Than to disinfect cages of rabbits each rabbit breeder should know. This event is included in the list of mandatory rodent health. Disinfection prevents the appearance of viruses, bacteria and infections that affect the rodent's body. Microorganisms formed in the aviary during the life of a rabbit can lead to the death of a rodent.
Why do I need disinfection
Cleaning the enclosure is the most effective way to fight disease. At the same time, in addition to the cages, rabbit accessories are processed. Before disinfection, thorough cleaning of the room and cells is carried out. Debris, litter, dirt, food debris and litter are removed. Along with this leaves a third of the bacteria.
Disinfection is used to clean the house of pathogenic bacteria and viruses. The procedure is carried out in the following cases:
- In early spring and autumn,
- 14 days before the young,
- When weaning rabbits from the mother,
- When buying a new rabbit,
- After illness, the death of a pet.
Simple cleaning is done with the help of available tools. For disinfection used special preparations.
Processing cage of ornamental rabbits contained in the apartment
The decorative rabbit is a relatively clean animal, but its cage needs daily cleaning and regular disinfection. "Loyal friend" - safe for pets detergent, disinfectant, deodorizing agent. You can handle the cells carrying. Deletes pollution and smells, contains a bactericidal component - triclosan. It has a pleasant smell, does not cause allergies. Flush means not necessary.
The cage of a domestic rabbit can be treated with ordinary iodine by preparing a solution of 25 ml of the preparation in 1 liter of water.
A simple but effective disinfectant is vinegar with water in a ratio of one part to four.
When is held
Planned processing can be carried out before acquiring young or adult pets, before transplanting, waiting for a few okrols, when information about the unfavorable epidemiological situation in the area appears. Disinfect and cells vacated after transplantation or sale of animals.
If an epidemic is suspected in the district of the epidemic, water disinfection and feeders are disinfected every 10 days. If a pathogen that causes a massive case is identified, it is possible to choose a remedy that is detrimental to it.
Animal diseases are easier to prevent through preventive measures. Neglect of the need for sanitization can lead to a massive loss of animals, the cost of treatment. If the livestock has been lost due to a contagious disease, the microorganisms that caused it can remain viable in cages for several months. After settling in the untreated after the disease cells of the new herd, the case may resume. Regular disinfection prevents the spread of contagion, destroying it.
This disease of the digestive tract, rare among rabbits. As a disinfector, the following solutions are used at the rate of 1 l per 1 m 2:
- 3% chloramine,
- 2.5% xylonaph,
- 7% hypochlor,
- 2.4% caustic soda.
The pathogen is excreted with feces, so you have to disinfect manure, disinfect the rabbit's floor. The room itself is treated with bleach. If the household has recorded cases of the incidence of salmonellosis in the bird, the rabbit and cages are necessarily treated for preventive purposes.
This is a common infection among animals. Sick rabbits of all ages. The disease has an abnormal livestock population. To maintain cleanliness, sanitary days are recommended every month, when animal dwellings are washed with hot water (above 70 ° C) or 1.5-2% soda ash solution. To combat pathogenic organisms in cells, 4% formaldehyde or 2% formalin solution, 3.5% creolin solution is used, and 25% formaldehyde (20 ml per 1 m 3 for 3 hours exposure) is used for placing.
The respiratory organs and intestines are affected. In severe forms, it is recommended to slaughter animals and burn the corpses. Rabbit cells are disinfected thoroughly by preparing a mixture of these solutions:
- 1% formalin
- 2% caustic soda,
- 3% phenol (carbolic),
- 3% lysol.
Spray the cells and the room with this antiseptic. Good results come from a 2% hot xylonaph or 0.5% formaldehyde solution. The Pasteurella stick dies at a temperature above 75 ° C, therefore it is enough to process the inventory with boiling water.
Treatment of the disease is not developed. If it is diagnosed, then the sick rabbit is rejected and destroyed. The place where the animal lived is disinfected. To do this, use:
- hot 16% soda ash solution,
- hot 5% xylon oil emulsion,
- 20% formaldehyde in aerosol form (10 ml per 1 m 3, dwell time 6 hours).
Apply clarified solution of lime, 3% sodium hydroxide solution in hot form. Biothermal way to disinfect manure.
These are fungal diseases in which the skin and fur of animals are affected. There are 3 separate diseases - trichophytosis, microsporia and scab. Due to similar manifestations they are called short ringworm. The control of pathogens of the disease is carried out using the following compositions:
- 3% formaldehyde solution and 1% caustic soda,
- 12% sodium phenolate with 1% caustic soda,
- 2% formaldehyde and 1% caustic soda.
The temperature of the solutions 50 ° C, processing twice with an interval of 1 day.
Why and when should be carried out disinfection of rabbit cells
Getting rid of microbes living in rabbit cages is not so easy. They are not sensitive to high and low temperatures, quickly adapt to a chemical poisonous environment and are distinguished by high vital activity. For a long time, the infection can multiply in the litter, on the walls and the floor of the cage, in feeders and drinkers, in the harvesting equipment. Regular cleaning of the premises helps to eliminate only 40 percent of the pathogenic bacteria, but in hard-to-reach places it still remains damp and dirt, which contributes to the development of infection.
Later, when diseases begin to develop in the wards, even a correctly made diagnosis and timely treatment will not give the expected result until the cell is completely disinfected, as well as all the tools and equipment involved.
According to experts, it is necessary to carry out disinfection measures every six months, regardless of the production scale of the rabbit breeding. Usually, such prevention is planned in the fall or spring, but in case of emergency, unscheduled treatments are possible.
Mandatory disinfection of rabbit cells:
- before transplanting young animals to adults,
- before okolom,
- after illness.
Since bacteria and viruses that threaten rabbits are highly viable, they are controlled by radical means.
Today the most effective of them are:
- Chemical processing - consists in the use of potent antiseptics when washing the internal and external surfaces of the cleaned and dried rabbit housing. After that, rinse with clean water and dry the cells.
- Chemical spray disinfection spray - the technology is very close to the previous one, it is characterized by minimal contact of hands with hazardous substances.
- Burning - implemented using a blowtorch or a gas torch and is highly effective.
- Automatic cleaning car wash "Kärcher".
- Disinfection with a building dryer.
Each of these methods helps to eliminate the pathogenic environment, but does not guarantee one hundred percent safety for the eared ones. Therefore, experienced breeders advise to approach the solution of the problem in a comprehensive manner, by alternately applying several variations of disinfection. The most successful of them, according to the breeders, is a combination of roasting and chlorination.
Modern manufacturers of various "chemistry" significantly simplified the breeder care for eared pets. In any store you can find the widest range of special disinfectors.
Here is a list of the most popular ones:
- bleaching powder - used in the form of a 10-% solution, after the application of which you need to wait 30 minutes and rinse thoroughly,
- formaldehyde - a 2% solution is recommended for use, it is applied by spraying (at the rate of 10 milliliters per cubic meter) for 25–30 minutes, then rinsed out with a hose,
- soda ash - 2% of the substance is dissolved in hot water and with a scourer they treat the cage, drinkers, feeders, wash it off after half an hour,
- "White" - the working solution is prepared in a ratio of 1:10, after which the spray rabbit is sprayed inside and outside the rabbit dwelling with the help of a spray bottle, after one hour it is re-washed and dried,
- iodine - it is used in the form of a 5% solution, it can be washed off an hour after application,
- ash liquor - recommended for neutralizing rabbit cells after chlorination, the solution is prepared by boiling water and wood ash combined in a ratio of 3: 1,
- formalin - spraying of surfaces is carried out with a 2% solution, after 25 minutes thereafter the chemical substance can be washed off,
- caustic soda - a 2% solution is used for disinfection, and to enhance its effect, 10% sodium chloride is added to it,
- slaked lime - used in the form of 10-% limestone suspension, after 3 hours, wash off,
- caspos - disinfection is carried out with a 3% solution, which is washed off after 3 hours.
According to the reviews of the rabbit producers, they proved themselves well:
Preparation for the procedure
Disinfection by any means and means cannot be carried out in an uncleaned room. Before the procedure, thorough preparation is important, which consists not only in cleaning litter and bedding, but also in scrupulous washing of all surfaces of the rabbit house. In order to provide high-quality cleaning, experts advise to act on the following algorithm:
- First of all transplant animals into temporary housing structures.
- Remove all feeders, drinkers, and other removable parts from the cage.
- Using a dustpan, scraper, brush or broom, remove the old litter and its remnants from the floor. Cleaned manure should not be left on the ground under the cage. It is collected in a container or a dense trash bag for recycling.
- After that, carefully inspect the cell for its integrity. Various internal damage and damage is quite likely, because the tenants are rodents. If necessary, eliminate all structural defects.
- Rinse off all the dirt with a strong jet of hot water, paying maximum attention to dried residues of excrement and food. For hard-to-clean places, use a hard-fleeced brush or washcloth. Also process the outer surface of the cell.
- After that, rinse the design again using any detergent.
- Leave the cage for some time to dry. It is advisable to put it in a well-lit place during this period.
- Thoroughly clean and wash the feeders, drinkers, as well as all equipment involved in the maintenance of rabbits.
- While the cell is drying, clean in the room where it constantly stands. For this, it is important not only to sweep and remove the web, but also to wash the pathogenic microflora with a strong jet of hot water.
Disinfection of cells "Belize"
Chlorine-containing substances lead in popularity among all known antiseptics, due to their availability and effectiveness. Professionals advise to carry out all work with “Belize” in gloves, because the liquid is characterized by increased aggressiveness and can damage the skin.
Also, excessive evaporation can provoke serious intoxication and allergic reactions in the body. Therefore, before the start of processing, it will not be superfluous to take care of measures of your own protection.
Proper disinfection of rabbit "Belize" includes the following steps:
- First, prepare an antiseptic on the street by dissolving the entire bottle of “Whiteness” in a 10-liter bucket of warm water. Stir the liquid well.
- After that, pour the disinfector into the spray bottle and spray it on all the inner and outer surfaces of the previously washed and dried cell. Especially scrupulously handle slots and hard-to-reach places.
- All removable parts of the rabbitry, as well as the inventory used in its maintenance, are subject to similar processing.
- After completing the listed work, leave the construction for an hour.
- After the specified time, rinse the “Whiteness” with a strong jet of hot water, and also use a washcloth. After all, contact with such chlorine-containing substances will end badly for a pet.
- Let the cage dry out, and in the meantime, spray the ceiling, walls and floor in the place where the rabbit housing is located. An hour later, go over the treated surfaces with water from a hose and let it dry.
- When the water in the cage, as well as in the room where it always stands, will not remain a trace, you can arrange all the objects in places and engage in the internal arrangement of the rabbit.
With the help of the car wash "Kärcher"
This portable cleaner is especially popular with modern farmers. The device is so versatile that it is difficult to imagine any cleaning in the household without it. Moreover, with the unit even the smallest slots in the rabbit cloister become accessible.
They are not cleaned due to high water consumption, but by a stream of hot steam. The disadvantage of such a wash is only one - the high cost, which starts from $ 500. But if you already have “Kärcher” in your household, then sin will not make it easier for you to care for the rabbit with it.
For quality disinfection, proceed as follows:
- Prepare the car wash for operation.
- Turn the device into a power outlet and carefully nozzle it over all surfaces of the cell. Pay special attention to the places of intersection of parts. Do not hurry. It is important that hot steam under high pressure gets into hard to reach places.
- Do a similar processing from the outside of the cage, as well as with items removed from it, inventory.
- Let the structure dry for an hour and air out after steam disinfection. Experts advise for this to put the building in a well-lit place.
- Now, by the same principle, sanitize the walls, ceiling and floor in the room where the rabbit house will be.
- When everything is dry, put the cage in place and equip it with feeders, drinkers, fill in the food and cover the floor with straw. Transplant to your home abode tenants.
Remember that it is better to prevent a problem than to deal with it later. As you can see, there are many ways to disinfect cells and not all of them require additional resources or financial costs. The main thing - do not be lazy and take care of the cleanliness of their wards.