Hill solyanka is an inconspicuous semi-shrub of saline soils with unique healing properties. Like the thistle beneficial to the liver, the plant belongs to a rare group of natural hepatoprotectors. By restoring the function and structure of the liver cells, the hodgepodge improves the quality of life of the sick and protects the healthy from serious ailments.
Photo: Depositphotos.com Author: ihervas
The plant has long been used in Tibetan medicine, held a special place among the medicinal herbs of Siberian healers. For the first time, Russian scientists began to study the useful qualities of solyanka. It happened relatively recently - at the beginning of the XX century. The isolated substances from its composition showed good antihypertensive properties (lower blood pressure). The main secret of the plant was discovered later by the Siberian healer Elena Lohe. Experts checked everything experimentally and agreed with the fact that the hodgepodge has exceptional healing properties. The effect of its effect on liver cells (hepatocytes) is comparable with such pharmacological preparations as Legalon and Silibor.
The unpretentious hodgepodge prefers dry soils and feels great on salt licks, sands and dry ground. In Russia, it occurs in the south of Siberia, in the Baikal region, from the lower reaches of the Volga to the Far Eastern regions.
Harvesting plants in the wild is difficult, and the yield and quality of raw materials is difficult to predict. For this reason, in the Irkutsk region have engaged in the cultivation of the hodgepodge. Here it is collected, dried, crushed and medical extracts are prepared for delivery to the pharmacy chain.
One-year shrub, belongs to the family Amaranthee (previously - Mature). The spherical form of a bushy plant has small threadlike leaves with spiny bristles. From July to September it blooms with small flowers of white-green or pink color. Enters the phase of fruiting in August, forming a small fruit - the seed. Solyanka corresponds to its name - it has a salty taste.
The long root helps to extract moisture and fixes the plant in shaky sandy soil. Deprived of "attachment", it rolls under gusts of wind, scattering seeds on the ground surface. The people of the hodgepodge received the names: "Tatar Thistle", "Katun", "Camel Thorn", "Yandak". In fact, “tumbleweed” is the name of a whole group of plants that, when dried, form a small traveling lump.
Surprisingly, the thorn plant growing on depleted dry soils has a rich composition:
- amino acids (glycine),
- glycosides (saponin),
- fatty acid,
- gamma linolenic acid (GLA),
- 14 micro and macro elements (silicon, calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, copper and others).
The components of the composition provide exceptional properties to the plant, which has practically no contraindications to use.
- Gamma-linoleic acid, related to unsaturated fatty acids, has healing effects in atherosclerotic diseases, has a beneficial effect on the brain and central nervous system, facilitating the condition of patients with neurological disorders, promotes cellular respiration.
- Polysaccharides improve the function of the digestive system, normalize the intestinal microflora and blood sugar levels.
- Betaine has bile-forming and choleretic properties, regulates the gallbladder and bile ducts of the liver. Treats natural hepatoprotectors. Beet is another rich source of this vitamin-like substance.
- Amino acids, vitamins and mineral compounds are involved in metabolism, help to increase the body's defenses.
- Tocopherol (vitamin E) is a powerful antioxidant. Its properties are aimed at protecting cells from the damaging factors of toxic substances.
- Alkaloids are useful biologically active molecules of natural origin. Increase the efficiency of the brain and metabolism, relieve spasms of smooth muscles.
- Glycosides have tonic, diuretic properties, improve the secretory activity of the glands.
- Carotenoids act as antioxidants, protect cells from aggressive environmental factors, improve the condition of the skin and mucous membranes, promote timely puberty, strengthen vision.
Solyanka holmovaya found the main use in official medicine. It is used as a means of restoring the structure and function of liver cells.
Liver cells (hepatocytes) constantly perform labor-intensive work, participating absolutely in all types of metabolism. In addition, they, like filters, do not allow toxic substances into the body. During complex reactions within hepatocytes, all toxins are inactivated and become harmless. But the process of neutralization does not pass without a trace for the cells themselves. With regular exposure to harmful substances their structure changes, functional properties suffer. Part of the hepatocytes, unfortunately, dies.
Toxic substances enter the body with drugs (antibiotics, anti-tuberculosis drugs), from an environmentally unfriendly environment or from harmful production. They are produced in infectious diseases microorganisms.
But the main part regularly enters the liver cells through the fault of foods that are contraindicated for healthy eating (smoked foods, fats, hot spices, nutritional supplements, alcohol).
Solyanka holmovaya used to restore hepatocytes and protect them from the negative effects of diseases:
- acute and chronic hepatitis,
- intoxication (drug, alcohol, food),
- chronic cholecystitis,
- cirrhosis of the liver in the initial stage.
For prophylactic purposes, a medicinal plant is advisable to take with a predisposition to stone formation in the gallbladder, as an adjunct in pancreatic diseases and diabetes mellitus.
Regular reception of a hodgepodge is shown when living in a poor environmental situation and working in hazardous production.
The plant shows positive properties in the prevention of ischemic disease, hypertension, atherosclerosis. It reduces cholesterol and sugar, improves lipid metabolism.
The healing effect of the herb has been identified with reduced immunity, anemia, hypertension, pathological menopause, urolithiasis.
The plant is suitable for the treatment of glaucoma and improve visual acuity.
In cosmetology, the use of hodgepodge improves skin and prevents aging. Used in moisturizing, toning, softening, regenerating and anti-cellulite creams.
Solyanka holmovaya used in the form of dry raw materials or finished pharmaceutical preparations.
From dry grass raw materials receive decoctions at the rate of 1 tbsp. l a glass of boiling water. After boiling for 10 minutes, filter and drink 1 tbsp. l three times a day.
For the preparation of 1 tbsp. l vegetable base pour 200 ml of boiling water. After an hour of infusion in a thermos, it is filtered and taken in 15-45 ml (up to 3 tablespoons) three times during the day before meals.
Available in liquid form and powders, capsules, granules and sachets. Liquid drugs can be supplemented with other components that increase the effectiveness of the drug. For example, “Hepaton-3” podvar contains, besides solyanka, apple extract, ascorbic acid and rosehip extract. If there are no contraindications, the drug will perfectly cope with anemia, reduced immunity, protect liver cells and restore their functions.
The plant has no mutational properties, in other words, it is non-toxic. Contraindications are limited to:
- individual intolerance,
- pregnancy and lactation,
- urolithiasis in the acute stage,
Folk names of the hodgepodge are the thistle, because of the thorny stems, or tumbleweed, because of the ability to roll over the plains. The plant got its official name because of its salty taste - during the period of growth and flowering, the saltwort accumulates about 20 salts of various minerals, which is especially valuable.
Hill solyanka grows on sandy and stony soils, on salt marshes and loams. Widely distributed in North America and also in eastern Europe. In Russia, the plant is found in the wild in the lower reaches of the Volga, in the Far East, Southern Siberia, in Central Asia, and in the Baikal region. Hill solyanka grows on roadsides, on wastelands and pastures, near places of cultivation of cereals.
For the preparation of medicinal plant materials solyanka cultivated in the Altai region, in the Irkutsk region.
How does it look
Solyanka holmovaya - an annual herb. A large number of its branches, interlacing, form a ball. Green shoots under the sun hardened and lumber, the resulting ball is torn off by the wind from its root system and rolls over fairly long distances, scattering the fruits from which new plants grow.
- Root system The long central root and small lateral ones provide the young plant with the necessary amount of moisture and nutrients.
- Stems. Soft, cylindrical, have thin streaks of pink hue.
- Leaves . Thin, elongated, semi-cylindrical shape. The first light green leaves reach 6 cm in length, after which they disappear. In their place grow new dense, thickened at the base of the leaves, up to 1.5 cm long. They have thorns. After drying they form spines.
- Flowers Appear in July, the inflorescence has the shape of a spikelet. Petals awl-shaped, white-green, white or pink tinged.
- Fruits. Small sized, dry, conical achene. Crumble easily when rolling the plant. Fruits the grass from August to September.
The ball of hodgepodge grows up to 1 m tall. The minimum size of an adult plant is 30 cm. After flowering, the leaves of the grass, like its stems, become woody. Therefore, the saltworm balls are very prickly.
Preparation of raw materials
Medicinal plant raw materials - dried shoots of hillwort with leaves, harvested still green. That is why the grass is harvested in July-August, before flowering.
To collect it is necessary to use thick gloves, because the leaves of the plant at the ends have thorns. A ball of stems is cut at the base, without touching the root system. At home, the hodgepodge is dried in a shaded place at low temperatures and good ventilation, spreading the balls into cloth. After complete drying, the grass is crushed and used for the preparation of drugs.
For storage of dried solyanka use dense paper or cellophane bags. They are suspended in a dry place protected from direct sunlight.
The grass of the hodgepodge contains biologically active substances that provide widespread use of the plant for medicinal purposes.
- Complex polysaccharides. This is inulin, manan. They have a hypoglycemic effect, normalize the intestinal microflora.
- Antioxidants. For example, vitamin E. Suppress the reactivity of free radicals, activate oxygen consumption and the course of redox reactions.
- Flavonoids. These are quercetin, rutin, tricine, isorhamnetin. Indispensable for the normal state of the vascular system, blood formation processes, as well as tissue regeneration.
- Amino acids. Glycine, betaine normalize the work of the nervous and hepatobiliary systems. Contribute to the restoration of cell membranes, activating reparative processes in tissues and organs.
- Steric glycosides. They have a mild stimulating effect on the nervous and cardiovascular systems, increase their resistance to stress, promote concentration, and have a positive effect on the strength of heart contractions.
- Phytosterols. Normalize lipid metabolism, contribute to the establishment of metabolism, activating the consumption of fat reserves.
- Saponins. They have neutropic, adaptogenic, diuretic properties.
- Carotenoids. Activate the synthesis of vitamins in the human body, have an antioxidant effect.
- Isoquinoline alkaloids. Possess antihypertensive properties. Their content in the hodgepodge is too small and has no clinical significance.
- Phenyldicarboxylic acids. They have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Gamma linolenic acid. Polyunsaturated fatty acid, a positive effect on metabolism, activates the binding and elimination of low density lipoproteins.
- Macro and trace elements. In the greatest quantity contains potassium, iron, copper, phosphorus, silicon. The grass improves the functioning of the heart muscle, activates the synthesis of red blood cells, ensures the supply of enough oxygen to the inside of the tissues, and strengthens the bones.
Differences from other species
Scientists have not included a hodgepodge in the official list of medicinal plants due to the low content of alkaloids in it. We are talking about salsolin and salsolidine - substances with hypotensive action. Their properties are most appreciated in pharmacopoeial form - Richter's hodgepodge. There are also a lot of these biologically active substances in the chemical composition of finger loin.
However, too low concentrations of alkaloids cause a lack of toxic effect in the hill species, respectively - fewer side effects and contraindications. At the same time, the wide list of positive effects of the hodgepodge is not inferior to the pharmacopoeial varieties.
Medicinal properties of the hodgepodge
The widest range of useful substances of Solyanka holmova allows using the plant for the treatment of various diseases of the human body, as well as for the prevention of their development.
- Hepatotropic and hepatoprotective properties. Solyanka holmovaya can improve metabolic processes in the liver parenchyma, restore damaged hepatocytes, and intensify the processes of utilization of toxins by the liver and spleen.
- Prevention of bile stasis. The mild choleretic effect of the hodgepodge eliminates stagnation and an increased concentration of bile, which leads to the formation of stones.
- Improve digestion. The mild irritant effect of the hodgepodge gradually stimulates the production of digestive juices, helps to saturate them with enzymes, ensuring optimal digestion of food, full absorption of useful substances from it. The herb can eliminate constipation.
- Diuretic action. Hill solyka activates the detoxification function of the kidneys by increasing the volume of filtered blood and excretion of urine. Increased diuresis prevents the appearance of kidney stones.
- Normalization of fat metabolism. Solyanka can activate the breakdown of body fat, speed up the elimination of their breakdown products, normalize lipid metabolism, and therefore helps in losing weight and fighting obesity.
- Strengthening the heart muscle. Used as an additional source of easily digestible minerals, the hodgepodge has a positive effect on the work of the cardiovascular apparatus, prevents the development of heart failure and IHD.
- Action on the vessels. The flavonoids of Solyanka Hill help restore the tone of the vascular walls, normalize their permeability, eliminate the phenomenon of "fragility" of capillaries, activate the venous outflow. Regular intake helps stabilize blood pressure. The positive impact of the hodgepodge on the vascular system allows the plant to be used to combat impaired peripheral circulation.
- Normalization of the biochemical composition of blood. Solyanka regulates cholesterol levels, prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques and helps get rid of already existing deposits. Normalizes hemoglobin levels due to iron in the composition, preventing the development of anemia.
- Hypoglycemic effect. The plant not only lowers the level of glucose in the blood, but also helps the body to stabilize it with internal reserves of energy. This effect allows you to deal with the main trouble of diabetes mellitus - sugar jumps, provoking multiple complications. For healthy people, solyanka is a great way to prevent diabetes.
- Immunomodulatory effects. Based on the content of the vitamin-mineral complex, almost completely absorbed by the body. It has a tonic effect. Solyanka is suitable for increasing the activity of the body's defenses during illness or before the cold season. Treats hodgepodge and skin diseases of autoimmune origin (psoriasis, systemic lupus erythematosus), by normalizing the reactivity of the immune response.
- Anti-inflammatory properties. The plant helps to cope with inflammatory processes of any localization - otitis, pancreatitis, hemorrhoids.
- Antioxidant action. With the help of a hodgepodge, they eliminate oncological diseases and ensure their prevention. The plant is recommended for use by people living in adverse environmental conditions.
When it is recommended to take
Most of the solyanka preparations prescribed by doctors contain an extract from the plant as the main active ingredient. Features of the use and contraindications of the hodgepodge are transferred to the appropriate drugs.
The indications for the use of herbs and dietary supplements with it are as numerous as the pharmacological properties. The main ones include an acute form of toxic hepatitis, alcohol or drug etiology. Used as part of complex therapy for hepatitis C. For any type of intoxication of the body (including heavy metals and fungi). To improve the metabolic processes in the liver, in the complex therapy of autoimmune, infectious diseases, with extensive helminthic invasion. And also with the help of a plant they treat:
- liver obesity,
- incipient cirrhosis,
- chronic cholecystitis and cholangitis,
- diabetes mellitus (in complex treatment),
- ulcer of the mucous membrane of the stomach and duodenum.
Prophylactic administration is indicated to prevent liver damage during treatment with hepatotoxic drugs. And also to prevent disruption of the pancreas, the formation of gallstones, the development of cardiovascular diseases and atherosclerosis, premature aging of the body, the development of malignant diseases in women and men living in areas with elevated background radiation.
Since medicinal plant materials do not contain potent substances, the list of contraindications for its use and possible side effects is much less than that of pharmacopoeial analogues.
- Contraindications. Phenylketonuria, exacerbation of urolithiasis, pregnancy and lactation, individual intolerance to the plant.
- Side effects . The development of an allergic reaction, manifested by urticaria.
For self-preparation of extracts is to use raw materials, personally collected in environmentally friendly places or purchased at the pharmacy. Specially cultivated solyanka holmovaya, has a predictable amount of active substances in the composition, and therefore deserves more confidence than the grass collected on the side of the highway.
Features Decoction of grass has a diuretic, diaphoretic, tonic effect. Solyanka kolmovaya improves digestion, relieves internal and external inflammation.
Preparation and use
- 1.5 tablespoons of raw materials pour 250 ml of hot boiled water.
- The mixture is put on a slow fire, heated for ten minutes.
- After 40 minutes of cooling, the broth is filtered into a clean container.
- Take a tablespoon of funds three times a day, after a meal.
Features Accepted with age-related deterioration of vision, with glaucoma, to improve the function of the liver, heart, lungs.
Preparation and use
- One tablespoon of medicinal raw materials is placed in a thermos, pour 250 ml of boiling water.
- Leave to insist for two hours.
- After two hours, filter.
- Consume a tablespoon three times a day.
Features Prepared for the treatment of ascites, jaundice, in the presence of sand in the kidneys.
Preparation and use
- 1.5 tablespoons of herbs is poured overnight 1 l of cold boiled water.
- In the morning, boil the infusion, strain it in an hour.
- The whole portion of the infusion to drink in one day. It is necessary to prepare a new infusion immediately, in the evening.
Features Tincture on alcohol is recommended by folk medicine for the treatment of hormonal disorders, in case of vegetovascular dystonia, to relieve withdrawal symptoms after alcoholic intoxication. According to the prescription, the product is prepared in half-diluted alcohol, it can be replaced with ordinary vodka.
Preparation and use
- One tablespoon of vegetable raw materials is poured 100 ml of alcohol.
- The mixture is kept for two weeks in a dark place, with occasional shaking.
- Take 20 drops, diluted in half a glass of water, three times a day.
Ready dosage forms
Several biologically active additives of industrial production contain extract of halophyta as an active substance. They are used in the same cases as the grass itself. A list of contraindications, side effects and the need for consultation with a specialist before using the plant in tablets or granules, is also preserved.
- Lohein. Contains solyanka extract and rutin of plant origin. Form release - pills, weighing 1 g. At the reception of two pills, the multiplicity - four times per day, the treatment lasts one month.
- "Extrakol". Available in granules, packaged in banks of different capacity. One teaspoon of the drug is dissolved in a glass of water, taken five times a day, for two months.
- Hepatosol. One teaspoonful of the powder is dissolved in half a glass of water, drunk 15 minutes before meals. A threefold intake is required during the course of a month of treatment.
- "Ascohol". A dietary supplement in which the extract of the saltwort is enhanced with vitamin C. One or two teaspoons of the drug is diluted in half a glass of water, tea, any other liquid. Use simultaneously with a meal, twice a day. The course of treatment lasts up to a month.
- Extract of hodgepodge in capsules. Available in plastic cans, packaging - 100 capsules. Two capsules are taken three times a day after meals for a month.
- Solyanka extract kholmovoy liquid. Bottle with a volume of 100 ml with a liquid substance. Extract take 5-10 ml three times a day before meals. With diabetes - 10 ml three times a day. For the prevention of disease - 15 drops per day for two months.
- Herbal tea bags "Solyanka holmovaya." Dosage form, for convenient self-cooking herbal infusion. Brewing hodgepodge must be two packets per cup of boiling water. Insist half an hour, after which use 1 / 3-1 / 4 cup at a time, three times a day before meals. The course of treatment lasts a month.
Role in cosmetology
Beauticians recommend for protection during their stay in the sun, to purchase funds with a hodgepodge. Their use allows you to get an even tan with a beautiful shade. The antimicrobial properties of the plant are also appreciated - lotions are prepared from it for rubbing the skin and getting rid of acne and pimples.
The antioxidant properties of the saltwort make it possible to keep the skin fresh and toned; it is enough to wipe the face with ice prepared from the plant's infusion.
Cold infusion can rinse the scalp after washing hair. The procedure will give a long freshness and purity, will help eliminate dandruff.
Instructions for use hodgepodge recommends this tool for hepatitis of various etiologies. But based on the reviews of doctors, it can be argued that the use of Solyanka holmova will bring maximum benefit only as part of complex therapy with traditional medicines.
Hill Solyanka - composition
Solonchak is common in arid climates, in the North American region and Eurasia. He has a rich composition of medicinal ingredients. Before flowering, the sheets and stalks of the Russian thistle are collected, dried using special techniques, and crushed. It looks like a ball. In the people he was given a different name - roll over the field, due to the fact that the root often breaks off and travels along the ground due to the wind. Dry grass retains its properties for two years, contains many minerals: potassium, iron, silicon, magnesium, phosphorus, copper.
The chemical composition of the hodgepodge:
- Antioxidants - neutralize free radicals.
- Tocopherols - vitamin E, which is necessary for the synthesis of hormones, maintaining immunity.
- Flavonoids - strengthen cell membranes of internal organs.
- Amino acids are useful for muscle, organ recovery.
- Sterols - help reduce cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Betaine - lowers the level of homocysteine, which contributes to the development of atherosclerosis and osteoporosis, reduces the risk of developing breast cancer.
- Alkaloids - energize and improve metabolism, stimulate mental activity.
- Glycosides have a diuretic effect.
- Carotene - positively affects the endocrine system and skin.
- Polysaccharides - starch, fiber, cellulose, pectin, inulin, chitin and glycogen.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acid complex (gamma-linolenic acid) - improves heart function.
Solyanka holmovaya - instructions for use
Acceptance of Russian thistle is effective in severe diseases. The use of grass solyanka holmovaya shown with toxic hepatitis, pyelonephritis, liver cirrhosis, cholecystitis. The healing herb accelerates blood clotting, serves as a treatment for iron deficiency anemia, and diabetes mellitus. The drug can improve visual acuity, prevent coronary disease. Tea from solyanka lowers blood sugar levels. Broths are used in the initial stages of hypertension. The drug helps with alcoholism, when there is a rehabilitation period after treatment.
Hill Solyanka - how to take
The use of infusion by adults:
- Take a thermos, pour 1 cup boiling water 1 tbsp. l grass
- In the morning, take it on an empty stomach, drink sips all day for 20 minutes before eating.
Children and older people need to reduce the dosage to 1 tsp. How to take a hodgepodge when constipation? 5 st. l before every meal. If sand is found in the urine, then you need to pour 20 g of the root with a glass of water and drink a tablespoon 3 times a day. Do not break the dosage, it is fraught with unpleasant consequences, especially in children and the elderly.
This method of cooking is popular because of the healing properties of herbs. This tool refers to diuretic, tonic, diaphoretic, improves digestion, inflammation-removing drugs. Broth of the hodgepodge holmovaya can easily be done at home, it is very important not to boil the grass for a long time, because all useful components can evaporate. Take need for 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day after meals. For prevention, you need to change the proportions: 1 l. water take 1 tbsp. l grass
- powdered solyanka - 1.5 tbsp. l.,
- boiled hot water - 250 ml.
- Grass should be poured into a medium sized pot.
- Pour hot water.
- Put on a slow fire.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave to infuse under the lid for 40 minutes.
- Strain through cheesecloth.
The healing infusion of hodgepodge takes less time than cooking a decoction. You need to use all the same ingredients, only here you do not need a saucepan, it will be replaced by a small thermos with a tight lid, where you need to fall asleep 1 tbsp. l herb and top pour 250 ml of hot water. Insist better as long as possible, at least 1 hour. Do not forget to strain through cheesecloth. It is important that everything is hermetically sealed. Indications for use: half an hour before meals, at least 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. l
The medical plant and in a ready convenient form is on sale. The drug is in combination with another useful plant, and is called milk thistle and hodgepodge in tablets. The composition contains an extract of milk thistle, solyanka and excipients. Because of the high concentration of substances, adults are given only 1 tablet per day with meals. The course of administration corresponds to the number of tablets in the package, designed for 3-4 weeks. At the doctor's appointment, the dose can be increased to 2 tablets once a day.
In liquid form, the extract of Solyanka holmova is called Lohein in honor of the Siberian healer Lohea Elena Vasilyevna. She was engaged in scientific research of medicinal properties and efficiency of using herbs as a hepatoprotector. In order to protect the liver cells, the extract is prescribed according to the following scheme: dissolve 10 ml in 1/3 cup of water, take 3 times a day half an hour before meals, and for prevention, 1 tsp. 3 times a day before meals. If you have an increased acidity of the stomach, then use only after meals.
Solyanka extract has a hepatoprotective effect and is available as a dietary supplement in capsules containing, in addition to the main component, gelatin and talc. The extract of hodgepodge in capsules protects the liver cells from harmful effects. If you follow the regular intake, you can cleanse your body of toxins, to work the gall bladder. The release of the drug in capsules retains the nutrients of the herb, provides immediate assistance in case of poisoning with ethyl alcohol. For prophylaxis take 2 capsules 3 times a day.
Crushed grass is a product from natural dried raw materials, which can be used as ordinary tea for prophylaxis. Instructions for use of the product Solyanka holmovaya tea:
- 3 filter packages, each 3.0 g brewed with boiling water using a thermos.
- After half an hour, the tea must be drained.
- To accept 4 times a day, during food intake on 1/4 glasses. Course - 4 weeks.
Characteristics of the Tatar thistle
The solyanka holmovaya is a strongly branchy spherical plant of the Amaranth family, reaching a height of one hundred centimeters. The plant is endowed with thin branches, rounded stalks, dotted with pinkish stripes along the length, filiform long, valvate or semi-cylindrical leaves extended at the base, greenish-white or pinkish small bentulum flowers. The hodgepodge begins to bloom in the middle of summer, and the fruits appear at the end of summer. The fruits of the plant are columnar seeds.
Kazakhstan, Asia, Siberia, and the Far East are the habitats of hill solyanka. Loamy, stony or sandy soils - places of solyanka growth.
Collecting and harvestingDue to the unpredictable yield of the plant, as well as the collection that was difficult for many reasons, it began to be cultivated. The aboveground part of the plant is collected with the help of special equipment, then dried and crushed.
To make the plant blanks for further use, after drying, the raw materials must be poured into paper bags or cardboard boxes and placed in storage in a dry room with good ventilation.
The widespread use of the plant is determined by its rich composition. In the hodgepodge contains a considerable amount of valuable substances:
- amino acids
- minerals: iron, copper, silicon, potassium, phosphorus,
- polyunsaturated fatty acids
- linoleic acid
Due to this composition, the plant has a mass of healing and beneficial properties. Hill Solyanka has anti-inflammatory, lipotropic, antispasmodic, hepatoprotective, choleretic, immunostimulating, hypotonic, vascular strengthening and antioxidant properties.
Plant based preparations contribute to:
- increase immunity
- restoration of normal functioning of the cardiovascular system, central nervous system, liver,
- prevention of pathologies of the cardiovascular system,
- improving the quality of vision
- normalization of blood pressure
- cleansing and strengthening of blood vessels
- elimination of dysbiosis,
- normalization of metabolic processes,
- removal of sand from the kidneys,
- eliminate inflammations
- treatment of hepatitis, hepatosis, cirrhosis of the liver, atherosclerosis, cholecystitis, iron deficiency anemia, pyelonephritis, hypertensive disease, kidney disease.
Preparation fortifying collection
Mix in equal proportions of the hodgepodge with young oats, willow, goldenrod, dogrose, and meadowsweet. All components must beat pre-dried and crushed. Pair thirty grams of raw material in five hundred milliliters of boiled water. Insist the composition for two hours. Use 150 milliliters of strained composition at least two times a day.
Brief description and distribution area
The hodgepodge is an annual shrub that slightly resembles the shape of a ball, has oval leaves and usually grows up to a meter in height.
This bush is very common in the northeastern part of Russia, in Asia, mainly in the steppe area. It is easy to buy, because the whole horticulture plantations have long been cultivated, but to meet it in natural conditions is quite difficult, because in an environment where it usually grows, the bush lives alone.
In folk medicine
Traditional medicine has long kept a lot of recipes with a hodgepodge. You can treat various diseases: from otitis and ending with urolithiasis.
Useful properties of the bush is difficult to overestimate, and if there is a need to get rid of a particular disease, for example, drink an infusion with pancreatitis, then, in addition to getting rid of the problem, the body as a whole will be toned and enriched by the beneficial properties of the hilum.
Very actively useful shrub used in cosmetology. Some professional tools contain it in its composition, because the substances that are included in the composition, improve the skin of the face and hands, strengthen the hair, are an excellent prevention of acne. However, the use of leaves of the hill shrub is possible at home. After all, for the preparation of a healing product does not necessarily incur huge costs and make serious efforts.
Having dealt with the beneficial properties of the hodgepodge, it's time to move on to recipes and secrets how to properly apply and take her decoctions and tinctures.
Отвары из чудо-куста являются отличным мочегонным (а значит, выводит лишние токсины), тонизирующим (добавляет сил и энергии), потогонным (защищает от негативных воздействий) эффектом, а также благоприятно влияет на желудок, печень и кишечник.
In case of urolithiasis, 10 g of solyanka root must be added to 100 ml of water, boiled, cooled. Ready broth to take 3 times a day in a spoon.
For diseases of the digestive system 100 g of leaves of a bush pour boiling water and insist in a thermos for 10-12 hours. Take a teaspoon before eating.
Practically every housewife knows how to brew a hodgepodge, because this plant is useful for many human organs: the stomach, liver, kidneys and others. And most importantly, the cost of preparation in the pharmacy is not worth much money. Infusion for the general tone of the body: 1 tablespoon of dry shrub is added to a liter of water, infused over 10 hours. The resulting mixture is brought to a boil and infused over an hour. Take before meals.
Preparation of medical raw materials
If there is an opportunity to independently collect the leaves and root of Salsolacollina Pall, consider yourself doubly lucky, because a fresh plant, collected independently, will bring much more benefit than the purchased raw materials. When preparing raw materials for use, it must first be thoroughly dried. There are several simple rules that will help to preserve all the useful properties of the bush:
- Collect the leaves must be strictly before flowering (in August).
- Drying is necessary in a well ventilated area and preferably in the shade.
- Roots must be well washed and cut lengthwise in half.
Although the hodgepodge is not a pharmacopoeial plant, scientists do not deny its beneficial properties. Numerous experiments have proved the ability of Solyanka holmova to act as a hepatoprotector, that is, to contribute to the normalization of the functions, structure and metabolism of the liver parenchyma. Preparations of solyanka holmova are prescribed for liver cirrhosis, cholecystitis, hepatosis, acute, viral and toxic hepatitis. They are taken to protect the liver during the treatment of various diseases with drugs with a hepatotoxic effect, with helminthiases and infectious processes in the liver. They have an insulin-like effect, that is, they are able to reduce the sugar content in the blood. As a dietary supplement, Solyanka holmovaya helps strengthen bones, has an immunostimulating effect, serves to prevent disorders of lipid metabolism and cholesterol metabolism, early forms of atherosclerosis, and cardiovascular diseases. In Russia, the following dietary supplements containing a hodgepodge are approved: “Askohol”, “Hepathosol”, “Lohein”, “Extractol”, as well as tea and plant extract. The latter is widely used as an alcoprotector for the treatment of abstinence syndrome.
Contraindications and side effects
Contraindications to receiving Solyanka holmova may be urolithiasis in the acute stage, phenylketonuria, and individual intolerance. It is not recommended to take pregnant and lactating women, as well as children under 18 years.
Solyanka holmovaya (lat. Salsolacollina Pall.) Belongs to the genus of herbaceous and shrubby plants Solyanka (lat. Salsola), belonging to the family Amaranth (Latin Amaranthaceae). The genus includes according to various data from 80 to 150 species of plants. In addition to Solyanka kolmovoy, Richter’s solyanka (Latin Salsola richteri) and Palecky Solyanka (Latin Salsola paletzkiana) also have healing effects.
Hill solyanka is a strongly branchy, globular plant with thin branches, soft at a young age and lumbering with time. The rounded stems are dotted with pinkish stripes located along the length and covered with long hairs up to 15 cm. The leaves of the solyanka are filiform, long, rolled or semi-cylindrical, dilated at the base and ending with a cartilaginous seta. The bristles cover the whole leaf. The plant reaches a height of 100 cm. The flowers of a hillworm are greenish-white or pink, small, bisexual, with styloid, short leaves, collected in a long spicate inflorescence. The formula of the flower of the hodgepodge is O (5) T5P (2). The plant blooms from July to September, begins to bear fruit in August. The fruit of the hodgepodge is columnar seed.
The curative properties of the hodgepodge, identified as a result of various biopharmaceutical and chemical studies, are due to its unique composition. The plant has an extremely low content of salsolidine and salsolin, the alkaloids, which turn Richter's hodgepodge and Paletsky's hodgepodge into an effective remedy for hypertension. However, these alkaloids are very toxic. The fact that there are so few of them in a hodgepodge, deprives the plant of a number of properties, but it nullifies the poisonous effect. The presence of flavonoids and amino acids, both essential and essential, in the hodgepodge explains its hepatoprotective effect. Especially valuable is the gamma-linolenic acid found in the plant, contributing to the restoration of the protective function of the cell membrane. D-fructose polysaccharides and D-mannose homopolysaccharides, also known as inulins and mananes, make it possible to use solyanka preparations in the dietary therapy of diabetes. They help stabilize blood sugar levels. The presence of more than 14 different micro and macroelements explains the immunomodulatory and restorative properties of the plant. Especially important is the presence in the composition of the hodgepodge of silicon and copper. The first is the skeleton-forming element, the leaching of which is one of the causes of aging. Natural sources of silicon are very few, among the plants containing a valuable element - nettle, bamboo, horsetail. In the hodgepodge of holm silicon more than in many other biopharmaceutical sources, up to 50 mg / l. The lack of copper leads to anemia, inhibits the absorption of iron, replenishing its deficiency, solyanka protects the body from anemia, contributes to the process of blood formation and strengthen the immune system.
Despite numerous clinical studies confirming the medicinal properties of the halophyte, the plant is not pharmacopoeial and does not include the state register of medicines. However, dietary supplements on the basis of the hodgepodge are certified by the Federal Center for Sanitary and Epidemiological Surveillance and are recommended by the Institute of Nutrition of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences.
Salsolacollina Pall, which is translated from the Latin as “hill solyanka”, belongs to the genus of herbaceous and shrubby plants Solyanka (Salsola in Latin) belonging to the Amaranth family. According to various sources, the genus Solyanka numbers about 80-120 items. The use of hodgepodge extends to various areas, including pharmacology and cosmetology.
Camel thorn sprouts, as a rule, on clayey, sandy or stony soils, covering the region from the Volga lower reaches to the Far East. This plant is especially widespread in Kazakhstan, Central Asia, the Baikal region and the southern part of Siberia, due to the peculiarities of the climate and soil formations in these regions.
Salsolacollina Pall is a weed plant, therefore it rarely forms permanent thickets. In this regard, it is specially grown on plantations that are located in the Altai Territory. There are also other objects where the Katun is grown purposefully, but they are smaller.
Useful properties of halophytic salt are commonly used by traditional healers and specialists of classical medicine. This plant is used in the form of extracts, decoctions, tinctures, etc. Use of hodgepodge is prescribed for:
- Clean the blood vessels and prevent plaque formation.
- Fortified bones.
- Increased blood clotting and treatment of iron deficiency anemia.
- Increased visual acuity.
- General strengthening and restoring the body.
The katun is especially widely used in the treatment of various diseases associated with the liver. For example, the flavonoids that make up the plant, contribute to more rapid and effective recovery of liver cells, which are responsible for the breakdown of fats, and accordingly - the regulation of body weight. In addition, various medications and tinctures of solyanka can be used after taking a course of antibiotics to restore the functions of the liver.
Research scientists plant
Useful properties of the hodgepodge are actively investigated by many experts and research institutes. The most thorough and in-depth studies were carried out as part of the testing of the drug Lohein, which is made on the basis of this particular plant.
The studies were conducted by employees of Tomsk and Vilnius universities, the Irkutsk Medical Institute. The experiment involved 194 people (85 men and 109 women) who were diagnosed with chronic cholecystitis. All participants were prescribed the same dose of the drug - 1 teaspoonful of granules 3 times a day with a course of 1-3 months, depending on the form of the disease.
The positive effect began to appear already on the 4-5 day of admission. More than half of the subjects noted that their pain and discomfort either completely disappeared or decreased.
After 1 month, during which patients took Lohein, very encouraging results were obtained: blood biochemistry showed a significant decrease in aminotransferases, normalization of bilirubin, a decrease in sediment samples by 2 times. The patients themselves noted that their state of health has improved significantly, and the effects that cholecystitis usually gives are either completely gone or significantly decreased.
No serious side effects were observed. Only a few patients complained of a feeling of "fullness" of the stomach and an unpleasant aftertaste.
Also, a sufficiently large number of other experiments were carried out to study the therapeutic properties of hillwort, in which its useful properties described above were proved and confirmed.
The medicinal properties of the halophyte saltmaker have long been known to many, therefore, even in ancient times this weed was not destroyed, but various medicinal decoctions, mixtures, etc. were collected and prepared from it. To use the katun gave the expected effect, it must be properly collected. Unfortunately, growing it is quite difficult and this requires very specific conditions. Fortunately, you can buy the already collected blanks at the pharmacy, but if you have the opportunity to do it yourself, it will be much better.
So, the plant is collected at the end of June and always on a dry day, when morning dew comes off the surface of the branches. The branches of the bush are cut with sharp scissors closer to the edge. It is advisable not to cut the bush more than ¼, because otherwise it will lose its ability to reproduce.
After assembly, the raw materials must be dried in a special drying or naturally, laid out in a dark, dry room. Next, the resulting collection is pounded and folded in a sealed jar for storage. The maximum shelf life of such a collection is 18 months - after its expiration, the mixture loses most of its useful properties.
Interesting facts about the plant
As is the case with most healing herbs, the use of hill solyanka is associated with a number of interesting historical and sometimes even mystical facts. Consider a few of them:
- Hill solyanka was first used in Asia. There it was used as a miracle component, which had a healing and regenerating effect. This herb came to Europe much later.
- Solyanka Richter and Solyanka Paletsky, who are close relatives of the above-described herb, are not used in medicine - black paint is obtained from their wood and leaves.
- Solyanka is bred in Central Asia to strengthen sandy soils and prevent landslides.
Very often, this bush-like grass is called nomadic by analogy with “tumbleweed”, with which it is very similar due to its round shape.