Very often, a thorn bush in garden plots is perceived as a weed tree, gardeners struggle with it long and hard. However, the turn is clearly undervalued, as it is an exceptionally useful plant.
Unlike many other plants that use a certain part for treatment - fruit, roots or greens, with thorns, everything is useful. These are fruits, flowers, leaves, bark, young shoots and branches, root.
Thorn contains fructose, glucose, organic acids, pectins, nitrogenous and tannins (tanida), volatile production, essential oil. Fruits are rich in fiber, steroids, flavonoids. The presence of a large amount of vitamins P and E, group B, ascorbic acid, as well as various trace elements, especially potassium, makes the turn very useful for the body.
The benefits of the use of decoctions and tinctures of medicinal plants depends on the correctness of their collection, storage and preparation. In order for the turn to retain all of its beneficial properties and not to cause harm instead of good, you should follow this schedule:
- Flowers - prepared in the period of full bloom, dried in the usual way, stored in glass or tin tightly closed jars in a dark place, periodically mixed.
- Leaves - collected in midsummer after the turn has faded, drying and storage are carried out as flowers.
- Young shoots and branches - collected in May-June, well dried in a blown place in the shade, stored in bundles for 1 year.
- Bark - removed from the trunk in the spring, before the blooming thorns. First, it is kept for several weeks in the open air, then dried in the oven, stored for 3 years in a canvas bag.
- Roots - are dug out in the fall. Drying and storage is no different from bark.
- Fruits - you can begin to collect the turn in September-October, but it is better after the first frost. Stored and used until the new harvest.
The use of thorns for medicinal purposesThe benefit of decoction from the flowers of turn is its blood-purifying and anti-toxic properties. This property is used to fight skin rashes, abscesses, furunculosis, erysipelas.
Flower decoction is very good for cleansing the liver, for restoring metabolism. Regulates intestinal motility, acting as a delicate laxative. As a diuretic and diaphoretic means cleanses the body of toxins. Used to dull nausea.
A decoction of thorns flowers is used as a sedative for neuralgia, sleep disorders.
Rinsing the mouth with a decoction is used in inflammatory processes of the gums and throat. Used in mixtures for the treatment of gastrointestinal tract.
Recipe: 50 g of dried thorns on 1 liter of water brew like tea. When ingested, drink sips without dosage. Can be used externally as a lotion.
Properties of decoction of the leaves
The decoction has a diuretic, diaphoretic and laxative effect on the body. Very well removes toxins from the body. It is recommended to brew as a normal tea and take for a general healing effect, giving the body strength. Useful for people who do sedentary work.
This broth is drunk throughout the day without any special restrictions.
What will bark help
The use of broth inside cleans the blood, which helps to get rid of both simple skin irritation, and from such serious problems as purulent inflammation, boils and erysipelas. Used to treat female inflammations.
Recipe: Pour 1 teaspoon of crushed bark with a glass of boiling water, simmer for 15 minutes. Drink instead of tea. When syringing, dilute a glass of broth with boiled water in a 1: 1 ratio.
Blackthorn roots are also very helpful.
The benefits of thorns, namely the decoction of its roots is manifested in a diaphoretic, antipyretic, and anti-inflammatory effect. It is used as tea for colds, to cleanse the body of toxins, in the form of douching for the treatment of whiter, as lotions for skin inflammation.
Recipe: 10 g pour 0.5 liters of cold water or take 1 teaspoon without top per glass of water. Bring to a boil, boil for 15 minutes over low heat. Sip without dosage. When syringing and lotions received broth diluted with boiled water 1: 1.
Use in traditional medicine of thorns
The turn has such beneficial properties as a blood-purifying agent, removing toxins from the body, diuretic, anti-inflammatory and disinfecting agent.
The presence of tannins in the fruit provides an astringent effect, so the turn is recommended for diarrhea.
Berry can dull the feeling of nausea. This is its benefit for pregnant women with toxicosis.
The turn, pounded in mush, is applied to wounds, calluses, skin inflammations. The obvious advantage of such lotions is visible in a couple of days.
As a natural antiseptic berry dentists advise to chew for inflammation of the gums. It also removes bad breath. But at the same time paints the enamel of the teeth in blue. This is a small aesthetic harm, because the color is quite durable.
Given that fresh fruits can be stored on the tree until the most frost, they are used to saturate the body with vitamins. The turn is rich in vitamins, especially P and group B.
The fruits are consumed fresh, boiled from them compotes, jelly, jam, liqueur. It is important that after heat treatment the turn does not lose its healing value.
Thorns are spiny
The use of thorns is not only in tasty fruits. For medicinal purposes, apply roots, bark, young shoots, as well as leaves and flowers. There are a large number of therapeutic properties of plants, including anti-inflammatory, disinfecting, astringent, diuretic, laxative. In addition, the turn can be used for the purpose of vitaminization and strengthening the immune system before the cold season.
Blackthorn is not so easy to collect - the whole plant is densely covered with tenacious spines. But the medicinal value encourages traditional healers and representatives of official medicine to harvest raw thorns in spite of everything, because the thorns are harmed only by its “thorniness”.
Root plant can grow as a tall tree, up to 6 m tall or as a bush. Thorn bush has a main trunk and a strongly branchy volumetric crown, reaches a height of 3 m.
- Roots. The plant is fixed in the soil with a powerful root system with fleshy rhizomes and side roots, providing the turn with a sufficient amount of moisture.
- Stems. Stem wood is particularly durable. The main trunk is covered with brown or dark brown bark. It is upright and strongly branched. On the surface of the trunk and branches of the sloe there are many thorny thorns. From the rhizomes of the turn often annual young shoots depart, which are localized around the trunk and form a kind of thickets. Their surface is velvety to the touch because of the dense pubescence. The shoots end with a thorn.
- Leaves. Regularly replaced by young, as the plant grows. Wedge-shaped at the base, they have a pointed tip. The shape of the leaf plate is obovoid or elliptical. Each leaf sits on a branch on a stem of medium length. The edge of the sheet plate resembles sharp saw teeth. A characteristic feature - the blooming of the leaves as the flowers fade.
- Flowers Have a very delicate, white and pink color. They exude a subtle, pleasant aroma that attracts bees well, which makes the turn a wonderful honey plant. Flowering begins early - in April, may continue until mid-May. Thorn bushes bloom en masse, attracting insects. Flowers are arranged on the branches so thickly that it seems as if the whole bush is covered with a white tablecloth.
- Fruit. They are attached to the branches of the thorns with the help of stalks of medium length. The fruit is a drupe, distinguished by juicy pulp, strongly associated with the seed. The green flesh has a sweet-sour taste and tartness, which disappears shortly after the first frost. The fruit itself is small, its diameter can reach 1.5 cm. Fruits of dark blue color are densely covered with a waxy bluish bloom.
Interestingly, the mature fruits are attached to the branches so tightly that they can hold up until the next spring. Up to 4 kg of fruits can be harvested from an adult bush.
Thorn bushes are made up of small bushes. When the plant develops singly, it forms a voluminous tall shrub. Often the blackthorn can be found on the side of the road, on the sunny forest edge or on the wasteland. Thickets are formed in ravines and on slopes, as well as in ravines. Especially good thorn develops on the soil rich in lime salts.
Preparation of raw materials
The saturation of the plant with useful substances makes it possible for the therapeutic purpose of all its parts. The turn for the winter is harvested in stages.
- Harvesting bark. Begins in early spring - in March. The bark is cut off with slices from the main trunk and adult branches. The area of the cuts should be small to quickly tighten the damage. You can not damage the wood with a knife, so as not to destroy the plant. The bark of the turn is laid out under the sun in the open air or dried with the help of a dryer at a temperature of about 60 ° C.
- Harvesting flowers. It starts from the middle of April - the period of budding or the beginning of flowering. Inflorescences gently cut or tear, laid out under the scattered sunlight on a tissue or paper tray. Dry, regularly turning the raw material.
- Leaf preparation. It begins after the plant is completely flowering, when all the flowers have already wilted, and the leaves are well blossomed. It is advisable to collect the largest leaves, dry them under a canopy in the open air or in the dryer.
- Harvesting young shoots. They are collected in the middle, the end of June, since it is then that the greatest concentration of nutrients is concentrated in the shoots. Young shoots are tied up in panicles, hung them under diffused sunlight or in a shaded place, under the open air. You can lay out the raw material in a thin layer on a pallet or dry it in the oven or dryer.
- Fruit storage. It begins in September, when the still greenish fruits contain a large amount of tannins. Harvesting turnip continues until mid-October. It was at this time that pleasant-tasting berries are collected, ideal for preparing desserts and preserves, as well as medicines with a broad spectrum of action. A certain part of tannins is stored in the fruit and after frost.
- The preparation of the roots. It starts in late autumn. It is desirable to carry out harvesting among artificial or thickets growing in nature, since it is there that the restoration of the number of individuals of the plant occurs quickly. They dig up the roots, wash them with running cold water, dry them in the sun and dry them in an oven or electric furnace.
For fresh fruits in winter, you can freeze the turn. To do this, the berries are sorted, washed with clean water, dried from moisture. After that, the fruits are laid out on a wide pallet in one layer, put it in the freezer for a couple of hours. Berries are poured into a bag or plastic container.
What are the valuable berries ...
All parts of the sloe are rich in tannins, which have a number of therapeutic properties.
- Astringent action Manifested by the ability of tannins of the fruit of the thorns to form albuminates with the proteins of the skin and mucous membranes - special proteins of dense structure. The albumin film protects damaged epithelium areas from mechanical and chemical irritation.
- Healing action. Under the action of tannins, irritation of damaged areas is reduced, this accelerates the rate of epithelialization.
- Antimicrobial action. Tannins of thorns have bacteriostatic and fungistatic properties, that is, they eliminate bacterial and fungal infections and prevent their development in the area of skin damage.
- Antiexudative action. The sloe reduces the production of exudate in the area of damage, dries weeping wounds and ulcers.
- Anti-inflammatory effect. It consists in the ability of thorns to reduce the production of prostaglandins and leukotrienes - the main mediators of inflammation, provoking hyperemia and swelling of inflamed tissues.
In addition to tannins, thorn fruits contain a lot of other useful components.
- Sahara. Easily assimilable types of carbohydrates are a good support of the body during a breakdown, after illness. Sugars are a source of glucose for all tissues of the body, and therefore serve for its proper operation.
- Organic acids. Possess antioxidant properties. Gently stimulate peristalsis, have a diaphoretic, diuretic effect. They have an antiparasitic effect.
- Pectins. They adsorb toxins, heavy metal salts, food processing products, and the vital activity of bacteria. Eliminate dysbacteriosis, contributing to the preponderance of the ratio of normal and pathogenic microflora in the direction of beneficial bacteria.
- Vitamins. Presented with vitamins C, P, K, PP, B2. They have a tonic effect on the state of the body. Improve metabolism. Contribute to the normalization of blood formation.
- Minerals Calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorus. Needed for normal electrolyte metabolism. Participants of enzymatic reactions and important physiological processes. They are especially needed for the normal state of the bone tissue, the conduction of nerve impulses, the improvement of cellular respiration processes.
... leaves, flowers, bark and roots
Thorn leaves, in addition to tannins, contain bitterness, flavonoids, phytoncids. This provides them with health benefits:
The chemical composition of thorns has not been thoroughly studied. It is known that the glycoside amygdalin contained in it is in low concentrations, and therefore has therapeutic properties:
The bark and roots of the turn are saturated with tannins, and therefore are actively used as an antidiarrheal agent.
The use of thorns
Flowers and thorns are actively used in folk medicine as a diuretic for various intoxications and swelling of the heart or kidney character. The beneficial effect of thorns leaves on the vessels allows you to deal with capillary fragility, varicose veins. Indications for the use of thorns in vascular pathologies expand to vasculitis due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Sweatshops properties of thorns will be useful in febrile conditions, and antibacterial - in inflammatory and infectious diseases of the skin. In addition, it is known about the ability of drugs from the flowers of turn to eliminate nausea.
Improving the metabolism in the application of thorns helps to alleviate the patient's condition for gout, because the plant is able to remove salt deposits from the body. The hypoglycemic effect of the berries makes it possible to use them in diabetes.
The roots and turnus bark exhibit the following therapeutic properties:
Drugs of the root and bark are used for diarrhea, as an anchoring agent, as well as colitis of different origin, to restore and optimize bowel function.
Impact on the body
The rich chemical composition of the fruit determines their widespread use for therapeutic purposes.
- For the digestive tract. Thorns and preparations of them stimulate the digestion of food, increase appetite, improve the secretion of enzymes and gastric juice, ensuring good digestion. The antiparasitic effect of the juice helps to get rid of worms and toxic products of their life. The anti-inflammatory effect of thorns manifests itself well in ulcerative colitis, gastritis, and pancreatitis. Turn turns normal digestion, gently eliminates chronic constipation. Low calorie and beneficial effects of the plant on the metabolism allows the use of thorns for weight loss.
- For blood. The turn contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals, among which is iron, which provides hemoglobin synthesis. Tern has an antianemic effect, normalizes the biochemical composition of blood, improves the process of its saturation with oxygen. In addition, the turn normalizes blood pressure. The diuretic effect, manifested as a result of stimulation of the kidneys, leads to an improvement in their detoxification function and blood purification.
- For the skin. Astringent, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of the turn allow using it to eliminate purulent skin diseases: infected wounds, trophic ulcers, pustular eruptions.
- For the lungs. Thorns preparations help to get rid of cough, inflammation of the respiratory tract, normalize the work of the ciliated epithelium of the bronchi, prevent stagnation of the secret.
Рецепты применения терна разнообразны. Ниже приведены самые распространенные из них.
Особенности. Принимают внутрь для терапии хронических болезней печени, почек, мочеточника. С помощью настоя можно существенно ускорить обмен веществ. Очищение организма позволяет избавиться от кожных заболеваний инфекционной и аллергической природы. Infusion is used for washing wounds, eliminating rashes, and also for the face as a remedy for acne.
Preparation and use
- Two tablespoons of a mixture of flowers and leaves pour a glass of slightly cooled boiled water.
- Means insist all night (about eight hours).
- In the morning filter, use inside a quarter of a glass, three times a day.
Features With the help of this broth, you can reduce fever, eliminate the symptoms of fever and speed recovery from colds and viral diseases.
Preparation and use
- Dried rhizomes (5 g), pour a glass of boiling water, put in a slowly boiling water bath.
- To languish means for half an hour.
- Removed from the bath, cooled for three hours, then filtered.
- Accept inside on a quarter of a glass, three times a day.
Features A decoction of the fruit is taken orally for various inflammatory diseases, regardless of their location (rheumatism, gout, cystitis, pancreatitis, colitis, bronchitis).
Preparation and use
- A couple of tablespoons of dried fruit poured half a liter of boiling water.
- Fruits languish over low heat for 10 minutes.
- After removal from heat, the medium is filtered. Take half a glass, four times a day, before meals.
Features It is necessary to make a tincture of thorns, taking into account the fact that before its preparation, the fruits are rinsed with water, not washing off the wax.
Preparation and use
- A kilogram of ripe, washed fruits, free from the bone, is placed in a glass jar, 300 g of sugar are poured.
- The neck of the banks closed with gauze. The vessel is placed for three days in a warm and sunny place.
- Vodka or diluted alcohol is poured into the fermented mixture and mixed thoroughly.
- The jar is closed with a lid. Insist the mixture for two weeks at room temperature.
- The first week you need to shake the can daily.
- After the expiration of the infusion, the resulting drink is filtered through several layers of gauze.
- Consume inside 30 ml, three times a day.
Often, the fruits of thorns are introduced into the composition of fees to reduce weight, correct pressure, relieve inflammation.
Role in cooking
Thorns are actively used for the preparation of first, second courses, desserts and sauces. The famous tkemali sauce includes the sweet and sour flesh of these fruits. Bulgarians add fruits to cereals, to give them a special flavor. Has a special taste of jam and thorns, as well as jelly and compotes with its addition.
The taste of the fruit was appreciated by lovers of hand-made drinks. Prickly plum is used to flavor vodka, and home-brewed moonshine is made from overripe berries. Wine on the basis of thorns has an interesting color and sweet-sour, slightly astringent taste. Popularity received and the preparation of brandy of thorns at home.
Features It is prepared for a long time, but the result is a very tasty and healthy low-alcohol drink.
- 4 kg of fresh, ripe blackthorn are stoned, placed in a container, 3 kg of sugar are poured, 200 ml of water are added.
- The mixture is placed in a warm, sunlit place for fermentation. The neck of the container is tied with gauze.
- After the active fermentation begins, the container is transferred to a warm place, a rubber glove is put on the neck, piercing one finger.
- Infusion in a warm place is carried out until the glove is completely deflated.
- Drink filtered in storage tanks, lowered them for a month in the basement for aging.
Useful properties of thorns are relevant in everyday life. Artificial planting of thorns is often carried out to strengthen the soil near the ravines, the banks of the reservoir. Powerful root system prevents ground movement and collapses. Often the turn is grown as a hedge to protect gardens. With proper care of the plant, you can form a crown or shrubs, wrapping this quality for the benefit of the farm.
The healing properties of thorns have been known for a long time. Thanks to modern research, they are not refuted by modern official medicine. In ancient times, the plant was endowed with magical properties, and the places where thorns seeds germinated were considered sacred.
What is the use of thorns for the body?
Rich fortified and mineral composition of the plant proves its usefulness. What is useful turn?
- The thorns have a laxative effect, which means its effectiveness in constipation. In addition, the fruits of the plant help to normalize the digestive tract, as well as reduce the risk of gastritis, colitis, gastric ulcers. Thorns also help to get rid of flatulence, the product is shown to be used for chronically increased gas formation,
- The fruits of the plant have a cleansing quality, thanks to him the turn is able to remove harmful components from the body, slagging, poisonous substances, as well as normalize the intestinal microflora,
- The turn is effectively used for weight loss. Nutritionists have developed several effective diets based on the fruits of this plant. It is proved that the product helps to establish the work of metabolic processes, helps to normalize the process of digestion of incoming food, struggles in the risk of the appearance of fat deposits,
- Healing properties of turn are known to many healers. It has been proven that the plant has expectorant, anti-inflammatory, diaphoretic, antibacterial qualities,
- The plant helps to cope with nervous disorders and general weakness of the body. The fruits are actively used for dizziness, shortness of breath, insomnia, nausea, and increased irritability,
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of thorns are reliably used in dentistry. Broth fruit recommended to rinse the mouth. In addition, due to the astringent effect, the plant is also used to treat gums, as well as the outer surface of the oral cavity,
- It is recommended for the cores to regularly regale the thorns, because they help the heart system to work in a normal rhythm, strengthen the walls of blood vessels, reduce the risk of developing many heart ailments,
- To strengthen the immune system are actively used the fruits of this plant. Due to the full vitaminized composition, the product helps to stabilize the work of the protective forces of the whole organism,
- The turn reduces the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood, and also contributes to lowering the level of blood pressure,
- An indispensable product is the turn for men. This product normalizes the general condition of the prostate gland and helps prevent the development of adenoma,
- And for women, the turn is an invaluable benefit. Regular consumption of the fruits of this plant helps to reduce the risk of developing nervous diseases, greatly alleviates the condition of a woman with PMS, helps to reduce pain during menstruation,
- The fruits of the plant are shown in various liver diseases. Due to its cleansing properties, the product is indispensable for pathologies of the kidneys and liver.
The use of thorns is the most varied. But the basis of the fruit is prepared jams, compotes, decoctions, infusions. The pulp, as well as the juice of fresh fruits, is actively used in cosmetology. The pulp of the fruit helps to deal with purulent and inflammatory processes on the skin, eliminates acne and acne.
When it comes to delicious berries - turn, the beneficial properties and contraindications of this product are individual. Despite the uniqueness and usefulness of thorns, it also has contraindications for use. Thorns can not be used in such diseases and pathologies as:
- gastritis with high acidity,
- allergic reaction or individual intolerance of the product,
- gastric ulcer in the acute stage,
- acidity of the stomach in elevated levels.
They have thorns and certain harm. This circumstance mainly concerns the staining of the tooth enamel in a bluish tint during the consumption of berries. The use of thorns for gums is great, but the juice of the fruit is able to paint the tooth enamel in a bluish tinge, at the same time, a similar color is washed off only in a few days.
It is important to know that when preparing a decoction of thorns, it is strictly forbidden to leave them stored in liquid. In the bones of the fruit is a toxic substance - amygdalin. If amygdalin interacts for a long time with an aqueous medium, then, in the subsequent one, it provokes the appearance of toxic components in the liquid, which, accordingly, cause intoxication in the body of a person who drinks broth.
Application of thorns
Useful qualities of thorns, the benefits and harms of which are fully proven, are not lost when cooking various dishes. Most often, fruits are used to make sweet preserves, stewed fruit, and other preservation. In addition, the thorns can be used as an additional ingredient in the preparation of main dishes or salads. Maws, marmalade, smoothies, thorns cocktails are amazing in taste and aroma.
Healthy nutrition experts recommend combining the fruits of a healthy plant with:
- various fruits
- non-starchy vegetables
- any varietal greens,
- hard cheeses
- low-fat meat,
What can be cooked from thorns?
Options for tasty and healthy dishes of thorns are many.
Compote of thorns
To make a healthy drink you need to take about 200 grams. thorn fruits, 1, 5 l. clean water, sugar about 100 grams, citric acid - at the very tip of a knife.
Put the fruits of the plant thoroughly washed and free from foreign components into a small saucepan, add the required amount of water, citric acid to the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. After - add the required amount of sugar, then bring the liquid to a boil again and cook for about 25 minutes.
After preparing a useful compote, the fluid is required to drain.
Decoction of thorns
For the preparation of a healthy decoction you need to choose dense and whole fruits. Broth is prepared at the rate of 500 ml. clean water is taken about 2 tbsp. spoons of fruit. Berries need to pour boiling water, cover the container with a decoction of a dense lid and allow the liquid to infuse for an hour. After the specified time, the broth is required to strain from the berries.
The most popular preparations for the winter of the fruit of thorns. What can be made of thorns for the winter?
Jam with stones
To make healthy jam, you need to carefully go through about 2 kg. of thorns. Berries are required to be divided into 2 (halves) parts, and from the seeds of each berry to remove the core. Pour the prepared berries 500 gr. Sahara. Leave the resulting mixture in a similar state for 1 night, while you do not need to mix anything.
In the morning, see if the juice has stood out from the berries. If the juice seems a little, then you need to add a little boiled water. Put the resulting mass on a small fire, first bring to a full boil, and then cook until the fruits are fully cooked. At the end of cooking, add vanilla and cinnamon to your own taste in the finished jam.
Pour the prepared jam into sterilized jars, cool, and store in the refrigerator.
Important secrets of using the thorns
- How to choose the right fruit? Thorn berries are harvested after the first frost has hit. Preference is necessary to give strong and elastic fruits that are free from sores and cracks. For winter processing, it is impossible to choose fruits with rot impregnations.
- The rate of useful consumption of thorns. Nutritionists recommend not to get involved in the consumption of the fruits of the plant. It is advisable to eat healthy fruits no more than 2 times and within 1 week, while one portion of berries should not exceed 100 grams.
- Useful storage of thorns. In order to get maximum useful qualities from “blue” fruits, they are recommended to undergo heat treatment less. You can store the turn in different variations: freezing, drying, drying - in the specified storage option, the berries retain their beneficial qualities for 12 months. But fresh thorns can not be stored for more than 10 days.
If you find an error, please highlight a piece of text and click Ctrl + Enter.
Useful properties of thorns
Fruits, leaves, flowers and roots of the plant produce a tonic effect and help fight a number of ailments.
The berries themselves are valuable due to the following properties:
- Relax for chronic constipation.
- Activate the digestion and peristalsis of the intestine, restore its microflora.
- Reduce the acidity of the stomach, thereby reducing the likelihood of recurrence of gastritis, ulcers, colitis.
- Reduce flatulence, relieve flatulence.
- Free radicals, salts and suspensions of chemical elements, toxins, excess fluid, harmful cholesterol, slags are bound and removed from the body.
- Promote weight loss due to increased metabolism and improved digestion, and organic acids in the composition provide a rapid breakdown of lipids.
- Contribute to the discharge of sputum for diseases of the oropharynx and nasopharynx, colds.
- Produce anti-inflammatory, diuretic and diaphoretic effect, and a high content of amino acids and vitamin C provides rapid rehabilitation for any disease.
- They restore the nervous system, therefore they are effective for sleep disorders, depression, panic syndrome and irritability, general fatigue.
- Produce antiseptic and hemostatic effect, promote healing of ulcers and wounds, reduce inflammation and irritation of the skin.
- Strengthen the heart muscle and vascular walls, reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack, reduce blood pressure.
- They regulate the level of cholesterol in the plasma, as well as purify the liver and kidneys, contribute to their recovery after an illness or surgery.
- Promote the natural removal of stones from the kidneys or bile ducts.
- Produce an antibacterial effect, kill pathogens (fungi, bacterial sticks, etc.).
- Antioxidants in the composition of thorns produce an antitumor effect, prevent the oxidation of cells, thereby preserving their youth and quality.
Flavonoids have a positive effect on blood flow and blood quality, reduce vascular permeability, increase clotting. A diet on the turn helps to normalize high blood pressure and reduces the risk of hypertensive states.
In men, the turn provides prevention of prostate diseases, the occurrence of benign tumors, adenomas.
In women, the berry reduces nervous tension and PMS manifestations, produces an analgesic effect during menstruation. Pulp and blackthorn are used in cosmetology, providing natural cleansing of the skin, elimination of adolescent acne, acne, dermatitis and couperose mesh. Also, the components in the composition contribute to toning and deep moisturizing of the skin and hair.
Fruits, greens or wood
Blackthorn is a unique plant, since all its parts acquire healing properties.
Tart berry ripens after the first frost. Then the fruits are dried, make alcohol tinctures, prepare decoctions and jams.
In fresh or dried form, the turn is used for diseases of the digestive tract, including dysbacteriosis, inflammatory processes, parasitic invasion. Fresh juice removes toxins from food poisoning, promotes recovery from dysentery and jaundice, effectively fights against Giardia and pinworms.
Fresh and black wine can be used for applications and compresses for skin diseases (eczema, dermatitis, etc.).
Broth from the fruit, you can rinse the mouth - tanning components provide treatment of gums and healing of microcracks in the mucous membrane. Also, such a natural conditioner produces prophylaxis of stomatitis and candidiasis of the oral cavity, periodontal disease and periodontitis.
Thorn shoots are brewed as tea, which provides a pronounced laxative and diuretic effect. Excess fluid leaves the body, thereby reducing the temperature during fever, decreases swelling.
Effective tea with prostate adenoma, cystitis, urolithiasis and kidney stones, nephritis, increased bile secretion.
Broth leaves can also rinse the mouth with dental pathologies.
Lotions with healing infusion are effective for dermatosis, pustular lesions, furunculosis.
The inflorescences of the bush are harvested at the bud stage.
Tea and tinctures of flowers strengthen the body's defenses, produce antipyretic and diuretic effect.
It is enough to drink tea with thorns 2 times a day to safely reduce pressure, reduce toxicosis during pregnancy, shortness of breath.
Also, the decoction is effective in diseases of the liver and kidneys, chronic constipation.
It is useful to use this tea at night - it will soothe the nervous system, relax muscles and ensure prolonged sound sleep.
For colds, a decoction of flowers knits and relieves inflammation of the mucous membranes of the esophagus, throat, and mouth cavity. Inhalations over the broth reduce runny nose and contribute to vasoconstriction.
It is recommended to dig up the roots in the fall. Then they must be thoroughly dried in the sun and in the oven. Various means of thorns (infusions, decoctions, juice) are effective for inflammatory, viral and respiratory diseases. For a long time, roots have been used to treat malaria.
Удивительно, но корни, в отличии от сока плодов, обладают крепящим эффектом, поэтому незаменимы при хронической диарее и остром отравлении.
Отвар из корней используется для аппликаций при поражениях кожного покрова, в том числе при рожистом воспалении.
Спринцевание отваром корней терна уменьшает проявление вагинита и кандидоза.
Кора обладает отличными вяжущими свойствами. It is recommended to bathe babies in the broth, as well as to make antiseptic baths for the affected skin.
A decoction of bark can bring down the temperature not worse than raspberry tea.
A decoction of thorns branches is an indispensable remedy for gout, which allows splitting and excreting uric acid salts from the body.
Harm of turn and contraindications
Unfortunately, the abundance of extractive components and other substances is not always well tolerated by the human body. For example, because of the high content of dyes and acids, the turn is an allergen. If there is an individual intolerance to various berries or citrus fruits in the history, then treatment with thorns is contraindicated for you.
It is also undesirable to use the berry in the period of acute gastrointestinal diseases. With increased acidity, gastritis or ulcers it is recommended to drink a decoction of flowers or bark, but in no case is not fresh sour fruit juice.
There is another nuance, but it is more aesthetic. Pigments in the pulp can paint the enamel in a dark blue shade for several days, so it is not recommended to abuse the fruits on the eve of work or an important event.
Nutritionists recommend limiting the use of thorns and healthy people. A useful dose of 100 g, while the berry should not regale more often 2 times a week. Remember that a fresh berry has a diuretic and a weakening effect, which may catch you off guard at the most inopportune moment. A fruit jam contains a large amount of carbohydrates and, if abused, quickly leads to weight gain.
Gastroenterologists recommend using only the thorny flesh, but not the bones that contain the toxin. For this reason, preservation with fruit is not recommended to be stored for too long, as amigdoline together with hydrocyanic acid diffuses from the seed into the product itself. Fresh fruits are also stored no more than 10 days in a cool dry place.
The turn is a rather rare and valuable berry, therefore, having met him on the counter, be sure to prepare for a long winter. Jam and broths of thorns strengthen the immune system, relieve colds and promote relaxation of the nervous system. A valuable bark and inflorescences will provide healing compresses for various skin lesions.
During treatment with popular recipes, it is important to know when to stop and remember about contraindications. In case of individual intolerance of the product, consult a doctor.
Caloric and chemical composition of thorns
Before proceeding to discuss the beneficial properties of berries, leaves or flowers of thorns, it is worth talking about its caloric content and chemical composition. Per 100 grams of product accounts for only 54 Kcal, so it can be called low-calorie. The turn also contains 1.5 g of proteins, 0.3 g of fat and 9.4 g of carbohydrates (per 100 g).
Fruits of thorns contain glucose, fructose, fiber, malic acid, pectin, tannins, vitamins A (RE), E, C, and B2. Among the microelements included is iron, which is 10.6% per 100 grams of product. It is also worth remembering about macro elements: potassium (9.6% of the required daily allowance), calcium (3.2%), magnesium (4.3%). The berries of the plant are also characterized by the content of phosphorus, iron and sodium, which also It has a positive effect on the healing properties of thorns.
A large amount of vitamins C and E is found in the leaves of the shrub, where they are harmoniously combined with phenol carboxylic acids, anthocyanins and flavonoids.
Useful and healing properties of thornsAs you can see, blackthorn fruits contain a lot of valuable and healthy substances: sugars, organic acids, fiber, etc. Due to this, they have diuretic (diuretic), astringent, diaphoretic and antiseptic action. This means that such berries are excellent for normalizing the digestive system (useful for digestive disorders, diarrhea), relieve nausea, stop vomiting, and kill germs and bacteria.
In addition to fruits, bush leaves are often used, of which herbalists brew teas (act as a home diuretic, laxative and healing agent), infusions (dressings moistened in them are applied as compresses to wounds, which significantly reduces the healing time). Together with the berries, the leaves of this miraculous plant are excellent for the role of an adjunct in diseases of the urogenital system: cystitis, nephritis, urolithiasis. You can use the fruit of thorns and to increase the appetite. Simply put, knowing the appropriate recipes, you can safely use to treat any part of the plant.
The use of thorns for medicinal purposes
Useful properties of berries, leaves, flowers and even thorns rhizomes found widely used in alternative medicine. So, the turn perfectly copes with edema, dysentery, candidiasis, vaginitis, nonspecific colitis and general intoxication of the body. When food poisoning, the use of blackthorn berries allows you to quickly cleanse the body of toxins and improve the functioning of the digestive tract. A decoction made from thorns is an excellent aid in the treatment of gout, and also helps to excrete urea salts from the body.
Antioxidants and flavonoids, which are part of the berries, reduce capillary permeability and improve blood circulation, contributing to blood clotting. Knowing the usefulness of the turn, and wanting to check its useful properties on their own experience, the following recipes for making teas, decoctions or infusions will be useful.
Tea from flowers and thorns leavesTea from flowers and thorns leaves used in cystitis, chronic constipation and prostate adenoma. In addition, it has a pleasant taste and aroma, thanks to which this drink can be drunk daily as a general tonic.
It is easy to prepare such a tea: the dried leaves and thorns are mixed, and then two full teaspoons of raw materials (with top) are poured ¼ l of water, after which the resulting composition should be slowly brought to a boil and drain. Tea is consumed daily, but not more than two cups per day.
Juice of thorns
Not only dried sloes are useful, but also juice from fresh berries. In particular, it helps to get rid of jaundice, and also acts as an antibacterial agent, having a negative effect on Giardia and other protozoa. It is also effective for skin diseases, in the treatment of which appropriate compresses will help.
To prepare the juice, the flesh of the fruits of the shrub is separated from the stone, heated to 60-70 ° C and kneaded into mush. The juice squeezed out of it can be consumed immediately or rolled up in jars.
Infusion of thorns flowers
Prepared from flowers blackthorn infusion It has a positive effect on metabolism, and also normalizes the liver. In fact, it is prepared in the same way as tea: 40 g of dried flowers are poured with a glass of boiling water and left to infuse for 40 minutes, then filter and drink 150 ml three times a day. This recipe is also suitable in cases where you need to get an effective laxative from the flowers of the bush. In addition, if there are problems with the liver, kidneys, bladder and for colds, the following infusion will be helpful: 40 g of thorns flowers are poured with a glass of warm boiled water and filtered after 10 hours. It is necessary to accept means before food four times a day on glasses.
Infusion of thorns leavesPrepare the infusion using the leaves of thorns, very simple: for one glass of hot water there is one tablespoon of the crushed leaves of the plant, after which the resulting composition must be boiled over medium heat for 15 minutes. After the liquid has cooled, it is filtered and squeezed. Ready infusion take on ½ of a glass (and a full glass can be) three times a day before meals. This tool has good diuretic properties, so it is recommended to use it for edema, diseases of the kidneys and organs of the urogenital system.
Thorn leaves are also often used to heal wounds and ulcers, in the treatment of which fresh parts of the shrub are simply applied to sore spots, and dried steamed in boiling water and compresses are made of them.
To prepare the tincture of thorns are suitable and its berries. The pre-harvested fruits of the shrub (it is advisable not to wash them, but simply select the good and intact ones) are poured into a jar and filled with vodka, and so that the berries are covered 5 cm above their level. For infusion requires constant monitoring, and as vodka is absorbed, it must be topped up. After three months, the liquid is drained, and sugar is added to the berries (for 10 kg of fruit, 1.5 kg of sugar will be needed). After that, the fruit must be kept for another month (until the syrup is formed), and then filtered and mixed with the liquid that was separated at the very beginning. Within six months you will feel just the incredible aroma of the tincture.
An incredibly useful and tonic remedy is decoction of thorns, for the preparation of which you will need to pour 1 tablespoon of fresh or dried raw materials with a glass of boiling water, leaving it to infuse for 1 hour. Take liquid on an empty stomach (in the morning) for 4 days. A decoction of blackthorn berries can be used to increase appetite, as well as a diuretic, astringent and antiseptic.
Broth from bark and rootsThe roots and the bark of the turn, as well as the rest of the shrub, have a number of healing properties. Therefore, it is not surprising that in traditional medicine different decoctions of them are often used. Harvest roots in the fall, for which these parts are first dug and left briefly in the sun. At the second stage, the raw material prepared in this way should be placed in a special dryer or in a conventional oven for further drying (as a result, the roots should easily break without changing their color much).
There are several cooking methods. decoction of the bark and roots of thorns. When using the first option, there are 20 parts of water per one part of dried roots and bark. The resulting mixture is brought to a boil and left to stew in a water bath for 20 minutes. The finished product is cooled and taken 1-2 tablespoons 4-5 times a day. This decoction is perfect for the role of antipyretic and sudorific.
For the second method, 5 g of crushed root or bark is brewed in 200 ml of boiling water, then placed in a water bath and boiled for 30 minutes, and then allowed to infuse for another hour. Ready cooled and filtered broth should be taken three times a day and 1/3 cup (after meals).
If desired, you can cook the broth only from the bark. To do this, 1 teaspoon of powdered powdered raw material is poured with a glass of boiling water and simmering for 15 minutes. The finished product can be used instead of tea. To douche one glass of broth must be diluted with boiled water in a ratio of 1: 1.
Broth from thorns can be used for diarrhea and respiratory diseases, and it also improves the general condition of the patient with malaria.
Broth young shoots and branches
Another good diaphoretic is decoction of finely notched, pre-dried twigs (by its action such a remedy is not inferior to raspberries and has an antipyretic effect). To prepare such a decoction, 1 teaspoon of raw materials is poured with a glass of boiling water and left to simmer for 15 minutes. It is necessary to use means in a warm look, but there are no requirements to a dosage.
Blackthorn berries in cookingNot all housewives know that thorns are excellent raw materials for the preparation of various drinks, jelly, jam, juice and even cereal. And what a delicious blackthorn jam, you just have to cook it correctly. In this case, the fruits of the shrub are first washed and folded in an enamel bowl, covered with sugar on top. Then they are poured with water, using as much liquid as necessary to completely dissolve the sugar. It is necessary to boil the jam over low heat until it is fully cooked, often removing the foam and shaking the bowl. When the jam is fully prepared, the berries are picked and laid out in prepared jars, and the syrup is allowed to cook for about an hour. After the end of the specified time you need to pour the fruit with syrup and close them. To improve the taste and flavor of the blank you can add a couple of drops of rose oil to it.
Even more unusual recipe can be called turnip porridge, although some housewives consider it a completely ordinary dish. In fact, it relates more to the Bulgarian cuisine, although it is often found here. To cook it, slightly extinguish the thorn berries in a small amount of water, and then wipe them through a sieve. The resulting slurry is pasteurized in glass jars at a temperature of + 95 ° C for 30 minutes and rolled. This preparation in combination with orange juice can be used for casseroles, puddings, marmalade, etc.
If you wish, you can even cook steamed dumplings with thorns, for which you will need standard ingredients (flour, salt, sugar, eggs and a little soda), kefir and thorns.
Contraindications and harm from thornsThe turn is a wonderful plant, and its benefits to the body can not be overestimated, but in some cases we have to talk about the harm caused by the fruits. but all contraindications are associated with individual intolerance to the components of the thorns, but the advantages of this shrub are much more, so do not immediately abandon it.