The history of tinctures associated with medicine - in the old days, balms, healing potions were made from herbs, fruits, and roots. The tincture of apples, like other fruit and fruit spirits (cherry, pear, brandy), became an integral element of feasts later. In Russia, the technology of medicinal infusions was adopted by the manufacturers of moonshine: to improve the taste of the potion, and to make the smell more pleasant, honey, berries, and fruits were added to it, except herbs. Today, there are many recipes for homemade fruit alcoholic beverages, especially apple ones.
Technology of preparation of apple tincture
A regular apple tincture prepared with observance of a certain technology, which depends on the type of fruit, parts used (only pulp or whole fruit with core and peel), alcohol for a drink (diluted alcohol, moonshine, brandy) can please a beginner or an experienced distiller. Some liqueurs are prepared a couple of weeks, others insist a few months. Here are the points to consider before you start making a drink:
- For homemade liqueurs on moonshine, vodka, brandy, it is advisable to use hard aromatic apples of late varieties (calvil, rennet, pepin, saffron, pear, Antonovka, white filling). The fruits of summer varieties are less fragrant, but you can take them.
- Interesting taste qualities will be acquired by homemade alcohol on assorted apples of sour, sweet and sour, sweet varieties (anise, white filling, Antonovka, Aport, August).
- Alcohol-based bases for tinctures are vodka, alcohol diluted with water, high-quality home-brew, brandy, brandy. Drinks with a strength of up to 45 degrees are obtained from alcohol, 20-25 degrees - from moonshine, brandy, vodka. Alcohol should be chosen depending on the preference of the fortress. A special flavor of an elite drink is acquired by brandy or brandy tinctures. The saturation of the color and aroma of the resulting drink will be more pronounced if the strength of the alcohol used in its base is higher.
- You can experiment with the amount of sugar. If you want to get a sweet dessert drink, the volume of sand should be increased, for a bitter tart taste - to reduce. As sweeteners, honey, fructose, the amount of which is regulated by the manufacturer, is suitable for liqueurs.
- The tincture is richer when you add components to it that blend in taste with apples: mint, cinnamon, vanilla, black chokeberry berries.
When choosing a method for preparing a tincture, it should be remembered that the final result depends on the variety of apples, the alcohol base, the amount of sweeteners, the method of purification of the raw materials, and additional ingredients in the composition. Fresh fruits require careful processing. They are well washed, dried, removed damaged parts, crushed into slices, after removing the core with seeds. The presence in the apple mass of the bones and the core will give the alcohol a bitter taste, make it dark in color.
Lovers of tart flavor, taste haze tincture suitable for dried apples. Four ripe fruits (it is better to use a late variety Antonovka), chopping into ringlets, dried in the oven, placed on the bottom of the jar, add sugar, vodka, apple juice concentrated. Insist two weeks, filter, bottled. The drink acquires a smooth amber color, unique taste.
Apple tincture on vodka
- Time: 13-19 days.
- Servings: 15 people.
- Calorie dishes: 122 kcal per 100 g.
- Purpose: alcoholic drink.
- Cuisine: Russian.
- Difficulty: medium.
The classic apple tincture is prepared on alcohol at home simply, it is drunk gently, the apple flavor evokes pleasant associations, it can be supplemented with salads, meat dishes. If you use not alcohol, but vodka, the fortress will be less. Recommendations for the selection of varieties of apples are not - take any available. The amount of sugar, if desired, is regulated (decreases or increases in taste), the drink will not suffer.
Apple liqueur (without vodka)
- Apples - 4 kg
- Granulated sugar - 1 kg
- Apples need to be washed, cored and cut into small slices.
- We shift the prepared apples into a jar, add sugar and cover with gauze in several layers. We put the container in a sunny place for 4–5 days before the start of fermentation.
- After the appearance of the first signs of fermentation (hissing, sour smell or foam) we rearrange our liqueur in a dark, cool place. In order for the mixture to completely replay you need from 4 to 6 months.
- As soon as the fermentation process is over, apple juice can be filtered through a homemade or purchased filter and poured into glass bottles. Store the finished product in the cellar or refrigerator.
Apple pouring on vodka
- Water - 7.5 L
- Vodka - 1.5 liters
- Apples - 2.5 kg
- Sugar - 2 kg
- Wash the apples, peel and core, cut into slices.
- Fold in a glass jar, add vodka and chilled boiled water.
- Cover with folded gauze, insist in the sun for 14-15 days.
- Shake the jar gently each day. When the apples float, strain the liquid through cheesecloth, pour sugar in portions, stirring well.
- Withstand pouring for 2 days in the sun, rearrange in a cold place for 10 days.
- Drain the pouring, strain and pour into dry bottles. Carefully clog the traffic jams, keep until use in a cold place for about 20 days.
Apple liqueur with pears on vodka
Apple-pear tincture can be prepared from any alcohol (moonshine, alcohol or brandy).
- Apples - 1 kg
- Pears - 1 kg
- Granulated sugar - 5 kg
- Vodka - 2 l
- Water - 1 l
- Nutmeg - 2 pcs.
- Melissa - 6 leaves
- Apples and pears should be washed, peeled, core cut and cut into slices.
- We shift the apples in a jar, add nutmeg, lemon balm and pour vodka. Let us brew for 2-3 weeks in a dark place.
- After 2–3 weeks, we filter the tincture through a homemade or purchased filter, add sugar and mix until it is completely dissolved.
- Pour the pouring into glass bottles and you can start tasting. Store the tincture in a cool place for no more than 15 months.
P.S. If you do not like spicy drinks, you can not add nutmeg and melissa.
The classic recipe for apple tincture on moonshine
This is the easiest and fastest recipe for making apple tincture. As an alcoholic component, instead of moonshine, you can take vodka or cheap brandy.
It is worth noting that the tincture will be quite strong 25-30%.
- Apples - 1 kg
- Moonshine - 1 l
- Cinnamon Sticks - Half Sticks
- Vanillin - 3 g
- Apples need to be washed, cored and cut into slices.
- Shred the apple slices in a jar, add cinnamon, vanillin and pour the samohon, tightly close the lid and set for 7 days in a dark place.
- After a week, the tincture is filtered through a homemade or purchased filter, poured into glass bottles and stored in a refrigerator or cellar.
P.S. Apples can be poured with alcohol again and let stand 10-12 days in a dark place. Then repeat paragraph 3.
You can also remove all flavored ingredients and prepare the tincture in its pure form.
Apple tincture with honey
Apple tincture prepared according to this recipe will be moderately sweet with a little sourness. Strength of tincture - 20–25%.
- Apples - 2 kg
- Vodka - 2 l
- Water - 2 l
- Granulated sugar - 1 glass
- Honey - 2 tbsp. l
- Apples need to be washed, cored and cut into quarters.
- Prepared apples fold into the bottle and pour vodka. Let us brew in a dark place for 10 days.
- Apple tincture filtered through a homemade or purchase filter, add granulated sugar, water and honey. We mix everything thoroughly and put it in a cellar or a refrigerator, and after 2–3 days tasting can be started.
Apple tincture with bourbon
This recipe has American roots and for its preparation you need only the peel of apples, as it has a high content of essential oils. It is also important that bourbon almost never loses its strength.
- Apples - 800 g
- Cinnamon stick - 1 pc.
- Carnation - 2 pcs.
- Bourbon - 750 ml
- Apples need to be thoroughly washed and gently peel.
- We shift the "apple zest" in a liter jar, add cinnamon stick, cloves and pour bourbon.
- Insist our tincture 7 days in a dark place at room temperature. After 2 days, spices can be removed from the jar, to avoid completely interrupting the taste of apples.
- A week later, we filter the tincture through a home-made or purchased filter, pour it into a glass bottle and store it in the refrigerator.
- Tincture on bourbon ready. For a full disclosure of taste, you can throw a couple of ice cubes before tasting.
Apple tincture on two types of alcohol
This tincture is an unusual game of tastes. This is something between liqueur and liqueur. But it's better to make sure that it is really tasty and unusual.
- Apples - 1.2 kg
- Vodka - 500 ml
- Cognac - 500 ml
- Sugar - 350 g
- Water - 170 ml
- Apples need to be washed, cored and cut into small slices.
- We shift the apples in a glass bowl and pour vodka with brandy. Leave to insist in a dark place for 30 days.
- After a month, you need to filter the tincture through a homemade or purchased filter and be sure to squeeze all the juice out of the apple peel.
- Making a simple sugar syrup.
- Then syrup must be cooled to room temperature and mixed with tincture. Now we give our apple tincture to brew for another 30 days. If there is a precipitate, then you can repeat the filtering.
- Pour the finished tincture into glass bottles and store in a cool place.
Apple tincture on moonshine from dried apples with ginger
In this recipe, you can replace ginger root with dogrose (you need to take half a glass), and vodka for home brew.
- Dried apples - 2 glasses
- Ginger Root - 50 g
- Raisin - 2 tbsp. l
- Honey - 1 tbsp. l
- Moonshine - 1 l
- Dried apples are well washed in water at room temperature.
- Ginger cut into small pieces or three into a fine grater.
- Put apples, raisins, ginger in glass containers and pour them with samogon. Give brew for 30 days in a cool place.
- After a month, the tincture must be filtered through a homemade or purchased filter, add honey and let it brew for another 7 days.
- The finished apple tincture on the moonshine is poured into glass bottles and stored in the cellar or refrigerator.
Apple tincture with Brassy Mint
This tincture resembles the famous French "Calvados" apple or pear brandy. If desired, brandy can be replaced by cognac.
- Apples - 2 kg
- Sugar - 100 g
- Water - 100 ml
- Brandy - 1 L
- Vanilla sugar - 10 g
- Mint - 1 sprig
- Apples need to be washed, cored and cut into slices.
- Put apple slices into a glass bowl, add mint, vanilla sugar and pour all this brandy. Now we give the infusion to brew in a dark place for 7-14 days.
- After 1-2 weeks we filter the tincture through a homemade or purchased filter
- Cook simple sugar syrup.
- After cooling the syrup to room temperature, pour it into apple brandy. Finished tincture is poured into glass bottles.
- Tasting can be started in a week, before it can be kept in a cool place.
- The shelf life of apple tincture for nonsense is not more than 3 years.
Which apple varieties are best used for pouring
Pouring apples should be light, sweet and aromatic. To do this, choose the right fruit varieties. Solid apples with a pronounced aroma and high sugar content are best suited. These include late autumn varieties, but from summer it is also possible to prepare a drink. For tinctures made from apple juice or whole fruits the most suitable varieties will be: Antonovka, white filling, pear, saffron other. You should choose red apples - more often they are more juicy and fragrant.
The most tasty will be tincture cooked on homemade apples. Even if they differ in size and shape from those purchased, they are grown without chemicals. It is not scary if it will be fruits that have ceased and crumbled from the branches. They can be sorted out, cleaned from dust and damaged areas and used for natural apple juice.
There are a huge number of simple recipes tincture of apples at home. Alcoholic drink on the pulp or apple peel, with the addition of honey, cinnamon or other fruits, tincture of moonshine on dried apples - you can not be afraid to experiment.
The recipes of liqueurs are different, and drinks are prepared using different varieties of apples and alcohol. However, there is a certain algorithm for making a tincture of apples:
- to sort out the apples, choose the ripest ones, clear the core and chop finely,
- pour vodka, alcohol or brandy, close in a glass jar to infuse,
- strain, insist some more time and serve,
- Store alcohol in glass bottles, the shelf life is at least 1 year.
Choosing a recipe for tincture of apples at home on vodka, alcohol or another form of alcohol is a matter of taste. Those who like sweeter drinks add a large amount of sugar or honey, connoisseurs of spicy flavor use spices. It should be understood that high-quality alcohol with a long shelf life is not prepared quickly - it must be well drawn and absorb the fruit extract.
Simple apple liqueur
Classical tincture of apples is prepared with the addition of vodka. At 1.5 kg of ready-made peeled fruit will need 1 liter of alcohol, 0.5 liter of water and 300 g of sugar. Apples can be peeled, but it gives the drink an extra flavor. Fruits are better to cut into small pieces, so that they better absorb alcohol.
Apple tincture on vodka is prepared according to the following recipe:
- Apples fall asleep in a jar and pour vodka so that it covers their surface a few cm,
- after half an hour, add more liquid if the fruit pieces quickly absorb it,
- close the jar lid and leave for 2 weeks warm,
- strain the liquid, do not throw out the apples, but prepare sugar syrup from them,
- combine the cooled syrup with the liquid, leave to infuse for a few more days.
Recipe tincture of apples on vodka can be changed. If you take a more acidic fruit varieties, you will need more sugar. Apple recipe on vodka, prepared according to the recipe, will have a strength of not more than 20 degrees, so it can be served instead of wine.
Apple pouring on alcohol
Apple liqueur on alcohol is stronger. It is prepared by maceration, that is, soaking fruit in alcohol, with a minimum sugar content. For 1 kg of apples you need to take 1 liter of alcohol, to taste - vanilla and cinnamon. These spices are perfectly combined with apples in a spirit tincture.
Apples are pre-cleaned from the core, dust and damaged areas. Then you can start cooking apple tincture on alcohol:
- put sliced fruit in a jar and close it with a lid,
- add alcohol and spices, cover and send to infuse for 10 days,
- strain the drink through several layers of gauze.
Tincture of apples on alcohol will have a sour taste. It can be stored for a long time in tightly sealed glass bottles for at least 1 year. Serve it in a decanter, and then poured into glasses.
Apple tincture on moonshine
Apple tincture on moonshine is a quality homemade alcohol. It is prepared by analogy with the pouring on alcohol, but its taste and strength may differ depending on the moonshine. Apples are also cut, poured with moonshine and insist 10 days. The quality of the tincture of apples on moonshine will depend on alcohol.
Insist on the moonshine on apples can be more than 1 time. After the liquid has been filtered through cheesecloth, the fruit is re-filled with alcohol and left in a dry dark room. Such a drink will be no less saturated and fragrant than with the addition of fresh apples.
Pouring spicy apples
Classic apple juice is light and transparent, but there is a special recipe with the addition of a large amount of spices. These fruits have a slight acidity, so the spices will not make the drink too heavy. The main thing is to choose the right proportions so that all the ingredients are felt and do not interrupt each other.
For 10 large apples you need to take 1.5 liters of vodka or alcohol. The mixture of spices is weighed at the rate of 1 liter of drink:
- 150-20 g sugar
- 2 g or more cinnamon sticks
- 1 g dry coriander powder,
- 0.5 g dried clove leaves,
- 5 grams of almonds.
Apples are recommended to grate. To make the sauce more vivid, apples insist on alcohol for a week, and then prepare a syrup with the addition of spices. It is combined with a liquid and left for another 2 weeks. Next, the drink must be filtered and bottled.
Pouring apples without vodka
There is a way to prepare a tincture of apples without vodka, alcohol and other types of alcohol. For it will only need ripe apples and sugar in a 4: 1 ratio. The recipe is simple:
- cut the apples, put them in a jar, add sugar and cover with gauze,
- put capacity in the sun and wait for fermentation,
- через 5—7 дней, когда смесь забродит, ее переставляют в сухое темное помещение,
- в течение 4 месяцев напиток настаивается, его нужно периодически перемешивать.
Настойка из яблок получается похожей на сидр. It is light and sweet, well suited for summer snacks and desserts.
Apple and lemon juice
The honey and lemon pouring on apples is especially spicy and thick. For 1 kg of fruit, it is enough to take 1 liter of vodka, 1 liter of water, half a cup of sugar, a few tablespoons of honey and 1 lemon.
Recipe for tincture of apples and honey:
- cut the apples and insist on vodka for 10 days,
- add lemon, water and honey,
- insist another 10 days.
When the drink is ready, it is filtered and bottled. It goes well with fruits and desserts, as well as with high-calorie meat dishes.
Pouring apples with quince and raisins
There is another way to make a tincture of apples at home. It will turn out to be especially fragrant if you add quince and raisins to the recipe. For 1 liter of vodka or alcohol you will need 400 of each of the fruits, 100 g of sugar and raisins, as well as 0.5 l of water. Next, the liqueur is prepared according to the recipe:
- cut apples and quinces, fold them into a glass container with raisins, pour in alcohol and leave for 3 weeks,
- to filter the liquid, and from the fruit to cook a syrup with water and sugar,
- mix these two ingredients and insist at least 2 more weeks.
The tincture is sweet and light. If sugar is replaced with honey and spices are added, it will be thicker and fragrant, well suited to hot winter dishes.
Apple liqueur with oranges
Another recipe for pouring apples from apples at home is prepared with oranges. For 1 kg of apples you need to take 500 g of oranges, 1 l of alcohol and 0.5 l of water, as well as 300 g of sugar. You can add spices to taste: cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and others. Then you can do the preparation of tinctures:
- boil a thick syrup of water and sugar,
- wash and chop the fruits, put them in a glass jar,
- pour them with syrup, alcohol, add spices and leave for 3 months in heat,
- liquid strain and continue to insist bottled.
The longer the brandy will insist on alcohol, the more it will be bright and fragrant. To her taste revealed fully, it is advised to leave the drink for at least 6 months.
Apple Pear Fruit Recipe
Tincture on apples and pears can be prepared not only on vodka or alcohol, but also on cognac. This combination will allow you to fully reveal the taste and aroma of fruits and make a thick spicy drink. For 1 liter of alcohol you will need:
- 500 g of each of their fruits
- 250 g sugar
- 0.5 liters of water
- spices to taste: cinnamon, cloves, mint or lemon balm with nutmeg.
Fruits insist on alcohol for 10 days. Then the liquid is separated using a gauze filter, and the residue is used to prepare the syrup. Fruits bring to a boil with water, sugar and spices, filter. Two components connect and continue to insist. After a few days, the drink can be served.
Pouring baked apples
For tincture fit not only fresh fruit. In winter, it is difficult to find really juicy and fragrant varieties, but in the baking process, their taste becomes richer. For 1 liter of alcohol or vodka take 1 kg of apples and at least 200 g of sugar. Further preparation takes place in several stages:
- cut apples into thin slices, put on a baking dish and sprinkle with sugar,
- put the fruit in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes
- pour alcohol over baked apples and leave for 2 weeks at room temperature,
- strain the drink and pour into the bottle.
Apple juice made should be warmed up before serving. At this stage, you can add spices and spices, as well as a small amount of sweet apple juice.
Homemade tincture of apples and rowan
Apples and chokeberry are a classic combination in the liqueurs. Apples are better to choose only the sweetest varieties, because rowan will give a slight bitterness and will sour in the finished drink. Fruits cut into small slices, add rowan and pour them with vodka so that it covers them a few cm. After 20 minutes, you can add a little alcohol if the apple pulp absorbs it. In this form, the tincture languishes for several weeks in the heat, after which it is filtered through gauze and served to the table.
The pouring of apples and rowan has a rich red color and light sourness. It is served in a decanter, and poured into glasses. The drink is strong enough - before use it can be diluted with water.
Homemade tincture of apples and grapes sweet
Another recipe is a sweet grape-apple tincture. For its preparation you will need 1 kg of oil cake from these fruits, 1 l of vodka and 250 g of raisins. All ingredients are combined and left for 3 weeks in a warm room. When the drink is infused, it can be drained and served. To make it more sweet and reminiscent of cider to taste - add sugar and dilute it with water.
Useful tips and tricks
Tinctures from apples are different, even if they are prepared according to the same recipe. Quality of an alcoholic basis and a grade of apples, and also many other factors matter. There are some simple tips that will allow you to make a really tasty and healthy drink:
- Apple cake should not be thrown away - this is an excellent raw material for liqueurs,
- you should not save on the quality of alcohol - it depends on him whether the tincture will be given with alcohol,
- apples with honey and cinnamon - a classic combination,
- In winter, you can always heat the tincture with the addition of spices.
Putting a tincture of apples on the table for the holiday is a great way to surprise guests. Light, fragrant drink is combined with fruit cutting or dessert, and with hot dishes. It is better to serve it in a beautiful decanter, and to offer guests glasses or glasses - this depends on the strength of the tincture.