The livestock feeder must be reliable, functional, durable and convenient. It is advisable to think over every detail, correctly install the containers for food and water. This will provide comfort for both the animals and the farmers. Consider the features of feeders, their varieties, the nuances of manufacture and installation. Here are a few instructions so that everyone can make the feeder with their own hands.
Capacity for food for cattle is of great importance in the arrangement of the stall, barn. First of all it is important to remember that it is necessary to provide different containers for dry and wet feeds.
Hay and grass should preferably be stored in a mounted rectangular feeder. Feed sometimes crumble. To prevent this, farmers often make the front wall of a grid material. In this case, the animal must necessarily be able to freely stick his head between the partitions.
Homemade hay model
Large buckets, bulk plastic containers still hold a leading position in the role of feeders for wet mash. The best option is to use an angled or mounted model to save space. At the moment, specialized companies provide a fairly wide range of models: they are designed for cows, horses, calves and goats.
Feeding container on pasture
Capacity dimensions are essential. Usually for cattle it is customary to use feeders with a length of 100-120 cm, no less. The bottom width is usually about 35-40 cm. The height of the outer side is usually made 70-75 cm. At the same time, there are a lot of options for ready-made tanks, and you can make a model individually for individual parameters, to ensure maximum comfort.
Hygiene and usability are also important. Leading models here are hay grilles, as well as folding side walls. Well, if it is possible to remove capacity if necessary. In the summer, farmers wash them, dry them thoroughly in the sun while the cattle are in the pasture.
Drawing for self-made capacity
When it is time to equip the stall, immediately it is necessary to provide for the presence of several types of feeders, to allocate a place for their most rational placement. Consider the features of tanks for feed.
For wet food should purchase a special model of plastic. They are implemented in a completely ready to use form. There are options for the economy, the cost of which is in the range of 1-3 thousand rubles. For a large farm choose more functional, roomy models. Their price can reach 25 thousand. At the same time they are durable, environmentally friendly, durable and comfortable.
Wall plastic model
Note! From wet food the tank will need to be regularly cleaned to maintain cleanliness and to comply with sanitary standards. Therefore, in advance, consider how comfortable it will be to shoot and then re-fasten the model.
Dry feed is most often placed in rectangular containers. It is preferable to choose the mounted options. The front grille will help maintain order, because the hay with the grass will not constantly crumble. Be sure to watch the cows poke their heads without difficulty, do not get stuck in the fence.
Farmers who are professional cattle breeders, keep cattle, well know: on pastures, too, should be equipped with specially equipped areas: there will be feeding the animals. There, tanks need the most roomy, functional. It is important that there is no need to maintain such feeders too often. In addition, you can not lose feed. Consider two main options.
Mandatory feeding during grazing
Dry Feed Models
Be sure to make a feeder for dry food. Even when walking on pasture, cattle may lack good green grass. This is primarily relevant in the autumn. And here the position of the equipment of free-standing spaces is saved with special convenient capacious hay feeders.
Modern ready capacity for hay without bottom
Note! Often, the owners prefer to simply pile the hay on the ground, install small stacks. This approach is wrong! The consumption of feed with this method will become too large, since the cattle simply trample hay into the ground.
The optimal solution is to make a trough of conical shape. It fits immediately a whole roll of hay. This is convenient because you do not need to regularly replenish capacity. The cattle takes out hay gradually, as necessary, the flow is adequate. The place is better to choose half shade.
Capacity for dry feed, focused on the use of pasture
Such models are attractive, as they are easy to use, in the process of assembly, they are durable and durable, safe. For farmers, more familiar are the primitive square cells. Of course, to make them cheaper and easier, it will take a minimum of time. However, when they are used, there is a risk of injury, since cows sometimes start to get stuck between the rods.
Models for combined feed and grain
Cattle need a balanced, fairly saturated diet, rich in valuable trace elements, vitamins. Even when there is a lot of green grass and various vegetation, this is still not enough for proper keeping of livestock.
Very important moment! The question of competent feeding arises especially for dairy cows. It is very important to feed animals with nutritious feeds without fail.
Convenient plastic model for group feeding
The best solution is to use modern automatic feeders to feed animal feed, grain. Such models are designed taking into account all the nuances: the loss of food is practically excluded, and the cattle always get the right amount of feed.
Such models are often used by experienced farmers in the premises where young animals are located. Calves need a more nutritious, balanced feed in the first place. They grow, so they need significantly more energy for optimal weight gain, development.
Limiters for young stock
If adult animals and young animals are kept together, one problem may arise. Adult cattle eat up all feed, if access is not limited. In order for the young growth not to be deprived, it is advisable to install special automatic feeders with limiters: the young growth will pass there freely, thrusting its head, but the cattle will no longer be able to feed from them.
Aft stall tables are most often located in the aisles. It is necessary to enclose them with small walls. A great option is to raise the table above the floor by at least 15 cm.
Be sure to take into account several key factors. Of great importance is the type of content, the size of the total population. It is important that the farm is manually serviced or using special equipment. When a large population of cattle is kept at the same time, it is more rational to use modern automatic aggregates for placing feed directly on the tables. If the stall is small, there are not so many cows, it is much easier, it is more economical to distribute the feed to the mounted containers manually.
Feeding in the stall
Often, herders prefer the usual feed tables, which are equipped with half-meter walls. With such a construction, hay is already consumed economically, since it does not fall under the feet of the cows. In addition, the feed is protected from manure, which ensures hygiene. Consider the advantages of such models:
- feed as simple as possible using the feeder,
- with similar models, you can quickly and efficiently clean the aisles,
- it will not be difficult to make the feeder with your own hands, which will save you money.
For any type of cattle maintenance, special tables are provided. Here the method of keeping animals is essential. When cows have the ability to move freely, tables must be supplemented with several types of grilles: they can be automatic, vertical and inclined. Such elements prevent the scattering of feed, trampling it in the ground, litter. When cattle are kept on a leash, they manage without special equipment on the tables, since animals are already limited in movement and reach only certain areas of the feeder. They no longer throw hay.
Types of twigs
Consider the different types of rods. With straight bars, livestock have more freedom of movement. In the process of feeding them much easier, more comfortable to get food. But with sloping rods, livestock is well fixed, movement of cows is limited. The stall will become noticeably cleaner. True, it will not be very convenient to eat animals.
The best solution is to choose modern automatic grilles. This is especially true if the animal must be well fixed, for example, for insemination, veterinary inspection, other procedures. The cow will be calm, working with her will be convenient. True, these devices are quite expensive. In addition, they are not always distinguished by their proper strength: strong, highly excitable individuals break them.
We make containers correctly
Now we will find out how best to make the feeder with our own hands in order to get the best result at minimum cost. We will look at simple, accessible methods.
Homemade feeding tank
Convertible container with folding walls
It is enough to have basic skills in working with wood to make an excellent multifunctional feeder. We need to know how to use wood, how to clean, process this material. Comfortable capacity will be not only convenient, but also absolutely environmentally friendly. Choose, if possible, stronger wood species: for example, oak, larch or pine.
Drawing model with folding walls
Stock up on the following tools, as well as all the necessary materials for productive work. You will need:
- plane (you can replace it with a grinding machine,
- hand saw (some successfully use jigsaw),
- wooden slats (but reinforcement has more strength)
- detailed drawing.
Now it's time to review the specific step by step instructions.
If the livestock is large, the best solution would be the equipment of a larger feeder - group. Then feeding is faster, in comfortable conditions. Immediately take all the materials that are useful for the manufacture of containers. You will need:
- welding machine,
- fittings with a diameter of 8 mm,
- metal profiled pipes (needed with a diameter of 19 mm and 13 mm).
Pasture model will provide comfortable group meals
Group Capacity Drawing
First you need to prepare all the elements that will then be needed during the installation of the model. Pipes, fittings are cut into standard parts using a grinder. Focus on the drawing. You need to make the following details:
- 13 pipes, whose diameter will be 19 mm, 4 pipes each with a length of 68 and 35 cm, 3 pipes at 201 cm, and also two pipes at 90 cm,
- elements of pipes with a diameter of 13 mm: two tubes with a length of 55 and 205 cm, 26 parts by 68 cm.
When all the elements are prepared, it is time for installation.
The benefits of sennik
For each type of feed you need to build their own devices. Sennik is not only a very convenient design, but also has a lot of other advantages:
- there will be a special place for food, and animals will know where to get it,
- improved animal hygiene, as cleanliness will be maintained in the nursery,
- sennik allows you to balance the food and make it more useful,
- the hay will be in one place, which will save space in the animal cage,
- All animals will be able to eat in the same conditions, on equal terms.
Hay feeder must be present in the cages with rabbits. Today there are a variety of designs. If you do not have time, you can look at a specialty store and purchase ready-made nurseries. However, having made a sennik with your own hands, you can save a lot and take into account all the nuances of the design.
There are several types of feeders, but most often there are external and internal senni. Consider each one of them.
External nurseries for hay should be attached to the part of the cage in which you plan to place a pallet for food. Feeding trough is usually represented by a box, bottom and three wooden or metal walls. For the manufacture of the fourth wall is used coarse mesh. The cover can be attached with hinges. Sometimes there are completely open designs. The choice of the type of structure depends on whether the nursery is located - indoors or outdoors. If the cage is adjacent to the drinking bowl, the feeder is located on the other side. The most popular rabbits of the breed are Rex, White Giant, Butterfly, Flandre and Marder.
If the cage design does not allow connecting the feeder from the outside, an inner senic for hay comes to the rescue.
Did you know?In the wild, the rabbit lives for about 1 year, and with proper care, its lifespan increases to 12 years. In appearance, it practically does not differ from the outside, except that the fixation takes place on the inner side of the cage, which significantly complicates the maintenance of the entire structure.
Materials and tools
To build a rabbit feeder, you will need the following materials and tools:
- metal grid,
- reinforced film
- wooden bars
- self-tapping screws
Important!Before proceeding with the construction of the feeder, it is recommended to draw a drawing of a future design in order to cut out the necessary components in accordance with the correct dimensions. Ideally, the nursery should be made simultaneously with the construction of the cell. In addition to these, you may need additional tools, so you should carefully consider what you need, even before starting to work.
We offer you to familiarize yourself with the step-by-step instructions for making sennik:
- It is necessary to take a wooden bar 3x5 cm and cut 4 bars of 25 cm each and 2 by 161 cm each.
- Then with the help of the corners and screws to fasten them to the cage.
- After that, 2 strips are taken along the length of the cage and are attached to the metal grid with the help of a stapler.
- We fasten one bar directly to the cage, and fix the second one to the installed vertical bars so that the grid with the cell forms an angle of approximately 45 °.
- In the same way, senniks are installed on all tiers of the cell.
- One end of the structure is closed with a metal grid.
- With the help of the reinforced film we hang the front part and one end of the sennik. It will protect the hay from moisture and create a shadow. In the autumn and winter, it will protect from the wind.
Did you know?In the Guinness Book of Records, the rabbit with the longest ears is noted - their length is 80 cm.
After reading our article, you learned how to make your own rabbit feeders for hay. Now you can easily build the same design for your pets.
Modern doodles for cattle do it yourself
Their design may be different depending on the place of feeding. Each option has its own nuances.
Table 1. Features of feeders
Mounted on the aisle, has a fence in the form of small walls.
Located at a distance of 15 cm from the floor.
It is a bulk container that can be easily transferred from one place to another.
Used while walking the cows in the meadow.
Conditions of detention, the number of animals also need to be taken into account when choosing a feeding format. It can be automated - for numerous herds, or manual - when there are 1-3 individuals in a stall.
Automated feeding of livestock
For livestock that are in the pens without a tether, feeders are equipped with railing sides. They are of several types:
- vertical - give more freedom to move,
- oblique - limit the movement of the animal, well fix it when feeding,
- automatic - they are most convenient to use, but they are more expensive, and not everyone can make them with their own hands.
This allows you to prevent the scattering of feed, trampling them in the litter. But at the same time the head of a cow should easily pass between the bars. If animals are kept on a leash, such measures are not considered mandatory.
Feeding trough with grids
Important. For wet and dry food will need separate designs. If you need to save space, they are made angular or mounted. А для хранения сена удобно использовать навесные коробы прямоугольной формы.
The size of the tank for feeding should correspond to the dimensions of the cattle. The length of the product must be at least 1 m, and the width - from 0.4 m. The height of the side walls will be 0.7 m. For convenience and hygiene, choose options with folding sides.
In the warm season, it is advisable to dry the feeders in the sun, so it is recommended to equip them with removable elements - this will prolong their service life.
The feeder needs to be dried in the sun.
How to make a cow feeder with your own hands
Step-by-step instruction will help you to make the correct feed container. The product is of 2 types - for individual feeding and for general use.
To do this, you need the following tools:
Important. The product from a natural tree will be eco-friendly and convenient for operation. For the manufacture of such a feeder, it is enough to have minimal knowledge about the handling of wood - to be able to clean and process it. As a material, it is better to choose a pine, oak or larch.
Table 2. Step by step instructions for the manufacture of feeders
For numerous herds, a total capacity is recommended for feed from wire and shaped tubes. It will take a grinder and a welding machine to work with metal.
The procedure for creating structures:
- Performance measurements. Preparation of the drawing.
- Making blanks based on measurements. Pipes are divided into segments of the desired size.
- Preparation of the base. Pipes are welded in pairs. The result should be a rectangle.
- Welding supports to it.
- Creating stiffeners with 2 tubes between the supports.
- Installation of vertical elements, welding them to a rectangle.
- Adding rebar segments in 7 cm increments.
After that, the design can be painted. The paint must be non-toxic so that no harmful substances are emitted upon contact with food.
Drinker for cows
The animal quickly grows fat and brings a good milk yield if, in addition to a high-quality diet, it has a drinking regime. Adult drink up to 75 liters daily.
When a cow gives milk more than 18 liters per day, she is milk-fed, and she needs about 130 liters of drink. In the pen, the watering tank is necessarily equipped, keeping the temperature in it from +12. In winter, the drink is heated. Particular attention is required for cows awaiting the birth of offspring.
Bowl for personal use
For a single cow with a place to organize a watering place, there are no problems. She grabs one cup. For a large herd, a group drinker is needed. It is also used in the winter, when livestock are kept in the stall all the time, and in summer, when animals are more often on walking. This tank resembles a long gutter. It is installed below the feed tank.
Important. It is undesirable to install a drinker for cows in a strictly upright position. It is better to make a slight tilt towards the sink. Then the excess liquid easily fall into the drain without stagnating in the tank.
Drinker for cows
If each animal is kept in a separate pen, it is recommended to equip individual drinkers. This must be done for the following reasons:
- The animal will consume the volume of liquid that it needs.
- Separate tanks are easier to clean. If they are common, plums are often clogged with food debris. Then the water flows badly, stagnates. Then to clean the drain takes a lot of time and effort.
- The joint watering hole functions as communicating vessels. Therefore, when one individual becomes ill, the pathogenic microorganisms inevitably get into the drink to the other individuals. And when using separate bowls, a sick animal will not infect its fellows.
When there are calves on the farm, they are not kept with large cattle. They will need individual small tanks. More information about drinking bowls for cattle can be found in our article.
Drinker for calves
For the construction of containers suitable materials at hand. The drinker in the form of a gutter can be made of galvanized steel. The optimal width of the tank is 0.3 m. In order to save, you can adapt an old pipe for a liquid tank. This is done as follows:
- It is necessary to find a galvanized pipe with a radius of 120 mm. Its length will be equal to the length of the room for the cows.
- Clean the pipe from dirt, wash it.
- Cut it along.
- Clean up sharp edges. This will protect the inhabitants of the pen from injury.
- Paint the resulting product.
Galvanized Steel Drinking Tank
There is another way to make a drinker. To do this, fit the old gas cylinder. The work is done in the following order:
- Before starting work, it is well washed and aired. The smell of gas should not be.
- The recommended volume of the water tank should be from 100 liters.
- The balloon is cut along.
- 3 holes are cut out in it. The first is designed to sum up the pipe through which water will flow into the drinker. The second is done to drain, and the third - for the heater.
- The diameter of the pipe under the drain must not exceed 57 mm, otherwise the drain will be clogged with feed residues. Do it under the slope to immediately get rid of small debris.
- A valve with a small float is installed in the tank.
- A thermometer is attached to the tank. With it, measure the temperature of the liquid in the drinker.
Group drinking bowl
If a gas boiler is installed on the livestock farm, then additional devices for water heating are not used. Large debris from the drain is removed manually. Cleaning the drinking bowl and draining should be done regularly - after each meal.
Important. The cow is a very clean animal. She does not drink drinking with hay. From unpleasantly smelling liquid cow also refuses.
Kids will need a separate drinker. They mainly use cow colostrum, but they also need ordinary water. Newborns drink it at 500 ml per day. Every 2 weeks, the amount of liquid is almost doubled. If the calf is alone, it is watered from the bottle with the nipple. When there are many individuals, it is not easy to water them separately. Then for babies make special drinkers with nipples.
At the initial stage, the process does not differ from the manufacture of drinking containers for adult individuals. A gutter is made of galvanized pipe or an old cylinder. Further, the course of work is as follows:
- Small holes are made around the perimeter of the product.
- There are inserted nipples, fixed with special rings with clips.
- The finished product is attached to the wall just above the level of the face of the baby.
- After the young growth grows up, stop drinking milk, it is taught to drink a separate container. In the stall make individual drinkers volume from 3 to 5 liters.
Separate calf drinker
Feeding troughs and drinkers for cattle
They can be made using an automatic mechanism - there are valve and float types. The design with a float functions on the principle of a toilet cistern:
- Top tube attached to the tank.
- The tube is attached to a separate tank - cumulative tank.
- It has a float that controls the water level.
Cows gradually drink liquid, reducing its level in the system. After that, she refills the drinker. This system has some drawbacks. In winter, one of the sections of the plumbing may freeze. There is also a risk of littering it with food residues.
Drinking tank with heating function
Valve trough also connects to the water supply, but the flow of the drink regulates the animal itself. When it is thirsty and comes to the drinker, it presses its head on the lever installed there. Then the tank is filled with water. But such a device is not recommended for violent individuals.
In the cold season, cows need to provide heated drink. This is a good prevention of the spread of respiratory diseases. It also protects the plumbing from freezing. There are two ways to put this into practice.
Table 2. Features of heating
Feeding goats should be safe for both animals and farmer (attendants). It is necessary to facilitate the distribution of feed as much as possible so that this does not take much time and effort. This is especially noticeable when working with large livestock, when the only sensible solution is full mechanization - the use of tractors and feeders.
But on a small farm you need to make your life easier. So, if you use hay in bales, then the size of the feeder must match it, so that there is no extra work - the photo shows rectangular feeders. There are similar ones for rolls. But in small troughs have to disassemble the bales or carry hay forks from the stacks.
In terms of safety for goats - animals should not be stuck between the rods. In the feeders should not be protruding nails, fragments of sticks and fixtures. You also need to monitor the cleanliness of the feeder - metal parts will lead to reticulopericardicitis.
As far as possible it is necessary to provide goats with fodder places. The best is when one place goes for one goat. But with a large herd, it increases spending. According to the research the number of feeding places per 1 head is 0.78. If you have less than 78 places per 100 heads, this will lead to an increase in the number of strikes - goats will more often sort things out, which will lead to a drop in productivity.
Simplicity of design
This is especially true if you are going to make the feeder with your own hands. The less you spend time, effort, money and materials, the better. But this product must be durable (so as not to redo every day) and safe.
The feeder should be comfortable for you - the simpler it is to maintain, the better, so you should avoid covers, bolts and narrow openings for placing food.
The easiest hanging option is to fix the manger on the wall and lay hay there. To do this, you can build a rare fence (with an interval of 15-20 cm) and poles, or cook from reinforcement and fix it obliquely. You can do even easier - take a netting net with a side of the cell of 7-10 cm and also fix it on the wall. Hay is put on top of such troughs, and goats are taken from it through the gaps between the rods.
The models of feeders presented above are simple, but most of the food from them is strewed onto the floor, mixing with bedding, dirt and manure. Goats are rather squeamish, therefore there will be big losses of fodder. The easiest way to prevent such waste is to put a trough under the feeder. Small sprigs of grass will be poured into it, which will also be eaten by goats. In addition, in this trough can be given to the goats concentrates and mash, which leads to saving space in the barn.
We can not allow goats to climb in the trough. This will lead, as a rule, to trampling hay, contamination by feces and urine, goat throws out hay and grain. If the height of the feeders from the floor is above 150 cm, the animals will not be able to jump on top. Adult goats can not crawl through the intervals between the rods of 20 cm. But if you keep together with adults and kids, they easily penetrate into smaller cracks. To prevent this, you can make the feeders as in the photo below.
The construction skills of all the goat breeders are different, and the majority have no money to buy ready-made feeders. In this case, the goat must be somewhere to put hay and other products. In haste, you can build a few simple models.
If you purchased kids, then you will be fine feeding trough of plastic or metal barrels.
What we need:
- PVC barrel with a volume of 100 liters,
- masonry grid, cell size in 10 cm - 2x1 m,
- marker and tape measure for marking.
We mark the barrel into two equal parts across the circle. Now we deviate 20 cm from the lid and bottom and make radial marks on the side of the side on the half of the barrel - they should be diametrically opposed from above and below. It remains to saw with a hacksaw to make two feeders, as in the photo below.
Another model - suitable for a barn. This is a manger from a chain-link - we fasten a grid on a wooden frame. Now we fix the rabbit to the wall and get simple nurseries in which to make hay or straw. To have less waste - put the box under the feeder. It will turn out such a goat feeder with your own hands, photo:
This scheme is common in animal husbandry, when the feeders are not used, and the food is placed directly on the ground. This is especially convenient with large livestock and automating the process of distributing food - the feeder just drives through and evenly spreads the concentrates, masks along the pen.
This method has its own characteristics:
- the floor must be perfectly clean - do not allow any foreign objects (especially small ones), oil stains on it,
- using the dispenser, you can deliver only bulk products (not suitable for hay),
- will have to push the feed after the tractor and as it is eaten,
- pens need to do lattice so that the goats could stick their heads.
When you keep young animals together with adult goats, you will have to constantly expel the kids from the feeders - they easily climb through the intervals of 15-20 cm. This leads to pollution, feed, trampling and scattering. The easiest way to avoid this is to keep the kids alone, but this possibility is limited by the size of the sheds and the maintenance technology.
But you can easily modify the available feeder. All you need is to build a nursery. To do this, we need wide boards (20 cm or 2 to 10). They replace the old slats with a gap of 10 cm.
Now you need to make a cut in the upper part - we expand the openings for adult goats. On each side of the slot, we cut another 5 cm to a height of 30-40 cm from the top bar. Thus, adult goats can easily stick their heads into the upper window and lower their necks through a narrow slit of 10 cm. But the young can not crawl through the gap.
On the basis of the Stavropol Institute for Research and Development of Agricultural and Applied Institutes, an experiment was conducted on the efficiency of using feeders for goats of various designs. The work pursued the identification of the best model, as well as the study of the properties of the feeder, developed on the basis of this scientific institute.
In the breeding reproducer of the institute for the breeding of dairy goats of Zaanen breed during the stall period, an experiment was conducted to test the feeders of different designs for feeding goats to coarse feed.
3 groups of queens were formed, 6 heads each. Animals of all groups were in the same conditions, but they were fed from feeders of different designs. Animals of group 1 ate feed from an experimental mounted feeding trough, which was included in the kit of the new technological equipment for keeping goats, which was attached to the aft passage on panel equipment. Uteri 2 groups ate hay from nursery for sheep located in the middle of the cage, 3 groups from the old-fashioned metal goat trough located in the center of the cage.
The diet of animals of all groups was the same and consisted of 2.0 kg of hay and 300 g of concentrates. Cottage hay was made in accordance with the approved daily routine:
- in the morning at 7.15. - 1.0 kg / goal,
- in the evening - at 16 h. 45 min. - 1.0 kg / goal.
Under each trough was laid canvas canvas for the convenience of accounting for lost residues. Remains of hay (lost and uneaten in feeders) were taken into account daily by weighing them on an electronic cantor twice a day - until morning and evening feeding. On the 3rd day of the experiment, we took into account the cost of working time during the distribution of hay in different types of feeders. This took into account the time spent on manual distribution of hay in the morning, distribution of hay in the evening, cleaning the feeders from residues. Feeding hay from feeders of different designs is presented in the table.
Feeding hay by goats from feeding troughs of various designs and time spent during technological operations
When feeding cattle in a stall, it is necessary to consider the number of heads and the method of farm maintenance. For large farms with large livestock, an automatic feed handler is required. This will allow to observe the regime of feeding animals. In a small farm it is quite possible to cope with this task manually.
The feeding table in the stall is located on the aisle and is a corridor with a closed fencing with a height of 30-50 cm. It is rather simple to make this design at home, without resorting to large expenses.
The advantages of this location:
- Easy cleaning.
- Feed does not fall under the feet of the cows, which leads to its saving.
- Lack of feed contact with manure reduces the risk of livestock diseases.
- Convenience in operation.
In the manufacture of the table must take into account the method of keeping livestock. If the cows are tied and do not have the ability to move freely, special equipment for their fixation is not required. Animals only reach certain areas of the feeder. This allows them to take the required amount of food without scattering leftovers.
With the free movement of livestock in the barn, the design of the feeding table should include grids that prevent the irrational consumption of food.
- Straight lines Allow cows to feel free and comfortable. Their movements are almost unlimited.
- Inclined. They have the property of easy fixation of livestock, limiting their movement. With this equipment, the barn will be cleaner.
- Automatic. This type of grating is optimal. Решетки плотно фиксируют животных при кормлении благодаря механизму автоматизации. Оснащение можно применять при ветеринарных осмотрах и для других целей, где необходимо обездвижить корову. Автоматические решетки не обладают высокой прочностью, быстро изнашиваются и ломаются.
В домашних условиях
Кормушку в домашних условиях сможет смастерить любой опытный фермер, предусмотрев ее назначение и выбрав нужный материал. It should be comfortable and durable, allowing proper feeding of livestock. The advantage of home-made devices in their low cost, thereby reducing the cost of keeping animals.
Creating an individual simplest device for eating a cow does not require much effort. The material is usually used metal (fasten parts with a welding machine) or solid wood (fasten parts with nails). The shape of such a feeder is usually rectangular. Average sizes: length - 100 cm, width 70 cm.
Prepare the selected materials, measure, fasten in an appropriate way. For dry food make suspension model with a lattice. For grain and other additives, the lattice is not required, the walls of the structure are solid.
Group feeder should be durable and easy to maintain. At its production metal is used.
Required materials: metal pipes with a diameter of 13 and 19 mm, fittings with a diameter of 8 mm, Bulgarian, apparatus for welding, paint and varnish.
- Pipes with a diameter of 19 mm are cut into 13 elements of the following sizes: 4 by 68 cm, 2 by 90 cm, 4 by 35 cm, 3 by 201 cm.
- Pipes with a diameter of 13 mm are cut into 30 elements: 2 by 205 cm, 2 by 55 cm, 26 by 68 cm.
- Make a frame in the form of a rectangle (length 201 cm, width - 68 cm).
- Welded 4 legs of 35 cm.
- Between them, weld two elements of pipes 68 cm together (for stability and rigidity of the structure).
- Weld 4 vertical pipes in the corners of a rectangular frame. The size of the rear pair - 201 cm, the front - 90 cm.
- Weld the base for hay, fastening the pipes 55 cm and 205 cm.
- Connect the base with the frame, welding a rectangle to the highest points of the vertical pipes.
- Vertical elements of the reinforcement are welded between the lower pipe and the upper base, keeping a distance of 7 cm (they impart lattice to the structure).
- Lacquer to protect against corrosion.
For the manufacture of devices with folding walls used solid wood varieties. The advantage of this material is its environmental friendliness. With proper care, the feeder will last a long time.
We will need: boards, planer, circular saw or jigsaw, sandpaper, slats, nails.
- Draw a detailed drawing, taking into account all the wishes and features of operation. Standard sizes: internal side - 100 cm, external side - 30 cm, product width - 80 cm, bottom width - 45 cm.
- Prepare the tree for work. They clean, grind, polish. If necessary, dried.
- Measure and sawed boards on the necessary elements in accordance with the drawing.
- Fasten with nails.
- Make a recess on the wall in the form of a semicircle (hole for the head of the animal).
- Attach the slats (for the lattice of the product).
- Make a control polishing, getting rid of irregularities and splinters.
With proper organization of devices for eating cows, the quality of their housing improves significantly, the farmer saves money and time to maintain the barn.
- The profitability of keeping cows depends on the conditions their content. The main points - a sufficient amount of space, cleanliness, properly organized feeding area.
- Types of feeders - for stalls and pastures, for hay, grain, dry and mixed fodder.
- Ensure calves have enough food. - Adult animals can eat everything.
- Quality trough can be done by yourself. There are two main options - individual and group.
Also read how to build a cow shed by following this link.