Cucumber Mamenkin pet f1 breeders received by crossing 2 varieties. The plant bears fruit well both in the open field and in the greenhouse. When breeding a hybrid in open areas, the method of horizontal cultivation in the beds is used. When bushes are grown in a greenhouse, vertical cultivation of plants is used to fit the maximum number of bushes in the existing area. You can grow a hybrid on the balcony, because it does not need pollination with insects.
Briefly about the plant and its fruits
Characteristics and description of the variety are as follows:
- After planting seeds in the ground, finished products can be obtained in 45-50 days.
- The bush has a small height. For the hybrid is characterized by a small number of lateral shoots. On the bushes a small amount of leaves, so the plants do not interfere with each other.
- The plant has female-type flowers. Ovaries are formed as a bundle.
- In the described cucumber cylindrical shape. Fruit weight does not exceed 90 grams with a length of 80 to 100 mm. It is painted in light shades of green, has a slight ribbing. The surface of the fruit is covered with white. Pretty sharp spikes. On the flower side of the cucumber, there are light stripes that do not reach the middle of the fruit.
- There are no seed chambers and other voids inside the cucumber.
Reviews gardeners show that mamenkin pet has a yield of 10-13 kg per 1 square. The hybrid is resistant to most diseases characteristic of cucumbers.
Fruits can be used fresh, add them to salads. Cucumbers marinate for the winter or salt. Due to the fact that the fruit is resistant to transportation over long distances, it is grown on an industrial scale.
Sowing hybrid seeds
Pre-seed fund disinfected with a weak solution of potassium permanganate, aloe juice or honey. After that, seeds are germinated before the appearance of the roots. The largest specimens are selected, and then they are planted in separate peat cups. Watered with warm water. Feed complex fertilizers or organic.
Grown up seedlings are transferred to the open ground at the end of May. When planting seeds in the greenhouse, this period is shifted to the end of April. When planting on the beds it is necessary that the air temperature during the day should not fall below +22 ° C. If there is a danger of lowering the night temperature below +16 ° C, then it is recommended to cover bushes in open areas with warm material, and install heating devices in greenhouses without heating.
Mamenkin favorite loves warmth and good illumination. Therefore, for planting it is necessary to choose places where there are no drafts. The format of planting bushes is 0.5 X 0.5 m.
At home, this hybrid is planted on window sills, balconies, in loggias. In such conditions, cucumbers grow all year round, if the soil is not over-humidified, there are no drafts, there is normal lighting. For home-grown bushes, the danger of soil drying out is of great danger. Plants start to hurt, give little fruit.
Watering plants should be 2-3 times a week with warm water, defended under the sun. Use moderate amounts of fluid. It is necessary to ensure that the water does not fall on the leaves, otherwise the bushes will burn, and this will affect the yield. When severe drought increases the frequency of watering - it is done every day. We can not allow the soil to dry at the roots of the hybrid. Otherwise, up to 40% of the harvest will be lost. In rainy weather, the frequency of irrigation is reduced to 1 time per week.
To prevent plants from shading each other, it is recommended to remove all the leaves that interfere with the neighboring bushes. Feeding cucumbers should be done at least 4 times per season. First, organic fertilizers (manure, peat, chicken manure) are used. Then add a little nitrogen and potash mixtures. During flowering bushes give more phosphate fertilizers.
If the farmer has complex mixtures containing nitrogen, potash and phosphorus ingredients, you can feed the hybrid 3 times per season. Initially, this operation is carried out 10 days after planting seedlings in the ground. The following dressings are produced during the flowering and fruit formation.
The hybrid form of the cucumber "Mammies favorite pet f1" is parthenocarpic. This variety is included in the State Register of the Russian Federation for cultivation as an early vegetable culture in film greenhouses without the presence of forced heating.
The phase of fruiting cucumbers "Mamenkin favorite" comes 40 days after the emergence of full shoots when sown. The plant is characterized as weakly branching, with a female type of flowering. The number of ovaries in one node is not less than three. The leaves are bright green, medium size. Fruits are small, cylindrical, dark green in color with short stripes. The surface of Zelentsov is large, with white pubescence and thick sandpaper.
The average weight of commercial greens does not exceed 125-130 g. Tastes are excellent, and the flesh is very juicy and not having bitterness. Marketable yield per square meter of landings is about 13 kg. The hybrid form is not affected by kladosporia, powdery mildew. The formation of lateral shoots of the determinant type is observed.
Before sowing to the ridges in open ground, it is recommended to soak the seeds for several days, which will speed up the emergence of shoots. Planting seed is required in a moist, moderately loose, as well as necessarily heated at a depth of 10 cm in the soil. It is necessary to deepen the seeds by no more than 3-3, 5 cm.
In weather and climatic conditions on the territory of the Moscow Region it is recommended to sow seeds in greenhouses not earlier than mid-April. When grown on ridges with a temporary film cover, prepared seeds are sown in the last decade of April. Sowing in open ground can be carried out in mid-May. In the middle zone of our country, the hybrid cucumbers "Mammies the favorite" are recommended to be sown at the end of May on warm ridges with a cover of crops with foil.
Good results are obtained by growing cucumber seedlings, the age of which at the time of planting should not be less than 25-30 days. Plants should be planted with a distance of 0, 9 m from each other and approximately the same distance between rows.
The main care is watering, feeding, loosening and weeding. The use of the mulch layer will keep the soil moisture, and also helps to suppress the growth of weeds.
Vegetable growers reviews
Cucumbers "Mamenkin f1 pet" have very different reviews. Some gardeners consider the variety one of the best and recommend it for cultivation. Other vegetable growers do not like that the plant bears fruit only until it grows to a trellis, and then does not form a re-crop. However, according to the majority, this hybrid cucumber grows well and plentifully bears fruit both in the greenhouse and in the open field, and negative reviews are most often attributed to insufficiently proper agricultural practices.
This variety is completely picky and has become quite popular due to high yields and resistance to many diseases. Among other things, the cucumbers "Mama's favorite-f1" needs a lot of heat and moisture, and with their lack of greenhouses grow very slowly and pour.
After the appearance of seven leaves, gardeners recommend pinching, which significantly increases the yield.
The first fruits appear after 6 weeks after germination. In the leaf sinuses formed by 3-7 ovaries. The hybrid has a strong (as for cucumbers) root system, which is not subject to rot. Foliage - a characteristic shape, bright green.
The advantages of the variety:
- good taste,
- high yield
- suitable for various purposes (salads, pickle, pickling, preservation),
- grows well in greenhouses and in the soil,
- does not need bee pollinating.
Fruit characteristics and yield
Cucumbers are small: in length - 8-10 cm, in weight - 90-110 g. The sturdy, hilly fruits have dense skin, spikes of black color and crispy flesh. One bush for the season brings from 6.3 to 7.4 kg of fruit. From 1 square. meters can collect up to 12.8 kg of crop.
Selection of seedlings
When choosing seedlings carefully inspect the seedlings. A few simple recommendations will help determine the quality of seedlings:
- Get the landing material which age does not exceed 4-4,5 weeks. This can be determined by the number of leaves (4-5 no more) and the height of the shoot (11-14 cm).
- Pay special attention to inspection of the roots. Try to choose plants without dry and broken root processes. On the rhizome must be a piece of wet substrate.
- See that the stem is healthy, without pigmentation, dry grooves, quite strong.
- If the plant has an unnaturally bright color, and its lower leaves are weak and not quite healthy, then most likely the plant has been abused by phytostimulants.
VIDEO: HOW TO VIBRATE THE BEST SPRING
Soil and fertilizer
The best soil for growing cucumbers is clay or loose sand. The recommended acidity is about 7.0 or slightly lower. Acid or alkaline soils are not suitable.
No less important for a good harvest is the right crop rotation. Cucumbers grow poorly after all pumpkin, but they normally take root after root crops and beets. Well, and best of all they feel in places where tomatoes and cabbage grew before them.
Begin to prepare the land for planting during the autumn gardening works. If the pH of the soil is 6.0 or lower, it is necessary to reduce the acidity. For these purposes, apply:
- Slaked lime,
- calcium carbonate,
- alkaline liquid organics,
- dolomitic flour.
- cowsher - 7-10 l,
- ash - 60 g,
- potassium sulfate - 10 g,
- superphosphate - 60 g,
- carbamide - 10 g.
Recommendations that must be followed when growing this hybrid:
- "Mama's favorite" feels most comfortable on light sandy and clay soils with low groundwater levels.
- Re-planting in the same place is possible no earlier than the fifth year.
- The minimum recommended soil temperature is 14 above zero, and the air temperature during the day is from +24 to +30 ° C.
- Requires stable watering.
- Potassium deficiency adversely affects the yield and quality of fruits.
- The place must be chosen in view of the fact that the delicate cucumber foliage is vulnerable to sunburn. It is also detrimental to her drafts.
First of all, seeds need to be calibrated, and select the empty ones. To do this, dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt in 200 ml of water, pour the seeds into the solution for 1/2 hour. Those seeds, which after half an hour will be at the bottom - are good, the rest can be thrown away. If you purchased the original seeds of a well-known brand, they will not need additional processing - the manufacturer has already processed them with everything necessary. Otherwise, the seeds need to be disinfected. The most simple and effective methods of disinfection:
- fill the seeds with a solution of potassium permanganate (1%) for a quarter of an hour,
- 20-25 hours to immerse the seeds in soda solution (1%).
The next stage of the preparation of planting material - hardening. Wrap the seeds in a damp cloth and put them in the refrigerator for 10-12 hours. After that, the seeds should be placed in a zone of high temperature (battery or next to a constantly on incandescent lamp). This simple workout is quite effective; it will prepare seeds for natural climatic extremes. Hardening of seeds It is time to germinate seeds:
- Dampen a wet towel in water and squeeze. The towel should be wet, but water should not drip from it.
- Spread a towel at the bottom of a container of the appropriate size (bowl, plastic container, etc.) so that one part is put in seeds for germination, and the second is covered tightly with seeds.
- Capacity close the film to keep the temperature and humidity.
- Immediately you need to put the seeds in a warm place (+30. +33 ° C). The film is periodically removed for a while.
- After the emergence of shoots, the air temperature must be reduced, the film removed.
Content and location
Peat pots are best for growing seedlings. Plants are planted in the hole with them, which is especially suitable for cucumbers, because of their weak roots. You can use disposable cups with drainage holes in the bottom.
Immediately after sowing seeds in seedlings it is better to install them in one large box, which is covered with foil. The box is put in a warm place. After the emergence of the first shoots need to take care of lighting, at this stage it is no less important than the air temperature. To create an additional light source used lamps. The optimum temperature for growing seedlings is +23. +26 ° C. The place should be isolated from drafts.
Seed planting process
For growing seedlings, you can purchase a special soil in the store. But if you want to feel like a professional gardener, try to prepare the substrate with your own hands:
- humus - 80%,
- the top layer of fertile turf - 20%.
Composition number 2:
- top layer of fertile turf - 40%,
- peat - 40%,
- on 10% of sawdust and mullein.
- Send for decontamination in preheated to 180. 200 ° С oven for a quarter of an hour.
- Pour the soil into a container with drainage holes, carefully spill boiling water with potassium permanganate (10 g per 10 liters of water).
- In the microwave to ignite the soil on maximum mode for a quarter of an hour.
- At the bottom of the pots (glasses) lay drainage.
- Fill up the ground, not getting to the top 1,5-2 cm. Let it stand for 2-3 days.
- By the time the seeds are planted, the soil should be sufficiently moist.
- Make a shallow (7-10 mm) hole on the soil surface, put the germinated seed in it, sprinkle with earth.
VIDEO: CULTIVATION OF CUCUMBER GROWTH
After the shoots have appeared and the film is finally removed, it is necessary to maintain the air temperature within +22. +24 ° C. It is necessary to monitor the degree of soil moisture. It should not be allowed to dry out, as well as waterlogging.
Moisten the substrate with a spray bottle, in case of excessive wetting, stop watering and place the pot with seedlings in a dry, warm place. For irrigation use water temperature +26. +30 ° C.
To transplant in open ground does not become a shock for the plant, it must be hardened. In April, quite warm weather is already established in the south of Russia and throughout Ukraine. On windless days, open windows or take out growths on the air. The main thing - take care of plants from the wind. Start the procedure with 6-8 minutes, gradually increasing the duration of the sessions. Do not miss the moment of the appearance of the first leaf. As soon as this happens, know that the time has come for the first fertilizer. That the time of the second feeding has come, you will be prompted by the appearance of the second leaf. Prepare for feeding such a tool:
- water - 2 l,
- bird droppings - 30 g,
- superphosphate - 3 g,
- ammonium nitrate - 1 g,
- potassium sulfate - 3 g.
Outdoor conditionsSeeds are planted directly in open ground or in the greenhouse, there is no fundamental difference. When grown in a greenhouse, cucumbers may be susceptible to certain diseases characteristic of the greenhouse method. In addition, you need to carefully monitor the humidity. Land under the beds is prepared in the same way as it is done for a rassadnogo method. In the fall, a place is selected taking into account lighting, drafts and crop rotation. If necessary, make alkaline preparations (at pH below 6.0).
At that moment, when you sow the seeds, the temperature of the soil should not be below + 14 ° C. Seeds should be prepared for sowing as well as when sown on seedlings.
Soil loosening and weeding
After each watering it is necessary to loosen the soil, otherwise it will be covered with a crust. This procedure should be carried out extremely carefully. As already mentioned, cucumbers have a weak root system, so you need to loosen shallowly. Approximately three times during the growing season it is necessary to carry out weeding of beds and between rows.
The type of flowering “Mama's pet” is female, which means that he doesn’t need pasynkovanie, since these hybrids almost do not give side shoots. To remove stepchildren is necessary only if the plant has a low yield. In such a situation, it is necessary to mobilize vital resources for the formation of ovaries, and this means that it is necessary to exclude all processes that are not related to fruiting.
Among the agrotechnical methods for growing cucumbers, especially should be said about the garter, among the advantages of which are:
- tied lashes grow more compactly, they need less space,
- easier to harvest
- higher yields
- whip growing tied up, less in need of care,
- on the ovary gets more light and heat, which contributes to the early maturation.
The garter is made after the stem has reached a length of 35-40 cm. There are several ways to garter:
- Horizontal. At the beginning and at the end of the beds set the rack (1-1.5 m tall). Between the tops of the uprights pull the wire or rope. At a distance of 50 cm below - another, parallel to the first.
Between them, every 50-70 cm, you can tie up vertical ropes.
For "Mommy's pet" any one of the above methods is suitable. It is only necessary to choose the optimal height of the tapestry. For this variety, the normal lower boundary of the grid (lower rope) is 30-35 cm from the ground, the top is 1 m.
After the appearance of the first growth of the plant must be fed. They do this when the first 2 true leaflets grow. For spring feeding, ash can be used (50 g per 1 sq. M). Mullein or bird droppings will do. Litter insist in water for 1 week (1 part to 4 parts of water). The appearance of a characteristic odor indicates the readiness of the funds. The resulting concentrate is diluted with water (1:10) and watered cucumbers (0.5 l per 1 plant).
In the event that in the fall you could not fertilize, in addition to organic matter, you must also apply mineral fertilizer:
- potassium sulfate. 20 liters of water 40 g of fertilizer. Water the lash 1.5 liters of funds after the 3 leaf appears. After 3 weeks, repeat the procedure
- nitrophoska. 30 g per 20 liters of water. Watering - after the appearance of 2 leaves (1.5 l per 1 plant),
- urea. In 6 liters of water dissolve 2 tbsp. fertilizer spoons. Spray the whip at the time of formation of the ovaries,
- ammofosk. Dig deep grooves (5-7 cm) along the whole row in the rows. Evenly distributed in 1 groove 2 tbsp. spoons of the drug. Then fill the grooves with earth, dig deep.
If the plants bear bad fruit, and the fruits look weak, have an uncharacteristic dull color, this means is applied to each root:
- ammonium nitrate - 1 tbsp. spoon,
- superphosphate - 1.5 tbsp. spoons
- potassium nitrate - 0.5 tbsp. spoons
- water - 1 bucket.
Well increase the yield of cucumbers and foliar feeding (spraying), for example, with a solution of superphosphate in warm water (2 tablespoons per 1 bucket of water). Or by such means:
- potassium permanganate - 0.5 g,
- boric acid - 1 tsp,
- water - 5 l.
Pests, diseases and prevention
Although the hybrid has a rather developed resistance to diseases, it is still worth to say a few words about the most characteristic diseases and pests:
- mealy dew - pale spots on the back of the leaves. With the development of the disease, the spots darken and pass to the other side of the leaves. Against the disease, apply "Oxyh" (10 g per 5 liters of water). Spray the affected plants overnight, and repeat the procedure after 16–20 days. Also use the tool "Topaz", during harvest - colloidal sulfur, "Tiovit Jet", "Fitosporin-M",
- downy mildew- round spots of a pale yellow shade, later they darken and turn purple. Means "Topaz" (1 ampoule per 1 bucket of water). Spray overnight, repeat after 12 days. Used for the treatment and Bordeaux liquid, "oxy"
- alternarioz - the lower leaves are covered with bright ulcers that grow and cover the plant completely. At night, spray “Ridomil Gold” (50 g of product per 10 liters of water) every 10-12 days,
- anthracnose - longitudinal grooves-ulcers are formed on the stem, the fruits begin to rot. For spraying apply "oxy".
Of the parasites can be distinguished aphid and minera. Plants are sprayed twice with a 0.5% Fitoverma solution, with a frequency of 2 weeks.
A few simple rules, compliance with which will help protect cucumbers from diseases:
- Avoid adding large amounts of nitrogen with fertilizers.
- when planting, observe the distance between the bushes in order to avoid air stagnation,
- contact the plant carefully - any scratch or wound on the plant opens the way for diseases,
- inspect the plants regularly for diseased fruits and foliage. If found, remove them immediately.
Harvesting and storage
Collect "Mamenkin favorite" as soon as cucumbers reach their marketability - 8-10 cm in length. During the rapid fruiting, it is more expedient to carry out the collection twice a day - in the morning and in the evening.
To increase the period of freshness of the fruit can be such ways:
- Hermetically wrap in plastic bags and place in the refrigerator.
- Cucumbers put in a container vertically, tightly to each other, on the stem. At the bottom of the tank pour 2-3 cm of water and place it in the refrigerator. Water needs to be changed 1 time in 2 days.
Possible problems and recommendations
When growing "Mama's pet" sometimes there may be some trouble:
- For growing seeds in the beds need a greater amount of planting material.
- Yellow leaves are often indicative of improper watering.
- Waterlogging of the soil contributes to poor aeration of the root system, which leads to disruption of metabolic processes in the plant.
- Improper fertilization can also lead to yellowing of the foliage.
- With calcium deficiency, the ovary may not form, and the fruits will not have a characteristic cucumber smell.
- Failure to follow the rules of crop rotation is another cause of yellow leaves.
- Sharp climatic changes lead to leaf fall.
- Foliage crumbling and incorrect application of fertilizers (violation of concentration).
"Mamenkin favorite" - a variety with excellent taste, precocity and also quite undemanding in the care. What is important for novice gardeners, it is resistant to diseases and adapted to the climatic conditions of most of the Eurasian continent. If you want to grow on your plot wonderful cucumbers, suitable for both salting and salad, choose this hybrid.
Characteristics of the variety
Mamenkin pet is a hybrid from crossing two different varieties. The bush is determinant, parthenocarpic, therefore it grows and bears fruit in the open field and in the greenhouse. Leaves a small amount, so the plants do not obscure each other. Early, after planting seeds in the ground, the first fruits ripen for 45 days. Limited in growth, a small amount of shoots. With beam formation of ovaries.
In greenhouses grown in a vertical way for easy inspection of plants for diseases. Also, with vertical cultivation, it is convenient to take care of the plants. In the open beds are grown horizontally. Feature of the hybrid is that it can be grown on the balcony and even the windowsill, as it does not need to be pollinated by insects. It blooms mainly flowers female, so the variety is high-yielding.
Description of the fetus
Fruits are small gherkins. An adult fetus weighs only 90 grams with a length of 8-10 centimeters. Neat cucumbers, light green color, low ribbed. Across the surface of the fruit covered with sharp spikes of white. From the side of the flower they have light stripes that do not reach the middle of the fruit. The taste is sweet, when cut, the fruit lacks a seed bag and voids. With proper watering and dressing cucumber lacks a taste of bitterness.
Fruits are suitable for universal use - they can be pickled, pickled, used fresh. Also, a mamenkin pet is often used for cultivation on an industrial scale, thanks to keeping quality and resistance to transportation over long distances.
Ways to grow a hybrid
Since Mamenkin pet f1 cucumbers are bred for growing indoors and outdoors, as well as at home, there are many ways to grow them:
- growing in open beds,
- on the balcony or loggia,
- in a greenhouse under temporary shelter,
- in the greenhouse closed.
Cultivation of seeds on open ground involves planting seeds and caring for growing plants.
Before sowing, seeds are decontaminated, soaked for germination, and planted in the ground. The planting period is different in different regions, but the weather conditions must correspond to this variety. So, daytime air temperature should not fall below 22 degrees, and nighttime below 16 degrees. If this condition is observed, tasty cucumbers will grow on the beds.
In the greenhouse, plants are planted earlier, in late April, early May, provided that night frosts have passed. If frosts are still expected, it is better to hedge and heat the room where the seedlings grow, with the help of a heater.
At home on the windowsill cucumbers are planted all year round. Since this plant is thermophilic, therefore it is necessary to prevent drafts, waterlogging or drying out of the soil, to provide access to lighting to the plants, otherwise the seedlings will fall ill and will develop poorly.
Feedback from lovers who planted Mamenkin pet
Nina: “In winter, I decided to grow cucumbers on the windowsill, after reading the reviews of gardeners, I bought the seeds of Mama's favorite pet. Planted before the New Year. In February, the cucumbers ate the whole family. Salad tasty, small in size. The main requirement of this variety is proper care and watering, as well as the creation of home conditions suitable for growing cucumbers. In April I will plant on the garden, see how they will lead themselves there. ”
With proper care, the Mamenkin pet will give a good harvest when planted in any place.
Varieties of cucumbers by the method of cultivation
One of the fundamental principles of selection of seed material of cucumbers is the method of their cultivation. So, parthenokarpiki (F1 self-bred hybrids) and self-pollinated cucumber varieties are ideally suited for heated greenhouses, and their fruits are tied without insects. Hybrids with a tendency to self-regulation of branching. Not prone to active formation of lateral lashes (causing thickening). And, of course, cucumbers are resistant to the main series of diseases.
For temporary film greenhouses and open ground, there are also priority characteristics of cucumbers, but here you need to choose each to your taste.
Transplanting seedlings to ground
Whatever you choose, outdoor or greenhouse, the soil must be prepared. It is loosened, saturating with oxygen, and also fertilized. For better aeration, sawdust or leaves can be added to the soil.
Seedlings must be carefully removed from the containers in order not to damage the fragile roots. Transplanted seedlings waddle - moving the plant along with an earthy ball into the prepared hole.
If you make a trellis with a cucumber, then the density of planting should not exceed two plants per 1 square. m. If you sit on the spread, the density is allowed a little higher - 3-4 plants per 1 square. m The landing pattern is as follows:
- the distance between the beds is 0.2 m,
- distance between rows - 0.5 m.
This scheme, firstly, allows you to have convenient access to the beds for harvesting, and secondly, promotes good air circulation. Thick planting can cause undesirable moisture to accumulate, and various diseases will appear on the leaves due to dampness. Important!The plant is not afraid of temperature drops in the range of 5-10 ° C.
Shrubs "Miranda" feel great at temperatures from 22 ° C to 27 ° C, but the heat at 30 ° C can already adversely affect their development and yield.
Video: transplanting cucumber seedlings into the ground
Agricultural technology of seed cultivation in open ground
Parthenocarpic hybrid cucumbers have one feature - you will not receive seeds for planting from overripe fruits. We'll have to go to specialized stores every time.
It is best to buy seeds in the winter, and only from reputable, proven producers. They will describe in detail the features of the variety you choose, as well as the conditions of its content. Find out when it is best to plant cucumbers in the open ground.