Koleriya is light-requiring, however, contact with the scorching sun rays is contraindicated: the leaves may turn yellow and dry. The most suitable place for kolerii will be east or western window sills.
On the south side of the plant is better to put away from the window or to pritenit with a translucent curtain.
On the north window, the light will not be enough. Due to the lack of light, the color may not bloom.
In winter and spring, Colombian beauty especially needs good lighting. Therefore, during this period, it is recommended to arrange additional lighting with fluorescent or phytolamps.
Guest from the tropics prefers warm, and at low temperatures may die. In the summer she will feel comfortable at 22-26 degrees, briefly withstands thirty degrees of heat. In winter, the optimal temperature of the content - 16-20 degrees, but not below 15.
In the warmer months, koleria can be taken out to the open air: in the garden or on the balcony.
Coleria prefers moderate watering. From overwetting delicate roots can quickly rot, and the plant will die.
In spring and summer, in the period of growth and flowering, the need for water is greater than in winter. At this time, the plant should be watered once every 4-5 days - as the top layer of the soil dries.
Since autumn watering frequency is gradually reduced to 1 time in 8-12 days. BUT in the winter moisten the soil every 3-4 weeks, while avoiding complete drying of the soil in the pot.
It is important to try to keep the water from falling on the flowers and leaves. For this reason, it is recommended to produce watering in the pan. For humidification use soft, separated water at room temperature.
Although coleria prefers sufficiently high air humidity, it cannot be sprayed. From water droplets on the leaves of the plant spots appear, provoking rotting.
For the planting of colors, a light, slightly acidic soil is needed, which would allow water to flow well. Of the finished soil mixture suitable substrate for Saintpaulia (violets).
Another option is to prepare the mixture yourself. For the cultivation of kolerii need to choose one of the compositions:
- Leafy ground, peat, sand - in proportion 4: 1: 1,
- Leaf ground, sand, peat, humus - in the ratio 2: 1: 1: 1,
- Sod, leaf soil, peat, sand - in a ratio of 1: 1: 2: 1.
It is recommended to add a few pieces of charcoal to any of the mixtures: it will absorb excess moisture. At the bottom of the pot must put a 2-centimeter layer of drainage from pieces of bricks, pebbles or expanded clay.
Top dressing is carried out from April to October. Regularity - once every 10-20 days. For this purpose, it is preferable to use liquid fertilizers for flowering houseplants. Concentration should be 2 times weaker than indicated on the package.
Coleria prefers high humidity - more than 60% - but it can endure quite dry air in apartments. Anyway, pot plant should be placed away from heating devices.
To create favorable conditions, the plant can be put in a pan filled with always wet clay or stones.
Another option is to arrange a container with water around the plant: evaporating, it will increase the humidity. You can use a humidifier.
To humidify the air around the plant from a fine-grained atomizer, while ensuring that water droplets do not fall on the leaves and flowers.
The kolerii has features of leaving in the winter, the period of rest comes. Basically, the aboveground part of the plant does not die off; therefore, it is not necessary to remove the stems and leaves. It is recommended only to shorten very long shoots.
During the rest period, the temperature of the content decreases to 16-19 degrees.. Watering is rare, only so that the earthy lump does not dry out completely.
To maintain the decorative appearance of the kerya needs trimming and nip.
For the formation of the crown of a plant, it is necessary to pin down shoots that grow and grow too much.
Removing the tops will help the plant to branch more. and form more buds on the side shoots.
The cuttings obtained after pruning can be used to propagate the range.
Consider how to care for color at home during illness. Among the diseases, powdery mildew and gray rot can be a danger to the kaleria.
To solve the problem, the diseased leaves are removed, and the plant is treated with a fungicide - Fundazole or Fitosporin.
Of the pests possible damage by aphids, spider mites, thrips. You can remove them by wiping the plant with a sponge dipped in soapy water.
If there are too many insects, treatment with insecticide is necessary. - Aktar, Aktellik or Nurell-D.
- The appearance of light brown spots on the leaves indicates sunburn,
- Leaves curl due to low humidity
- Why is there no bloom: insufficient lighting, lack of nutrients, the wrong temperature,
- The plant is drawn out due to lack of light.
Coleria is propagated by rhizome division and seeds.
Rhizomes divide optimally in early springuntil the flower began to grow. With a sharp knife, it is divided into 2-3 parts, each of which is planted in an individual container, no deeper than 2 cm. With regular watering, a new plant will very soon form.
Seeds are sown at the end of winter in containers, they are not covered with earth..
The container is covered with glass and is contained at a temperature of 22-24 degrees. Need daily ventilation, moisture - as needed.
After 10-12 days shoots should appear. When 2-3 true leaves appear in them, a pick will be made into separate pots.
Plant transplants are made as needed when the roots fill the pot completely.
As a rule, this is once in 1-2 years. The optimal method of transplanting coli - transshipment, because kolerii very fragile roots.
A new pot should be slightly larger than the previous one. Colombian beauty needs a wide and shallow pots.
Optimal conditions in the house for growing cropsKoleriya is unpretentious, and therefore even a novice florist can cope with its cultivation and care. Kohleriy attracts plant growers in continuous flowering, but such an effect can be achieved only if some simple rules are observed.
In order for the plant to enjoy active growth and generous flowering, you will need to choose the right place for the flower, to ensure optimum irrigation of the colors, correct pruning and feeding. It is equally important when choosing a place for the installation to make sure that it does not suffer from drafts.
The soil for the crop should meet the following criteria: have a high degree of friability, good aeration and moisture permeability, and also have a low acidity.
Location and lighting
Koleriya is absolutely unpretentious, but for her to grow normally, she will need to choose the right place in the house. She will feel fine at moderate temperatures and sufficient air humidity.
Koleriya is light-requiring, but it does not tolerate direct sunlight. In order for the plant to receive sufficient sunlight, the pots should be placed on the western or eastern windows.
You should not place the plant on the northern windowsills, as it will suffer from a lack of light, while on the south it will receive it more than the norm, which will also have a bad effect on its development.
Temperature mode: summer-winterKoleriya is a heat and light-loving plant. In spring and summer, it will require a temperature of 22 to 25 ° C. But the wintering of the range should take place at a temperature of 15 to 20 ˚C. During the budding period, it will be necessary to lower the temperature in the room to +12 ° C, since otherwise the color of the flowers will be dull.
Watering mode: summer-winter
For normal growth, the colouration needs high-quality watering; for this purpose, only distilled water is used. Koleriya, despite the luxurious appearance, is a very modest and undemanding plant. But in order for a beautiful woman to feel fine, it is necessary to remember that she comes from a humid forest tropics, and this will require regular and high-quality watering.Of course, it’s foolish to hope that in an ordinary apartment you can recreate the climate typical of the jungle, but systematic humidification of the air will make the life of the plant more comfortable.
Koleria will respond with active flowering if you provide it with generous watering, protection from drafts and plenty of sunlight.
In autumn and winter, the frequency of watering is reduced: the next watering is carried out only after the top layer of soil in the pot dries out slightly. During the cultivation of the kaleriya, only lower watering is permissible, since the ingress of moisture on the leaves may cause their defeat by rot.
In connection with the halo of habitat, koleria belongs to moisture-loving crops, and therefore its cultivation in a room with overdried air will have a bad effect on the development of bushes. When cultivating a flower, it is necessary to be extremely attentive and make sure that moisture does not fall on its flowers, stems and leaves.Due to the fact that the whole plant is covered with a small pile, it is not recommended to spray it with a sprayer to increase the humidity, it is much safer to put a pot of paint on a tray filled with wet clay, or place a container with water next to it.
It is also permissible to simply spray the air around the plant with a spray.
Top dressing and fertilizer
Coleria needs a systematic introduction of fertilizers, and fertilizing is especially important for plants at the flowering stage. Fertilizers should be introduced once a week, from April to August, during active growth of the bush. In the dormant period, the plants are not fed.
Fertilizers for flowering plants in which nitrogen and potassium are contained in equal proportions, and the dose of phosphorus is significantly increased, are recommended for fertilizing the colli at the flowering stage. Ideally, fertilizers will be prepared according to the formula NPK = 20-50-20.
Cropping and crown formation
Coleria – ampelnoy plant, which can be cultivated in the form of a bush. Regardless of the shape chosen, pruning a bush is an important event that helps to maintain a given shape and contributes to the rejuvenation of the bush. If you do not carry out timely trimming of the range, then its shoots are drawn out and form a smaller number of peduncles.During pruning, all dried, diseased and damaged stems are removed. Pruning bush make a sterile instrument. To give the plant an upright shape, all shoots that have reached a length of 20 to 30 cm are shortened by a third. Removing the tops of the shoots encourages the plant to actively form young branches.
All about the transplantation of koleriya at home
Transplantation of the range is carried out at least once a year, due to its active growth rate. In order not to cause harm, it is necessary to know when to make a transplant. Transplanting plants that are at the stage of active growth is strictly prohibited. Repot only bushes that are at rest.
So that during the manipulation does not harm the plant, you should act very carefully.
Landing is carried out in the substrate consisting of a part of sod land, two parts of peat, one part of leafy ground and a part of purified sand in the ratio of 1x2x1x1. Instead of river sand, you can use vermiculite. In addition, in each pot you need to add charcoal, which will prevent the defeat of the plant root rot.
Methods of breeding kolerii
Koleriya breeds in several ways: division of rhizomes, cuttings and seeds. The plant has increased root formation, and in order to get healthy and strong cuttings, you can simply put the cut parts of the plant shoots into the water, and after the roots have appeared, transplant them into the pot.
Feature of the range is the presence of a rime. Reese - creeping root-like underground stem. It is thickened because starch stocks accumulate in it, and new shoots and roots of the plant are formed from the rhizome in a sexless way. The difference of rhizomes from the roots is that they have buds, nodes and scaly leaves. There are also air rhizomes in kolerii.
When planting kolerii you need to choose a pot size: in too large a capacity soil souring will occur, and in a small root system will not be able to develop normally due to lack of space.
Division of rhizomes
By dividing the rhizomes, the easiest way to propagate colony is done during spring transplantation. To get several plants from one bush, you should carefully divide the rhizomes into several parts and plant them in new pots. It is important that each of the parts have a pair of healthy shoots and a sufficient number of roots for active growth.
Seeds of seeds
Reproduction of seeds by seeds is the most difficult way. In addition, plants obtained from seeds rarely retain their varietal characteristics.
Seeding is carried out in late February or early March. They are simply laid out on the surface of the substrate consisting of equal parts of sand and peat. After the grains are laid out, the soil is systematically moistened with an atomizer, and the capacity itself to maintain a stable microclimate is covered with a film or glass.
Seeds germinate in 2 to 3 weeks. After the seedlings are strong, they are transplanted into separate containers and are further cared for, like adult specimens.
Pests, possible problems and diseases of the range
Colerium is sufficiently resistant to phytoinfections and pests. More often, all her illnesses are caused by a disorder of care.
The most common problems arising from the cultivation of kalerii:
- No flowering - indicates that the plant suffers from a lack of sunlight or nutrients. This problem can be solved by rearranging the plant to a more lighted place and introducing feeding.
- The appearance of dark spots on the leaves - due to irrigation with cold water. Do not forget that watering the bushes is permissible only with well-settled water at room temperature.
- Yellowing and excessive stretching of shoots - The plant suffers from a lack of ultraviolet. Improve the appearance of the plant will help his shift to a lighter place.
- Leaf curl - a symptom of the fact that the bush suffers from a lack of moisture. To increase the humidity, place water containers next to the pot.
- Lethargy leaves - A sign that the roots of the bush are affected by root rot. The problem can be solved by transplanting a plant into a new soil and completely removing the damaged roots.
- Thermal burns arise when the bush is irradiated by direct sunlight. To stop the suffering of the plant, simply move it to another place, and remove the damaged leaves.
- The appearance of gray bloom indicates infection of the bush with oidium. To cope with the disease will help the treatment of leaves with soap and water.
Types of colors: photos of indoor crops
In nature, there are several dozen types of kolerii, but only a small part is grown as a pot culture. This plant has differences:
- in crown sizes,
- in the color of foliage and flowers,
- in the place of growth in natural conditions.
Kohleria amabilis is pleasant, or Kohleria amabilis is distinguished by a dark green or brownish foliage color with a silvery thick pile. Stems, cuttings and veins have a purple tint. On peduncles one, two or less often three flowers are revealed. The color of the corolla can vary from pale pink or orange to purple. In the type depicted in the photo, colors are not uncommon two-tone beaters with a variegated speckled throat.
Kohleria eriantha fluffystroke color koleria is most often found in indoor conditions. Plants are easily recognizable by olive-green pubescent leaves, which, due to the reddish hairs, appear brown at the edges. The flowers of this species of color, as in the photo, have a predominantly bright orange-red color. In the mouth of the bell, the shade is replaced by yellow. The petals are scattered red or burgundy spots. On the peduncles revealed several colors at once.
Kohleria bogotensis or, in the alternative opinion of botanists, Kohleria amabilis var. Bogotensis, can be recognized by green leaves and red-yellow flowers with burgundy specks on the inner surface of the petals and pharynx.
In addition to the variety with a smooth green color of foliage, there are specimens of this type of variety, as in the photo, which amazes the grower of dark, brown-green foliage and the same shoots.
Kolesia Varshevich or Kohleria warszewiczii is another plant species that deserves the attention of indoor plants. In this large variety of variety:
- fairly dense erect stems of a dark green color,
- pointy-elliptical leaves,
- unusual flowers with lilac or pinkish tube and light yellow-green petals, covered with purple or brownish specks.
Часто используется другое название изображенного на фото вида – колерия наперстянкоцветная или Kohleria digitaliflora.
Домашний уход за колерией
Колерия – одно из самых неприхотливых растений семейства. Она без каких-либо проблем растет и цветет при комнатных температурах. Culture loves light, but in the hot sun it can wither, lose its decorativeness and throw flowers before its time, so it is better to provide shading for the midday hours on the southern windows. When there is a shortage of sunlight, the shoots are drawn out, becoming disproportionately thin and weak. The leaves are shallow, flowering is not happy mass.
In the cold season, many plants shed their leaves, complete flowering, and over time, all of the aboveground part of them will die. In this case, the air temperature is better to reduce by 5–7 ° C and reduce watering, only occasionally moistening the soil. In the spring, when the roots show signs of awakening, the pots are exposed to light and resume the former care of the color.
If for the winter the kolery, as in the photo, retains the foliage, it still needs light, regular, but not as abundant as the watering in summer and the temperature of the content is 16–18 ° C.
In addition to watering and maintaining the optimum temperature, caring for the home at home includes measures to humidify the air, which is especially useful on hot days and with heating on.
In spring, the grafts are transplanted into nutrient friable soil. To do this, take the finished mixture for senpoly or universal substrate for flowering crops. Since the rhizomes of the plant are shallow under the surface, it is better to choose wide, not too deep containers, at the bottom of which the drainage is necessarily arranged.
Replanting is used for reproduction of parts of rhizomes. Small fragments with several dormant buds are separated from the parent plant, dried, and instilled into the soil to a depth of 2 cm. After that, it is only necessary to moisten the soil. And when sprouts appear above its surface, they begin systematic care of the crop, including monthly supplements, which continue until the autumn.
Mandatory stage of care for the home of the farm - the formation of the crown. It consists in pinching growing and lodging shoots. Top removal stimulates:
- the awakening of the axillary buds,
- formation on the side shoots of new buds.
The cuttings obtained during the nipping can be rooted in water or in the substrate, thus obtaining not only a compact flowering plant, but also new young ones of the favorite species.
When a pair of adult leaves appear on a small bush, the top is clamped again to start the formation of a crown. If the forming is not carried out, in most species of the shoot the shoots lain, turning the plant into ampelous.
How to care for the clergy
Choosing a place
Coleria loves the light but reasonablytherefore, it should be placed on the windowsill of the western and eastern windows or at some distance from the southern window. The abundance of light in the midday hours will lead to blanching of the color on the leaves, and the direct rays of the sun will cause burns. Insufficient lighting will cause the stems to stretch and thin, they will grow weak and ugly.
The heat-loving Colombian beauty hardly endures a cold snap below 15 °, even in the winter she must be warm. The optimum temperature in summer is 23-27 °, in winter - about 17-19 °.
The soil can be prepared independently by mixing peat, garden soil, sand and sawdust. Also perfect prefabricated soil for gloxinia or Saintpaulia. A drainage layer of any stones must be laid on the bottom to avoid stagnation of water in the pot.
Picking up a new pot, consider the features of the root system. Rhizomes grow to the sides, not going deep down much, so the pots should be wide enough and not particularly deep.
How to propagate an exotic plant
To propagate koleria in the following ways:
Root separation is performed during transplantation with a sharp knife. Very easy and affordable method, the main disadvantage of which is the small number of new plants.
Here you will learn how to care and water charming Campanula at home.
Interesting Coleus, taking care of him at home is presented in this article.
Seeds to get yourself quite difficult, easier to buy ready-made in the garden center. They are planted in a small box, not sprinkling on top of the soil. Prior to the appearance of sprouts, a container with seeds is covered with glass or a film of polyethylene.
Possible problems of development
In general, an unpretentious plant can get sick if serious errors are made in caring for it.
- The leaves, twisting at the ends, signal that the air is very dry and needs to be moistened.
- Spring is long gone, but all the flowers are not? So, the colors are not enough power and light. Add fertilizer, move the pot to a lighter place.
- Ugly dark blots on the leaves appear when using cold water for irrigation. Tropical beauty just freezes!
- If the deep green color on the leaves turns pale, turning yellow in some places, then the supply of trace elements exceeds the needs of the plant. Reduce the amount of fertilizer and the frequency of their application.
- Koleriya doesn’t like it when she is touched and constantly touched; she reacts to such “familiarity” by drying and dropping the leaves. Even worse, pets use it as a snack or toy.
The dense pubescence of the colony repels most of the harmful insects, making it difficult for them to approach the tasty leaves and stems. However, such stubborn and omnivorous parasites as aphid, mealybugs and spider mites will gladly destroy this beautiful plant. The timely use of biological or chemical means will relieve home flowers from the invasion of pests. Decis, Aktellik, Karate, Intavir will effectively cope with the aphids. Biotlin, Confidor, Applaud, Mospilan will be relieved of the worms. Against ticks can be applied Nissoran, Omayt, Oberon, Borneo, Aktofit.
Lighting and location
Koleria is the plant that loves the light, but at the same time it is necessary to avoid direct sunlight on its flowers and leaves, because they are very gentle and can fade, so in order to provide the right light, you need to place the plant where the light is scattered. To do this, perfectly fit the western or eastern windows in the house. And placing it on the northern windowsill, you can only achieve its growth, but not flowering. In case of insufficient lighting, the plant simply will not bloom., its leaves will become elongated and pale.
If the colony is grown in southern latitudes, where the summer sun is even more aggressive, then you should pay attention to its location. It is also extremely important not to place the range of radiators, because there is a low humidity.
The period of flowering of Corelia begins in July and ends in November. And, in order to make the plant blossom, which it may not do at all, the following conditions must be created:
- Place the flower in a well-lit place.
- Avoid overdrying of the soil, i.e. timely and proper watering.
- The pot should not be too small and not too large.
- Getting rid of large and long shoots.
- Providing nutrient soil.
Division of rhizomes
- The rhizome must be divided into three parts with a sharp knife, and each separated piece must be planted in an individual pot, where the ground has already been prepared.
- The rhizome is buried by 2-3 cm in the ground, then moderately watered with settled water at room temperature.
This method of breeding a flower is one of the easiest.
Pests and diseases
Koleriya - very unpretentious plant, requiring the conditions that can be easily achieved, if you are careful. But at the same time it is a very delicate plant, and if it is not properly handled, its appearance may become less attractive.
- If the colony does not bloom for a long time, then you need to pay attention to lighting and feeding.
- If the stems and leaves become sluggish, you need to cut off the grown shoots and change the substrate.
- If leaves are yellowing, the air is too humid and there is a surplus of fertilizers in the soil.
- If the leaves and buds begin to fall, you need to feed the substrate.
- The yellow leaves on the spots are burns, which means that direct sunlight must be avoided.
- White stains on the leaves appear only if moisture gets on them, so in no case should not be sprayed.
- If the leaves curl, then you need to increase the humidity and observe temperature.
- In the case of pallor and elongation, you need to increase the amount of light. This happens when the flower is placed on the north window sill in the house.
- Dark spots on the leaves appear as a result of watering with cold, not settled water.
Quite a common form, characterized by velvety leaves with veins in the middle, and below - fringe. When growing Fluffy flower variety can reach 5 cm.
Difference from other varieties is noticeable already from the appearance of the bud: it is bright red or orange, and, having opened, it shows its spotted limb.
Flowers are very small, but have nice shades of pink. On the limb there is a pattern of speck.
The maximum height of this variety is slightly more than 0.5 meters. The leaves are large, oval-shaped and dark in color, the flowers are red or orange on the outside and almost yellow on the inside. Crimson spots on the limb are a feature of this class.
In height, this plant can reach only 40 cm, which makes it possible to attribute it to medium-sized specimens. Flowers are different in that they are more elongated and do not have clearly expressed limb. Bright red flowers are perfectly combined with green velvety leaves.
Koleriya is a beautiful decoration of your home, besides it is the plant perfectly cleans the air from various harmful impurities and dust, absolutely harmless to children, people with allergies and pets. If the range is provided with proper care, including compliance with all the rules, it will always delight you with its aesthetic and attractive appearance.
Kaleria (koleriya) belongs to the family of Gesnerian, in nature it grows in the tropics of equatorial America.
The leaves of the plant reach a length of 15 cm, their surface is covered with a small red or white nap. Color varies depending on the type of flower (there are olive, bronze, silvery, dark green leaves with light streaks).
Abundant flowering is especially appreciated by flower growers planting a plant. Bell-shaped flowers of various colors, usually with 5 petals, are arranged in 1-3 pieces. on the peduncle. Hybrids have cherry, amethyst and other interesting shades, in nature, this plant blooms pink-white, red-orange, brown-white flowers. Petals are usually not monophonic, but with a pattern - specks, strokes, stripes.
Flowers of kaleria immediately attract attention
Kaleria is picky in care, so it is easy to grow at home.
And the simplicity and abundant flowering is different kampanula. Read more about this plant in the material: https://diz-cafe.com/rastenija/kampanula-uxod-za-izyashhnymi-kolokolchikami-v-domashnix-usloviyax.html
The main types of flower
- Fluffy color. The plant is quite high - up to 0.8 m in height, with green leaves covered with reddish nap. Bright red flowers with yellow dots on the petals are very effective.
- Digitalis color. The flowers are bell-shaped with a wide limb. The whole plant is covered with white hairs.
- Pleasant. Leaves are silvery-green with purple veins. Flowers pink, small - about 2 cm.
Table: what conditions are required depending on the season
Kaleria in the wild grows on stony poor soils, so it is not very demanding on the ground. Repot it if the rhizome has already completely filled the pot. The best time for transplanting (more precisely - for transshipment) is spring. For plants should take a shallow and wide capacity.
Transplanted kaleria by transshipment
A mixture of land: 2 parts of leafy land, 1 part of peat, 1 part of sand, 0.5 parts of humus, some charcoal (to absorb excess moisture). You can also buy ready-made soil for Saintpaulia or Gloxinia. At the bottom of the pot must be placed a 2-centimeter layer of drainage - pebbles, expanded clay, bricks.
You do not need to clean the root from the ground; you can immediately put it in a new container by transfer and sprinkle it with fresh substrate.
Coleria: care and cultivation at home
Irrigation mode for kaleriya - moderate - once a week (but more frequent in the heat). The soil layer should not be too dry. It is important to observe the measure and to prevent neither overwetting nor drying out. Excess moisture threatens to rot the roots, which are acutely responsive to excess water. Water is needed at room temperature, be sure to be separated (ideally, use rain or melt). Water can not be poured on the leaves.
When watering water should not fall on the leaves and flowers
In the fall, watering is reduced, and in winter the flower is watered when the topsoil is dry.
Feeding kalerii highly desirable in the period of growth and flowering. You can use special fertilizers for Saintpaulia or orchids, but diluted 2 times more from the recommendations in the instructions.
Orchid fertilizers can be used to feed the kaleria.
It is also possible to use any dressings for flowering houseplants. Kaleria is fertilized in spring and summer once a month. During the rest period, recharge is not required.
Biohumus is also recommended, it is introduced before the formation of buds, it helps to develop lush foliage.
Bush kalerii can be formed at the discretion of the owner. The plant can be “directed” along different paths and get an ampelous (hanging) or upright bush plant. Cut the shoots to the beginning of the formation of buds with disinfected sharp scissors. Cut tops can be used to produce a new, independent plant. To get an ampelous plant, you do not need to prune - the stretched shoots under their own weight will begin to hang down.
One of the ways to locate long shoots is to install a support.
Flowering and resting period
Kaleria blooms in summer, in September it blooms and prepares to retire until next spring. After flowering, remove all flower stalks and dry flowers. The foliage remains on the plant, so the bush can be left in the same place, only by lowering the temperature to 16-18 o C. Feeding is stopped, watering becomes more rare.
During the rest period of kaleria, it is necessary to provide a lower temperature, reduce watering.
There are types of kaleriya that fade with the end of flowering. Then all the aboveground parts of the plant are cut off, leaving the rhizome in the pot. It is left in a dark cool (about 13 o C) place. It is there until January, periodically the land should be watered so that the roots are not dried.
Some types of kaleriya are able to bloom all year round.
Table: How do care errors manifest and what to do to remedy the situation
- Spray more often - the mite does not like a wet environment.
- Remove damaged leaves.
- It is difficult to pick up an insecticide, since almost all are designed for spraying, and it is undesirable for kaleria leaves to come in contact with moisture, otherwise new problems will arise. You can shed the soil with a solution of the drug Aktara.
Ruellia is also unpretentious and does not require complex care, but can not boast the duration of flowering. More information can be found in the material: https://diz-cafe.com/rastenija/ruelliya-uhod-v-domashnih-usloviyah-foto.html
- Prepare cuttings - cut off the top of the stems.
- To powder slices Kornevin.
- Place in water (heating from below will accelerate the appearance of roots).
- When the roots appear, plant in a small pot (necessary soil: sand or a mixture of peat and sand).
Kaleria, grown from cuttings
Flower growers reviews about growing
Kaleria - when you pronounce this name, it seems that it rolls over in the language. I have been growing for many years now and I cannot rejoice at it, I can enjoy it all day long. Kaleria is not too whimsical, but it loves the sunny window-sill and does not tolerate drafts at all. But it grows and blooms almost continuously. And what beautiful flowers she has! The shape of the flower resembles a bell with an unusual spotty-red coloring. And this beautiful flower multiplies very simply - it is necessary after the flowering to trim the top and put it in the water. And after the appearance of the first roots - boldly plant in a pot of soil. I always take the usual garden soil, all my indoor plants just wonderful grow and bloom in it. Watering kaleriya must be very careful, trying to prevent water from falling on the leaves, from this they rot. If you follow these simple rules, then this beauty will take a lot of pleasant moments and lift your spirits.
Kohler needs to be formed from a small cutting. As soon as a process of 5 centimeters appears, we begin to pinch. It will branch and form into a bush. It takes a little bloom.
She should rest in a cool dark place in winter, I put in a black bag and put it under the balcony door, in January-February I take it out and very carefully, so as not to pour and ruin, I start watering.
Освещение солнечное, полив обильный, не переносит опрыскивание, обрезка не требуется, размножение верхушечными черенками или делением корня, подкормка с весны до осени через 2–4 недели. Желаю удачи! Цветок шикарный, но вредный.
Калерия прекрасно подходит для выращивания в домашних условиях. She does not need frequent watering, any special conditions of detention, lighting, humidity. And beautiful flowers delight owners for quite a long time.
Description and features
Flower koleiya refers to the genus of the same name, consisting of about 65 different species. Among them are herbaceous perennials and dwarf shrubs. They are characterized by tuberous scaly rhizomes - rhizomes.
The leaves are egg-shaped, slightly oblong, arranged oppositely on the stems. The surface is fleecy, edges are crenchatye. Color from light olive to dark green. A characteristic feature of the leaves - they clearly stand out light or red streaks. Hybrid species are distinguished by increased ornamental, silvery or bronze sheen of leaves.
Smears bloom profusely. The flowers of the bell-shaped form are single, or they gather in two to three pieces on short axillary peduncles. In some species, the flowers are similar in shape to a thimble. Red, orange, brown, pink shades prevail in the color of natural species. Almost always there is an additional color in the form of spots, specks, strokes.
Different types of colors are easily crossed. In addition to natural forms, breeders deduced many hybrid varieties. They are more interesting, rich colors. There are varieties with golden, amethyst, tiger flowers.
In room culture is grown many types of colors. Practically each of them has interesting hybrid varieties. The best known are 11 varieties.
- Bogotskaya. In nature, it grows on stony soil. Stems are straight, without branching. Oval dark green leaves are covered with rather sparse whitish hairs. On each pedicel, two flowers bloom. On top of the flowers are scarlet, mottled at the bottom.
- Stately. Foliage glossy, grassy, quilted surface. The flowers are large, bright. The color is orange, with an admixture of burgundy color.
- Hairy. Shoots straight, with light whitish pubescence. Characterized by a pronounced bronze color of the leaves. The outer side of the flower is scarlet, the inner side is lilac, with burgundy splashes.
- Koloskovaya. An interesting miniature variety, originally from Mexico. The leaves are oblong, with a pointed end. The color is grayish, silverish pubescence. Bright scarlet flowers are collected in the likeness of an ear.
- Linden. Low shrub, up to 30 cm. The plant is densely pubescent. Light streaks are clearly pronounced on the green background of the leaves. Flowers bloom individually or are collected in pieces of three. Outside the flower is white, inside - purple.
- Digitalis flower. It differs from other varieties by a thicker pubescence, an interesting form of flowers. Large leaves have an ovoid shape. Flowers axillary, solitary, white-purple colors.
- Uneven. One of the smallest varieties. The flowers are bright red, elongated shape. On the inside is a purple pattern.
- Pleasant. Mountain tall variety kolerii. The leaves are motley - green, interspersed with silver and brown. Flowers elongated, red with white.
- Koveriya fluffytotsvetkovaya. The center of the leaves is green, the edges are red. Differs thick pubescence. In the color of flowers combined red and yellow.
- Trubkotsvetkovaya. Tall species, up to 60 cm. The shoots are straight, do not branch. The foliage is oval, with a sharp end, grassy color. The flowers are orange-red, tubular, of equal thickness along the entire length.
- Wool. The leaves are covered with a brownish nap. Flowers in the form of a tube. They have an interesting coloring - brown streaks stand out on a beige background. The edges of the petals are outlined in white.
Color care, soil and moisture requirements
Flower care is not very complicated; it is a rather unpretentious culture. She easily adapts to the conditions of the apartment. The main requirements for good growth and friendly flowering - full coverage and timely watering.
- Lighting Coleria prefers bright lighting. It is placed on the southern, eastern, western windows. In the summer, be sure to prune with tulle so that the tender leaves do not get sunburn. From the north side it can actively develop, but will not bloom.
- Temperature . Coleria prefers moderate heat around 18–24 ° C. When the temperature rises, it fades, languishes. In hot weather, the room is ventilated daily, the tractor is removed from the window. In winter, the air temperature should not fall below 15 ° C.
- Watering Properly water the pot along the edge of the pot, avoiding dropping on the leaves and stems. In the reviews, experienced growers are advised to use wick irrigation. Another good option is watering by immersion. Water necessarily soften - defend or add a tool for aquariums. Watered moderately, but maintain stable humidity. In winter, watered rarely, in small doses.
- Humidity In hot weather, the colors need high humidity. But spraying is contraindicated - stains remain on the foliage of water, the risk of rotting increases. Humidity is increased in other ways - the pot is put on a tray with a filler, systematically moisturize it. The use of special humidifiers is encouraged.
- The soil . Choose a nutritious, light soil with low acidity. Use store mix for Gesneria or mix hardwood, peat, turf, sand and perlite. Charcoal is used as a useful additive.
- Transplant Transplanted annually in early spring. Act carefully so as not to damage the rhizome. Some growers prefer to use the transshipment method. The root system expands to the sides, so the pot uses a wide, small depth. Drainage - a prerequisite.
- Top dressing. Choose fertilizers for violets or Gesneria. Sometimes you can feed organics. Fertilizers begin to make in early spring, simultaneously with the beginning of active growth. In the summer, they maintain two-week intervals between dressings. In winter, there is no urgent need for nutrients - the feeding is temporarily suspended.
Frequent florist mistakes
Failure to comply with the rules of care sometimes leads to loss of decorativeness, weakening of the range. Flower growers have to deal with the lack of flowering, pallor of leaves, rot, the appearance of spots. The most common mistakes of gardeners are described in detail in the table.
Table - Errors florist when growing colors