour the moonshine so that it completely covers them.
- Pour water into a saucepan, boil it and add sand to it. When all the grains have dissolved, then remove the syrup from the stove and set aside until it is completely cooled.
- From the remaining fruits should squeeze the entire juice.
- Add the syrup and juice to the zest. We cover it with a lid and place it in a dark, cool corner of the apartment for 2-3 weeks.
- Shake pot with content is recommended every day.
- After 2 weeks, the container is taken out, and its contents are filtered through gauze fabric.
- In alcohol add a little lime juice, vanilla and saffron. They will relieve him of the persistent taste of moonshine, but a lot of them should not be put.
- The container is again removed in a dark place and keep there for another 3-4 days.
- Strain the tincture through cheesecloth and bottled. She is ready to eat.
Limoncello recipe for vodka
Despite the fact that this method also contains high-grade alcohol, but the procedure for preparing limoncello with vodka at home is somewhat different from the one described above. Such alcohol is used in pure or diluted form, and it can also become a component of one of the cocktails.
It is done like this:
- 9 citrus,
- 1 liter of alcohol,
- 1 liter of water
- 500 grams of granulated sugar.
- Fruit my and remove them from the yellow skin.
- Put cleaning in a large jar and pour vodka. To reduce the degrees, it can be mixed with water.
- Put the jar with contents in a warm corner of the apartment for 7 days. 1-2 times a day, it is shaken.
- After a week, the tincture is taken out and filtered through gauze, poured back.
- Cook the syrup with sugar. To do this, take a saucepan, pour liquid into it and add sugar or fructose. We put the mixture on the stove on a small fire and boil it, stirring constantly. Do not boil.
- Cool the syrup and pour into a container with zest and vodka.
- The mixture is stirred and poured into individual containers.
- Bottles with the contents put in a dark corner of the apartment for 10-15 days.
- After this time, alcohol is ready for use.
Limoncello recipe for alcohol
In order to cook limoncello on alcohol at home according to a special recipe you need:
- 0.65 liters of water
- 6-10 citrus,
- 0.5 liters of 95% ethanol,
- 0.5 kg of granulated sugar.
It is prepared like this:
- Wash the fruit under running water and remove the yellow skin. About 150 grams of peel is laid out on the table.
- Peeled fruits are placed in the fridge.
- Put the zest into a deep saucepan, add alcohol to it and cover with a lid. Be sure to celebrate the date of the fill.
- Put the pot in a dark, cool place for 5-10 days. It should be shaken periodically.
- Cooking sugar and water syrup.
- We take the tincture, filter, clean well press.
- Pour the cooled sugar syrup into the pan with the tincture.
- The resulting composition set aside for 1 week.
- After the specified time it can be tasted.
Limoncello Liquor Cocktail Recipes
Based on homemade limoncello, many recipes for making cocktails have been developed.
One of the most popular is considered "Cream Limoncello". Thanks to its soft and delicate taste, it will especially appeal to women.
For its preparation, we need:
- 500ml 95-96% alcohol,
- 7 citrus,
- 500ml milk and cream,
- 1 kg of granulated sugar
- a pinch of vanilla.
Preparing a cocktail as follows:
- Fruit well wash under running water and remove from them the whole zest. It is required to put in a glass deep plate and pour alcohol. You can also replace it with vodka, but you need to add it 0.7 liters.
- Cover the plate and place in a dark warm corner of the apartment for 2-4 weeks.
- Next, you need to mix the cream and milk and pour a little vanilla into the mixture.
- Put the resulting mixture to gas and bring to a boil.
- Further, it is required to remove it from the heat and add sugar to it. Mix well with a spoon.
- Then cool it to 25 degrees.
- Tincture is required to drain. For this it is better to use cheesecloth.
- Further, it is recommended to gently mix with the milk mixture.
- The resulting mixture must be stirred and bottled.
- They need to be removed in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
- The drink is ready to eat. He kept for 1 year. Its strength is 30 degrees.
Below are ways to mix a few more famous drinks based on delicious Italian liqueur:
Cocktail "Candy Shot".
To prepare it, pour 15 ml of mango juice, lemon and coffee liqueur into the shaker bowl. Add ice to the mixture and beat. Pour it in a small glass and decorate it with zest.
Cocktail Tangerine Dawn.
For its preparation should take 30 ml of limoncello, 20 ml of vermouth, 50 ml of tangerine juice. All pour into a shaker, add ice and mix. Содержимое вылить в рюмку и украсить по-своему вкусу.
Для его приготовления понадобится взять: ½ лимонного сока, медовый сироп, лимончелло,2 клубники, лед.
Цитрусы моем и снимаем верх, удаляем мякоть. Все ингредиенты кладем в чашу шейкера и хорошо перемешиваем. Полученный напиток процедить через сито и налить в высокий стакан. Украшается он дольками клубники и цитруса.
Коктейль «Кремончелло». For its preparation you need to take 30 ml of limoncello and cream. Pour Italian liqueur into a glass and pour over the cream. The drink will have a taste of ice cream with alcohol.
Cocktail "48 drops". For its preparation you need to take: 30 ml of limoncello, vodka, Jerez Fino, 5 grams of orange, ice cubes. Components put in a shaker. Next, add ice and mix. The cocktail glass should be cooled and the resulting mixture poured into it. Decorate it with finely chopped citrus peel.
Cocktail "Cheeky Pooks". To prepare it, take 20 ml of limoncello, 15 ml of gin and blackcurrant liqueur, 1 gram of chopped black pepper. It is made in layers: the first layer is gin, then the Italian and black currant liqueur and sprinkle black pepper on top. Decorate the finished alcohol can be any fruit.
Currently, there is no better recipe for making limoncello at home. Also, no cook with confidence can answer you the question of how many degrees a real limoncello should be. Each cook prepares it in his own way and adds something from himself to the basic method.
But, in order to fully enjoy this exquisite Italian liqueur Italians recommend following these rules:
- For spices, add lemon zest and cinnamon sticks to alcohol. If you do not like spices, you can not add them.
- If you want liquor to get a green tint, you should take one green lemon.
- In order for the finished alcoholic drink to have a rich yellow color, every 7 lemon should be replaced with an orange.
- Alcohol is recommended to be stored in the refrigerator, but it can also be kept in the freezer.
- Its shelf life is from several months to several years. The more it is stored, the richer it will become.
After studying these recommendations, anyone can make this delicious alcohol at home, display their recipe for its preparation and answer the question of how limoncello is done at home.