Fruits elliptical cream, smooth, dense, in the stage of maturity orange, weighing 90-120 grams, fleshy, good (for early) taste. Not prone to cracking, deadly, transportable. These tomatoes are suitable for fresh consumption and salting.
The variety is resistant to temperature differences, resistant to the main diseases of tomatoes.
Features of cultivation, planting and care
Sowing seeds for seedlings spend 55-60 days before the proposed planting in the ground. Dive seedlings - at the stage of two true leaves. When planting seedlings at a permanent place on 1 square. meter plot is recommended to place up to 3 plants.
Further care of the tomatoes consists of timely watering, fertilizing with complex mineral fertilizer, weed removal and preventive measures to protect against diseases and pests.
Formation of low-growing tomatoes, tying and protection from diseases, video
If you grew Golden Flow tomatoes, please write whether you liked them or not. What was the yield and taste of the fruit in your climatic conditions? How do you rate the resistance of this variety to disease? Describe briefly the advantages and disadvantages of this tomato in your opinion. If possible, attach to a comment photo of the whole bush or individual fruits grown by you. Thank!
Your feedback on tomato gold flow and additions to the description will help many gardeners to evaluate this variety more objectively and decide whether to plant it or not.
Description varieties with photos
The height of the tomato bush Golden stream is limited to 70 cm. It is not necessary to pass and form. Tie to the support should be based on the circumstances. Saturated green leaves on the bush is not very much.
Gold flow refers to the ultra-early varieties. The first ripe fruits appear already 86 days after the emergence of shoots. Small tomatoes are collected in brushes of 6-8 pieces, ripen together.
Oval fruits of rich golden color grow up to 80 grams of excellent sweet taste. Weakly pronounced seed chambers, they may be from 4 to 6, contain a small amount of seeds. Dense fruit pulp contains about 5% sugar and a high content of carotene.
Their best use is whole canning or preparation of juices. Harvest well stored and tolerates long-term transportation, does not crack. Proven yield up to 10 kg / m2.
Features of growing and care
Another advantage of the Golden Flow variety is recognized resistance to temperature extremes, immunity to many tomato infections. Fruits tied, even in adverse weather.
55-60 days before planting in the open ground, seeds are sown in seedling boxes. If the seeds are not processed in the factory, what should be marked on the package, they must be treated for diseases on their own.
Seeds intended for sowing are kept in a disinfectant solution - solution of potassium permanganate, aloe juice, and Fitosporin solution. The disinfected seeds are washed with pure water, they are passed and treated with germination stimulants - HB, Epin, Novosil or a solution of honey.
The grown seedlings are planted in a permanent place under the scheme 50 * 40cm.
The Golden Flow variety was bred in Ukraine in Kharkov by the breeders of the Institute of Vegetable and Melon-Growing. The grade is recommended for cultivation in personal subsidiary farms in an open ground. Popular in Russia, Ukraine, Moldova.
The variety is practically not sick with anything, it only attacks the Colorado potato beetle.
The variety is very productive! A real golden flow of tomatoes on a bush.
Tatyana Sergeevna Uvarova, Voronezh:
Sowed golden flow tomatoes. Received two in one: and almost 8 kg of delicious tomatoes per square meter, and a wonderful decoration of the vegetable garden. Among the greenery beds amber-yellow tomatoes attracted the eyes of not only guests on the site, but also passing along the street. Some difference of the result from the information on the packaging is not significant.
Sowing material before landing in the ground should go through 4 stages of preparation:
- warming up
- processing in the root generator,
Productivity depends on the correct care of the seed.
With the advent of three sheets of these shoots dive and harden with the help of a gradual decrease in air temperature. Grown seedlings are planted in nutrient soil on the prepared beds under the scheme 50x40.
Caring for tomatoes consists in watering, loosening the soil, preventing diseases, feeding and removing weeds.
Watering and loosening
Tomato bush is watered not earlier than 14 days after disembarking to a permanent place. Subsequent watering is carried out with warm, settled water in the morning or evening hours, as the soil dries out. Tomatoes will be less likely to hurt and develop better if you add 2 pinches of wood ash to a bucket of water. Loosening is carried out after each irrigation.
The variety needs top dressing at least three times per season, but to get a rich harvest, the bush is fertilized every 10 days. Fertilizers use complex, with a minimum nitrogen content.
Diseases and pests
The variety is practically not sick, but there is one enemy - the Colorado potato beetle. When it is detected, the tomato bush can be saved by treating it with insecticides strictly according to the instructions.
Disease prevention is:
- in seed treatment before sowing,
- in timely watering with warm water,
- in maintaining the temperature and humidity conditions.
Ekaterina, Moscow region:
“I learned about the Golden Stream from my neighbor in the country. Sowed and got two in one: delicious tomatoes and a decorative view of the site. I advise everyone to this unpretentious and high-yielding variety. ”
Elena, Leningrad region .:
“I read reviews about the tomatoes Golden Flow and decided to grow them in open beds through seedlings. I did not expect a rich harvest in our climate, but the tomato turned out to be resistant to the changeable St. Petersburg weather and presented a generous harvest by the end of the summer. Next year I will definitely plant this miracle. ”
The description and characteristics of the variety speaks for itself. With proper care, the yield is 4 kg per square meter.
What is a golden flow tomato?
Characteristics and description of the variety:
- Plant determinant type.
- The height of the bush reaches 70 cm.
- On each hand grows up to 8 fruits.
- The weight of one tomato is 80 g.
- The pulp is fleshy, juicy, contains 5% sugar and vitamins A and C.
- Fruits are golden, bright orange.
- The fruits ripen in 95 days.
- Ultra Early variety.
How are tomatoes grown?
The plant does not need to form and clean the stepchildren. Tomatoes of this variety are immune to various diseases. Tomatoes Golden flow resistant to temperature extremes. Vegetable unpretentious care.
Fruits have good transportability and long shelf life. They have excellent taste. Tomatoes are used fresh to make salads, juices, gravies, sauces, side dishes to meat dishes. Fruits are successfully used in canning. Reviews of vegetable growers about this variety only positive.
The first ovary is formed above the 6th leaf. The description says that the cultivar of the tomato stream is grown in a seedling way. 2 months before transplanting in open ground sowing seedlings. Seeds are planted in a nutrient soil to a depth of 1 cm. Cover the container with cellophane and put in a warm place.
The container should be in this room before germination. Before planting need to process the seeds. They are first heated, then disinfected, treated in a root-forming agent, then quenched. With the implementation of the rules of cultivation yield will be high.
After 2-3 leaves appear on sprouts, they dive. Seedlings need to harden. To do this, they endure for some time on the street. Strengthened shoots are transplanted into the open ground according to the 50 x 40 cm scheme. The plant needs to be watered regularly, spud, weed, and fertilize. After 14 days have passed since the vegetable has landed on the beds, it is necessary to water the bushes.
The next watering is done as the soil dries. Watered vegetables need warm water in the morning and evening. When watering for 1 bucket of water, add 2 pinches of ash. After watering the soil must be loosened. Fertilize plants should be no less than 3 times during the period of cultivation.
To increase the yield is recommended to make feeding 1 time in 10 days. Fertilizers should be complex, they should not contain too much nitrogen.
Plants are resistant to diseases, but you need to protect the bushes from pests. When the Colorado potato beetle appears, the tomato must be treated with insecticides.
Preventive measures are as follows:
- seed treatment with disinfectant solutions
- regular watering with warm water
- maintaining the required temperature.
Reviews of tomatoes Golden flow positive. Gardeners note the high yield of the variety and the excellent taste of the fruit. Due to the beautiful appearance of the plants with ripe tomatoes, they are used to create the landscape design of the site. Summer residents also note unpretentiousness of plants, they do not need to be tied up and formed. Tomatoes tolerate cool weather and wind. Tomatoes Gold flow yields 4 kg per 1 m², if all the necessary rules of care are observed.
Selection of seedlings
If you want to get a good harvest of tomatoes, it is very important to choose the appropriate seedlings. In that case, if the seedlings were initially not of the best quality, you can, of course, save it, but it will take a lot of time and effort for both your plants and you.
And, conversely, good quality seedlings will forgive you some omissions in care and without consequences will endure minor mistakes in growing.
It is best to purchase seedlings from a proven gardener who specializes in this variety. But not all novice gardeners have such acquaintances, so you have to go to the market.
Any gardener, passionate about his business, who grows seedlings not so much for earnings as “out of love for art”, will give you a lot of information about favorite tomatoes. Very often, such an enthusiastic person is difficult to stop, but with almost one hundred percent probability it can be argued that you have come to the right place.
Now you can proceed to inspect the external data of seedlings:
- The best age for planting “Golden Stream” tomato seedlings in the ground is 8–9 weeks. Taking into account the time you need for the final preparation of the beds, you need to buy planting material at the age of 50-55 days.
- The ideal seedling should look something like this: height - 26–30 cm, the number of leaves - from 7 to 10.
- The thickness of the stem should be from 0.6 to 0.8 mm, uniform green color, without any signs of dryness.
- Carefully inspect the root system for breakage and dry areas. It is imperative that the roots are in a moist earthy coma.
- The foliage must be of the correct characteristic shape, without deformations and hanging leaves.
- If you paid attention to the excessively bright color of the leaves, while they still hung on weak petioles, most likely, when growing in large quantities used growth stimulants. It is better not to buy such seedlings.
Sandy soils with a neutral pH (6.0–7.0) are suitable for growing tomatoes. Tomatoes feel good in areas where carrots, onions and beets have grown. It is quite acceptable to plant the crop after radish and cucumber. But after the legumes, pumpkin (except cucumber) and their counterparts - tomatoes, it is better not to plant the crop, because the land has already given all the nutrients to its predecessors.
To prepare the ground for tomatoes need to fall. Future beds need to dig, remove weeds and fertilize (per 1 sq. M):
- humus - 6 kg,
- superphosphate - 50 g
- litter (chicken or pigeon) - 1 kg,
- sifted wood ash - 1 kg,
- ammonium sulfate - 25 g
A few words about growing conditions under which plants are most productive:
- Do not plant tomatoes in the ground until it warms up to at least +14 ° C. At the same time, the daily air temperature should rise to +24 ° С and higher, and at night it should not fall below +15 ° С.
- Tomatoes require regular, abundant watering (2 times a week with moderate rainfall).
- Root cooling should not be allowed; in case of a cold snap, cover the areas around the root with mulch.
- The beds should be sheltered from drafts and direct sunlight, but at the same time, the plants need enough light.
Seed preparation and planting
Approximately 2 months before planting a young seedling in an open ground, seeds are planted on seedlings.
The timing can be determined more precisely as follows: it is necessary to find out when the air temperature in your region is set at the level indicated above (during the day - +24 ° C and higher, at night - not below + 15 ° C) +14 ° C. Subtract 2 months from this date - this will be the estimated time for sowing seeds for seedlings.
Before planting, the seeds must be pretreated. If you have purchased planting material from a reputable manufacturer, then you only need to germinate the seeds, they have already passed the rest of the preliminary processing (disinfection and hardening).
To begin, disinfection should be carried out:
- For this purpose, apply 1% solution of potassium permanganate. Planting material is put in the solution for 15-25 minutes, then washed with clean water.
- Suitable and 0.5% solution of sodium bicarbonate. Such a procedure not only disinfects, but also has a positive effect on seed germination (keep in solution for 20-22 hours).
- The drug "Fitosporin-M" is another remedy that has worked well for seed treatment. Use it according to the instructions.
The next stage is to prepare the ground for seedlings. You can purchase ready-made mixes in the store, or you can prepare the substrate yourself:
- Mix in equal parts turf, peat and sand, the resulting mixture should be shed with this solution: superphosphate - 20 g, potassium sulphate - 10 g, urea - 10 g (per 10 l of warm water),
- or take 1/3 part of humus, peat and turf, mix well, add 10 g of superphosphate and 2 cups of wood ash to 10 liters of substrate.
- Cover with a layer of 2-3 cm on a baking sheet and send to the oven for 20 minutes (t - + 190–210 ° C).
- Warm up for 3 minutes at maximum mode in the microwave oven.
- Dissolve in 10 liters of boiling water 1 tsp. with potassium permanganate slide, pour the prepared soil with the solution obtained (plastic 5–6-liter containers with holes made in the bottom can be used to drain the liquid).
How to disinfect the soil for seedlings: video
After the seeds and soil are ready, you can start planting. A container prepared for seedlings (boxes, plastic containers, etc.) is filled with a substrate a week before sowing seeds. The soil needs a few days to properly lie down. By the time of sowing the soil should be slightly moistened.
On the soil surface, make grooves with a depth of 10–15 mm. In them at a distance of 2-2.5 cm from each other, lay the seeds, sprinkle the top with the substrate.
Seed containers cover the film, it will create the desired microclimate. The minimum air temperature at which the seedlings should grow is +24 ° С. Open the foil daily for 5–7 minutes to ensure air flow. After the appearance of the first shoots, the film cover is completely removed.
Tomato sowing: video
Maintenance and care
Seedlings are particularly sensitive to soil moisture. Make sure the earth does not dry out. If the surface of the soil is dry - use the broom.
However, it is also not possible to flood trees. In this case, it is necessary to place the seedlings in a place with a high temperature (near the fitolamps or batteries) for the quick drying of the soil. After the third leaf appears, the shoots need to be dive - leave the strongest ones, thinning the rest.
Do not allow drafts. Pay particular attention to this point if the seating tanks are on the windowsill.
Shoots need hardening. When there will be sunny, windless weather, open the window for 6–8 minutes, you can take out the plants on the balcony or the street. It is necessary to repeat the procedure regularly, but it should be remembered that drafts to seedlings are categorically contraindicated.
When your seedlings reach the above conditions (height - 26-30 cm, about 10 leaves), it should be planted in the ground. Soil and beds by this time should already be prepared. If it's still cool outside, you can use a garden film to create a cover.Before planting, be sure to harden in the sun, constantly increasing the time of stay, otherwise the seedlings will get sunburn and will not recover
And you can slow down the growth of seedlings, reducing its watering and air temperature to a minimum. The procedure is harmless, just the metabolic processes in the plant for a while slow down.
The bed should be arranged this way.:
- Shrubs arranged in staggered order. Расстояние между кустами в одном ряду — 0,3 м, расстояние между соседними рядами (в пределах одной грядки) — 0,4 м.
- В обозначенных точках за 2–3 суток до посадки выкапывают лунки таким образом, чтобы в них поместился куст с комом земли. Лунки необходимо пролить кипятком с марганцовкой (1 ч. л. на 10 л воды). Then shed normal warm water and cover with garden film.
When the time comes to plant the seedlings in the beds, carefully, so as not to damage the roots, remove the seedlings from the boxes.
- In the prepared hole you need to carefully install the seedling, so that the root neck is just above ground level.
- Roots when planting should not be placed deep, the ground at a depth may not have warmed up.
- Sapling must be sprinkled with soil, lightly tamping the ground with his hands.
The essential advantages of a variety can be considered its small height, which allows it not to resort to a hatching, and its compact structure, due to which the bush does not require formation. As soon as the bush reaches its optimal size, it will stop growing high without burdening you with unnecessary trouble.
Although the bush is not very big growth, the garter will not be superfluous. It is possible to install tapestries, and it is possible to build an individual stand near each bush. Garter is needed, first of all, in order to make it easier for the plant to withstand the severity of the fruit during a bountiful harvest.Tomatoes should be watered at the root, in order to avoid disease, follow that the moisture does not linger on the sheets
In the first 3 weeks, the depth of soil loosening is about 10 cm. Then it is necessary to reduce the depth to 5–7 cm, as the roots develop, and excessive soil intrusion can harm them.
After 3 weeks after landing in the ground, when the plant will already feel confident in the new place, after loosening the ground, you can pile up the bush. This procedure will create the right climate for the roots and contribute to their active growth.
For normal growth and fruiting, the tomato is fed 3 times. The first time - 15 days after landing in the ground. In the period of formation of the ovaries make a second feeding. As soon as the fruits begin to ripen, fertilizers are applied for a third time.
For the first feeding, ammonium nitrate can be used (30 g per 20 l of water). The need of one plant is about 0.5 l of solution.
For the second time, feeding with superphosphate (15 g) and potassium chloride (7 g) is suitable. To apply fertilizer, it is necessary to make longitudinal trenches 5 cm deep along the beds, 25 cm from the tomato bushes. They should evenly distribute the fertilizers, and sprinkle them on the top with moist earth.
The third time make ammonium nitrate, in the same dosage as the first time.
Good for feeding and mullein, but it must be rotted, otherwise its presence will affect the taste of tomatoes. Dissolve 5 kg of manure in 25 liters of water, let it brew for 2 weeks. Mix the resulting product with water (1:20) - water the plants with this solution (1 l per bush).
After disembarking, tomatoes are fed with nitrogen, potassium and magnesium. In the period when the fruits begin to form, you can make ammonium nitrate.
Disease and pest prevention
Unfortunately, tomatoes are attacked by all sorts of pests and some diseases.
- Colorado beetle. The parasite is extremely dangerous for plants, destroys foliage and ovary. To combat the pest, there are many different insecticidal agents ("Bankol", "Bombardier", "Typhoon", etc.), which must be used according to the instructions. From folk remedies can be called such: spraying infusion of ash and wormwood, tincture of adult Colorado beetles, pollination of birch plant ashes during flowering.
- Medvedka. A dangerous parasite - a lover of tomatoes. It lives in moist manure soils. The threat to plants comes from the larvae, and from adult insects. Parasites dig holes, gnaw the roots of tomatoes, causing them irreparable harm. For destruction use "Konfidor", "Bowerin", "Medvetoks" according to the instructions. From agrotechnical means it is necessary to distinguish such: regularly loosen between bushes and beds (thus you destroy the egg-laying of insects), avoid using manure. You can plant marigolds around bushes - pests try not to approach them.
- Wireworm. Another pest that affects the root and stalks of tomatoes. In the fight against it is quite effective "Basudin". The drug is mixed with sand, fall asleep in shallow grooves near the bush and sprinkled with earth.
- Scoop on tomatoes. The caterpillar first eats the tops of the plants, and then goes to the ovary. Very afraid of spraying garlic infusion.
The most common diseases affecting tomatoes include phyllossticosis, white spot, black leg.
- White spotting. A characteristic sign - rusty spots on the foliage, which soon showered. Treat the diseased plant by spraying with a 1% solution of Bordeaux mixture (10 g per 10 l of water). Since the pathogen lives on infected leaves, all last year’s leaves must be removed and burned.
- Blackleg. Dangerous fungal disease. Before planting, the soil should be treated with colloidal sulfur (0.005 g per 1 sq. M) and a solution of potassium permanganate (1 tsp. Per bucket of water).
- Phyllosticosis Manifested in the leaves at the bottom of the bush. The top of the sheet is rust-colored, on the other side is a green-yellow shade. Leaves wither and fall off. If the tomatoes grow in the greenhouse, it is necessary to lower the humidity to 55–58%. Recommended spraying of copper sulphate (100 g per 10 liters of water).
Harvesting and storage
At the end of June - the beginning of June, you can enjoy the wonderful golden-amber fruits. Ultra early varieties begin to bear fruit almost immediately, at the same time. They are not typical of gradual ripening, when on one bush there are fruits of different degrees of maturity - from completely green to ripe.
If you want to prolong the fruiting time, tomatoes should be harvested unripe, in the so-called technical degree of maturity. The fruits collected at this stage will reach and will not differ in any way from the collected ones completely ripe.
But, after harvesting with greens, you will free up plant resources. Instead of spending power on the ripening of the tomato (which is completely well fully ripe and independently), the bush will direct them to the formation of new ovaries.
In late summer, with a decrease in temperature, the plants slow down their metabolic processes, and soon die altogether. At this time it is necessary to collect all the remaining crop, otherwise the fruits on the bushes will spoil.
All tomatoes are extremely sensitive to cold. In that case, if the night temperature regularly drops to + 5 ° C, and the plant still has fruits, they no longer mature.
If frost is “on the nose,” and there are still fruits on the bushes, you can proceed as follows:
- Plants are dug out of the garden as a whole, along with the root system.
- Shrubs with fruits are stacked in piles of 0.7–0.9 m in height, all roots should be directed to one side.
- The resulting heaps are covered with straw and left. After 10-12 days, some of the tomatoes will ripen, it needs to be removed from the bush, at the same time to remove rotted or spoiled.
Beautiful, original and absolutely unpretentious in the care of tomatoes, no wonder so quickly gained popularity. Gardeners claim that the “golden stream” will be able to grow even a beginner amateur. And if you add to these characteristics excellent taste, super early ripeness, disease resistance and versatility of the variety, all doubts disappear - you just need to grow this amber miracle in your garden.