Rosehip has beneficial qualities that contribute to the healing and toning of our body. It is the berries of this plant that are widely distributed, but in the modern world, people have learned how to prepare even the roots, petals and seeds. It is very important that during the preparation of the infusion or decoction not to lose those original, useful components. Therefore, you need to know all the secrets of brewing wild rose.
The benefits of hips for the body, how much can you drink a decoction or infusion
page »The healing properties of plants» The benefits of rose hips for the body, how much you can drink broth or infusion
Rosehip contains many useful human substances. For therapeutic and prophylactic purposes, orange-red fruits are more often used - fleshy receptacle with small nuts inside.
What is the use of hips for the body, how much can you drink per day of infusions or decoctions of vitamin fruits to improve the general condition, increase the body's resistance, accelerate the healing process for ailments? These questions most often arise in the period of colds (autumn, winter). Now let's deal with this..
Useful properties of wild rose
Rosehip is a real treasure of useful components for our body. This plant contains a large amount of vitamins (C, A, K, P, E, B). Also, it consists of trace elements that perform a number of important functions in the system of the human body.
In connection with such a rich content of vital components, wild rose is used as a firming agent. In the cold season, a decoction of these berries is effective for the prevention of colds. If you are worried about problems with the intestines or kidneys, then the hips will become your irreplaceable friends for cleansing the body from toxins.
The fact that wild rose has a large number of healing properties has been proven for many years. When compared with other plants, these berries will break all records in the content of nutrients. Rosehip can be used as a prophylactic and therapeutic.
How to cook properly from dry fruits?
Prepare a healing elixir is easy, from the ingredients you need only water and dried berries of the plant. Allowed to add honey, sweetener to improve the taste. At the same time, the drink does not lose its properties, but, on the contrary, acquires new taste and healing qualities.
For the decoction you need the following components:
- dried berries - 100 g,
- water - 1 l,
- sugar or honey - 50 g
- Before you prepare a decoction of dried rosehips, they should be washed with plenty of running water.
- Put in a saucepan, pour hot water and cover.
- Put on a hot stove and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave to infuse.
To use the drink is ready in 12 hours. Experts advise to cook the broth hips, and in the morning you can take it.
Ripe berries of wild rose
Rosehip, the chemical composition of the fruit
nutrients varies depending on the species and habitats of the shrub. Of all the variety, the most valuable is cinnamon and wrinkled.
Nutritional value of 100 g of ripe fruit:
- Caloric content - 109 kcal (caloric content of dry - 284 kcal)
- Water - 60 g
- Carbohydrates - 22.4 g
- Dietary fiber - 10.8 g
- Protein - 1.6 g
- Fat - 0.7 g
Rose hips are a pantry of healthy substances needed by the human body. They contain a whole complex of vitamins:
- Ascorbic acid (helps to increase the body's resistance to viruses, infections, lower cholesterol levels, strengthen the blood vessels). Fruits of some species contain it 10 times more than black currants, 100 times more than apples. Only 5 - 7 berries contain the daily need of this vitamin for an adult.
- Carotene (provitamin A). It helps maintain eye health, visual acuity, reduces the risk of "night blindness".
- B vitamins (normalizes the nervous system, improves the condition of hair, skin).
- Vitamins: P (helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, in the dog rose the largest number among all berries, fruits), K (prevents the development of osteoporosis), E (improves skin condition).
As part of the fruit is:
- Sugar (glucose, sucrose, fructose, xylose).
- Organic acids (linoleic, linolenic, oleic, citric, malic, palmitic, stearic).
- Pectins, carotenoids, flavonoids (kaempferol, quercetin).
- Tannins, fatty oil (in seeds).
- Macronutrients (potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium).
- Trace elements (selenium, copper, zinc, cobalt, iron, molybdenum, manganese).
Brew fresh rosehip
Brew fresh rose hips, we can only during its flowering period. However, even at such a small period, we can get the most from these fruits. With fresh fruits, you need to be careful and follow instructions carefully. Because they are in such a form more gentle and quickly lose their useful substances. But if you learn how to properly prepare the decoction, then you get a drink from all the healing ingredients. Let's get down to business:
- The first thing you need to rinse the berries well, it is desirable to make it with warm water.
- We open and remove the outer hairs that irritate the mucous membrane and can cause discomfort in the throat.
- After receiving the pure and cleared seeds, we begin to knead them with a fork.
- After obtaining a homogeneous mass, pour it into a glass dish and fill it with water, the temperature of which should not exceed 60 degrees.
- Leave to infuse the resulting solution. It is desirable to withstand 40 minutes, you can more, but no less. To make it easier to drink the infusion, it is necessary to filter it.
- Again, take the wild rose berries and pour water in this ratio: 1 tsp = 0.5 l. water. Boil for 40 minutes.
- Cool the broth to an acceptable temperature and mix it with the already prepared infusion. According to your taste preferences, you can add a little honey.
In one of the points it was stated that during the preparation of the infusion, water should not exceed 60 degrees. Such designations are chosen for a reason. The fact is that if the temperature is higher, then the vitamins will begin to break down, and, accordingly, the rosehip berries drink will become useless.
How to take for the benefit of the body?
Many do not know how to drink broth hips, so try not to use it. It should immediately be said that taking this remedy independently is only possible with the aim of preventing various diseases and maintaining immunity in proper condition. For medical purposes, only a doctor can correctly draw up a regimen based on individual data.
- you need to drink the broth before eating three times a day for half a glass,
- if used infusion, then 150 ml for 10 minutes before meals,
- You can use 35 drops of alcohol tincture 4 times a day.
If the acidity of the stomach is increased, then the body can react negatively to the medicine - there is a lot of acid in the hips. Refusal of treatment should not be, as it is allowed to take a healing elixir immediately after eating.
The benefits of rose hips for the human body
Due to this rich chemical composition, the fruits of thorny shrubs have many useful properties. With their help, they replenish their vitamins, increase the body's resistance to harmful environmental factors. As a health-promoting curative, rose hips help:
- Strengthen the entire body, raise the tone, improve immunity.
- Get rid of cold, flu, cough.
- To lower the level of cholesterol in the blood, to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, to treat diseases of the heart and blood vessels, atherosclerosis, hypertension.
- Strengthen the nervous system. To clean the body of toxins, slags, carcinogens.
- Improve appetite, digestion, suppress inflammation in the intestines and stomach, treat diarrhea, gastritis, colitis, gastric ulcer, 12 duodenal ulcer.
- Relieve menstrual, headache, dental, joint pain.
- To get rid of problems with the liver, kidneys, gall, bladder.
- To stop bleeding, to increase the speed of tightening various wounds, the accretion of bones during fractures.
- Prevent the development of many colds, diseases of the heart and blood vessels, gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys, urinary system.
Are there any contraindications and is harm possible?
The benefits of broth hips for the body is obvious. It can help with numerous diseases, but it also has contraindications, for example:
- Individual intolerance to the components.
- Exacerbation of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
- From the constant, uncontrolled reception of the drink suffers tooth enamel - the acid contained in the berries, it eats away. Doctors recommend drinking the decoction through a straw or rinsing the mouth with clean water after each dose.
Before you begin treatment with dogrose broth, you need to study the benefits and harms it can cause and learn how to take it properly. With proper use of the healing drink, it will help get rid of many diseases, increase immunity and strengthen the general condition. Before starting a course, consult with your doctor.
What is dogrose useful for?
Briar is a wild shrub belonging to the family of Pink, in the people it was called a wild rose. For medical and food purposes, most often, use the berries of the plant, which are simply a storehouse of healing substances. In their composition there are vitamins of group B, A, C, E, K, as well as a lot of calcium, potassium, iron, chromium, phosphorus, magnesium and manganese. They are rich in the content of pectic substances, organic acids, useful sugars and tannins.
What are the benefits of hips:
- Enhance immunity and help in the treatment of viral colds.
- Strengthen blood vessels and eliminate cholesterol plaques.
- Increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Reduce blood pressure.
- Normalize the work of the digestive tract, prevent the development of inflammation in them, improve the microflora.
- Give a pronounced diuretic effect, stimulate the kidneys.
- Help to cope with vitamin deficiency.
- Improve the work of the genitourinary system.
Due to these beneficial properties, wild rose is actively used in traditional medicine for the treatment of influenza and acute respiratory viral infections, anemia, atherosclerosis, gallstone disease, female gynecological diseases and many other disorders in the body.
Brew dried dogrose
Dry briars we brew much more often. In principle, the method of cooking itself does not differ from the principle with fresh berries. However, there are also nuances here. So, prepare dried rosehips:
- Wash berries barely warm water. If in the version with fresh fruits, we used warm water, here lower temperatures are used.
- No need to clean the berries from hairs, immediately begin to grind. You can use the technique: starting with an ordinary blender and ending with a coffee maker.
- We should have a flour-like mixture, which should be poured into a thermos, pour water and insist for an hour.
- Now boil 1 tsp. mixture in 0.5 liters. water. Broth skip through a sieve and mix with infusion.
If you do not have the ability to chop the fruit, you can use whole berries. But then you must understand that the cooking process will take longer. Not once has it been repeated that you need to take glassware in cooking. This factor is due to the fact that in the metal all useful properties are reduced.
The easiest way to prepare a drink from dry whole berries is to fill the fruit with water and leave it for no more than 12 hours. In order not to keep track of time, you can simply leave to insist on a drink at night. This option is also more economical, because the berries can be reused. The same berries can be used no more than four times, otherwise then they already lose their vitamins, minerals and other useful components.
All the above recipes are indicated for preventive purposes. If you want to use wild rose for a particular disease, then you need to take prescriptions exclusively from your doctor. Since in dealing with different diseases, recipes and proportions always change.
Rose Hips - Contraindications
Given the composition and properties of wild rose, in some cases it is better to refrain from use. Contraindications are:
- Individual intolerance.
- The acute phase of gastritis and peptic ulcer disease (especially if acidity is increased).
- Bronchial asthma.
- Increased blood clotting, thrombophlebitis, heart failure, endocarditis.
In case of pressure violations, it is necessary to take into account this nuance
- With increased pressure, it is recommended to take dogrose infusion, and alcohol tincture is contraindicated.
- With reduced pressure - the opposite is true. You can alcohol tincture, and water infusion is harmful.
Rose hips contain a lot of ascorbic acid, so long-term use of large quantities can disrupt carbohydrate metabolism, inhibit the formation of insulin by the pancreas, disrupt the liver.
The use of hips for the body is indisputable, but it is important not to overdo it, so as not to cause harm to the body instead of benefit. How long can you drink rose hips in time? Even completely healthy people are not recommended to constantly use infusions and decoctions.
Drink healing drinks need courses.
Can I use during pregnancy?
Gynecologists often advise expectant mothers to drink broth hips during pregnancy. How is it useful?
- improves the metabolic processes
- blood cholesterol returns to normal
- pressure decreases
- diuretic effect - in pregnant women swelling.
Broth hips, like a magic elixir, helps the health of the mother and nourishes the baby with vitamins and trace elements.
How to cook a decoction of rosehip during pregnancy:
- Rinse dry rosehips well.
- Crush 2 tbsp. l dried fruit.
- Pour mass with a glass of boiling water.
- Insist approximately 30 minutes.
- In the pulp add a glass of boiling water again and boil for 5 minutes.
- Decorate the broth through the fabric and combine with the infusion.
As a result of these manipulations, you get a drink that contains vitamins from the infusion and minerals. Drink healing elixir is necessary before meals three times a day for half a glass. Even therapists advise pregnant women to drink this drink if they are tormented by severe edema.
Like all medicinal plants, wild rose has its own contraindications:
- intolerance to the components of the composition,
- gastritis with high acidity,
- dermatological problems
For some diseases, the benefits or harm will depend on how you drink the dog rose. For example, in case of hypertension, to reduce the pressure, only water infusions from the fruit can be consumed, and for hypotensic use of alcoholic liquors is recommended, on the contrary, they will increase the pressure. Also, a high content of ascorbic acid in the means with dogrose adversely affects the condition of the teeth, therefore, after each use, you must thoroughly rinse the mouth with water.
Often another question arises - is it possible to use the plant in the treatment of pregnant women and children? Since rosehip rarely causes an allergic reaction, such a useful plant should certainly be consumed during pregnancy and given to children. But before brewing a dogrose for drinking in recommended dosages, these categories of patients should be given a small amount of money and carefully followed the response of the body.
There is no doubt about the benefits of the plant, therefore we will consider further how it can be used, how to brew the dogrose correctly and how to drink it for preventive purposes.
Rosehip stimulates the immune defense system, has a tonic effect and normalizes the processes in the nervous system. Thanks to these properties, wild rose can be used as a prophylactic against viral and bacterial diseases, with increased fatigue and high stress load.
The advantage of infusion is that fruits retain a greater amount of vitamins and minerals. In this case, dogrose need not boil, and insist. Fresh berries should be washed, chopped to a pasty state and do not forget to remove the villi. If you are dealing with dry fruits, then you just need to wash them.
Pour berries need not boiling water, and warm water. This is done in order to preserve as many useful properties as possible. Water should be used at a temperature not exceeding 60 degrees, and in all cases of preparation. Need to insist at least four hours, but not more than a day. After the time, the infusion should be passed through a sieve or gauze, and then drink. Depending on your taste preferences, you can add a spoonful of honey, but not sugar.
Diseases of the cardiovascular system
For heart diseases, take small doses. After the course of treatment, a one-month break should be taken. The fruit of the plant contains potassium, which supports the main organ of the human body. Этот компонент способствует укреплению сосудов, но при этом не лишает их эластичности. Эффективные средства для чистки сосудов.
Ежедневное применение 40 г порошка из шиповника на протяжении 6 суток снизило давление у людей с ожирением на 3.4%. A slight decrease in pressure was also observed in those patients who ate fresh berries.
The broth is taken for the prevention of heart attacks and strokes.
Honey can be added to a slightly cooled drink.
How to brew rosehip in a thermos
Dried berries can be prepared in two ways - in the form of a decoction and in the form of an infusion, for brewing which you will need a thermos.
How to brew dried rosehip in a thermos:
- Fruits and water are taken in a ratio of 1:10.
- Dry dog rose thoroughly washed.
- The berries are crushed. If you do not want the villi to be present in the infusion, you can put them whole, but then the taste will suffer, and less healing components will go into the water.
- Lay in a thermos and pour boiling water.
- Insist at least 7 hours, and better throughout the night.
You may be interested in: Crimean tea - healing gatherings of Crimean herbs
The procedure is recommended every day for 1-2 months. The break should be a couple of weeks, then repeat the course.
Rosehip in Oncology
Rosehip contains antioxidants and vitamins, the plant is considered unique, it provides assistance in the treatment of cancer, if used in the early stage of the disease.
- dog rose
- pine needles,
- onion peel.
Due to its rich composition, the infusion is obtained with saturated vitamin C, quercetin, antioxidants, vitamin E, essential oils, tannins.
To prepare the drink, take a pinch of onion peel and boil it in 200 ml of water for ten minutes. The resulting decoction pour a spoonful of pine needles and a tablespoon of rosehip in a thermos.
Drink insist all night, take a tablespoon.
How to drink rosehip kissel
This is an unusual recipe for a cure from a dog rose. For its preparation is used pre-cooked decoction of the fruit. Briar boil and pour broth oatmeal for 15 minutes. After the flakes are infused, the mass should be squeezed and filtered.
Then the procedure is repeated, and so several times. From the oats you need to squeeze all the starch. After the third procedure, this oatmeal jelly can be drunk. To improve the taste in the drink add a small amount of sugar. Keep the jelly in the refrigerator, drink chilled.
The drink effectively removes toxins, it improves metabolism, it can be used for weight loss. This is not just a treat, it is a tasty medicine. Ideal for an afternoon snack or breakfast.
The duration of the use of wild rose
How much can you drink wild rose? It is believed that the standard rosehip rate for adults is one cup per day. Children need to drink no more than 150 ml. You should not drink longer than two months. The amount of wild rose for treatment and the duration of treatment depend on the disease being treated.
- For the prevention of colds you need to drink rosehip 2-3 weeks, 100 ml.
- For edema before eating drink 100 ml three times a day.
- During exacerbation of pancreatitis, broth is taken in small sips of 150 ml in heat, divided into 4 doses. The course is seven days.
- When cholecystitis course is less than a week, it is recommended to take 100 ml of decoction four times a day.
- If you need to improve the outflow of bile, you need to drink broth hips on an empty stomach.
Is dogrose infusion helpful during pregnancy?
Rosehip is good because pregnancy and breastfeeding are not limitations to its reception. Infusion of a plant while carrying a child will only strengthen the body and protect the mother from possible colds.
However, it is necessary to be careful with the dosage, before taking the infusion should consult with your doctor. It is usually advised to drink no more than a liter of drink per day.
Important! This plant has a powerful healing effect, but is not able to replace a full-fledged drug therapy for serious diseases. The benefits of rose hips and its contraindications during pregnancy can be found in our article at the link.
How to cook?
Infusion is easiest to prepare at home, so of all the medicinal products based on rose hips, it is the most convenient and common. The only thing that should definitely be taken into account when brewing is that the water must be hot, but not boiling, otherwise the useful substances are not stored. We will tell about the famous recipe, how to make rose hips in a thermos.
To prepare a liter of infusion, you need to take four tablespoons of dried rosehips and pour hot, with a temperature of about 50 degrees Celsius, water in a thermos. Leave the infusion for 12 hours, it is better to brew in the evening, by the morning the drink will be ready. Before taking pass through a sieve or gauze.
Important! It is better to grind fruits before brewing. More information about how to brew the dog rose, we have already written in our article.
It is worth remembering that the infusion retains its medicinal properties for only two days from the moment of preparation; it should not be stored for the future.
It is also possible to make rose hip tea based on dried fruit, its action will be softer, suitable for the prevention of colds. Such tea is useful for children and even adults.
It is necessary to brew a tablespoon of crushed berries of the plant in a glass of hot water, add a couple of teaspoons of frozen raspberries and sugar to taste. Insist until the beverage cools down by itself. You can eat honey or jam.
How to use?
In order to strengthen the body and enhance immunity, it is enough to drink a glass of drink three times a day, along with a meal. Constantly you should not do this, only with courses in the cold season, after or during a cold, because rosehip has a number of contraindications.
In other cases, before applying the infusion, you should consult with your doctor, discuss your diagnosis and dosage that is appropriate for a particular disease. Rosehip is a fairly potent phytotherapeutic agent, it should be taken carefully, then it will show only the best properties.
There are some additional rules for taking rosehip medications:
- After taking the infusion should rinse the rod with plain water, ascorbic acid adversely affects the tooth enamel.
- Do not drink the infusion on an empty stomach, it increases acidity
- Together with the course of rosehip infusion should be included in the diet celery, parsley, dill. They will help mitigate the effects of the remedy on the stomach and the digestive tract as a whole.
These simple rules will help to achieve the best effect of taking an infusion on the hips.
Acceptance of rose hips for weight loss
Substances contained in wild rose accelerate the metabolism, which allows you to take the infusion in cosmetics. To help yourself lose weight, maintain a chosen diet and consolidate the result of training, it is enough to drink a glass of drink three times a day. The course should be short - 2-3 weeks will be enough to achieve a positive noticeable result.
Important! With the appearance of allergic reactions from the reception of the infusion should be abandoned.
How to cook and apply broth hips
Hello dear readers! Rosehip - a beautiful shrub, reaching 3 meters in height and fruiting up to 50 years.
From root to leaf, it is filled with the most valuable elements that man learned to use in antiquity.
Today, the conversation about broth hips - the benefits and contraindications, important little things, without which it is impossible to get a healthy drink. All supporters of a healthy lifestyle and traditional medicine should be aware of this.
Rosehip decoction: benefits and contraindications
Decoction of wild rose is used today by many, but not everyone knows how to get the most useful drink and use it properly. We will understand the most important issues, including how to cook, how to take, how many times a day and how much to drink. Thanks to the valuable components, the wild rose is prescribed by doctors in combination with drugs. The indications include the following:
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system. The decoction has a strengthening effect on the heart muscle of the heart, capillaries, blood vessels, the risk of atherosclerosis is reduced.
- Reduced immunity. Due to the high content of vitamin C, the plant is a natural source of this substance.
- Slagging organism, obesity. Antioxidants rose hips help natural cleansing of the body.
- Avitaminosis. The complex of vitamins, micro and macroelements make it possible to fill the shortage of useful substances, which is especially necessary in the off-season for children and for women with breastfeeding.
- Anemia. Rose hips stimulate the formation of red blood cells.
- Violation of metabolic processes.
- Gastrointestinal problems.
In addition, dogrose decoction has an anti-inflammatory effect, improves metabolism, stabilizes the nervous system and activates the mental work of the brain. It is useful for pancreatitis, cholecystitis, kidney and liver. It can even be nursing mom when breastfeeding, give and babies up to a year.
How to cook a decoction of dried rose fruit
Rosehip decoction is prepared from pure fruits, dried, but not dried to black. They should not be traces of fungus. Berries should be washed in running water and beat with a needle (you can mash). Any infusion is always passed through a sieve to remove villi that can get from the inside of the fetus. To prepare a drink in two ways: in a thermos and without a thermos.
The method of preparation in a thermos involves infusion of the drink, maintaining the heat for a certain time. At the same time, high temperature, long-term boiling destroys vitamins, other substances - this should be taken into account.
Thermos cooking and application
Consider the following:
- A glass of water is taken a tablespoon of berries (25 grams or 10 pieces).
- At will it is allowed to add dried fruits, sugar (honey is better). This option is suitable for children, but without honey.
- The best temperature for a decoction of 80 degrees (heat until the first bubbles).
- Water should not reach the edge of the neck of the thermos.
- Brewing time - 8 hours (brewed at night and taken during the day),
- You can not brew in a metal pot,
- Avoid sunlight and oxygen during cooking and storage.
In order to lose weight, 3 spoonfuls of fruit are poured with boiling water and infused in a thermos for 12 hours. It is necessary to drink before meal within a month. This will speed up the metabolism and gastrointestinal function.
During pregnancy and toxemia, they drink half a glass of broth with the addition of 1 tsp. honey 2 times a day after meals. The proportions are calculated as follows: for 10 fruits, 500 ml of boiling water. It is kept for 20 minutes in a water bath, an hour is infused.
Rosehip decoction how to cook properly with honey and hawthorn
Rosehip in combination with honey is effective in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, biliary tract. It is useful to drink it and with respiratory diseases. On 1 spoon of the crushed fruits it is necessary a glass of boiled water. Insist in a thermos. Take half a glass before a meal with 1 teaspoon of honey.
Important! When added to hot water, honey loses its valuable qualities. With increased acidity, it is not recommended.