Kufei, flower universal. Almost all of its species can be equally grown on a flower garden and as a houseplant, at home. Here are the nuances of growing kufei at home and will be discussed. I want to note right away that the most suitable for indoor cultivation of kufeya is exopolite and kufeya is fiery red. This is not due to some of their special properties, but mainly compact size, allowing you to easily place the coffee in a limited space of the room.
Lighting and temperature content
For this flower any well-lit place is suitable. If the size allows you to keep it on the window sill, then it is better if it is a window sill of the east orientation. Near it kufeya will receive the necessary lighting, without the risk of getting burned from direct sunlight. The same applies to the western windows. When placed at the southern windows need protection from excessively bright sun. Northern window sills are lit poorly and therefore unsuitable for growing most houseplants.
The temperature of kufeya prefers moderate. But in the summer it is better to bring to fresh air. Fit and ordinary balcony. In winter, a little harder. At this time, the plant is resting and it requires appropriate conditions for this. The most comfortable temperature for kufei in winter is within + 15-18 degrees, but it can tolerate lower temperatures (up to +8 degrees).
Watering, air humidity, dressing
In summer, the kufei should be watered regularly and abundantly But especially not to get involved. It will easily transfer short-term dryness of the soil, and, on the contrary, it very badly reacts to waterlogging and may suffer. Therefore, before the next watering should be allowed to dry the top layer of earth in a pot. In winter, watering is significantly reduced.
The dry air of kufeya carries very easily. Therefore, in the additional moistening of the air practically does not need. But periodic spraying and bathing under a warm shower will bring nothing but good.
It feeds kufeya only during active growth, in the warm season. For dressings, you can use the usual complex fertilizer for flowering plants, following the recommendations on the package. You can make them and during irrigation, but in a much lower concentration.
Regular annual pruning is required. They not only give a neat look to the plant, but also contribute to a more lush bloom. Kufei easily tolerates pruning and the crown can be formed of any shape and size according to your desire. The cuffs are pruned in the spring. During the summer, pinching can limit its growth and maintain the desired shape of the crown.
You can get young plants from both seeds and cut cuttings of the mother plant.
Reproduction of kufei seeds almost no different from the cultivation of other plants in this way. In fact, it’s like growing seedlings. But it should be noted that when sowing, seeds of kufei should not be buried deep in the ground, but only slightly pressed into the soil. Also in the process of germinating seeds need good lighting and temperature in the range of + 20-22 degrees.
Reproduction of kufei cuttings is also not difficult. The easiest way to root Kufa in a container of water. Suitable for rooting apical half-lignified cuttings. Roots appear pretty quickly. Often, a week later, the stalk acquires its own roots. When they grow up, young plants can be planted in the ground.
Passion for flowers leads almost all lovers to the search for new plants, which so far few of the garden plots grow. Everyone wants to put it on different from others surrounding a certain uniqueness. For this reason, every year a flower plant, such as kufei, which is actually in demand, is becoming increasingly in demand.
Care, species, reproduction, rules of planting this plant - the questions, the answers to which are still little known completely. Therefore, it is worth talking on this topic in more detail. This will save many flower growers from doubts whether it is worth cultivating such a magnificent plant as kufeya on a plot or at home.
Care and maintenance of kufei at home
At the numerous requests of flower growers to tell about the plant of kufeya (planting and care, where to grow and whether it will grow at home), we can say that this flower lives beautifully on window sills. In this case, it requires the following care.
- Optimal for good development of this plant are those temperatures that range from +20 to +25 in the summer period, and with the onset of cold weather - from +15 to +18 degrees.
- The room where you plan to land the kufeya should be bright enough so that she can feel comfortable. The most successful place will be windows that are oriented to the east or west. A certain amount of direct rays of the sun also does not harm the plant.
- In the summer, be sure to be abundant watering. In the fall it is reduced, and in the winter it is necessary to reduce to moderate, although the complete drying of the soil should not be allowed.
Under such conditions, Koufea will feel very good and please with abundant and long flowering.
Basic rules for keeping kufei at home
At home for such plants as kufeya, care, cultivation, watering, planting should be carried out in compliance with certain rules. If we consider them in more detail, we can distinguish the following main areas:
- The plant requires moderate air humidity, so spraying the flower should be carried out from time to time.
- Transplantation should be carried out annually, but only in the spring. The earthen mixture for kufei should consist of equal amounts of humus, peat, sod, and leafy land, to which ½ of the sand is added. At the bottom of the dishes, where the plant will be transplanted, drainage is compulsory.
- Top dressing is carried out with mineral fertilizer intended for flowering indoor plants in the spring and summer. Perform this procedure at least once every 2 weeks.
- Spring pruning is a major step in caring for a plant like kufea. Pruning is to transform the crown of this flowering dwarf shrub to the desired shape and size.
The most careful formation of the crown requires such a subspecies of this plant, as the kufeya izopolistnaya. After you have spent it in the spring, in the summer it will be enough to support the created form with periodic pinching produced at the tips of the shoots. The best forms of crown for this plant are considered spherical and pyramidal.
How to grow a plant from seed?
For many who wish to have such a plant as kufeya (cuphea) on their plot or on the window sill, leaving and growing it from seeds remains a mystery. Therefore, they are looking for such information in various sources.
This plant from seeds is grown quite easily. In early spring, they are sown in a pan with a special earth mixture and lightly sprinkled with soil on top.
The tray prepared in this way is placed in a dark polyethylene bag or covered with thick paper. When the seeds begin to germinate, it is necessary to transfer it to the bright window sill.
The grown shoots are seated one by one in small containers. Care must be taken to ensure that the soil does not dry out. After the seedlings grow, you will need to select the strongest shoots and transplant them into separate pots, the diameter of which is not less than 11 centimeters.
Types and subspecies of kufei
Several subspecies, donated by modern selection, has a giant kufea. Care, cultivation behind them is carried out according to the general rules for all plants of this family. Most of all recognized by amateur growers such representatives of this class as:
- Kufeya is a copty. This is a semi-shrub plant that reaches a height of 50 centimeters. The leaves of it are located on rather short cuttings oppositely. In length, they reach 2.5 cm, and in width - 0.5 cm. The shape of the leaves of this plant is lanceolate, and the color is dark green. Small flowers, 1 cm in diameter, solitary. Their color is lilac or pink. The bushiness of this plant species is quite strong, and the dimensions are very compact. This gives an excellent opportunity to grow this subspecies as a bonsai.
- Kufeya fire red. It grows as a half-shrub, which reaches a height of half a meter. The leaves have an ovate-lanceolate form. They are also located on rather short petioles, opposite, and reach up to 5 cm in length and 2 cm in width. Their color is dark green. Single flowers of red color with purple limb in diameter reach 3 cm.
Possible plant problems
When it comes to such a plant as kufeya, planting and care, where to grow - this is not quite complete information that flower growers need. It is necessary to find out the question of the possible pests of this magnificent flower, so as not to be caught unawares by his illness.
The most dangerous parasite that can hit a plant is aphid. In order to get rid of this scourge, you must first rinse the plant under running cold water, and then treat it with an insecticide.
In the case when the plant is affected by thrips (the leaves are severely deformed, and their tips become jagged), the treatment should be the same. And in the event that the leaves have acquired brown spots, it is necessary to enhance the lighting, which the plant lacks, and remove the drafts that are detrimental to it. Leaves that have been damaged should be completely removed.
Tips for amateur growers
For flower growers who dream of a plant like Kufei, care tips for them will be as follows:
- The temperature for this plant should not fall below + 12 ° C, as the kufeya is very thermophilic.
- Illumination this flower prefers bright, but at the same time diffused. Direct sunlight is acceptable only at noon.
- Watering should be abundant in the summer, and fall to scanty in the fall.
- Mineral fertilizers for fertilizing are used the same as for the other indoor plants.
That's all the tips for a plant like kufea. Planting and care, where to grow, how the flower propagates - we told about all this in our article.
Kufei used in indoor floriculture - perennial shrubs up to half a meter. The leaves are small, oval, rather dark, tender. Attached to the stalk short stalks. Bush kufei has a beautiful fan shape.
The flowers are small, numerous, elongated. The tubular shape of the flower and the unusual limb of the corolla are often compared with a smoldering cigarette, for which the plant was called the cigarette tree. Kufei blooms almost continuously from spring to autumn. There are types of kufei with rather large, but few buds. The color of the flower is white with a lemon shade, purple with a purple tint, pink, red.
Types of room culture
Of the variety of types of kufei for growing at home are suitable several. The rest are cultivated as bedding plants, or do not get along in our climate. Four varieties of kufei are most common among flower growers.
- Fiery red. Forms a small, neat shrub up to half a meter. During flowering blooms many tubular flowers of bright red color. Based on the species, several beautiful hybrid varieties of kufei with different flowering periods, differing in flower color, were derived.
- Exopolite Compact bush grows to half a meter. It blooms from spring to mid-autumn. At the same time, a lot of small flowers of lilac, pink or white are blooming. This type of kufei can be grown in open ground.
- Pale. An interesting feature of pale kufei - shoots grow in different directions, forming a very dense, dense, but compact shrub. Flowers red wine shade, small. Blossoming plentiful and long. The plant looks good in hanging baskets.
- Microchild Compact shrub no higher than 40 cm. The flowers are very small, formed just above the leaf sinuses. The cups are yellow, with a scarlet base, a pharynx of a greenish hue. Petals are small, hidden behind the teeth of the calyx.
Kufei care, watering and transplanting rules
How to care for a cafe? The plant is not capricious, grows quickly, has a stable and lush flowering. For active growth and full flowering, kufei just follow the basic requirements for the microclimate, simple rules of care.
- Lighting. Good lighting is needed for the formation of flower buds. Keep the culture in the bright ambient light, from the direct sun pritenyayut. The optimal location in the apartment - western or eastern windows. In winter, they are moved to the south window - the cold winter sun does not harm the flower.
- Temperature. Kufeya is a heat-loving plant. Optimum temperature indicators in summer: 20-24 ° C. For re-flowering the following year, they are forced to create a dormant period — wintering at 5–10 ° C. The culture does not stand to further lower the temperature.
- Watering. In the warm season it is recommended to shed heavily - at intervals of three to four days. Before watering, check the level of soil moisture - the top layer should dry out evenly. Full earthen clod is not allowed. The amount of water per irrigation depends on the volume of the pot — excess water must flow through the drainage holes. Half an hour after watering, the accumulated water from the pan is drained. In the heat kufey watered more often - the flower reacts to drought by dropping the buds.
- Humidity. Loves high humidity. Necessary spraying at least three times a week. Additional measures to increase the humidity is usually not required. But in winter you can hang the battery with a damp cloth.
- Top dressing. Feeding kufey possible already at planting. In the pot, directly at the roots, put a little well-rotted humus. With the advent of the first buds they make mineral fertilizers for flowering crops. Then continue to feed every two weeks with drugs with a high content of potassium and phosphorus.
- The soil. Any subacid store primer will do. The main requirements for the substrate - nutritious, loose, light. At home, the soil mixture is prepared from garden soil, humus or peat, perlite or sand. All components are mixed in approximately equal amounts.
- Transfer. It is better to transplant Kufey by the method of transshipment - you should not injure the root system. Young plants need transplantation annually, less often for adults two years later. New pot take a little more in diameter - about 2-3 cm.
- Crop. Periodically you need to cut dried leaves at Kufei, remove faded flowers, dry shoots. Each variety has its own characteristics of pruning. The copsule Kufa is cut off strongly - at the end of winter, all branches are shortened by half to stimulate the growth of young shoots, bookmarks flower buds. In fiery red kufei, they simply prune the sprawling, improperly growing branches to give the bush a beautiful shape.
Most often growers practice breeding kufei cuttings. Plants of the new variety are easily grown from seeds. Getting healthy plants is not difficult - just follow the recommendations of experienced breeders.
Growing kufei from seeds at home always gives good results. The seeds are rather large, curved in shape, characterized by high germination. Seedlings grow quickly. Sow them in early spring according to the following four-step pattern.
- A transparent container with a lid filled with nutrient soil mixture. You can use peat with sand or any loose, breathable soil.
- Seeds laid out on the surface of the substrate, slightly pressed into it. Strongly do not deepen - for germination need light.
- The substrate is sprayed from the spray with warm water. The container is covered with a lid. Put in a warm, bright place. The temperature should not fall below 20 ° C.
- Shoots appear in a week. At the stage of two or three true leaves, they should be seated in separate containers. Seedlings grow quickly - choose a pot with a diameter of at least 11 cm. As the seedlings grow, a second transplant will be required.
The best time for grafting is spring. Take the tip cuttings from young, not lignified shoots. Cut at an angle with a sharp sterile knife. Further adhere to the following scheme of the four actions.
- Warm water is poured into a glass, and any root formation stimulator, Kornevin and Heteroauxin, is added to it. To prevent rotting, a tablet of activated carbon is thrown into the water.
- Cuttings put in the water, kept in a warm, bright place. The roots appear very quickly - in a week. They do not immediately plant it - they wait for them to become more.
- Rooted cuttings are transplanted into the ground. In one pot you can plant several shoots at once to get a lush bush. Первое время поливают умеренно, не допускают понижения температуры.
- После появления нескольких новых листков куфею начинают формировать — прищипывают верхушки для стимуляции бокового ветвления.
Куфея — быстро вырастающий кустарник. Он относится к семейству дербенниковых, и традиционным местом обитания является Центральная и Южная Америка.
Куфея происходит от греческого слова «Kyphos»what means "Hunched, crooked".
Indeed, its leaves and fruits bend a bit.
The plant has smooth dark green leaves of narrow shape. Stems in shrub species grow to a height of 40-50 cm. Flowers reach a length of 2-3 cm, can be red, white, purple and other colors. Flowering passes all warm period, from spring to autumn.
Flower kufeya photo:
In nature, there are about 200 different types of kufei. Annuals in the process of growth reach a height of 1 meter. Perennial - usually small shrubs, are used when planting in concrete vases. The following types are most popular among gardeners and indoor plant lovers:
Fiery Red Gel
This flower is usually grown as a pot, but it can be planted with great success in a flower garden at the dacha. In the process of growth, it becomes a small bush, on which bright red flowers of tubular form bloom. You can propagate as seeds and cuttings. There are several subspecies: "Coan" flowers are brick red or cream, and "Dynamite" blooms before all other types of bright red flowers. Photo "Fiery Red Gel" look below:
A small bush plant from Guatemala and Mexico. Prone to heat, but can grow in rain and wind conditions. It grows in the form of a bush up to 50 cm high. As a rule, this species is planted in containers on balconies, in courtyards. Very easily propagated by cuttings. The flowers are white, pink or lilac, small, but usually a lot of them appear on the bush, and flowering time takes all summer. Below we can see the photo of the "copious" kufei:
Care after purchase
Kufey can often be purchased in garden centers already in the form of ready-made plants.
After purchase, in without fail It is necessary to transplant in a new pot or on a bed of the site.
To facilitate planting, the root system can be closed. special bagwhich provides easy separation of the plant from the soil.
However, if it is not removed, the fabric will stop flowing water to the roots, rotting and flower will begin will die. In addition, transplantation is carried out not by transshipment of an earthy coma, but by the fullest possible purification of the root system from the transport substrate.
The plant very quickly reaches its maximum height, therefore it is necessary to constantly stimulate branching and the formation of a beautiful crown. Pinch the shoot tips and corrective pruning. If a perennial plant is grown, pruning is done early spring before the active development and preparation for flowering began.
In the summertime, room and garden kufa are poured in moderate amounts with water at room temperature. In the autumn, the procedure is performed 1 time in 2-3 days. In winter, the amount of water is reduced, but it is impossible to allow strong drying out of coma.
In spring and summer, during flowering, mineral fertilizers can be added to the water, at the rate of 20 grams per bucket.
Landing and ground
For planting kufei fertile nutrient soil is needed. You can make it yourself by mixing 1 part of leaf, humus, peat and sod land, and part of river sand. If this is not possible, then the purchase of a universal subacidic soil is allowed.
When growing kufei on the street, it is moved there after a significant increase in average daily temperature - best in late May or early June. Landing should be sunny, the soil is soft and fertile.
When growing kufei as a houseplant, it should be transplanted annually in early spring, before the beginning of the flowering period. At the same time, you can trim or nip.
The pot is selected from any material, but with the obligatory presence of holes in the bottom. Size - 2-3 cm more in diameter than the former.
As soon as the capacity reaches 25 cm - transplantation is performed 1 time in 2-3 years. Down a thick layer of expanded clay drainage or brick dust is poured.
Where to grow Kufa? Gardeners living in the southern part of the country can grow open-air caféas in the form of a one-year crop.
The place should be chosen with good lighting, but partial shade is allowed. You can not put Kufa in a damp place where there is no movement of air. The gap between the bushes should be at least 30-35 cm.
Kufeya is thermophilic. In the summer, it grows well at room temperature + 22-25 degrees.
For the winter period it is reduced to + 12-18 degrees, but not lower.
The flower does not tolerate low temperatures and cold drafts.
When grown on the street, the bush is either used as a one-year bush, or it is dug out and transferred to the room for wintering.
The plant should be in a bright place, with shading from direct rays. In the apartment it can be east or western windows. If there is not enough light, then the kufeya will not bloom, and the leaves will lose their color and will be dull. When getting sunburn they blush.
Diseases and pests
Flower is not inclined to pest infestationnevertheless, a spider mite or a scythe can appear on it.
When damaged by a spider mite, a thin white web appears on the leaves.
At the initial stage, the plant should be gently washed with a soft sponge and soapy water.
In running form, after washing, it is still necessary to spray chemicals.
With the appearance of scythos on the leaves, brown bulges are clearly visible, which are the shells of these insects.
To combat it, you need to brush all the leaves on both sides with a brush and soap solution, mechanically clearing the pest. If necessary, after that, you can still treat with insecticides.
The appearance of gray spots on the leaves and rotting of the stem is the result of the appearance of fungi and gray rot. It is necessary to treat plants with fungicides against rot.
Kufeya is a popular garden plant grown for bright flowers. It can be used both in the apartment in pots, and on a personal plot in an open ground. When you need care comply with the conditions for irrigation and lighting. Due to the rapid growth, constant pruning and nipping is required.
Types of kufei grown at home and gardens, as well as their photos
Among all existing species of kufei, two are particularly popular as a garden and indoor plant: Fire Red and Issopolist.
Flame Red Kufa (Cupheaignea) - this species is often cultivated as a houseplant, also for decorating open flower gardens. The flower of this species is sometimes bred in large containers that are placed in the courtyards.
In appearance, it is a low compact bush with tubular flowers in the shape of a cigar. The corollas are painted bright red, against which there is a contrasting white spot. In the center of the bud is purple throat.
A photo. Flame Red Kufa (Cupheaignea)
There are several cultural variations of fiery red kufee., which look like small neat bushes, whose height does not exceed 30 cm .:
- Coan– corollas can be brick-red and cream-white in color,
- Dynamite– flowers of rich red tone are formed quite early with the onset of the warm season.
Kufeya Hippopoly (Cupheahyssopifolia) - The homeland of the plant is Mexico and Guatemala. Differs in endurance, not afraid of rainy or windy weather. Bushes do not exceed half a meter in height. The flowers are small, usually a large number of them appear at once, flowering continues throughout the summer. The color of the flowers can be white, pink or lilac.
A photo. Kufeya Hippopoly (Cupheahyssopifolia)
Planting outdoor kufei
In the open ground, kufei are most often grown in warm climates. The plant can also be perfectly adapted as a curb. For decoration, it is grown in pots, containers, which are placed in patios, on balconies and on loggias. The plant looks good in hanging pots in which flowering stems hang elegantly.
It is preferable to place at this kufey in those places where during the midday heat will be natural shading. It is also necessary to provide a light, loose, but nutritious soil.
Place the kufeya where there is enough light.
If a plant is planned to be transplanted from a room into an open ground, you need to pre-harden the seedlings. Transplanted only after the end of spring frosts, prepare fertile soil. In the garden, choose a place that will be well lit during the day, in extreme cases, will have a weak shading. Caring for a plant in the open field will include regular weeding, nipping and pruning.
Important! Categorically you should not land kufei in those corners of the site where water can accumulate and there is no movement of air.
Do I need a transplant after purchase
Kufa can be purchased at special horticultural centers where it is sold as an already grown young plant. After the purchase it is necessary to make a transplant flower. Often on the sold copies of the root system is protected by a special bag. It is necessary for ease of separation of the root system from the ground. However, it should be removed, because the tissue will interfere with the nutrition of the roots by water and lead to decay. When transplanting, they do not use the method of transshipment of earthen coma, but they maximally clean the root system of the transport substrate.
What is needed watering
At home, kufeya very demanding watering
Most kufee in home care requires regular abundant watering. It is necessary that the soil is thoroughly soaked with water, which must always be inside the pot.
Irrigation mode should be at least two times a week. For irrigation using water at room temperature. It is necessary to ensure that each subsequent watering is done after the top layer has dried.
Excessive moisture also does not benefit the plant, therefore, to avoid stagnant water, it is necessary to ensure good drainage in advance. In winter, watering is somewhat reduced.
The flower can withstand quite briefly and short-term drought. Kufei is not very demanding on the humidity of the air and there is no need to spray it often, but you can from time to time put it under a cool shower.
Landing and ground requirements
For proper care is of great importance where to grow kufei. To prepare a fertile and nutritious soil for the plant, you need to mix the following types of land one by one: sheet, peat, sod, humus, as well as half of the river sand. Also suitable universal subacidic soil.
For good growth and flowering kufee requires feeding. For her, the most preferred organic types of fertilizers. You can use complex mineral compounds.
Important! During the warm period, the plant is fed during daily watering, with the help of 20g of liquid fertilizer diluted in a bucket of water.
Also spraying with water-soluble complex fertilizer used for foliar feeding is useful for the flower. In the flowering period suitable fertilizer for flowering plants.
Kufey transplanted annually in the spring.
In the event that kufeya is grown from seed, an annual spring transplant will be required.. In this case, transplanting into flower pots is best done in a specially prepared soil mixture. It can be prepared in the following proportions:
- sterilized soil - 50%,
- neutral peat - 25%,
- sand - 25%,
- mineral fertilizers - 40g per bucket of earth.
When choosing a pot, the material from which it will be made is not important, but the presence of holes in the bottom is obligatory. The size of each new pot is chosen 2-3 cm larger than the previous one. Upon reaching a tank size of 25 cm, transplantation can be performed less frequently, once every two or three years.
Methods of reproduction Kufa (seeds, cuttings)
For breeding Kufa you can use seeds and cuttings. By the way, the very name of the flower from the Greek is associated with the curved shape of its seeds. They are disks of greenish-brown color of a curved form up to 3 mm in diameter. As a rule, they sprout within 5-7 days. If they are put too close to each other, they can stick together, because during germination they begin to secrete a sticky substance. You can put the seeds in small containers, close the package, and place in a warm place. When they germinate, it will be possible to land in disposable cups, and after a while - to a permanent place.
It breeds kufeya, well as seeds and cuttings.
Seeds are hypersensitive to light.. They do not need too much to sprinkle with earth, you only need a little push into the soil, because in the light they rise much faster. In the period of seed germination the temperature is 20-22 degrees. When planting seedlings, containers must be placed under the sun. Planted young sprouts begin from the end of May.
When breeding cuttings, they are cut from the tops of the plants obliquely, using a fairly sharp knife, and planted in the ground at the beginning of the spring period when the air warms up to 18 degrees. You can also root in a glass of water. Roots usually appear during the week.
The beautiful flowering herb of the acanthaceae family is tunbergia, its planting and care.
The shape of the bush will be easier to create, if you put in one place at the same time two or three shoots. During the beginning of growth, new leaves appear on the handle, then the tip is pinned.
The period of flowering kufei lasts a long time, for several months, but at the same time, each bud does not bloom for long. To increase the duration of the flowering period, wilted flowers are removed, and in order to achieve abundant flowering, the plant is planted in a not too spacious dish.
Particularly valuable species are considered several kufee. Such as ignea or Platycentra, hyssopifolia and micropetala. All of these plant species have gained immense popularity among their kind.
Types and varieties
Kufeya exalted shrub or shrub plant reaching up to 50 centimeters in height. The leaves are located oppositely on short petioles, reaching up to 2.5 centimeters in length and 0.5 centimeters in width, with a dark green color, of lanceolate form.
Flowers solitary, rather small, axillary reaching up to 1 centimeter in diameter, having a white, pink or lilac color. This type of plant has a fairly strong bushiness and compact size, for this reason it can easily be grown as bonsai.
Kufeya fire red grows as a shrub, reaching a height of 40 centimeters. The leaves are ovate-lanceolate, arranged oppositely on short petioles, reach up to 6 centimeters in length and 2 centimeters in width, have a dark green color. Axillary single flowers, reach up to 3 centimeters in diameter and have a red color with a purple limb.
Kufeya microlepaste grows as a shrub plant, reaching 30-40 centimeters in height. The leaves are small and narrow, somewhat similar to the leaves of the copolyteous kufei. The flowers are also not particularly large, but one after another appear slightly above the sinuses of the leaves, the calyx is yellow in color, scarlet to the base, with a greenish throat, the stamens are red.
There are six petals, but they are so small that they hide the teeth of the calyx, it is from here that the name of the plant went. The plant is propagated mainly by cuttings, although it forms a large number of seeds.
Kufeya home care
The plant develops well if it is provided with the necessary temperature conditions, which in the summer period should range from 20 to 25 degrees, and in the winter period from 15 to 18 degrees.
Kufeya feels well in bright rooms, it can be placed near the windows of eastern and western orientation, the plant responds well enough to some direct sunlight.
In summer, the plant is provided with abundant watering, after drying the top layer of earthen coma. In the autumn, watering should be reduced, and in winter it should be reduced to moderate, preventing full drying of the soil.
Spraying the plants is carried out only periodically, from time to time, as the kufeya tolerates the low humidity of the air in the room quite well.
Kufei transplant and fertilizer
The kufeya plant needs annual transplanting in the spring. To do this, make an earthen mixture of equal amounts of leaf earth, turf land, peat land and humus soil, with the addition of ½ of the sand. Be sure to put a good drainage on the bottom of the dish.
In the period from April to August, the plant needs mineral fertilizer for flowering houseplants. Feeding is carried out once in 2 weeks.
This type of cigarette tree is a very compact and beautiful shrubber, so they prefer to grow it in indoor conditions, on balconies, in more southern regions - on terraces or flower beds. Kufeya izopolopolnaya has strong and elastic branches that do not break even with strong wind, so taking care of her at home will not take much work. This type of shrub is easy enough to propagate by cutting, so young cuttings can be purchased at almost every flower shop. Иссополистное сигаретное дерево цветет очень ярко с большим количеством мелких пылающих цветков.
Иногда создается впечатление, что кустарник загорелся и пылает яро-красным, лиловым, белым или пурпурным цветом. This type of plant loves a lot of light, heat and abundant watering, so in the Moscow region and other central and northern regions of Russia it is better to plant it in a pot and keep it in the house.
Kufeya fiery red
Very beautiful and beloved by many flower growers shrubs. It has small compact forms, therefore it is often grown in indoor conditions. The plant got its name because of the beautiful purple flowers, which in a small bush can be more than a hundred. Among the people of Kufeya, fire-red is better known as a cigarette. This nickname also came about because of flowers that have elongated shapes and darker colors at the edges (dark colors at the edges give the impression of a smoldering cigarette). The plant is light-loving, badly tolerates frosts, loves high humidity.
In some foreign literature, this type of shrub can be found under the name candy bush. It's funny, but such a nickname was invented for a reason. The candy bush has beautiful bright pink flowers that produce a sweet, sticky liquid with a pleasant smell. The shrub is very similar to the kufeya izopolopolnuyu (it has the same compact size and lignified shoots), but the microleped plant has petals not in the leaf axils, but above them. The leaves are small, dark green, glossy, grow counter. Petals are very small, almost invisible because of the long calyx. Calyx yellow, inside - green. The microseeding cigarette bush is very often found in gardens and parks of the southern regions, where winters are less severe. Florists prefer to grow this shrub in the open, where it attracts a lot of pollinating insects (bees, wasps).
Lanceolate species of exotic plants is slightly different from previous members of the genus. This bush reaches a height of 0.8-0.9 m and no longer has such compact forms. However, kufeya lanceolate is a beloved plant of many landscape designers in the southern regions. There, the flower is often found in parks, gardens, alleys and terraces. It attracts with its special, beautiful and bright flowering, which can not be compared with anything else. Tubular purple flowers can be contemplated from late May to mid-October. The lancet-shaped cigarette tree is propagated by seeds that are spread by various insects, animals and gusting winds.
Landing at home
Growing kufei from seeds at home is not a difficult task, so any novice grower can handle it without any problems. You can buy seeds in any flower shop. In the one-gram sachet there are about 300 seeds (this is enough to plant a whole alley of these beautiful shrubs). Since the plant is light-loving, it is best to plant seeds for seedlings in the house. You can start landing at the end of March or beginning of April.
For seedlings, you can use small cups, at the bottom of which there are several small holes.The soil for seedlings and adult plants is made according to the same formula: it is taken on one part of peat, sod and leaf soil, as well as humus, in addition, the floor of a part of river sand is added to the mixture. One or two seeds are planted to a depth of 2-3 cm in each cup. After planting, the cups should be covered with glass or plastic wrap. Sunrises appear already at 5-7 days. They should be kept in a well-lit and humid place at a temperature of + 20-22 ° C (preferably on a windowsill).
In late May - early June, seedlings need to be transplanted. Selection of a place is yours. It will depend on which region of our country you live in. In the southern regions of the kufey can be planted under the open sky.
The best place will be: the southern side of the site, with good lighting, neutral acidity of the soil and the absence of gusty winds. In the central and northern regions, transplanting is best carried out in deeper and wider capacities, since the shrub needs to be placed in the house (in summer it can be taken out into the street). It should be remembered that Kufeya is able to tolerate gentle frosts (up to -12 ° C), so keep this in mind when choosing a place to land. If planting a cigarette tree will be done using cuttings, then all the above rules are also observed: soil composition, lighting, humidity, temperature. Only when planting cuttings you need to immediately select the optimal capacity in which the plant will be able to fully develop at least the first 6-9 months.